#441 Niamad

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

View PostLyria Frostburg, on 08 September 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Hi, newbie here, just started playing MWO. It's really fun to play but i'm looking for some people to team up with, cause i think teamplay is half the fun and in those random matches everybody just kinda do their own thing.

I'm in time zone GTM +1 and play on EU and NA Servers, online between 13:00 - 22:00 depending on my working hours.

Sorry for any mistakes but english is not my native language. (Though when it comes spelling, i'm bad in any language, got dyslexia so sorry if it's difficult to read.)

Hi Lyria,
schau einfach in den deutschen Teil des Forums, einfach bis zu den Internationalen Foren runterscrollen.Posted Image
Ein Blick in die Anfängerhilfe wäre empfehlenswert und ansonsten gibts da noch die Rekrutierung wo
Einheiten neue Leute suchen.

Mfg Niamad

#442 Blu3R00st3r

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:32 PM

Greetings,

New pilot, looking to find a unit/group that is training pilots and is friendly. I have a CN9-D kitted out, working towards mastering the Centurions, earning enough C-Bills.

I am on the NA Servers, EST afternoons and evenings when I have time.

Blu3r00st3r

#443 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

Won't be able to offer a unit but I am trying to drop more and could help out.

Been around since 2012 and quite well known for youtube videos that go against the meta and usually do exceptionally well.

#444 Nokturn

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:40 AM

Old player returning and looking for a group. Let me know if anyone has space available. If I dont respond on here please email me @ eternalfyr@gmail.com

#445 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

Grüße, ich möchte an dieser Stelle nur einmal darauf hinweisen, dass wir ein Community Projekt haben, das sich der Anfangsproblemtik in MWO annimmt. Dabei versuchen wir über eine Art Mentorschafts-System Anfänger und erfahrene Spieler zusammen losziehen zu lassen. Dabei kann der Mentor (Helfer) euch nicht nur Dinge erklären, sondern auch Fragen direkt beantworten und ein Auge auf euch und euren Fortschritt werfen. Zudem haben wir eine ganze Reihe an neuen Spielern immer da, mit denen man auch einfach sich so mal zusammen setzen kann um Erfahrungen auszutauschen oder Spieler des "eigenen Kalibers" mit in der Gruppe zu haben.
Alles weitere findet ihr hier:
http://mwomercs.com/...ie-arme-greifen

Bei Fragen gerne auch eine PN an mich!
Sorry for the german post, for everyone interested in knowing what I wrote:
We have a community project running that's whole purpose is to support new players and let them get into the game by providing mentors that will drop with you and supervise you.
The whole discription is in the start post of this thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...ie-arme-greifen

#446 CrowCZ

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

I'm lookin for new friends among MWO pilots. People around me do not appreciate this awesome universe, so I was hoping there would be some pals who would like to team up with me. :)

Contact me on:
FB: https://www.facebook.com/denny.mihalik

#447 Blu3W0lf

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:39 AM

Raubwurst, is that open for all new players?

#448 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostBlu3W0lf, on 19 October 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

Raubwurst, is that open for all new players?

The post is a bit old, but I believe it still is.

#449 haulboss

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationJust left of New Eden

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

I'm just trying to find a clan(Bunch of Guys) that can group together so they're not the odd man out. Swap build idea so we're not one-shotted on the field and just having a good time. I'd prefer more mature people that understand that this is a game. I've played before but that was a while back. My pilot's name is: haulboss

Edited by haulboss, 15 December 2016 - 11:54 PM.

#450 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

View Posthaulboss, on 15 December 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

I'm just trying to find a clan(Bunch of Guys) that can group together so they're not the odd man out. Swap build idea so we're not one-shotted on the field and just having a good time. I'd prefer more mature people that understand that this is a game. I've played before but that was a while back. My pilot's name is: haulboss

Sadly I am no longer part of a unit (real life got in the way), but if you check the recruitment and units section of the forums for each faction, you'll find tons of units that could suit your purposes.

Click this link ---> Factions forum

You can also put your name, and what you're looking for in the Hiring Hall thread. Unit recruiters frequent it regularly, and will get back to you quickly.

#451 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:58 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 19 October 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

The post is a bit old, but I believe it still is.

Yes it is! Sadly I didn't saw the posts back then...

Unfortunatly we are still limited to the german-speaking level, as all our helpers are german and not everyone is capable of speaking englisch.
And (all) my plea(s) to PGI to help us migrate the project to the international level are still "please hold the line, the next available employee will be ready soon™".

#452 JimiJimi

Rookie

• The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

Greetings!

I'm pretty new to MWO and was looking for casual people to team up with. I'm interested in learning to be a better player. I finished out the first 25 games last night and I still find myself asking what just happened at the end of most of my matches regardless of the results.

#453 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

View PostJimiJimi, on 23 December 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

Greetings!

I'm pretty new to MWO and was looking for casual people to team up with. I'm interested in learning to be a better player. I finished out the first 25 games last night and I still find myself asking what just happened at the end of most of my matches regardless of the results.

I will be away from my gaming rig for a few days, but if you want send me a PM. I can help you get started.

#454 Yskonyn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Hi guys, I am new to MWO.
Due to my irregular working schedules and family life I cannot commit to any hardcore groups and fixed play times, but I do like to connect with the community and perhaps there is a laid back outfit recruiting people?
I also need some training to become a better pilot. I am trying to pilot my Mech with a Warthog HOTAS and Rudder pedals setup for immersion, but I am starting to think all the quick killers are using mouse and keyboard. I have nowhere near the torso traverse as some people I have come across in matches.

Anyway I would be delighted to hear from you! Perhaps you can assist this 'old' geezer.
For what its worth, I am a fan of the tabletop Battletech game, so I am familiar with the setting.

P.S. The EU ComStar TS server seems to have gone the way of the Dodo.. does everyone use the NA one these days?

Edited by Yskonyn, 28 December 2016 - 01:47 PM.

#455 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostYskonyn, on 28 December 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

Hi guys, I am new to MWO.
Due to my irregular working schedules and family life I cannot commit to any hardcore groups and fixed play times, but I do like to connect with the community and perhaps there is a laid back outfit recruiting people?
I also need some training to become a better pilot. I am trying to pilot my Mech with a Warthog HOTAS and Rudder pedals setup for immersion, but I am starting to think all the quick killers are using mouse and keyboard. I have nowhere near the torso traverse as some people I have come across in matches.

Anyway I would be delighted to hear from you! Perhaps you can assist this 'old' geezer.
For what its worth, I am a fan of the tabletop Battletech game, so I am familiar with the setting.

P.S. The EU ComStar TS server seems to have gone the way of the Dodo.. does everyone use the NA one these days?

na1.mech-connect.net

#456 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostYskonyn, on 28 December 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

I am starting to think all the quick killers are using mouse and keyboard. I have nowhere near the torso traverse as some people I have come across in matches.

Keyboard and mouse in my experiance work better than HOTAS, I have tried a few times with my X52 Pro and it just feels like I am handycapping my selt.

torso twist range is not affected by the controler you are using but diferant Mechs have very diferant twist range, compair the twist range of the Spider (110 degrees each way) with the Urby (360) and the spider is somewhat wanting for twist range, although the Urbanmech is the only Mech with 360 torso twist
another example would be 55 tonners, the Griffin has 110 degrees each way while the Shadow Hawk, same tonage only has 90, and the Kintaro has 90 degrees, 100 or 115 depending on varient, and some Mechs including the Stalker, Dire Wolf and Kodiak have only 60o on most varients

if you mean twist speed, that is affected by engine size and skill tree unlocks. if your Mech is slow its twist is usualy also slow, putting in a bigger engine makes the Mech more responsive and faster in every way, not just ground movement speed

also playing with arms unlocked can make the Mech seem more responsive in terms of twisting

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 31 December 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#457 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

Everything Rogue Jedi said; mouse and keyboard, armlock off (unless pixel popping at extreme ranges/using it for a quick precise shot with a hot key), and plenty of mechs have really crazy twist capabilities especially with larger engines (you wouldn't believe how night and day it can be). A decent mouse is just much more responsive and -accurate- to get your reticle where you want, doubly so if you have a DPI button to switch sensitivity on the fly (which many affordable gaming mice have).

There's also some with better software that let you have independent x and y axis sensitivities so you can twist quick and scan the horizon snappier with a less sensitive up and down (not something I have, but some folks really swear by that, whatever works). Might work better if you're used to HOTAS, though I personally wouldn't mind some pedals for the throttle Posted Image.

Quite a few have been saying the Cyborg command pads and similar are the cats meow, especially as a responsive transition to a HOTA that's more comfortable (and potentially better for movement) than a traditional keyboard; you'd still use a mouse for aiming but the pad handles almost everything else really sleekly. Haven't tried one myself, so take that with a grain of salt.

#458 Yskonyn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the input.
I think I am going to use my pedals for leg steering and jump jets, my throttle for throttle and combat functions and my mouse for aiming and torso twist and see how that works out.

So what about the starting player? I don't have a group to join, but I am interested in proper coordinated play. A loner can only go so far. But I am unable to commit to set days of the week due to working schedules and family life.
Can you suggest some groups or ways to connect with people? I am not looking for hardcore players (again due to my inability to commit), but the more casual mature type.

#459 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:16 AM

You may want to look here:
https://mwomercs.com...7-faction-play/

Either choose a house/clan of your liking or a merc group. There you can find the international groups that are looking for members. Although it is in the "faction play" category it doesn't mean they are playing faction play. It is more of the general recruiting place.
If you are looking for teams that are not english-speaking, you may want to scroll down here to the prefered language:
https://mwomercs.com...-international/

If you don't want to join a unit directly, you can always use the free Teamspeak servers and try to hook up with a few people that you encounter there.
Guys, please help me out with the IPs, I only know the EU-Comstar:
109.228.29.191 - No password

#460 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

I'm a returning player might have to hop on the EU ComStar TS. I want to team up with people but I'm unsure if I want to be part of a focused unit yet because my play time is all over the place and a lot of groups like to have regular start times etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users