Need Help? Want To Team Up? Then Look Here

Guide

503 replies to this topic

#461 Yskonyn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 January 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

There's a "LFG" or Looking For Group option in the game to help you randomly meet up with other players. Good way to meet people and to get into coordinated play without the commitment.

Far as the pedals... fun fact about Mech cockpits according to Battletech's Tech Manual...
Steering and jumpjets are controlled through the pedals.
<.<
>.>
Just thought it was worth mentioning.
While inappropriate for this Mechwarrior game... this other tidbit helps with older games: The same description details the torso is controlled by twisting the joystick (as tilting it actually controls the reticle).

Heh, I know. I play the tabletop game as well. That's where I got it from, besides the novels perhaps.
Anyway, thanks for the info! I am going to test the trial mechs in the first 25 matches at least and go from there.

#462 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

There is also some great youtube videos that are worth the watch from people like Kanajashi and snuggles and moltenmetal.

Edited by Aescwulf, 11 January 2017 - 01:53 PM.

#463 Tark989

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGrayling, Michigan

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

For those that are looking for groups, or more coordinated play, almost any unit or merc corps is always looking for pilots. Quite a few of them have no set schedules for games, matches, or training, unless they're discussed ahead of time.I know that Harlock's Wraiths RCT has training nights on Tues. and Thrus. evenings. Time to be determined. It's not a requirement that you join the unit to participate, though I'm sure the option is open for most pilots. Skill level isn't a necessity, that can be trained into just about anyone. Posted Image That's only one example, too. I know of plenty of other units that don't take themselves too seriously. Feel free to message me anytime to talk about either my own unit, or others that I know of. Posted Image

Edited by Tark989, 15 January 2017 - 10:05 PM.

#464 camrap

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:49 AM

After a long break i'm trying to get back into the game. If any unit has room for an experienced rusty player, let me know

#465 OutlawHunter

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

I am looking for a North American based clan group. Anyone know any? I have TS but no mic. Thanks!

#466 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

Hey Im looking to join a group in North America as well. is there a recruit section here. Thanks Guys!

#467 Tark989

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGrayling, Michigan

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

There is a recruiting section, more or less, actually. You can find it in the thread ' Faction Play '. Most of the House units,and quite a few Mercenaries, have posted in there that they are available to new recruits. I'm sure that, should you contact any of the listed folks on the threads themselves, or any of the listed members FOR contact, you'll get some kind of response.
Granted, and truthfully, I'm biased, of course, but I think you could do worse than to come and check out HRCT. Harlock's Wraiths RCT is a great bunch of guys who like to have fun together, don't take themselves, or the game, too seriously, but can still kick a little a** when they want to. Check out our post in the Faction Play section under Mercenaries and contact anyone on the list of folks available for contact if you're interrested. :)

#468 talbs

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

Thanks

#469 Mercedez

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 6 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:37 AM

hi guys ...
Im looking for frensh Clan invasion faction groupe for teamspeak if someone know a community juste send me a message please ...

Thanks for answering ....

#470 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

View PostMercedez, on 29 March 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

hi guys ...
Im looking for frensh Clan invasion faction groupe for teamspeak if someone know a community juste send me a message please ...

Thanks for answering ....

I would suggest trying the French language forum

#471 karrade85

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:02 AM

Not sure where to post this so I have selected a couple spots in the forums to see what kinda response I get.

I'm looking for an active group/clan to join with a good player base online during my times.

I'm a former CWI member thinking about diving back into this game but I've found the player base in my primetimes low so I wanna see if I can find a group better suited for me. I played a lot in 2015 through January of 2016 when my laptop died and ended my MWO career.

I had a lot of fun playing this game but was always on a cheap 300 dollar laptop that got me low teen to mid teen frame rates. This caused me a bit of a disadvantage but as I said I still had fun and learned to work with it.

Now I have a new rig and I was thinking about coming back to MWO, I tested out my new PC the other day and frame rates are over a hundred with the worst drop at about 59. Needless to say I was excited although I was a bit rusty remembering controls and things have changed as well in the game. Still I played a few matches and had couple of kills and some 500 plus damage games so I'm confident I can improve.

My main playing times are usually around 1400 till about 1900 CST on week days. Sometimes on an off night I'll also be on 2330 till 0430 CST but that's kinda random on when it happens. I want to get into an active community to just do drops or faction warfare. I have only ever played with clan mechs like ebon jags, dire wolf, timber wolf, mad dog are a few I remember the most although I know I had some lights and mediums as well.

I need help relearning what works in the current meta and skill tree. I have not yet spent much of all the crap I seem to have gotten on the ledger refund whenever that went through. I really would prefer to join a clan faction as I don't really wanna start from scratch with IS mechs.

Please reply and send your discord or TS links or whatever. I really want to make some new friends and have some good times preferable 18 and over cause the only kids I wanna babysit are my own.

#472 cashiimo

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Hi all!

I'm a new player with less than 50 hours into Mw:O.
I'm looking for people to play games a little more coordinated with. I don't know where to start, that's why I'm posting here.
My ign is the same as the forum one: cashiimo

I basically would appreciate any tips, help, input in general. I own 2 mechs, a Wolverine and a Roughneck, both equipped with ballistic weapons - laser ams - and A-Lrm's. I like to think I'm doing alright in battles, as I ®eport every enemy, and get a lot of assists and stay near my team.

So if anyone would like an extra, inexperienced but eager to learn mechpilot in their group, feel free to message me here, or write to me ingame. I live in Denmark, so I'm on the european timezone, but am usually awake well into the night. I am 27 years old, and would consider myself a mature person, capable of receiving orders.

Thank you for reading, and have a great weekend! Posted Image

Edited by cashiimo, 08 September 2017 - 02:24 PM.

#473 Zebulin

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Is this info still relevant? TS info from 2012. Really need to get with some experienced players. Heck of a learning curve I'm riding!

#474 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostZebulin, on 05 November 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Is this info still relevant? TS info from 2012. Really need to get with some experienced players. Heck of a learning curve I'm riding!

Just checked the North America one. It is. Quite a crowd on there.

#475 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:03 PM

View PostZebulin, on 05 November 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

In fact I'm going to hang out on it for a while. Currently under the Newbie Social Channel (near the Entry channel) if you want to join me for either private matches or group play.

To steal a quote from someone...

View PostAureliusDean, on 01 November 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

OMG Koniving you are my hero. I love Panthers! I'm going to try your loadouts. I have a 10k(s) I call A--Hole... single PPC, twin streak 2's, and dual laser AMS. I just stand around the assault's ankles and keep them firing for the extra 20 seconds they need to kill stuff.

And to every new player, LISTEN to Koniving!

So tag along if you want. I'll teach you pretty much everything except meta.

#476 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:17 AM

The EU server address appears to be no longer valid.

#477 Mongrel714

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

Is there any training going on anymore? The teamspeak open?

#478 Alpha Vega

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 43 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:07 AM

Hi
I having problems connecting on TeamSpeak to the EU net it keeps saying not found. Also How can I make sure I have voice for quick play.

Thanks Maddog 60

#479 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostMaddog 60, on 12 January 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

Hi
I having problems connecting on TeamSpeak to the EU net it keeps saying not found. Also How can I make sure I have voice for quick play.

Thanks Maddog 60

There may have been changes to that Teamspeak. Sadly I don't use it so I can't help correct it.

Voice in game... Press Capslock. If you see your own name at the bottom, then you are broadcasting.
If you don't, then you may need to figure out why.

If you changed the button for using voice, you will need to use that new button instead.

#480 PoohPuss

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

I seem unable to connect to eu1.mech-connect.net.
Has it been abandoned or changed, or am I doing it wrong?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users