Hunt The Huntsman Presented With The New Razer Huntsman V2 Analog Keyboard

127 replies to this topic

#21 Thorsten Pryde

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:09 PM

Hey guys. Event is up and running but not counting any progress on my account. Could you pls fix it?

#22 BRUTPAUL

Rookie

• Commander
  • Commander
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:19 PM

Very nice event!
cant wait to get into my mechPosted Image

#23 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:25 PM

View PostThorsten Pryde, on 05 February 2021 - 12:09 PM, said:

Hey guys. Event is up and running but not counting any progress on my account. Could you pls fix it?

Hey there what exactly do you mean it's not counting? on the web? IN game?
Is anyone else seeing this issue?

#24 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:34 PM

for me its counting.

#25 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 05 February 2021 - 01:09 PM

Keyboard looks amazing, mech looks amazing, cross promotion looks amazing, nuff said.

#26 Thorsten Pryde

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 01:25 PM

You can't see challenge 10000 cbill. It's a mistake I guess looking at the rest.

Hey Matt. I mean in game. My first 3 games did not count. After a restart it startet counting now but I still am missing the results from my first games. 2 with a Fafnir and one with a bloodasp I think if you want to take a look.

Edited by Thorsten Pryde, 05 February 2021 - 01:26 PM.

#27 Ukos

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 01:28 PM

Hi i had similar played a game in stalker 3fb didnt log the results just played in shadowhawk and registered its game is their anything a little off base?

#28 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:39 PM

I'm not sure if it exists in canon at all....but can we get a non-omni Huntsman variant :S? I sure would love to move at a decent speed. And no I don't think it would be OP at all as long as it's not quirked to hell and back.

#29 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:45 PM

Another great event, looking forward to this one!

#30 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:51 PM

3 hours to go and I have barely gotten any work done, way too excited for the weekend.

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:08 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 05 February 2021 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'm not sure if it exists in canon at all....but can we get a non-omni Huntsman variant :S? I sure would love to move at a decent speed. And no I don't think it would be OP at all as long as it's not quirked to hell and back.

*squints at Vapor Eagle"
naaaaaahh!
Posted Image

#32 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:52 PM

Damn, just bought obsidian black during that new-years sale. Any chance we can get a consolation prize of like 50 mc?

#33 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:00 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 February 2021 - 12:25 PM, said:

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Hi there, Matt... On an unrelated note to what your post was aimed at, I was looking at the Event's roster of Challenges and noticed something odd. The initial news posting says that there were supposed to be "5x Razer Dice Hanging Cockpit Item" and "1 Standing Cockpit Item" in the rewards to be earned. But, upon taking a closer look, there appears to be no Standing Cockpit Item and the presence of a "Cockpit Hanging - Hunters Knife" present. Was there a couple of Challenge Items that got missed on the roster, or a glitch in setting up what's there, or is something else going on? I won't turn up my nose at getting the "Cockpit Hanging - Hunters Knife" which is up for offer, as I think that's a fitting item to give that would go with the Huntsman Mech quite well. It definitely makes a good addition to what the originally posted intent on the website's News currently appears to be. It just seemed like something may have gone awry with the Event setup, therefore I thought that it would be a good idea to give you a ping in order to enable your review of the Event's elements, lest it run away unnoticed and some newer player to the game end up minus something which you had intended for them to have a chance of scoring. Did it happen that I helped catch something, or have I possibly made a bad call? :o

Before it happens that I stupidly forget (which would also end up being "rudely forget" as well)....... Thank You for firing up a month-long challenge like this. It will be nice to earn some additional enjoyable items and a crazy Camo to go with that Mech too. :D

~D. V. "not sure if something has gone sideways with this 'Hunt The Huntsman' Event that's running" Devnull

#34 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:00 PM

Can you please have it so the huntsman comes with 100 GSP otherwise it will just add to my unskilled mechs

#35 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 05:32 PM

Great event guys! I'm looking forward to trying out a huntsman.
More events like this always welcome. It would be neat if there was also a reward for people who already have a huntsman, or whatever mech any given event is themed around. Otherwise we see a situation where people who already have lots of mechs will feel left out!

You could also do a sale and/or bonus for the Huntsman pack or Complete Pack in the store to fit the theme.

Edited by Heavy Money, 05 February 2021 - 05:40 PM.

#36 F37u5 Ea73r

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 05:45 PM

awesome event! thanks PGI!

#37 GiggMaster

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 07:08 PM

Just wondering - is this correct?

Posted Image

Edited by GiggMaster, 05 February 2021 - 07:24 PM.

#38 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:28 PM

1. A BIG thank you to MWO for getting this Razer dice hanging item back!
Always wanted this (missed this from way back when).

2. Thank you MWO/PGI for bringing their own ideas onto the table yet again with this Razer promotion!

3. Just curious, is Razer officially on board sponsoring this promotion?
Or is MWO/PGI just buying the Razer keyboards and shipping these to the lucky winners?
And how about the razer dice hanging item, did MWO/PGI need Razer permission to issue more of this in-game?

#39 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:58 PM

As requested from nuttyrat's stream these were the lore readings that were done for the Huntsman.

Summary 1 - Background
An Omnimech developed by Clan Nova Cat based on Technical Schematics won from the Diamond Sharks it was developed in partnership with the Clan Cloud Cobra-held Brim Ironworks. Piquing the interest of the Cloud Cobra Scientist Caste, the development and manufacture of the Huntsman was fast-tracked to allow it to enter the Nova Cat touman in time for the invasion. Exemplifying the OmniMech concept, the flexible Huntsman was the premier medium 'Mech of Clan Nova Cat during Operation REVIVAL. First seen within the 119th Nova Cat Striker Cluster that took part in the Operation Dragonslayer the combined Clan Smoke Jaguar and Nova Cat invasion of the Draconis Combine capital of Luthien, a DCMS intelligence officer dubbed the OmniMech with the name of "Nobori-nin" (Japanese for "Banner-bearer") due to the single fin-like projection rising from the back of the 'Mech.

Summary 2 - Equipment
While mobile enough for a Medium Clan Machine with 5 jump jets enabling it to leap up to 150 meters at a time, and reliably sturdy, the Huntsman is notable for the 23 and a half tons of Pod Space for weapons and equipment. Clan Nova Cat’s early actions with the Primary Configuration of the machine it was observed as a veritable Swiss Army Knife built around 4 extremely reliable and versatile ER Medium Lasers, with a Light Autocannon, LRMs, SSRMs, Electronic Warfare gear, and even Antipersonnel Pods allowing the machine to counteract nearly any opponent thrown at it. All other configurations tended to be more specialized and supported either the Primary Configuration, or it’s sister mech the Shadow Cat.

Summary 3 - Future
The Huntsman served the Nova Cats well through the Word of Blake Jihad, and became a popular mech with the Republic of the Sphere Armed Forces when Clan Nova Cats Delta Galaxy deflected to the newborn realm. After the Cats Abjurment, the ability to repair and replace Huntsmen waned, and the Battlemech began to be replaced with the Wendigo. Clan Sea Fox never forgot the machine however, and with the Nova Cats annihilation, the Spina Khanate took the chance to buy up Nova Cat intellectual property from House Kurita, and began producing the Huntsman on Asellus Australis in the Clan Protectorate.

Summary 4 - Calvin Deleportas
Star Captain Calvin Deleportas, a ristar with the 119th Nova Cat Striker Cluster, came of age prior to the arrival of Operation REVIVAL. Always noted as quiet and spiritual, he would serve among the Nova Cat forces bid for the Placement Trials to determine which Clans would take part in Operation REVIVAL and be allowed to invade the Inner Sphere. Though the Nova Cats would be denied a formal place in the invasion, Calvin attracted attention for his skills shown during the trials, with his lightning fast strike-and-fade tactics in the face of overwhelming odds allowed him to defeat three other opponents before a fourth finally destroying his 'Mech. Efforts such as these convinced the Grand Council to award Clan Nova Cat a position as a reserve Clan alongside Clan Steel Viper, as well as convincing his own Clan to allow Calvin the opportunity to fight for the Deleportas Bloodname. In his fifteenth and final Trial of Bloodright for the Deleportas Bloodname, he received one of the newly manufactured Huntsman OmniMechs.

Summary 5 - Pakhet
Naming his new 'Mech Pakhet (Egyptian word meaning “she who scratches” and in Egyptian mythology is a lioness goddess of war), Calvin would earn his Bloodname with it configured in a Huntsman B configuration handly defeating his opponent's Mad Dog to claim his prize. As he took part in Operation Dragonslayer - the combined Clan Smoke Jaguar and Nova Cat invasion of the Draconis Combine capital of Luthien - he would be credited with the destruction of a lance of Wolf's Dragoons light 'Mechs. During the Battle of Tukayyid he fought with Pakhet configured as a Huntsman A, personally downing four Com Guard 'Mechs before suffering a catastrophic gyro failure. His efforts against Clan Ghost Bear during the summer of 3063 was rewarded with the newly developed Huntsman N configuration as his recorded kills climbed into the double digits by the time the war ended.

#40 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:59 PM

Nice now I can keep my PA for SRM/Streak boating and have the Prime for ERPPCs or the crazy 2x UAC10 build (with other pods of course).

Any other non PA builds out there worth trying?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users