104 replies to this topic

#101 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 September 2021 - 10:00 PM

you know i don't think i would mind just 2 man groups being aloud in QP. i am a realist, i understand that the only way to keep the game functioning right now with the currently very low population is to have Soup Que, doesn't mean i have to like it. i'm a casual player and i couldn't give 2 shits about meta. to be honest i don't have any friends who play MWO (or any real friends to begin with) but i can understand others wanting to play with their friends. back in my early days i would play with a streamer by the name of Snuggles Time (he had a kid and just stopped playing altogether). we had some great times playing private lobbies or sinc dropping. we did some group drops as well (i remember one where we all dropped in trial Trebuchets and actually won). keep in mind this was long before the merge. for me QP has always been just to drop in have a few matches without having to worry about dealing with group troubles. it was always the "lets just have some fun" que.

i am a advocate for removing groups from QP but as i just said i understand the need with current population. one thing that needs to be done (and put on an ultra priority 1 lvl) is to fix the MM so it properly calculates groups into the equation. i think if that gets fixed groups wont be as large of an impact on a match.

he reason i don't play FP (even after 4+ years of playing) is because of the toxicity of the pre-made groups. i tried but my play style just doesn't mesh with the ultra comp meta try hard cry baby mindset of most of the players there. i think i would enjoy it if not for that. FP does add some interesting game modes to the field. i wouldn't mind seeing a QP style FP where it is restricted to solos and maybe a pair of 2 man groups max on each team. (i know plenty of new players see those free mech bay rewards and want to jump into FP as soon as they have enough mechs to put together a drop deck, i know i did) sadly we don't have enough players to keep the current FP running (last time i tried it i spent an hour waiting for a match before giving up). we are down to just having QP as the only way to get a match reliably so more and more of the ultra toxic players that usually stayed in FP or in Comp Que are now in QP with folks that just want to play casual.

we need to get and keep more new players but to do that the toxic players need to lay off and tone it down (not expecting that to happen but it is what it is).

(keep in mind i also refuse to join a Unit because of my previous experience with toxicity in units. only reason i have a unit tag (a unit with just me) is to more quickly spot my name on the end screen roster to know how i fared compared to the rest of the team)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 30 September 2021 - 10:04 PM.

#102 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 October 2021 - 01:42 AM

groups not a Problem, each of the older Veterans can play with other Veterans thats her finds in his team like a Group, the most plays hundreds of Battles against or side by side in the Years ...its liek each other game with Veterans and new Cannonfodder.Tactical players wins against Players thats plays alone for her own Grind and without her team and Tactical Awarness.A single assault or 1 Large Laser sniper Light is waste Tonnage for his own Team, Players thats dump change in the Enemy Line or plays LRM Boat her/give me Targets=Waste tonnage for her Team

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 01 October 2021 - 01:54 AM.

#103 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

View PostTENTACLE BOSS, on 17 February 2021 - 04:17 AM, said:

I was only able to start playing with friends for the first time in late 2020, because prior to returning to the game, you literally could not find matches if you queued with one other person. The game would force you into a separate queue with barely any players so solo play was the only reliable way to actually find matches. If I had friends playing at the same time as me, we knew it was a waste of time to try playing together. It was as a result of this pointless trying to encourage other friends to check the game out when the end result would be that you could never actually play with them, unless the extremely long group exclusive queue paired you up against some sweaty premade teams of four.

Not a good first experience for new players, and a horrendous co-operative experience. Whatever consequences exist of having groups in quickplay, the status quo is infinitely better than the experience we had before friends could reliably play together.

If you remove the ability to effectively find matches when playing with a friend, I'm probably just going to stop playing, because it will once again be ******* pointless trying to enjoy this game with friends. Please don't make that mistake.

Look, MWO is a smaller game, it doesn't have a massive community, and I enjoy playing with a friend or two primarily. It's not about being sweaty, I just prefer the game as a non-solo experience, and to do that I need the ability to actually be able to find players. I am willing to accept that I will occasionally go up against groups of more coordinated players in quickplay if it means I retain my ability to easily find matches when queuing with a friend.

These updates you are making this year are supposed to increase the longevity of the game, you are not going to achieve that by killing my ability to actually find matches with friends. Do not ruin my experience by reverting to the previous antisocial MWO experience where two people can sit queuing for literally an hour, because they are stuck into a separate minority queue that is almost exclusively populated by sweaty tryhard teams if anyone is even in the queue to begin with.

This is exactly what happened to me, I recruited a friend to play, and we never could play together and he gave up and quit. Right now the game is in a good place though. You can easily que up with friends, and the psr makes sure fewer mat he's are lopsided. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than it was a year ago.

#104 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:55 AM

View PostTENTACLE BOSS, on 17 February 2021 - 04:17 AM, said:

I was only able to start playing with friends for the first time in late 2020, because prior to returning to the game, you literally could not find matches if you queued with one other person. The game would force you into a separate queue with barely any players so solo play was the only reliable way to actually find matches. If I had friends playing at the same time as me, we knew it was a waste of time to try playing together. It was as a result of this pointless trying to encourage other friends to check the game out when the end result would be that you could never actually play with them, unless the extremely long group exclusive queue paired you up against some sweaty premade teams of four.

Not a good first experience for new players, and a horrendous co-operative experience. Whatever consequences exist of having groups in quickplay, the status quo is infinitely better than the experience we had before friends could reliably play together.

If you remove the ability to effectively find matches when playing with a friend, I'm probably just going to stop playing, because it will once again be ******* pointless trying to enjoy this game with friends. Please don't make that mistake.

Look, MWO is a smaller game, it doesn't have a massive community, and I enjoy playing with a friend or two primarily. It's not about being sweaty, I just prefer the game as a non-solo experience, and to do that I need the ability to actually be able to find players. I am willing to accept that I will occasionally go up against groups of more coordinated players in quickplay if it means I retain my ability to easily find matches when queuing with a friend.

These updates you are making this year are supposed to increase the longevity of the game, you are not going to achieve that by killing my ability to actually find matches with friends. Do not ruin my experience by reverting to the previous antisocial MWO experience where two people can sit queuing for literally an hour, because they are stuck into a separate minority queue that is almost exclusively populated by sweaty tryhard teams if anyone is even in the queue to begin with.

The trouble I have seen with this game in particular is the literally insane drive for solo play. People who complain about lack or teamwork and toxic community but point blank refuse to engage in any team work.
I play a lot of other online multiplayer pvp games that have groups as well as solos and I have never seen the sheer tenacity here regards it. I just cannot understand it or process the thinking.
The game was designed to be a team game. It's online and multiplayer as well, which means it's meant to be even minimally a social experience. in online games it's normal to form groups, clans/guilds or whatever.

People make a conscious choice to play in a way that is to their own detriment (and to some extent other's too) and then actually complain about their own choice. Insane.
PGI hasn't done this, the players have.

When I used to play FP, I would often join up with others and do my best to contribute to the group. This included speaking and listening to other people. We had so many times the odd solo who would join, then simply refuse to speak, listen ot play along with others. they would just do exactly what they wanted-often ruining the experience for everyone else.
Then there are people who complained abut the "tryhard" nature of FP...the very same people who wouldn't speak or listen.

This community is literally crazy. We the players have the first responsibility for the community. Communities are are just that.

community
noun [ C, + sing/pl verb ]
UK [/center] /kəˈmjuː.nə.ti/ US [/center] /kəˈmjuː.nə.t̬i/[/color]
[

the people living in one particular area or people who are considered as a unit because of their common interests, social group, or [url="https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/nationality"]nationality:

A group of solos, all just doing whatever they want, not wanting to interact with the rest of the people around them are not a community. Complaining about people doing what is natural in a team based game whils refusing to do so yourself is crazy.
again, PGI don't make people think and behave this way-they CHOOSE to.

Edited by Djinnhammer, 04 October 2021 - 07:58 AM.

#105 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:50 PM

Removed several posts that were unconstructive or showed the intention to pick a fight. Please contribute constructively to the discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users