53 replies to this topic

#21 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 02:59 PM

View PostJIKOSU, on 19 February 2021 - 02:23 PM, said:

bolt-ons should stay on unless damaged a lot, they should have their own health.

I strongly disagree with this. You shouldn't be able to pay for something that adds to your total health pool. I also don't see how this would be compatible with their announcement in the patch notes that they will "Make the rendering of bolt-ons an option in player preference".

I think that weapons should pass through all bolt-ons as though they aren't there. They should not be any advantage or disadvantage to attaching a bolt-on to your mech in terms of how much damage your mech can take or the size of its hit-boxes.

If PGI makes it so that you can select whether to have the game render all bolt-ons, render no bolt-ons, or only render allied bolt-ons and if weapon fire just passes through bolt-ons, then it won't matter if bolt-ons always stay attached (until the component they're attached to falls off at least). People can just turn off rendering of the enemy bolt-ons if they have difficulty correctly judging where to hit and people who don't have difficulty with it can have the game render all bolt-ons and enjoy seeing how everyone on both teams have decorated their mechs.

Edited by Wid1046, 19 February 2021 - 03:00 PM.

#22 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:29 PM

Just make it a choice in the game settings to see bolt ons or not.

#23 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:55 AM

im not will seeing all the allmost bad looking ugly Bolt ons ..im for a Option to see it

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 20 February 2021 - 02:56 AM.

#24 --GameOver

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:19 AM

Honestly, there's no point in Bolt-on right now. In most cases, this looks ridiculous. Make it make some sense.
For example, make false weapon systems. Make Bolt-on a full-fledged part of mechs. Let it have its own structure (a small bonus to the armor), but at the same time it should have its own weight and use the mechs space.

#25 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:36 AM

Bolt-ons should take and shield no damage. Fall off if related component is destroyed.
Bolt-ons will attract fire into nothing. Positiv and negative (u will be visually seen earlier) effect for users.
I would say it`s a more positive effect on users side than it`s a positive one for the opponent (ammo/heat for enemy+warning for bolt-on user): =>if u install stupid large bolt-ons on ur mech, on the battlefield your new shape of mech should be catched by sensors aswell.

If u want to give us the option to enable/disable bolt-ons, don`t forget to reshape bolt-on using mechs for the sensors.
But, i think, a clear decission is better for all. bolt-ons yes or no.
This decission is been made long time ago, isn`t it? Really wondering about PGI asking community in this topic. Will sth change? looking ffw°°7

#26 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:02 PM

The only fix to bolt-ons that matters is giving an option to toggle all of them off for people who don't want them visually present. Let others have all the crazy bolt-ons they want stay on their mech and mech components for the duration of the match.

I personally just want my bolt-ons to stay on their respective components, period. Its why I got them.

Edited by Yiryi-Sa, 20 February 2021 - 03:03 PM.

#27 Botaine

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUSA EVERYDAY

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:01 PM

I think bolt ons should fall off when the mechs structure is exposed on the place where the bolt on is mounted. Basically the bolt ons are bolted to the armor and they fall off with the armor. It would help the mech look more damaged I think, and it would be cool to blast off bolt ons from an enemy if you hit them hard enough. I don't think bolt ons should fall off in one hit and I don't think they should last forever either. The bolt on doesn't necessarily need to fall off at the exact time the armor is exposed either... you could do it when the structure is at 50% or at any other point. That point it falls off should be based on how durable the bolt on looks and the material it is made out of.

Edited by Lehv, 20 February 2021 - 09:05 PM.

#28 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:47 AM

Let me guess the vocal minority again cried out likely a guy who gets his flag shot off by teammates. Or hes sick of being shot by teammates that cannot aim well. All flags should easily come off! Its a flag simply a pole with a piece of cloth.

*ding ding* that's my 2p

#29 Blathlok

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:59 AM

Make all bolt-ons fall off on damage taken

PS
bring back scouting

#30 HEAD_SHOT

Rookie

• The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:52 PM

I love Bolton's & enjoyed the fact that they could be shot off...I would actually be cool if they hade animation were the bush would burn off... lol ..I have been streaming on twitch.... https://twitch.tv/xx_bazooka_joe_xx … I played back my last stream through my laptop, running bluestacks with the twitch.tv app & using HDMI cable to my Sony Tv... The HD looked awesome... I was very impressed... Noticed all the work done on Crimson Straight … Love the Red Dawn Posted Image

#31 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:27 PM

PGI wants responses that do the following:

View PostDaeron Katz, on 18 February 2021 - 03:07 PM, said:

How can you help? Please post to this thread with the name of the critical bolt-ons, and provide a screenshot (of the bolt-on equipped on a mech in the front end where you don't have to buy it). In most cases, 1 screenshot per bolt-on type should be sufficient.

Angel wings (1, 2, 3)
Spoiler

Collapsed Angel Wings (1, 2, 3)
Spoiler

Flag (Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik, Rasalhague, Steiner)
Spoiler

Chainsaw (Forearm left, right)
Spoiler

Damaged Car
Spoiler

Exhaust Pipes (Black, Chrome)
Spoiler

Fuel Pack (left, right)
Spoiler

Head Trophies (IS, Clan)
Spoiler

Helipad (Left, Right)
Spoiler

Jet Engine (1, 2)
Spoiler

Nuclear Bomb
Spoiler

There's more, but that's a start. The only ones that should stay on are the horns and a couple others.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 22 February 2021 - 06:49 PM.

#32 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:35 PM

I would just like to note flags should never fall off, as there is no historical record of a Sashimono ever being shot off in feudal Japan.

#33 Gold13

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:45 PM

I would much rather see dev resources go into other more consequential areas. Rather than getting sucked into a rabbit hole of which bolt ons need to fall off and which don't, and how much damage it takes etc, just give the following option:

Render bolt-ons: [All / Allied Team Only / Enemy Team Only / None]

Clearly lots of people have lots of opinions and nothing is going to make everyone happy. Some people want them all to fall off. Some people don't. Whatever, just leave it the way it is now and give the render option.

#34 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:34 AM

View PostGold13, on 22 February 2021 - 09:45 PM, said:

I would much rather see dev resources go into other more consequential areas. Rather than getting sucked into a rabbit hole of which bolt ons need to fall off and which don't, and how much damage it takes etc, just give the following option:

Render bolt-ons: [All / Allied Team Only / Enemy Team Only / None]

Clearly lots of people have lots of opinions and nothing is going to make everyone happy. Some people want them all to fall off. Some people don't. Whatever, just leave it the way it is now and give the render option.

Sounds like they're exploring that, but it could be months from now when they have staff to do that. They're looking for immediate changes they can just check a box for now.

#35 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:43 PM

View PostJungle Plague, on 19 February 2021 - 06:42 AM, said:

I mean... maybe this is a significant thing... but it feels to me like this is a pretty inconsequential thing that might not be the best use of resources?
yeah does seem like a waste of time when maps could be fixed or other things. i personally shoot bolt ons off my allies for fun I just see it like decals a big SHOOT ME target.

Maybe limit them to solaris only? because in quickplay they serve no purpose...

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 February 2021 - 04:09 AM.

#36 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:28 AM

View PostBlaizerP, on 22 February 2021 - 07:35 PM, said:

I would just like to note flags should never fall off, as there is no historical record of a Sashimono ever being shot off in feudal Japan.
This isn't feudal japan and also nobody follows clan honor rules anyway.

#37 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:20 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 24 February 2021 - 05:28 AM, said:

This isn't feudal japan and also nobody follows clan honor rules anyway.

Shame! Shame! Bring back zellbringen immediately! Write a code what punish stravags refuse zellbringen! Shame...

Why can't we sell bolt-ons or cockpit items? Not have much but I would never use half of them and sell them for a few C-bills could not hurt.
I thought much about bolt-ons and they may have same effect on the mech it equipped. Some affects armour, like a car on a KGC's back while some may rip-off some amount of armour as it falls by shot as they were fixed somehow for the armoured surface, right?

#38 Gold13

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:31 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 23 February 2021 - 05:34 AM, said:

Sounds like they're exploring that, but it could be months from now when they have staff to do that. They're looking for immediate changes they can just check a box for now.

I mean yeah, just saying that if they're already planning on adding the render bolt-ons option, then it seems like a waste of time and resources to also make a bunch of tweaks to specific bolt ons in terms of when they fall off.

Just in terms of priorities, stuff that majorly impacts the game, this seems pretty low compared to other stuff on the roadmap. The main complaint with bolt ons was that they fell off immediately so people didn't feel they were worth using. Now they don't fall off, so that's addressed. Once people who don't like them have the ability to disable render, seems like it's time to move on to other things.

#39 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:30 PM

View PostGold13, on 24 February 2021 - 09:31 AM, said:

I mean yeah, just saying that if they're already planning on adding the render bolt-ons option, then it seems like a waste of time and resources to also make a bunch of tweaks to specific bolt ons in terms of when they fall off.

Just in terms of priorities, stuff that majorly impacts the game, this seems pretty low compared to other stuff on the roadmap. The main complaint with bolt ons was that they fell off immediately so people didn't feel they were worth using. Now they don't fall off, so that's addressed. Once people who don't like them have the ability to disable render, seems like it's time to move on to other things.
yeah i mean you get c-bills for duplicate Decals out of caches so why can't we sell unwanted cockpit items for c-bills or heck even get like 50% of the mc back or something i know i have a few things I'll never used as cockpit items.

#40 Panther9x

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:56 PM

I would like to know what percentage of players even use bolt-ons. I almost never see bolt-ons in my matches. But if you need my vote, then I say make them invisible to the other team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users