• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 February 2021 - 05:58 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 19 February 2021 - 05:49 AM, said:

You know you're missing 2 AC2s on that build right?
Posted Image

It's ammo efficiency don't you know, gunna need an extra 10 tons of ammo for all the farming needed.

Tryhard.

#82 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:06 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 19 February 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

It's ammo efficiency don't you know, gunna need an extra 10 tons of ammo for all the farming needed.

Tryhard.

This was 12.5t for 8xAC2s and I added 0.5t more after this game so tell me more about how much is enough mr expert.
Posted Image

#83 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:09 AM

I'd love to see my boomjagers AC/20s fixed to the point to where sometimes when firing my left arm AC/20 the shell goes flying off to the far right and the right arm AC/20 shell goes flying off to the far left. Its like my pilot is so crosseyed its comical. At the same time its furiating that I'm totally lined up on my target and this happens and no hit.

#84 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:10 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 19 February 2021 - 06:06 AM, said:

This was 12.5t for 8xAC2s and I added 0.5t more after this game so tell me more about how much is enough mr expert.
Posted Image

then I guess the man needs to flip out his wallet and bleed it for cash, for double the AC/2s of his rifleman, with just as much ammo.

p2w confirmed.

#85 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:47 AM

View Post1911freak, on 18 February 2021 - 06:56 PM, said:

Just F’ing nerf light mechs and see where it goes. Literally weapons don’t matter when I light takes as much damage as a heavy and can physically trap an assault like a GD dropship.

You should play more lights before making nonsense calls like you did to see how tanky they are... 0% played in Jarl's since (Nov '16)

#86 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:48 AM

Gulag spec looks like a very different and much improved game. I say go with that and make refinements in future passes.

#87 Jungle Plague

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 38 posts
  • LocationKennesaw, GA

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:48 AM

I would like to see more ammunition per ton for most weapons... it is not like any single REALLY has a knockout punch to warrant the super low ammo values similar to what tabletop has...

But other than that, I would just like to see some of the HSL removed or changed on stuff... maybe HSL quirks attached to omnipods instead of set-of-eights.

#88 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:21 AM

Well, I only want you to do something with gauss. Its hard to use it in comparison with ac, ultra ac, lbx
Give it usual firing process. Or give it tremendous range. Now its hard to use it in close, if you are not stealth, you ll die fast. And it needs CASE...

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 19 February 2021 - 07:21 AM.

#89 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:39 AM

IS Weapons I think could be changed and probably Buffed:

Rocket Launchers, the heavier ones should do more damage.

Light PPC, decrease heat and cooldown

Snub Nose PPC, buff range and reduce heat

Clan Weapons I think that could be changed and probably buffed:

C-Gauss Rifle, Increase Optimum Range and a slight damage increase as well as more shots per ton of ammo.

#90 kawaiiChiimera

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTier 413

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:41 AM

Reading some of these replies makes me hurt somewhere deep inside. Its like half the players here are playing a different game ahaha.
I fully support balancing based on high level play though. Navid and co know what they're talking about, in any case.

#91 KW Driver

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:02 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 19 February 2021 - 05:13 AM, said:

Well, I personally know a lot of players who do NOT play 20 hours a week and still got to the top 10% of the game easily withing less than a year.

And now, HOW did they do it? Well, instead of constantly scolding the "toxxic" comp players, they simply went ahead and asked the people who were good at it how they could learn...

P.S.: I'm probably by far on the younger side of the population as well, the part that isn't actually gonna quit in the next few years, yet still it's people with an attitude like you who drive me away from this game.
P.P.S.: I have nothing against casual play, yet sadly we do no longer have the population to support good matchmaking.

oh, the "toxic" comp players are not toxic when they tell the devs to ignore a group of people? how is that not toxic? How is it not toxic to say who cares about what the other 90% of players experience is? in a nutshell, who appointed you King of the realm, to say what opinions are allowed to be heard?

And again, how much money are you spending to keep this game afloat? player skill level has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the financial success of the game.. but driving off new players with your elitist attitude DOES.. How many times until you get the picture? when the money stops flowing, then the game gets shut down and will never return. And when you already own all the content and stop spending money, then it falls to the new players to keep the game going, and when you tell them to kiss off because they're stupid and their opinions are worthless and should be ignored, where do you think the game is going to be then?

Edited by KW Driver, 19 February 2021 - 08:08 AM.

#92 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:22 AM

View PostD U N E, on 18 February 2021 - 08:21 PM, said:

. . . I just want to say for consideration, please only take valid advice from people that actually know the meta to a good effect. I have seen so many "solutions" in other areas that are completely misguided and unaware of the entire games scope. It's great you want to take community advice, just please make sure you are listening to the correct people that actually know how to play the game. They are more likely to see what can be OP/completely crap - which will help with fun balancing.

This is why i don't throw into posts like this as my game stats imo does not do well enough to voice an opinion. I must say though i hope they do something about Lrms en mass.. The weapons are fine the way they are being abused in large numbers isn't.

Thats my 2c..

Some nice ideas here though keep it up people.

Edit
Something i forgot and well bothers me is please look into the Clan ACs over clan UACs and lesser so IS at this time there really is no reason for them as they are almost identical..

Edited by Samial, 19 February 2021 - 06:05 PM.

#93 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,781 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:37 AM

View PostMyriadDigits, on 19 February 2021 - 12:02 AM, said:

Spoken like somebody who hasn't even glanced at the proposals from said players.

Totally asking to nerf UAC5, UAC10, and ATMs to protect that effective meta. Definitely asking for buffs to LPPC, LGR, RAC5, LAMS, LB2, LB5, all the cACs because those are definitely the pinnacle of the meta.

you did see the yes part? no? ive thumbed through so many of those. i even like his post after perusing the data. im just saying they shouldn't be the only ones you are listening to. because that worked really well when they tried to fix faction play.

throw some play for fun types, because they will run the weapons no-one will touch just to see if they can make them work. so they have a better understanding of how to make those things the meta players wont even touch work. that rac5 is great dps, but you face off against a vomit boat and you are cored before it even gets through the spinup. i know because ive been on both sides of that trade. the rac2 is actually better despite how terrible it looks in the stats as you can buffer the range to out trade some midrange skirmishers.

i do not recall asking for nerfs the uac5/10 or atms. these weapons have clear tradeoffs that make them strong in some situations and weak in others. things like the lppc are nothing more than a ppc i use on lights. and the lgr? you cant tell me that peashooter is meta, if anyone uses it, its to hide at the edge of the map and snipe the whole round. the lb2 is fine, especially the is version, with that 3x max range. the ac5/cac5 have all fallen short with reguards to the other autocannons. the rest of the cacs are weapons i use a lot, and enjoy, and the last thing i want is their burst fire taken away. as for both lb5s, the is version has potential if the spread can be reduced and it can actually use the 3x range the 2 enjoys.

#94 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:38 AM

View PostKW Driver, on 19 February 2021 - 08:02 AM, said:

oh, the "toxic" comp players are not toxic when they tell the devs to ignore a group of people? how is that not toxic? How is it not toxic to say who cares about what the other 90% of players experience is? in a nutshell, who appointed you King of the realm, to say what opinions are allowed to be heard?

And again, how much money are you spending to keep this game afloat? player skill level has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the financial success of the game.. but driving off new players with your elitist attitude DOES.. How many times until you get the picture? when the money stops flowing, then the game gets shut down and will never return. And when you already own all the content and stop spending money, then it falls to the new players to keep the game going, and when you tell them to kiss off because they're stupid and their opinions are worthless and should be ignored, where do you think the game is going to be then?

I don't know about everybody posting here, but the Gulag did consider new player experience. Actually iirc new player experience like cadet bonuses, trial mechs, starter packs, tutorials, leveling up mechs were the first things talked about.

#95 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,781 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:49 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 19 February 2021 - 04:43 AM, said:

I agree, RACs and AC2s should only be blinding with firing near the head.

yea thats a minor effect tweak. make their explosion bitmaps more transparent and reduce them in size about 50%. you could probably put a member of the art team on that problem.

also protip when facing them, if you walk towards them, then the blinding effect wont be as bad. you can also shoot them.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 February 2021 - 08:51 AM.

#96 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,781 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:53 AM

View PostMookieDog, on 19 February 2021 - 05:33 AM, said:

No, just no.

The issue I have with weapon balance isn't with the weapons, its with the players. I spawn in a match, first thing I do: Override.

Heat becomes a non issue. Ghost heat so what. Long as I don't go full Direstar, I can load up either my Black Knight or my Timberwolf with laser vomit and alpha with two cool shots until I am out of targets or my mech blows up.

Can something be done to either mitigate the auto override or make the mechs or weapons less effective when a mech is maxed out at 100% and pushing 100-200+% heat?

these weapons would be terrible without the 3x damage bracket. they are too heavy and eat ammo too fast. also the number of people i killed where if they would have just walked towards me for half a second, they would be able to kill me with impunity.

#97 Agyar30

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:53 AM

Remove IS PPC minimum range and modify ghost heat limit to 3. Remove ghost heat completely from is light ppc. PPCs should be the first weapon systems to get a fecelift. Current numbers are from the stoneage. Most iconic weapons in the entire btech universe make them shine again! What i suggest is not even extreme just make them somewhat viable.

#98 Sample Text

Rookie

• CS 2020 Participant
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:11 AM

Clan Streak SRMs - Shorten cooldown
All Gauss - No charge up
Light Gauss - more projectile speed
ATMs - no minimum range

AMS - Benefits from ammo skill nodes

#99 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:13 AM

View Post1911freak, on 18 February 2021 - 06:56 PM, said:

Just F’ing nerf light mechs and see where it goes. Literally weapons don’t matter when I light takes as much damage as a heavy and can physically trap an assault like a GD dropship.

Just shoot them and they will die. Lights are frequently one-shot by bigger mechs, or even other lights.

#100 Kurt the Merc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:15 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 February 2021 - 08:01 PM, said:

By the way, I am inclined to support my comrades who call for a more sober approach to Gauss rifles.
They have very little health. Their crit chance is more than high (especially the Clan GR and IS HGR), they die very quickly if there is no armor. But tell me WHY do they explode? What's the logic? The GR has already received its crit, it is not dangerous longer. The most powerful weapon has ALREADY been disabled, WHY need explode it, tearing off half of the mech along with the remnants of weaker weapons?

I agree, perhaps instead of a damaging explosion. An electronic one along the lines of an emp, disabling systems ecm, mask, ect...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users