Stryker Booster Pack

220 replies to this topic

#21 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:07 PM

To be honest, I would have went with a Grand Dragon-7K. It has way more weapon hardpoints than the 1G and can run at 129.kph with its MASC system. The 1G is mediocre given its lackluster hardpoints, I don't see the point in bringing it in as it adds nothing special. Well, here's hoping that the 7K will arrive as a new variant at some point this year.

As for the Thunderbolt 10SE, it looks like a good mech to run in. The ECM/MASC combo looks like a deal to boot. I like this variant of the T-Bolt. I just realized something, 10-S-E sounds like you're saying "Tennessee" altogether Posted Image .

Edited by Will9761, 20 February 2021 - 12:41 AM.

#22 BRUTPAUL

Rookie

• Commander
  • Commander
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:10 PM

Ordered! Cool to have new toys!

#23 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:24 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 19 February 2021 - 07:52 PM, said:

The Dragon (although being a top request by people who have left the game long ago), looks to be very mediocre... it needed hardpoint inflation on the right arm and left arm or torsos... Or it needs some hefty quirks to bring it up to par with the current state of the game.

The thunderbolt brings a unique variant to the chassis.... but again... with no info on its quirks, just on the surface, it is just going to be a niche mech.

I agree on the dragon, but not the Thunderbolt. Personally, the 5D would have been a much more unique variant to bring to the table with a bit of hardpoint inflation. ECM and MASC are nice, but when it brings the same or lesser weapons loadout to the field, it's not quite as unique as it could be and doesn't stand out as much, nor may it perform quite as well as the other variants, quirks aside.

#24 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:30 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes to the GSP. I don't even care about the Mechs, I'm going to buy this to show you how much you should have been including GSP in all your packs.

Now for constructive criticism. Just 400 GSP with the pre-order only covers the 4 Mechs included in the pack. If you really want to dig yourself out of the hole you're in with all the 8 plus variant, no GSP Mech packs of yore, you should probably double the pre-order bonus to 400 GSP (200 base + 400 pre-order = 600 total) so we can level all the Mechs in the bundle plus two more. Really reward those of us supporting you sight unseen on these "how good will the quirks be" gamble Mechs.

And on the subject of the actual Mechs, I think I agree there should be some minor hard point inflation in the Dragon right arm. The only Dragon that's still viable is the one with 3 ballistic in the arm.

#25 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:30 PM

Unless they over-quirk these mechs compared to other variants of the same chassis, both will be under-performers. The Thunderbolt is the better of the two, but JJ, ECM, and MASC won't offset the meager 5E points on opposite sides of the mech. It might be fun to NASCAR with I guess.. the "Grand Dragon" would have been OK with 6E, maybe good with 8E, but not with 4E.

Clan have great ECM mechs in the form of the Hellbringer and Blood Asp, I don't know why PGI still shies away from giving IS ECM mechs with decent hardpoints. Instead we get the ECM warhammer, cataphract, cyclops, and now this lol.

Edited by Nightbird, 19 February 2021 - 09:37 PM.

#26 Ravage26

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:50 PM

This is the smartest sale I've seen here in a hot second. Keep this up for sure!

#27 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,409 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:00 PM

This :
TDR-10SE

1. This is only the second mech chasis in MWO with all three JJ/ECM/MASC, and this one is a Heavy.
(The other one is Shadowcat which is a Clan Medium omnimech).

2. At US$20 this is a very enticing package, with two (2) Hanging Items with a 5% C-Bills boost with pre-order.
For those who are short on C-Bills this item is worth it !!
And you can equip this +5% C-Bills hanging item on other mechs as needed !
(I wants it !!)

3. Now, if only they will make a +5% C-Bills Warhorn, I will jump at it !!

View PostHeavy Money, on 19 February 2021 - 07:02 PM, said:

Very excited about the Thunderbolt. JJ, ECM, and MASC sounds fun.

The effectiveness of both is going to come down to their quirks. Both these chassis's other variants are all heavily quirked.

It would be great if PGI would preview their quirks for feedback while we wait for the release.

Edited by w0qj, 20 February 2021 - 07:45 AM.

#28 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:16 PM

Should the early adopter offer end on March 18th (rather than May 18th as advertised) considering that the pack ships on April 20th?

If not, no need to preorder as we'll know what the quirks are before deciding to purchase and also benefit from the early adopter package!

Possibly a rather major error for your QA team or proof reader.

Z.

#29 Thornhold

• PipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:16 PM

Noice!
ECM Thuderbolt incoming! finally!!!
& that DRG-1G gonna be good with 4x LL probably.

Thnx for developing it PGI!

#30 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:19 PM

View PostZephrym, on 19 February 2021 - 10:16 PM, said:

Should the early adopter offer end on March 18th (rather than May 18th as advertised) considering that the pack ships on April 20th?

If not, no need to preorder as we'll know what the quirks are before deciding to purchase and also benefit from the early adopter package!

Possibly a rather major error for your QA team or proof reader.

Z.

As intended. You will have a month to see for yourself.

#31 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:21 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 19 February 2021 - 10:19 PM, said:

As intended. You will have a month to see for yourself.

Fair enough, very decent of you good sir!

#32 Dunner Wright

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:28 PM

"AHHHHHHhgg!(and other NSFW noises) GRAND DRAGON OH YESSSSSS!"

Edited by Dunner Wright, 19 February 2021 - 10:28 PM.

#33 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,623 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:40 PM

View PostMisterSomaru, on 19 February 2021 - 09:24 PM, said:

I agree on the dragon, but not the Thunderbolt. Personally, the 5D would have been a much more unique variant to bring to the table with a bit of hardpoint inflation. ECM and MASC are nice, but when it brings the same or lesser weapons loadout to the field, it's not quite as unique as it could be and doesn't stand out as much, nor may it perform quite as well as the other variants, quirks aside.

Agreed. I would've loved the 9M, or the 9NAIS. Both have Ballistic in the right arm. The 9M has a Gauss Rifle; the 9NAIS a RAC/5. Or better still, the 7SE, Gauss, ECM, and MPL.

The price isn't all that bad.

Edited by Hawk819, 19 February 2021 - 10:41 PM.

#34 Zulu211

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:43 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 19 February 2021 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yes! need the -7K!

I face palmed when I saw the variant. Then I realized. people popped off with "Grand Dragon" and didn't specify. They got what they asked for.

#35 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:40 AM

View PostTercieI, on 19 February 2021 - 06:34 PM, said:

Huh. People wanted the Grand Dragon why?

The Dragon (although being a top request by people who have left the game long ago), looks to be very mediocre...

People wanted faction specific Mech variants as reward in faction play (instead of the non faction stuff like Hamster Huey cockpit items), and the Grand Dragon was named as one such variant.

The people that don't left the game don't care about stuff like factions, they want only a simple Call of Duty shooter with Mechs and only spend real money if the new mech is OP.

it needed hardpoint inflation on the right arm and left arm or torsos... Or it needs some hefty quirks to bring it up to par with the current state of the game.

The thunderbolt brings a unique variant to the chassis.... but again... with no info on its quirks, just on the surface, it is just going to be a niche mech.

Yeah, a bad Mech for "Call of Duty: Mechwarrior". If they want money they should make it more OP.

#36 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:42 AM

The 10SE is the Thunderbolt I never knew I wanted; the Grand Dragon? Really hope it gets some beastly offensive quirks, maybe a Standard PPC HSL quirk to give it something to stand out with...

#37 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,409 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:09 AM

Yes, the 60ton Dragon DRG-1G(S) needs 1 more energy hard point (propose: 5x energy + 1x missile hard points).

Even the lowly 40ton Jenner JR7-D has very similar layout as currently proposed, at 4x energy + 2x missile hard points (also in its torso)!!!

- - - - - - - - - -
I personally consider center torso as just *one* missile hard point for DRG-1G(S), because in practice one would just equip the biggest missile launcher possible into torso for best weight savings.

And all other Dragon variants have ballistic hard points, which gives *much* better DPS.

Therefore propose that DRG-1G(S) which has *zero* ballistic hard point:
propose: 5x energy + 1x missile torso hard point.

Edited by w0qj, 20 February 2021 - 01:11 AM.

#38 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:14 AM

Dragon needs another hardpoint in the right arm.

Edited by Spheroid, 20 February 2021 - 01:19 AM.

#39 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:45 AM

A new thunderbolt? Sure I will buy. Been a while. Thank you for listening.

Now poke me when, my new hunchback drops.

#40 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:49 AM

I don't want to be the crybaby but release is in two months? It's just new variants. O.o

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users