Stryker Booster Pack

220 replies to this topic

#41 Agyar30

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:59 AM

400 gsp is nice, thunderbolt is interesting. Overall decent deal.

My only question is what the hell is that dragon? 4 energy hardpoints and the joke torso missiles. :o This is worse than any other variant which is kind of a great feat since the dragons are pretty outdated anyways. Please reconsider the hardpoints! I love the dragon because of its lore, but it is so difficult to make it perform currently. Especially compared to a decent chassis. Yes you can quirk the hell out of it, but that means it is still a one trick pony. Boring. (and that is the best case scenario i bet it will come with mediocore quirks too, will see)

#42 Nomad One

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:03 AM

View PostTercieI, on 19 February 2021 - 06:34 PM, said:

Huh. People wanted the Grand Dragon why?

Because most people who suggested adding the grand dragon also suggested inflating the number of energy hardpoints to 6 overall, so that you could have a primarily energy based dragon. Instead for whatever reason the extremely slot limited center torso missile hardpoint count got inflated to 2.

Instead we got a heap of nonsense that's once again completely reliant on quirks the customers won't see until release, so they can't make an educated purchase.

#43 Nukebirb

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Osea

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:03 AM

Wake me up when we get a new Urbanmech variant to shitpost in - UM-R90 "Suburbanmech" or UM-IIC PLS

#44 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:40 AM

The Tbolt is nice but why the stock Grand Dragon? It adds nothing new.

#45 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:11 AM

That's overpriced. You should add a 10$ pack with only the basic variants and Mechbays.
Remember, 20$ bought you three variants of a completely new Mech, and the Mechbays to use them.

The Mechs itself are ok...ish, but they will rely on quirks. The DRG-1G is an odd choice, even among the Grand Dragons. As stated, the DRG-7K would have made more sense, especially with HP inflation. But then, this was always the problem with the Grand Dragon: it needs that inflation to work.
And you should know that PGI applies HP inflation basically at random.

View PostAlreech, on 20 February 2021 - 12:40 AM, said:

People wanted faction specific Mech variants as reward in faction play (instead of the non faction stuff like Hamster Huey cockpit items), and the Grand Dragon was named as one such variant.

The people that don't left the game don't care about stuff like factions, they want only a simple Call of Duty shooter with Mechs and only spend real money if the new mech is OP.

Even years ago in Faction Play you could stuff like temporary Liao players driving Fafnirs in Kurita colours. FP was the single worst offender to any immersion since the vast majority of FP players did not care about the lore of their temporary faction, much less about faction specific Mechs.

#46 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:09 AM

I realy like the new bold-ons. Please make more like those for other mechs too. Maybe also some that are less military looking but more like hasty slapped on armor plates. Something going in the direction of the Corsair with its shovel at the front.

Basicly like createing two sets of style for your mechs. One makeing your mech look like it has some military grade upgrades / costumisations and the other makeing it look more like its a periphery or pirate style mech.

Would it be possible to make "bold-ons" that actualy take away a bit of geometrie? Like makeing it look like, for example, the arm is damaged and you can see myomer fibres through the holes. Or maybe when you have a mech with shoulder protectors like the Griffin or Hatamoto that parts of them are blown off.

I don't know if you guys play World of Warships but there is a nice example of this with the Bismark. It has a special skin that is covered with holes and burnmarks.

Oh speaking of burnmarks. That could also be a cool addition for Decals, burns, scratches, holes...also I think we have holes but the other two are also a good idea.

#47 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:30 AM

I've checked the Sarna website for the Grand Dragon. Hm, it's basically a regular Dragon with a new name. Same tonnage, same combat role, nothing a regular Dragon couldn't do as well.
The new Thunderbolt variant is very interesting, though. With the right quirks, it'll be a good addition to the game.

#48 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 20 February 2021 - 06:07 AM

Pricing looks decent. Need quirks ASAP. And more hard points, in case of these mechs energy hard points probably.
And the choice of the base Grand Dragon is an odd one, when there is the DRG-7K with endo, big XL and MASC. You could at least add the ability to have MASC on this and increase the max engine to 360.

#49 Viersche

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 February 2021 - 06:24 AM

Are the specs/loadout options for these 2 new variants posted anywhere in the site?

#50 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 February 2021 - 06:34 AM

Clicky:
http://mwomercs.com/stryker

You need to click "View Mech Specs" at the bottom.
Enjoy ;)

View PostViersche, on 20 February 2021 - 06:24 AM, said:

Are the specs/loadout options for these 2 new variants posted anywhere in the site?

#51 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 06:57 AM

Definitely a good deal. Will consider buying.

#52 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:00 AM

thanks for the booster pak; TDR is a great one to add ($20 for 2 bolts is a good deal), not familiar with the dragon so much. New mech will take patterns already purchased for thunderbolt?

#53 Viersche

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:26 AM

View Postw0qj, on 20 February 2021 - 06:34 AM, said:

Clicky:
http://mwomercs.com/stryker

You need to click "View Mech Specs" at the bottom.
Enjoy Posted Image

Thanks, i didn't see that mech specs button lol

#54 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:45 AM

the TDR bolt on should ingrease the armor. i think +20 points 😉.

the TDR bolt on should ingrease the armor. i think +20 points 😉.

#55 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:27 AM

View Posttingod, on 20 February 2021 - 07:45 AM, said:

the TDR bolt on should ingrease the armor. i think +20 points ������.

the TDR bolt on should ingrease the armor. i think +20 points ������.

Lolno. Bolt-ons offering real advantages would be P2W as hell.

If you want to be able to add +20 armor to your mechs, ask for PGI to advance the timeline and add Modular Armor instead. Or just ask for them to give the Thunderbolt some actually good quirks.

Edited by FupDup, 20 February 2021 - 08:29 AM.

#56 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:27 AM

Very glad to see new mech variants. So, we are getting 4 mechs in this deal, 2 special, and 2 regular? Love that! It will allow me to run 1 stock, and one modified. Very nice! I have been doing that on most models I like, and it has been a little pricey. Thanks PGI, good 1st offering, can't wait to see what comes next. Stamp mine paid, going to the preorder page now!! Hope these will count towards the year end loyalty!!

#57 Kobzarrr

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:44 AM

Posted Image facepalm , just one question - 20 $ for WHAT ?

#58 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:47 AM

Funny, after purchasing my pre-order. I went and looked at the 4 Dragon variants I am running, 2 Hero, 2 standard, and even the ones that can carry missiles, I don't have equipped that way. I will have to make sure I run missiles on both of the variants I will be receiving.Posted Image (513 mechs owned currently, and 4 more on the way) Whoo Hoo!!!

Edited by Lance McRaven, 20 February 2021 - 08:49 AM.

#59 LastActionHobbit

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK.

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

I'll pick these up because I'm an optimist and would like to support new development work of MWO, of which I'm thankful for and *hope* to see some positives!

I am going to chime in and say that at time of writing the Grand Dragon is entirely underwhelming though and I'd like to see something a bit different; relying on heavy quirks doesn't always make up for other things a mech lacks. We've plenty of non-canonical PGI designed mech's be they complete chassis or hero variants etc...PLEASE make the Grand Dragon something apocryphal (but based on it's role and niche within MWO gameplay) as opposed to a stock model which feels designed to appease 'collect em all' Battletech fanboys/girls. I really think the people who are most likely to support MWO development are invested in it's gameplay as opposed to Battletech lore.

2 cents deposited!

#60 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:08 AM

From another thread:

I'm gonna try to predict the quirks of these gundams. The Dragon will be easier since it won't have ECM or MASC to subtract from its power budget.

All Dragon variants have identical armor and structure quirks, so the Grand Dragon should be no different:
CT: +16 armor, +10 structure
LA: +10 armor
LT: +16 armor
RA: +20 armor, +10 structure
RT: +16 armor
LL: +14 structure
RL: +14 structure

The weapon quirks are a bit less straightforward, so let's list all of the current variants to establish a baseline.

DRG-1C: Ballistic cooldown -15%, Energy cooldown -10%, Missile cooldown -15%

DRG-1N: AC/5 cooldown -10%, Ballistic cooldown -15%, Energy cooldown -10%, Energy range +10%, Missile cooldown -15%

DRG-5N: Ballistic cooldown -10%, Ballistic range +15%, Ballistic velocity +15%, Energy cooldown -15%, Laser duration -15%, UAC Jam chance -40%, UAC/5 cooldown -15%

DRG-FANG: AC/10 cooldown -10%, Ballistic cooldown -10%, Ballistic velocity +10%, Energy cooldown -15%, Energy heat -15%, Laser duration -10%

DRG-FLAME: Ballistic cooldown -10%, Ballistic velocity +10%, Energy heat -10%

Okay, so the first observation to make here is that the Flame and 1C have the lowest overall quirks. They will be the baseline for my most pessimistic estimate. The other variants have much better quirks, with the 5N having the most. They will be the baseline for the most optimistic estimate.

Pessimistic Estimate:
Same durability as other variants, -10% Energy heat, -15% Energy cooldown, +20% PPC velocity (all types), -15% Missile cooldown

Optimistic Estimate:
Same durability as other variants, -15% Energy heat, -15% Energy cooldown, -15% Laser duration, +20% PPC velocity (all types), -15% Missile cooldown, +10% Energy range

What I actually want:
This is a mech that would, for once, actually benefit from a big energy cooldown quirk because of having so few energy hardpoints on a 60-ton mech. Crank it up to 20% or 25%. Perhaps change energy heat reduction to 20%. Otherwise the other stats from the Optimistic Estimate would be okay. Not great, but playable. I still want more energy hardpoints.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users