Patch Notes - 1.4.239.0 - 16-March-2021

801 replies to this topic

#21 Principal Pancakes

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:23 AM

I didn't realize changing the meta meant killing ppcs and gauss rifles.... you guys are gonna make alot of your players very mad... but lemme guess you think that a free mech a month will keep them playing right? I appreciate that your doing something at all to MWO but... you guys say your working with the community on these weapon balance changes... is that a lie? Or do you like punishing people who use the more difficult to use weapon systems....like why would make ppcs hotter? Really makes no sense

#22 ManicWK9

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

All PPC Changes. Pls, dont do that. It makes many good Builds useless.
Light Gauss with that high Cooldown has also no worth.

#23 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:27 AM

congrats on screwing up worse. I didn't think you still could, but you proved me wrong yet again.

#24 FullAlchemy

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:27 AM

Not really happen about these changes. LGR, LPPC, SPPC needed buffs to justify their tonnage. Press "F" for respect.

#25 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:29 AM

OK so lemme get this straight..

You gonna give most of direct fire weapons an across-the-board damage buff, essentially not only sanctioning, but actually buffing the worst gameplay style in the game right now - Sniping from spawn?

What are you guys doing? I though you wanted to make MWO a better game.. Now you're turning it into a twitch-shooter-like snipe-off game..

These changes will force players to mount one-shot-kill loadouts, will drop "time to kill" radically, and will make AC2/RAC2/UAC2 spam even more annoying.

I mean come on... you're direct-buffing the most damaging, deadly weapons in the game, and their lesser versions (who nobody ever uses anyway) will still go unused.

Who do you think will benefit from an even more OP Heavy Gauss or Heavy PPC? Lemme tell you - not your average player.

This is directly opposite of what this game needs.. And honestly, it feels to me like balancing just for the sake of balancing.. not because the weapons you are giving a buff to are bad, struggling, or need work..

My honest and friendly advice to the devs is to PUT THE BALANCING ASIDE - the balance is fine for the most part.. the core gameplay will not dramatically change if you don't balance for a long while..

Focus on giving the players more "meat of the game" - and that means stuff to do (fun, lore-rich events), and places to go to (NEW maps, not refurbished old ones).

New original mechs would also be nice, but please, for the love of all who love this game - focus on map making..

Balancing for the sake of balancing is just not a good way to go.

#26 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:32 AM

So many knee jerk reactions guys. On one hand you have people freaking out over PPC nerfs, and on the other you have people freaking out over our new PPFLD overlords.

Also, LGauss has higher cooldown (personally think it should be a little lower) but the damage buff is pretty significant.

#27 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:33 AM

I have only one feedback to all those balance changes:
Posted Image

#28 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:35 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 March 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

Who do you think will benefit from an even more OP Heavy Gauss or Heavy PPC?

LOL heavy PPC is OP? Where?

How did Heavy Gauss change significantly? Because it has a little extra health? lol

#29 HenryFA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts
  • LocationHunting down LRM assaults

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:37 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2021 - 11:35 AM, said:

LOL heavy PPC is OP? Where?

How did Heavy Gauss change significantly? Because it has a little extra health? lol

He is a LURMer, anything that can scratch his mech is OP

#30 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:41 AM

First it was adding Gauss and Ppc to the ghost heat counter, now it's this? I mean, let's not beat around the bush. More damage sure, better first strike damage, sure. That's nice. I wouldn't even mind the cooldown much if it wasn't paired with the huge heat generation hike for all the weapons. It's unreasonable. The weapons systems overall will perform much worse now.

I get it right, like I know DPS spent a long time not being the most viable way to play, but you can't keep punching down at ranged play like this.

Maybe you can make an argument for Gauss coming out with a net positive in terms of changes due to gauss not worrying about heat as much, but, even then, Gauss is often paired with energy weapons to take advantage of the low heat. Unless you only bring Gauss and nothing else.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the only Gauss system that came out looking better was the one used mostly in brawling.
Pretty disappointed with how much preference brawling is being given here, considering it's already incredibly dominant. The only weapon systems that were given net positive changes were all brawling weapons. Bleh.

Edited by ColourfulConfetti, 15 March 2021 - 11:48 AM.

#31 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:41 AM

I was really really hopeful PGI were going to do the right thing, and now I have lost all confidence - before you go ahead with this can you please understand what this means. Nascar is a prevalent part of your games meta, this severely weakens PPC/Gauss, and pushes for short-range damage dumps to once again be the only relevant way to play modern MWO.

Can you please give reason with the community for these decision, and perhaps listen to some of the advice on balance from the people that I am going to argue know your game balance better than yourselves? The Gulag is made up from players in top tier competitive, which nowadays, also means they play QP really well.

C-ERPPC Balance?
The weapon worked 'fine', now if everything is going to get buffed, it would need buffed as well, but this change reduces the weapons effectiveness. Increased damage and heat... Ok? Increased cooldown - ahh yes, from 3 dps, to 2.5 dps - in a meta that currently pushes for quick pushes and senseless rotation? DPS is vital, and is the reason why some mechs like the summoner have fallen out of failure - they need MORE DPS not less?!

IS-PPC Balance
I don't even need to do the math to point out they have taken a harder hit than C-ERPPC. What the - why? A massive issue was that while clan where between good and ehh with current balance - IS need giga quirks to be relevant, and you have just forced that on us.

Gauss Balance
Why not nerf heavy gauss too? And while you are at it, nerf SPL because I heard they were overperforming in their irrelevancy.

Oh yea, forgot - thanks for nerfing 90% of the Masc mechs.
BKL - Needs masc to operate and dodge - I hope you plan to give it a massive agility boost to make up for the fact you removed its agility - and upon release, nerfed agility to make up for the fact it has masc.
Executioner - Needs masc to peak - same with this, it needs a increased agility boost now to make up for the fact it lost a vital piece of agility.
FLE - NEEDS masc - without it, the mech is literally useless - the agility is all it has to make it relevant - now it needs to get lost agility to make up for the fact you nerfed its agility in assumption it has masc.

Edited by D U N E, 15 March 2021 - 12:07 PM.

#32 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:43 AM

View PostHenryFA, on 15 March 2021 - 11:37 AM, said:

He is a LURMer, anything that can scratch his mech is OP

But seriously how on earth can PGI take feedback seriously when some people are complaining about PPCs being OP now and others complaining about how the DPS nerf makes them useless? It's the same situation on reddit.

But @Daeron and @Matt:

Can I PLEASE get some clarification on the Autocannon velocities? Do they apply to Ultras as well?

#33 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:46 AM

Dear PGI,

I just came back a week ago after a 3,5 years hiatus. I still really love this game and when I learned that future development will take a more community-driven approach (gulag), I was excited about the next patch. I even thought about spending money on a 'Mech-Pack.

Needless to say, after reading the today's patch-notes, my wallet stays closed! Posted Image

Best regards,

Cpt Zaepp

Edited by Cpt Zaepp, 15 March 2021 - 03:37 PM.

#34 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:47 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 March 2021 - 10:41 AM, said:

Weapon balance

You reference that the balance changes came from community feedback. Can you please point out what forum threads brought you to these changes? I mean, this is for the community? right?!?!

Edit: removed derogatory remarks

Edited by Deathshade, 15 March 2021 - 11:49 AM.

#35 Bennesto

• PipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:49 AM

Making overall PPC DPS lower...
Adding even more heat to the Snub?

I am at a loss.

#36 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:51 AM

WTF are you doing to PPCs? Those cool down numbers are absurd. And you made snubs even hotter? They were bad before. May as well take them out of the game now.

I think this patch might just represent the most fun killing set of nerfs that you guys have done over the years, and that's saying something given your history.

Oh, and please do share with us just where you guys got these horrid ideas from? I don't recall the vast majority of these changes being proposed in the official forum thread, nor anywhere on reddit, nor discord. So just who are you claiming to listen to for this crap.

Edited by Bud Crue, 15 March 2021 - 11:52 AM.

#37 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:52 AM

I don't love the weapon changes. It feels like the intent is to increase alpha at the cost of DPS despite lowering alpha and increasing DPS being something that would be more forgiving to newer players. A number of the systems that used to be lower damage but faster cooldown are now slightly lower damage but long cooldown making them a bit pointless.

Overall a bit meh, but I'm willing to give it a shot and see where things stand in practice instead of theoretical, but I don't love the tradeoffs personally.

#38 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:53 AM

Since you made a double topic...
You messed up current PPC numbers.
PPC
Cooldown Increased to 6 (from 4.5)
ER PPC
LIGHT PPC
Cooldown Increased to 7.25 (from 4.5)
SNUBNOSED PPC
Heat Increased to 11 (from 9.5)
IS PPC family current CD is 4S (except heavy), snub nose PPC heat is 10.
TBH I'm pretty sure this patch would be a complete disaster.
Like, were you even trying?

#39 Pelmeshek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:54 AM

Oh my, why im read all this changes. Now this music official PGI theme for me.

#40 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:59 AM

I'm loving it lmao Yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users