Mw5 Xbox Steam Gog And Dlc Release Date

69 replies to this topic

#41 Noishkel Hauptman

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:41 PM

Oof. Gotta wait all the way until the end of May? That just sucks.... but at least we're finally getting it without having to reward Epic for poaching crowd-funded games. That's the only reason I havn't bought it yet.

#42 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 06:25 PM

I don't think Discount Dan wouldn't even sell mw5.

#43 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:35 AM

Aaaaand we're back to the Atlas being the poster boy...

The King Crab is dead! Long live King Atlas!

HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!

#44 Joe Lean

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 47 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 21 March 2021 - 11:17 AM

I'm looking forward to playing this... but please please let it be an actual Mechwarrior game, where an Atlas isn't kinda useless, and light mechs the size of Elementals don't warp phase around the screen faster than LRMs can catch them. Okay, slight exaggeration, but not much. I just mean, please let it be a Mechwarrior game, and not tweaked hideously for the sake of a multiplayer environment in which someone would actually choose to play a light that would cost a fraction of a heavy or assault that's been handicapped. Maybe even something you can bring a Mad Cat/Timber Wolf and other clan mechs into in a couple years that actually rock. Let MWO be your multiplayer experiment, and an ongoing place where "mechs" are "balanced," and please let us have (or keep, as the case may be?) an honest to goodness Mechwarrior game.

Edited by Joe Lean, 21 March 2021 - 11:19 AM.

#45 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 21 March 2021 - 02:27 PM

Personally speaking you could have made an epic Annihilator (Godzilla) V Atlas (Kong) crossover here.

Missed opportunity.

#46 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:49 AM

View PostWolfos31, on 19 March 2021 - 12:45 PM, said:

Who's running things there?!?

Posted Image

#47 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:02 AM

View PostJoe Lean, on 21 March 2021 - 11:17 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to playing this...

Well ... i "played" it after the release on Epic. Mechs feel nice, better than in MWO.
But i had to download mods offered by the community. Before PGI even announced modding for MW5.
Biggest issue was enemies spawning behind you out of nowhere. A modder fixed that.
Looking for the HUD in the promo video? A modder gave us this HUD.
I used something like 6-8 mods to enjoy MW5 at least a little.
The missions are boring. Kill this, destroy that, protect ****.
Finished the campaign and haven´t touched MW5 since. But i don´t expect the game has changed much. Cause ... PGI.

#48 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 08:37 AM

What about for the EPIC version for us who pre-ordered the game for 100$ for the mercenary edition?

is the DLC going to be free for us?

why would we want to pay 50$ for it, if that is so. Id like to see a price change down to 25-30$ max

Bug Fixes should be free IMO

and as a long time MechWarrior / BattleTech fan. THIS BETTER MAKE MW5 BETTER to where I don't have to play with mods

Edited by Maxzer, 22 March 2021 - 08:43 AM.

#49 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:39 AM

Finally, good lords and ladies of heavy metal it took its time. Again " until its done " is of course something to fiercly uphold. We all have seen what disasters follows games not holding that mantra.. Duke Nukem Forever, Cyberpunk 2077... Oh Im sure there are more.

Now.

Make SURE MW5 can be intervowen with Steam WORKSHOP. A high priority IMO. Still polish up the game as much as possible. Modders arent the ones supposed to fix the games issues/ bugs/ glitches/ balances and so on. Just keep that in mind. Though if the worst comes to worst there are brilliant minds out there.

Anyway. Cant wait to play it on Steam. Crossing fingers for some miraculous optimalization mods etc if not alredy polished for lower specs etc, the epic version made the mech models in game for me looked like they had frigging untextured marble surfaces on their armor becasue the game in 9/ 10 cases REFUSED to load the textrures properly. Otherwise the game ran good enough, but the textures were immersion breaking.

Also for me as a hybrid gamer, playing around with mechs on a whopping screen and no need to fiddle with pc specs is a saving grace if the Steam version bonks out for me.

BTW: Does GOG have any kind of modding feature like Steam Workshop or do you guys over there need third party sites like Nexusmods to enjoy well... mods?

Edited by Tordin, 22 March 2021 - 11:42 AM.

#50 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 22 March 2021 - 12:14 PM

I was a fool and per-ordered MW5, thankfully I got my refund when they lied about the steam release. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

#51 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 12:38 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 22 March 2021 - 02:02 AM, said:

The missions are boring. Kill this, destroy that, protect ****.
Finished the campaign and haven´t touched MW5 since. But i don´t expect the game has changed much. Cause ... PGI.

Well... I've played MW5:M via GamePass on M$ store.
I've downloaded it with flushed face, jumping with impatience while the game was downloading. My childish memories of MW4 got to live again. Man, I was so dreaming about proper MW5 since that trailer from 2011.
And...
MW5 happens. Hurray~!

So, in my country I can pay 1€ and test gamepass. So I did.

In short:
I run MW5.
For few good hours (12-14).
I closed my open mounth. I was so shocked.
I wiped my tears.
I deleted the MW5.
I refunded my 1€ (the M$ gave me it back).

Conclusion: MW5 is not worth for me even one damn Euro.
I can't believe how this game is mediocre, childish and boring :'(

Edited by Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses, 22 March 2021 - 12:39 PM.

#52 Slothasaurus

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:59 AM

View PostCherry Garden full of Blue Roses, on 22 March 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

Well... I've played MW5:M via GamePass on M$ store.
I've downloaded it with flushed face, jumping with impatience while the game was downloading. My childish memories of MW4 got to live again. Man, I was so dreaming about proper MW5 since that trailer from 2011.
And...
MW5 happens. Hurray~!

So, in my country I can pay 1€ and test gamepass. So I did.

In short:
I run MW5.
For few good hours (12-14).
I closed my open mounth. I was so shocked.
I wiped my tears.
I deleted the MW5.
I refunded my 1€ (the M$ gave me it back).

Conclusion: MW5 is not worth for me even one damn Euro.
I can't believe how this game is mediocre, childish and boring :'(

I feel the same. I also downloaded it from Gamepass. The biggest area of disappointment for me was the AI of the game both enemies and lancemates. Completely brain dead and in many cases even works against you(like mechs shooting volley after volley into the backs of allies because there was an enemy on the other side of the ally). They couldn't of taken the time to work the logic so a mech would not shoot if a friendly was in the way or try to work around the friendly to get a better shot?

The main aspect of the game is fighting other mechs/vehicles. The lack of at least semi-intelligent NPCs it is one of the worst aspects of the game. Was such a let down.

#53 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:44 AM

View PostSlothasaurus, on 23 March 2021 - 06:59 AM, said:

I feel the same. I also downloaded it from Gamepass. The biggest area of disappointment for me was the AI of the game both enemies and lancemates. Completely brain dead and in many cases even works against you(like mechs shooting volley after volley into the backs of allies because there was an enemy on the other side of the ally). They couldn't of taken the time to work the logic so a mech would not shoot if a friendly was in the way or try to work around the friendly to get a better shot?

The main aspect of the game is fighting other mechs/vehicles. The lack of at least semi-intelligent NPCs it is one of the worst aspects of the game. Was such a let down.

I agree....

as a long time player. since 2004, This was a HUGE LET DOWN

I paid 120$ for the merc edition

it shouldn't be the community's job to fix the bugs and make the game better.

It should have been released on steam from the start. (as it was promised)

and a DLC for this game S H O U L D N O T cost 50$

This is just like the 500$ golden mech skin situation. If you dont know what Im speaking of, check this link below

https://www.forbes.c...sh=20a0d8fa6e35

I would not personally pay 50$ for Fixes (fixes should be FREE) and a small amount of content. I love MechWarrior PGI but maybe you should take advice from your community and or listen to when we have these concerns

https://steamcommuni...mmended/342200/

here is also a STEAM review of MWO in 2021

Edited by Maxzer, 23 March 2021 - 07:56 AM.

#54 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:50 AM

Is there any MOD where you can disable friendly fire (ie: your lancemates damage you or your team)?
Just give it a Zero damage when your AI lancemate hits another member of your lance!

View PostSlothasaurus, on 23 March 2021 - 06:59 AM, said:

#55 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:56 AM

When GOG starts selling MW5, it would be a standalone game program that you actually own (there should be no DRM, no checking the internet to activate MW5, etc.). ie: MW5 should be an actual game that you *own* upon purchase, as it should!

Diablo 1 program when sold on GOG supported a standalone MOD (program) called Hellfire.
So you install Diablo 1, and then install Hellfire over it.
This Hellfire MOD was developed by others, and GOG simply distributed it.

That's all I know about GOG and its MOD's.
(Anyone able to chip in more info regarding GOG's MOD ?)

View PostTordin, on 22 March 2021 - 11:39 AM, said:

...Does GOG have any kind of modding feature like Steam Workshop or do you guys over there need third party sites like Nexusmods to enjoy well... mods?

#56 Warcrimes4Funtimes

Rookie

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:38 PM

View PostWolfos31, on 19 March 2021 - 12:45 PM, said:

Oh nice, just 7 hours after we knew about it on the forums.

Seriously, why didn't EG7 & PGI coordinate this release date announcement better? It looks extremely unprofessional when you announce it on the main Mechwarrior website over 8 hours after the press release dropped.

Edit:

And holy crap, you STILL haven't announced this on the official mw5mercs.com website. Who's running things there?!?

Retreads. Duh. Also, if you need to know who's at fault I bolded them above your question :)

#57 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:03 PM

is it really 50$ for the dlc ?

#58 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:33 PM

View Postmemorandum, on 23 March 2021 - 01:03 PM, said:

is it really 50$ for the dlc ?

That's as much as the base game that isn't worth it.

Forget it, I ain't buying MWO if it's 100$ total, what a ******* joke.

#59 HEAD_SHOT

Rookie

• The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:22 PM

Nice Work... I have been playing on the PC enjoying the story line... Will Xbox players be able to interface with PC players... Will Xbox players be able to use missions we create in the editor...Good luck with the release...Posted Image

#60 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:58 PM

MW5 had a ton of potential but it has serious issues. I highly suggest you all wait for it to come down in price. $20 - $25 would be about right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users