• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:25 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 March 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

April when?

Probably April 13 but could be the following week.

#22 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:27 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 March 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

April when?

Patch day is April 20th.

View PostAlexSakae, on 23 March 2021 - 02:54 PM, said:

So are LRM still banworthy for this event

This was never the case.

#23 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:41 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 23 March 2021 - 03:27 PM, said:

Patch day is April 20th.

This was never the case.

Uhm.. why will it take so long to revert the changes? We're talking 28 days for value changes?

#24 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:48 PM

Damn, the PPC buffs will be gone soon, play them while you got em folks.

#25 AlexSakae

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:51 PM

S'far as i know, using LRM80+ lance is considered "censored X2 behaviour" on this server and is a bannable offense

View PostAlexSakae, on 23 March 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

S'far as i know, using LRM80+ lance is considered "censored X2 behaviour" on this server and is a bannable offense

actually had to google censored reference on my own post as it happen

Edited by AlexSakae, 23 March 2021 - 03:50 PM.

#26 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 23 March 2021 - 03:41 PM, said:

Uhm.. why will it take so long to revert the changes? We're talking 28 days for value changes?

We're patching on a monthly basis. As these recent changes are not game breaking, and hotfixes require resources that are needed elsewhere currently, we're going to live with the changes until the April patch.

View PostAlexSakae, on 23 March 2021 - 03:51 PM, said:

actually had to google censored reference on my own post as it happen

Your assumptions are incorrect, LRMs in any size group are not a bannable offense.

#27 AlexSakae

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:59 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 23 March 2021 - 03:53 PM, said:

We're patching on a monthly basis. As these recent changes are not game breaking, and hotfixes require resources that are needed elsewhere currently, we're going to live with the changes until the April patch.

Your assumptions are incorrect, LRMs in any size group are not a bannable offense.

Chaotic would like a chat with you...
anyone calling him a... (censored by googlepost) or a (this term is actually censored too)...
never actually watched one of his stream

censor going wild in here

Edited by AlexSakae, 23 March 2021 - 04:02 PM.

#28 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:04 PM

View PostAlexSakae, on 23 March 2021 - 03:59 PM, said:

Chaotic would like a chat with you...
anyone calling him a... (censored by googlepost) or a (this term is actually censored too)...
never actually watched one of his stream

We don't discuss or debate bans on here, but I will say nobody has ever been banned for using LRMs, grouping, or grouping and using LRMs. These are in-game mechanics, and players are free to use them as they like. Any further discussion about it, you can take it up with said individual as it is not relevant.

#29 AlexSakae

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:07 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 23 March 2021 - 04:04 PM, said:

We don't discuss or debate bans on here, but I will say nobody has ever been banned for using LRMs, grouping, or grouping and using LRMs. These are in-game mechanics, and players are free to use them as they like. Any further discussion about it, you can take it up with said individual as it is not relevant.

So am i free to bring an LRM 90+ to the stream hunt, or will i be called a steam sniper and be banned within the day?

View PostAlexSakae, on 23 March 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

So am i free to bring an LRM 90+ to the stream hunt, or will i be called a steam sniper and be banned within the day?

wow first post without any word being censored

#30 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:09 PM

View PostAlexSakae, on 23 March 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

wow first post without any word being censored

Hi, I'm an MWO dev. I just told you that using LRMs, groups, and groups with LRMs is not a bannable offense. I hope that clears it up. Happy hunting!

#31 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:19 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 23 March 2021 - 03:27 PM, said:

Patch day is April 20th.

If you are acknowledging that the changes are wrong and reverting them, then why exactly is there no hotfix? Like ... today?

No offense, but this entire thing appears (once again) as if people at PGI only work 1-2 days a month, right before the patch day, and this is the whole reason we are in this mess to begin with.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 23 March 2021 - 04:19 PM.

#32 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:26 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 23 March 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

I'll go ahead and announce it here until I get a post up, we're rolling back the weapons and MASC changes from the March patch in April, and will be establishing a Public Test Server before the end of the month, which will feature all of the weapons changes proposed by the Gulag player group (now called the Cauldron), and we should be able to run multiple iterations of PTS before the May patch, at which point assuming we have a positive outcome and consensus, those initial changes can be implemented for May.

We haven't done a Dev Vlog yet, because we had to sort this situation out, and establish our path moving forward. Now that we're confident in our plans, we'll get the Dev Vlog out within the next few days with more details about the April and May patches.

Thanks for the update and the hard work.

#33 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:34 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 March 2021 - 04:19 PM, said:

If you are acknowledging that the changes are wrong and reverting them, then why exactly is there no hotfix? Like ... today?

No offense, but this entire thing appears (once again) as if people at PGI only work 1-2 days a month, right before the patch day, and this is the whole reason we are in this mess to begin with.

Because hotfixes cost a bunch of money.

#34 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 05:32 PM

[color=#FFE04D]Daeron [/color]WHERE IS THE CRUSADER IVE BEEN SEARCHING HIGH AND LOW FOR THIS WARLOCK TO NO AVAIL ;''''(((

#35 DeathDream

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 05:33 PM

Can we get a light mech or hero mech sale mixed into this streamer event like we did with the heavies last time?

#36 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:17 PM

Any idea when the intel gathering for the Clan booster is coming or if the pack is going to be announced? Or new chassis even?

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 23 March 2021 - 06:17 PM.

#37 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:36 PM

View PostDeathDream, on 23 March 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

Can we get a light mech or hero mech sale mixed into this streamer event like we did with the heavies last time?

or... an assault sale? yes... assault please

#38 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:31 PM

Hey Daeron Katz, during the last dev and streamer hunt, you had a sale on all the weapons but didn't really advertise that you also put a sale on mech bay's, is there going to be a similar sale this hunt?, can we have another mech bay sale if so Posted Image

#39 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:22 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 23 March 2021 - 06:17 PM, said:

Any idea when the intel gathering for the Clan booster is coming or if the pack is going to be announced? Or new chassis even?

Gas is right on this one

Daeron, when will we see another Intel Gathering Thread because we have not had any new potential variants because discussed yet?

#40 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:46 PM

I only saw one dev on the first one and he was on my team, you should just rename it to streamer hunt, pointless when there's hardly any devs to hunt and yes we know lrms aren't bannable weapon for use BUT pilots have gone out on hunts for other pilots before (IE theBEEF and SEAN) and I don't recall him getting banned for doing lots of drops to find Sean and get him with the dire star yet that's the same tOxIc behavior chaotic was banned for 24 hours before your event. hell Sean laughed it off maybe in the future the same approach will be adopted so the player base ISNT biased against you and might take your word ( and if I got facts wrong then I apologize)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users