• The Named
  • The Named
  • 626 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:33 AM

https://leaderboard....%0D%0AManganMAn

So I've tried to return to MwO before, but mostly I've forgot the password (lol), and then my enthusiasm waned.

Now that I've finally got back to my account, I'm considering the return, and so I just want to see if there are changes while game was pretty much turned into tumbleweed after Mw5.

I can safely assume that the cancer of nascaring (without counter like calling the minefield deployment on their assumed way to make harming obstacles especially for lights) and lurming (at least quad AMS can somewhat counter that for it's operator benefit) are still prevalent?

Meanwile, some time ago, I've managed to log-in using GeForce Now service, where normally only Mw5 is available (which pretty much is now impossible since nVidia cut-off the direct access to Steam on their servers), but since I'm using mobile connection, the drop in video and input lag was nightmarish.

Tried to contact the folks from polish group to help me in coming back, but it seems that I'm being ignored by them.

Edited by Ch_R0me, 10 March 2021 - 01:34 AM.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,478 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:37 AM

Hey, a warm welcome back to MWO!

Lots of announcements and monthly mech+ giveaways, and even some MC & premium time!
The next event starts tomorrow (March 11th 2021).

Do have lots of fun around here :)

#3 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:49 AM

I just waited strategically 2 years so my tier would drop to 5 and i could do some seal clubbing Posted Image

#4 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:21 AM

Game is still fun for me after all these years though I did take a few lengthy breaks. Currently nascar is still a thing but more and more teams are doing counter nascar so both teams end up facing each other in a firing line or brawl instead of doing a chase. Lrm spam can happen too but its not nearly as prevalent as it used to be due to all the ams mechs you get nowadays. Quick play also mixes up to 4 man lances with solos to get faster matches and whilst we get a few whine threads here about it I don't really see any difference in win rate or blowout rate since it happened.

#5 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts
  • LocationStripping lasers off my Archer to fit 4 more tons of LRM'S

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:17 AM

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 10 March 2021 - 01:49 AM, said:

I just waited strategically 2 years so my tier would drop to 5 and i could do some seal clubbing Posted Image

You are my hero.

#6 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:37 AM

View Postw0qj, on 10 March 2021 - 01:37 AM, said:

Hey, a warm welcome back to MWO!

Lots of announcements and monthly mech+ giveaways, and even some MC & premium time!
The next event starts tomorrow (March 11th 2021).

Do have lots of fun around here Posted Image

In North America, it starts tonight actually.

#7 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:08 PM

This is a lot like an airport, it is very important to announce departures and arrivals. Please check your luggage in at the counter.

#8 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:48 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 10 March 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

This is a lot like an airport, it is very important to announce departures and arrivals. Please check your luggage in at the counter.

Luggage? More like baggage. Posted Image

#9 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:55 PM

Just did the same thing. Logged back in to find 20+ days of premium time waiting for me, people who cannot take cover calling lurmers all sorts of unkind names, and maybe 1 out of 3 games an endless dance to the right. So... the usual.

I like what has become of supply caches, I like that the game still isn't pay to play, and I like that the meta hasn't changed so much that my builds are outdated. (well... any more outdated than they were when I left.)

I don't like the lack of development over the past few years. I UNDERSTAND it with the dwindling cash flow, but it would be nice to see new game modes and maps. So i settle for the fact that this old favorite game of mine is still online and running... even if it is always counterclockwise. Posted Image

#10 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:42 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 10 March 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

it would be nice to see new game modes and maps. So i settle for the fact that this old favorite game of mine is still online and running... even if it is always counterclockwise. Posted Image

FP is cool. If we can just convince 2,000 people to all migrate from QP to FP simultaneously that'll solve a lot of problems.

Right now I feel like the biggest thing holding FP back is critical mass. Barely enough players to start 1 game at any given time means the mode is effectively running without a matchmaker.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:28 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 10 March 2021 - 03:51 PM, said:

I wouldn't consider being roflstomped by premades being cool. I can have that in QP without losing so much time and at least against a 4-stack there's a chance to win. I think out of all the attempts I made at faction play over the years there were no more than 3 games that were kinda fun.

Yeah, I was in MS in its heyday...that wasn't actually fun either. FP has always been pretty awful.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:47 PM

View PostTercieI, on 10 March 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

Yeah, I was in MS in its heyday...that wasn't actually fun either. FP has always been pretty awful.

Once in a while you would get runs of a lot of 10-12 vs 10-12 and that was pretty fun.

The impromptu Battle of Luthien was pretty cool. What was the unit that had their tag on it again...? Don't recall..

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:40 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 March 2021 - 05:47 PM, said:

Once in a while you would get runs of a lot of 10-12 vs 10-12 and that was pretty fun.

The impromptu Battle of Luthien was pretty cool. What was the unit that had their tag on it again...? Don't recall..

Once in a very great while. But a lot more stomps...and they still took a long time. Blech.

I don't recall. Recall it happening but not details.

#14 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:03 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 March 2021 - 05:47 PM, said:

I like the subtle humble brag. Come drop some FP Gas, remind the newbies what CW was like back when it was healthy.

#15 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:23 PM

View Postccrider, on 10 March 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

I like the subtle humble brag. Come drop some FP Gas, remind the newbies what CW was like back when it was healthy.

View PostTercieI, on 10 March 2021 - 06:40 PM, said:

I don't recall. Recall it happening but not details.

I'll let you make the inference Posted Image

#16 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:33 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 March 2021 - 08:23 PM, said:

I'll let you make the inference Posted Image

I'd be embarrassed I missed it but it just doesn't cross my mind that anyone could care enough about FP to brag about it. :P

#17 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 626 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:47 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 10 March 2021 - 02:42 PM, said:

FP is cool. If we can just convince 2,000 people to all migrate from QP to FP simultaneously that'll solve a lot of problems.

Right now I feel like the biggest thing holding FP back is critical mass. Barely enough players to start 1 game at any given time means the mode is effectively running without a matchmaker.

If only PGI could recreate whole CW as more akin to the what we see in Mw5 / HBS BT, but with more stress on rules about loyalist and merc forces... That would be much more appealing imo.

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:55 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 29 March 2021 - 03:47 AM, said:

If only PGI could recreate whole CW as more akin to the what we see in Mw5 / HBS BT, but with more stress on rules about loyalist and merc forces... That would be much more appealing imo.

I doubt that PGI would be willing to invest a lot of resources into the game mode with so limited number of players.

#19 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 12:51 PM

View Postmartian, on 29 March 2021 - 04:55 AM, said:

I doubt that PGI would be willing to invest a lot of resources into the game mode with so limited number of players.

FP used to be the MWO Endgame until it was taken out behind the shed. Unlike Solaris, there were plenty of FP players once upon a time.

#20 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:18 PM

I came back after a 2.5 year hiatus.

I'll say this. It's the exact same game when you left, you know why you love it and you know why you hate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users