Emerald Vale Was Clearly As Success.

49 replies to this topic

#1 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 07:09 AM

From my perspective, Emerald Vale has been a huge success.
The map gets voted for repeatedly, and I don't hear people complain about it.

It's close enough to Emerald Tiaga that it could potentially serve has a psuedo-training ground for faction play, if we are ever to invest in that again... I would like to see Francois revamp some FP maps-- Borreal Vault would be great -- but in the meantime, is Vitric Forge next for Quickplay?

#2 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 27 March 2022 - 07:58 AM

It's a good map but has way too many trees. Makes the forest maps look like little shubery patches. Going center or ridge line is 50/50 in qp so I treat it like hpg in color.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 March 2022 - 04:02 AM

Vitric could be two maps, really. Vitric Plateau (the part before the gates) and Vitric Fortress (the actual base part)

#4 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:32 AM

It's a pretty good map. Have you noticed that it is in the selections far more than the Hellebore map was/is? It seems like I see Emerald Vale every 2 to 3 matches and Hellebore MAYBE every 6 matches, for selection.

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 March 2022 - 06:56 AM

Thank you, Francois!!
I really like Emerald Vale QP map!

Finally brawlers can have a ball (along with Solaris City), and the snipers are not as bad as some would have it to be...
I mean, there will be snipers on each and every QP map, right?

Also, the Seismic Sensor skill is finally useful on this relatively small map!
Breaks the skill tree monotony that some may have experienced ;)

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:56 AM

View PostHorseman, on 28 March 2022 - 04:02 AM, said:

Vitric could be two maps, really. Vitric Plateau (the part before the gates) and Vitric Fortress (the actual base part)

Agreed! It's a great map and big. I'd love to see every FP map converted to QP, or thematically at least.

#7 Lumovanis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 10:26 PM

The central brawls are fun on this map, devolving into pure chaos at times with so many angles to worry about (definitely a fun map for lights). My concern still is that the ridges have far too much cover and there are way too many trees. Conquest is a lot of fun on this map, and I will slam that vote in a heartbeat. That being said, I rarely see the map voted for now, as people return to their tired Grim Plexus and Canyon votes.

#8 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 11:56 PM

View PostLumovanis, on 28 March 2022 - 10:26 PM, said:

The central brawls are fun on this map, devolving into pure chaos at times with so many angles to worry about (definitely a fun map for lights). My concern still is that the ridges have far too much cover and there are way too many trees. Conquest is a lot of fun on this map, and I will slam that vote in a heartbeat. That being said, I rarely see the map voted for now, as people return to their tired Grim Plexus and Canyon votes.

thats how battle tech combat is suppose to be....
pure chaos, destruction and hardcore action

not this brain dead let's nascar/rotate xD luk kek
nascar/rotation aspect of the game is one of the main reason why mwo never took of...

funny because you can't really rotate/nascar in wot which competitor to mwo. you get spotted and destroyed in the game if you do

Edited by JudauAshta, 28 March 2022 - 11:57 PM.

#9 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 March 2022 - 05:34 AM

It would be a better map without those roads up around it.

#10 Corbantu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 08:46 AM

I like it, it has a very simple yet complex enough feel to it to give it a good sense of balance. In a strange way I would describe emerald vale as a basic arena map. Because nothing really stands out as exploitable on it.

Now I've only played it a handful of times, but I've always felt that there was enough cover, enough avenues and enough symmetry that the match could be a toss up to either side.

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 March 2022 - 09:53 AM

I think it's a good map really. There's sufficient sightlines and cover from all weapons really. The one thing I might change is adding more pathways up to the sniper ledges rather than the extreme edges, though those are the safest to use. Maybe add a wide ramp area in the middle to meld the ridge to the ground on either side with some rocks for cover? Or two of these on each side.

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 March 2022 - 10:27 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 29 March 2022 - 09:53 AM, said:

I think it's a good map really. There's sufficient sightlines and cover from all weapons really. The one thing I might change is adding more pathways up to the sniper ledges rather than the extreme ramps, though those are the safest to use. Maybe add a wide ramp area in the middle to meld the ridge to the ground on either side with some rocks for cover? Or two of these on each side.

#13 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 03:57 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 28 March 2022 - 08:31 PM, said:

From my experience Emerald Vale gets voted extremely rarely. Even with high vote multipliers I don't get it. I'm not even a big fan of the map, I dislike the fishbowl design and the map is too small for my taste, but I'd like to get to know it at least to a decent amount.

It's very popular in lower tiers. I rarely have that map as an option and it not get picked. It even beats out canyon and mining quite often.

#14 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:20 AM

Without doubt, one of the lamest maps to date.

Two sniping ridges and barely enough cover to do anything in the middle.

Carry on you beautiful sycophants trying to gain favour from PGI; time to get (new) glasses if you cannot see that this is just another pathetic "bowl" map that seems to be Francois signature one trick effort.

From my experience, it gets picked if someone is trying to trick the voting system, so about 1 in 7 times when it appears and then only by a miniscule margin.

#15 Zeddicuus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 06:33 AM

I've been liking it. I can get my brawling in if I want, or go sniper, or missile boating, or even scouting/assault harassment. I've managed to pick snipers off up in the hills with little trouble, so I don't see the sniping ring as a huge problem. Lots of cover in the middle for those heavy fire fights.

Overall I've been really liking it.

#16 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:35 AM

View Postcazeral, on 30 March 2022 - 12:20 AM, said:

Without doubt, one of the lamest maps to date.

Two sniping ridges and barely enough cover to do anything in the middle.

Carry on you beautiful sycophants trying to gain favour from PGI; time to get (new) glasses if you cannot see that this is just another pathetic "bowl" map that seems to be Francois signature one trick effort.

From my experience, it gets picked if someone is trying to trick the voting system, so about 1 in 7 times when it appears and then only by a miniscule margin.

Bruh there's like a whole city in the middle.

#17 Zeddicuus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 08:08 AM

True pbiggz and that city can provide a fair amount of cover to help avoid that sniper fire as well as spread out to set up a crossfire on said sniper while some lights sneak up the sides.

At least, that's how I've seen it handled in some of the games I've been in. Hell, I've been on the receiving end of that as the sniper too.

I find the arctic map (can't remember the name) or the canyon feels far more open than Emerald Vale.

#18 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 30 March 2022 - 06:31 PM

I'm very tempted to make an alt called "Hedge Trimmer" just to take a couple racs out to EV and trim the bushes back.

#19 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 06:49 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 27 March 2022 - 07:09 AM, said:

From my perspective, Emerald Vale has been a huge success.
The map gets voted for repeatedly, and I don't hear people complain about it.

It's close enough to Emerald Tiaga that it could potentially serve has a psuedo-training ground for faction play, if we are ever to invest in that again... I would like to see Francois revamp some FP maps-- Borreal Vault would be great -- but in the meantime, is Vitric Forge next for Quickplay?

The saving grace of the map is it actually has cover so you can actually brawl without getting shot.

#20 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 06:46 AM

It is successful if pgi adjust only the point for sniping.
This is the map where the sniper ruined everything.

Edited by killkimno, 31 March 2022 - 06:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users