55 replies to this topic

#21 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 August 2021 - 10:03 AM

Things start to get, not sure the proper word in english, hilarious...
Once I solo kill an Archer with an Arctic cheetah then I am unable to deal a single point of damage with a Hellbringer?! What the hell I do?! Or what should I do? Apart from the "distant land of the frolicking nymphs" (this is from Baldur's Gate 2, check out if you not believe me!) how could one's play be so fluctuating within the very same match? Is this a good sign or a bad?
Well, dump of digested food stuffs, I start to be more than uncertain about how may I need to play this game. I were a lurmer (apart from a few brawling matches) but lately it seems I just can not lurm anymore... It is not because of patch or such I think. Just not works the same way it used to be for me. I say this despite the fact I killed two mech today with crosshair-hold-on-target-but-not-locked with lrm...
Perhaps this is some sign I slowly tend toward brawling albeit the necessary skills are still dormant? Or it means I became more and more insane not to know even how to play a game properly?
Oh, but at least I got the bridesmaid title now what were not easy! Next step is really the Johny Five... But Johny comes marching home...

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,788 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:41 PM

the pendulum is real.

#23 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 07 October 2021 - 05:57 AM

Yesterday I won the WHM-6R. Put minimal effort into it and within a week I accomplished the tasks except the 40k matchscore. Played 5-6 matches per day and the hardest part were the achieve of "hit-and-runs". It looks not so bad, solid mech, I decided to keep it...
But... I changed heat sinks to double, switched to endo-steel structure and realised I need ~3.800.000 CBs to got a LE280. Sh!t! Now I need to cobble that money somehow but I not feel the mood lately to trully play (mostly because I often forced to play on Solaris city what is a nerdplace)...

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:59 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 07 October 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

Yesterday I won the WHM-6R. Put minimal effort into it and within a week I accomplished the tasks except the 40k matchscore. Played 5-6 matches per day and the hardest part were the achieve of "hit-and-runs".

Congrats!

It looks not so bad, solid mech, I decided to keep it...

Sound decision.

But... I changed heat sinks to double, switched to endo-steel structure and realised I need ~3.800.000 CBs to got a LE280. Sh!t! Now I need to cobble that money somehow but I not feel the mood lately to trully play (mostly because I often forced to play on Solaris city what is a nerdplace)...

Well, in this situation I would probably use a pair of LBX-10s (with 5-6 tons of ammo) and a quartet of medium lasers. Essentially, playing it as a big Rifleman or Jagermech. Even with standard engine it should be a usable 'Mech.

When you save up some C-Bills later, you can upgrade your Warhammer with light engine to free up some additional tonnage.

#25 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:02 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 08 May 2021 - 05:34 AM, said:

Try Marik for the true buttboys of the franchise. ****** over at every turn.

Deservedly so and never waste an opportunity to insult a MarikPosted Image

Edited by Novakaine, 07 October 2021 - 03:03 PM.

#26 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 08 October 2021 - 03:06 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 April 2021 - 07:30 AM, said:

Well, I may say title says everything, but, frankly not really... Those days... What days? Well, those sh!tty, bad days when everything seems f**ked up.

duuuuuude, you immediately need to take a break and rest (leave the MWO for a week), otherwise this is a direct path to a psychotherapist

#27 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 October 2021 - 11:29 AM

Well, in this situation I would probably use a pair of LBX-10s (with 5-6 tons of ammo) and a quartet of medium lasers. Essentially, playing it as a big Rifleman or Jagermech. Even with standard engine it should be a usable 'Mech.

Well, my one would be a 2xER-PPC + 2xLPL with LAMS. Only need a lighter engine to prevent it from blown up when trigger the alpha (glorious death, neg?)...

duuuuuude, you immediately need to take a break and rest (leave the MWO for a week), otherwise this is a direct path to a psychotherapist

Who need psychotherapist if you could blown up things? I mean in MWO... Or I could switch to H3:HotA, some G-sized maps cause instant brainf@rt and erase even the most basic things from your head. Afterall, how could someone beat 1000+ Azure dragons?! (hint: Did it)

Hmmm. Otherwise we need some "won tons of CBs or GSPs things" to skill my mechs as only 3 from the near 30 are have 91\91 skill nodes (skill for a mech, really?!). Even my FP decks contains mechs having only 35-50 nodes at best. That must be corrected as soon as possible what is also not easy (no money)...

#28 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:50 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 09 October 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

Well, my one would be a 2xER-PPC + 2xLPL with LAMS. Only need a lighter engine to prevent it from blown up when trigger the alpha (glorious death, neg?)...

You can buy Premium Time to make earning C-Bills easier, so you can buy the light engine you need.

#29 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 October 2021 - 10:02 AM

View Postmartian, on 09 October 2021 - 08:50 PM, said:

You can buy Premium Time to make earning C-Bills easier, so you can buy the light engine you need.

I won 7 days PremTime but would not activated it yet. I need to check FP settings to this week. If it would clans assault IS, I would not activate it, if it would clans defense then I would activate it. That way I literally earn 3-4x more money per match even if I not kill anyone just deal about 800-1000 dmg overall (pretty low level I know, but usually I s**k FP when play after QP because the vastly different playstyle)...

#30 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:48 AM

Mmmmm... Something is in the air or what...
Since friday I try to get that lovely EBJ-B. Since friday I need only 5 kills\KMDD to win it.
Since f************** friday I can not achieve a single kill or KMDD just spread 200-500 damage per matches. Frustrating a bit. I tried lasboats, dakka-dakkas, MRM monstas and lurmers... Why, of why?!
I WANT THAT EBJ-B SO MUCH!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#31 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:59 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 01 December 2021 - 08:48 AM, said:

Since friday I try to get that lovely EBJ-B. Since friday I need only 5 kills\KMDD to win it.
Since f************** friday I can not achieve a single kill or KMDD just spread 200-500 damage per matches.

Just do not give up!

You still have almost two weeks.

Frustrating a bit. I tried lasboats, dakka-dakkas, MRM monstas and lurmers... Why, of why?!

Try paired LBX-10 Autocannons. They are good for stealing securing kills. Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, the Cauldron-Born is neat. Posted Image

#32 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 01 December 2021 - 11:44 AM

Finally I got her! Only the camo left but I forfeit that and give some break for the game now...
My little Arianrhod (since the mech also known as Cauldron-born I tought I name it after the celtic myths) carry 3xER-LLs + 4xMPLs. I shall train her to FP...

#33 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 11:48 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 01 December 2021 - 11:44 AM, said:

Finally I got her!

Congrats. Posted Image

Only the camo left but I forfeit that and give some break for the game now...

You still have two weeks, so even if you play every now and then, you can still get that cool livery.

My little Arianrhod (since the mech also known as Cauldron-born I tought I name it after the celtic myths) carry 3xER-LLs + 4xMPLs. I shall train her to FP...

You can buy various OmniPods, so do not be afraid to experiment with different loadouts.

#34 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:15 PM

Finally I got her! Only the camo left but I forfeit that and give some break for the game now...

Fun story - I've named my Hatamoto-chis after Celtic mythology things.

#35 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 03 December 2021 - 10:41 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 01 December 2021 - 04:15 PM, said:

Fun story - I've named my Hatamoto-chis after Celtic mythology things.

Celtic names for a japanese-design? Sounds fun...
Do you dubbed the mechs after the Tuatha dé Danann? Or the fommoroigh, like king Balor?

#36 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 04 December 2021 - 01:56 AM

Not quite so specific, except all starting with "A" - Annwn, Arawn, Afanc etc.

#37 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 05:45 AM

VENT AWAY!! No use coolant flush.. Play something else.

some days i am just not in the mood, either i'm playing bad, my attitude is not right for crazy or what ever.. I just quit and load up something else.

Might i suggest some of my favorite games for this.

Battletech. It's turnbased RNG mech fun! You get your BT fix but don't have to deal with people.
Mech 5, for the same reasons

Sometimes i just want something to forget about BT all together so that leads me to

Stardew valley. One of the happiest games ever made. If this game doesn't make you smile there is a deeper problem than just games.

Wasteland 2, I will finish this game one day, i've had it since 2014 and i'm in california so almost there!

Dungeon of Nealbeuk, amulet of chaos, Hands down my favorite turnbased game. The humor, the story, the inept adventures with such unique gameplay..

that's what i do when i'm down on MWO. But there is an event started. we will see how long it takes me to play DoN, because it will happen at one point today lol

Since f************** friday I can not achieve a single kill or KMDD just spread 200-500 damage per matches. Frustrating a bit. I tried lasboats, dakka-dakkas, MRM monstas and lurmers... Why, of why?!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

What mechs do you have? But if you want feel free to friend me and look for me on today.. We can group up and i can help ya get your last kills if you like. :)

#38 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 07:25 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 04 December 2021 - 05:45 AM, said:

What mechs do you have? But if you want feel free to friend me and look for me on today.. We can group up and i can help ya get your last kills if you like. Posted Image

He added the he got the Cauldron-Born.

Finally I got her!

#39 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 December 2021 - 09:26 AM

What mechs do you have?

Lots from the big guys...
The current list is:
2x King crab
1x Atlas (won as prize)
1x Victor
1x Marauder 2
1x Hatamoto-chi
1x Supernova
1x Executioner
1x Mad cat MK2 (won as prize)
1x Highlander 2c
2x Rifleman 2c
2x Hellfire
2x Summoner
1x Hellbringer
1x Timberwolf (won as prize)
1x Ebon jaguar (won as prize)
1x Warhammer (won as prize)
1x Grasshopper (won as prize)
1x Orion
1x Archer
1x Mad dog
1x Hellspawn (won as prize)
1x Stormcrow
1x Nova
1x Huntsman (won as prize)
1x Vulcan
1x Vindicator
1x Cicada
1x Cougar
1x Mist lynx
1x Arctic cheetah (won as prize)
1x Javelin (won as prize)
1x UrbanMech (won as loyalty)

So totally have: 10 Assaults, 15 Heavies, 7 Mediums and 5 Lights
Assaults and heavies are most favoured to play...
Now collect the money for 2 new Rifleman 2cs (1 with 4x LHL, 1 with 4x LB5X), also want a MDG Bandit (Dakka-dog!) and I laid my eyes on a Kitfox for SRM-monsta the matches...
And still have 5 free mech bays (seems shall won next week 1-2 more).

But now, 'till monday, I play Warlords Battlecry 2. Pretty nice game, like better than Red Alert2 or Dune 2000...

#40 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 10:08 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 04 December 2021 - 09:26 AM, said:

So totally have: 10 Assaults, 15 Heavies, 7 Mediums and 5 Lights

Nice collection of 'Mechs! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users