55 replies to this topic

#41 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 03:17 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 04 December 2021 - 09:26 AM, said:

But now, 'till monday, I play Warlords Battlecry 2. Pretty nice game, like better than Red Alert2 or Dune 2000...

Heresy, I say!
Out to the desert with you, so Shai-Hulud may instill some wisdom into you.

Bi-lal kaifa

#42 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 10:31 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 04 December 2021 - 03:17 PM, said:

Heresy, I say!

Bi-lal kaifa

"My Road Leads Into The Desert."

Posted Image

#43 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 December 2021 - 12:38 PM

Heresy, I say!

Bi-lal kaifa

I not meant...

Heresy, I say!

Bi-lal kaifa

You can not ask mercy from the Sun?
Anyway, I really want to see the new Dune movie, but nothing could be compared with the original Dune...

Were a funny week hunting those mech bays.
Three I got (could not shot any UAV down, not let the others...) from four and also accomplished the assault stuff for 4.000.k cbills and 100 mc.
Also got the "Creeping death" on Solaris city with a LRM-15 exclusive Summoner. Why everybody choses Solaris city thinking there could be no lurming?! There are only two maps where one could not lurm (or not worth): Grim portico and Vitric forge, both are for FP, so, dear QP-fans, there is no place to run and hide because ALL QP MAPS ARE LURMING MAPS! And that is a fact...
Also had some strange matches. In one my PC restarted (memory-issue, blue screen then reset). When reconnected only I left against five enemy (about 1:40 matchtime left) and my chosen KGC were a support build. I did nothing fancy, charged and caused as much damage as I can (I needed 120 to got some event reward, so not tried deadly hard, I admit) but failed. One versus five is not where one could win face-to-face. And what did I got: "Wow... Unimpressive!" < Thanks! If you died and failed to defeat them in a group why did you expected me to kill them all alone? Sure, next time, baby!
In the next match, half group were same on the other side, I done 520 dmg with my 4xER-PPC Executioner. Did that impressed anyone? Hope no.
Also two times in this week I met a strange thing: Game mode and map chosen, but wastly different map were loaded what were not even among the options... WTF?! At least MWO got the game mode properly...
Yesterday tested my new EBJ in FP. Cool lasboat, deal damage well and more durable than the Hellbringer or the Timberwolf (perhaps it is a size\profile stuff). It were a long time since I were part of a won siege on the attacker side. Felt good albeit I am still not the player who influence the most, got no kill just a KMDD and lots of kill assists. But remained alive and combat-capable at least.

Edited by Duke Falcon, 11 December 2021 - 12:39 PM.

#44 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 01:32 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 11 December 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

Anyway, I really want to see the new Dune movie, but nothing could be compared with the original Dune...

They are already planning a sequel.

Were a funny week hunting those mech bays.
Three I got (could not shot any UAV down, not let the others...) from four and also accomplished the assault stuff for 4.000.k cbills and 100 mc.

You still have two days left.

Also got the "Creeping death" on Solaris city with a LRM-15 exclusive Summoner. Why everybody choses Solaris city thinking there could be no lurming?! There are only two maps where one could not lurm (or not worth): Grim portico and Vitric forge, both are for FP, so, dear QP-fans, there is no place to run and hide because ALL QP MAPS ARE LURMING MAPS! And that is a fact...

Congrats to your achievement. Posted Image

Yesterday tested my new EBJ in FP. Cool lasboat, deal damage well and more durable than the Hellbringer or the Timberwolf (perhaps it is a size\profile stuff). It were a long time since I were part of a won siege on the attacker side. Felt good albeit I am still not the player who influence the most, got no kill just a KMDD and lots of kill assists. But remained alive and combat-capable at least.

The Cauldron-Born is a pretty solid 'Mech.

#45 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 05:40 PM

I not meant...

Go watch it mate. DO IT NA-O ;D

It's seriously a great movie. I mean, the original will always have a special place in my heart; the Toto-Soundtrack is superb, it's got those great looking "original" worms and I really like the look and feel of it.
yet (and I don't say this lightly) it has *cough* some problems that I can't overlook.

the 2000~ish miniseries did way better in terms of storytelling the whole thing/mess, but suffers on the budget end (effects, etc mainly).
"Childen of dune" the same, though both the effects are better and storytelling is even better - a great show.

but man, this new movie..
it has it's flaws, too. I don't agree with quite a few of the designs they pull for the various troops, for example, but it's such
a. great. movie.
great actors that deliver a well thought out plot, lavishly and beautiful desert-scenes, great effects - to me, it is the best 'version' of Dune as a movie, yet. and I'd say that seeing it in a cinema instead of a home-tv IS worth def. it. Posted Image

btw: if you're a desert-rat, too and you haven't got it: go and watch/buy jodorowsky's dune at home some time.
it's a totally different 'vision' to what we are used to and it's really inspiring.

“Bless the Maker and His water.
Bless the coming and going of Him.
May His passage cleanse the world.
May He keep the world for His people. ”

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 11 December 2021 - 05:45 PM.

#46 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 December 2021 - 10:43 AM

Today were interesting to play 9:00 to 11.00 local time (CET)...

First I met a strange JVN build what had only missile launchers (I thought those are single-shot weapons) what damn hurts. It killed my Hatamoto with a single blow from behind while I duelled with a Supernova. I knew there is a Javelin in my back as well as two teammates whom fired on it. I thought a few shots in the back I could bear while finish my target so, no worries... BUMM! I got killed instantly. I hope I would not met this build often, albeit watch my back could help a lot. But I were unaware...

Second. I got killed by ammo explosion on a mech I equipped with CASE. I were sure CASE mitigates such troubles so it were a complete surprise. Ammo explosion were the cause and not the name of the pilot who killed me because the message board given the enemy pilots name who made the killing blow on me. I think, it seems, we must be careful and not trust in CASE...

The cockpits of my Victor, Executioner and Hatamoto were displayed tilt about 15 degree clockwise. Interesting. Reallocate some armour on them solved this strange graphical glitch. Still interesting. I wonder what the hell caused the display tilt...

Also I managed to gather enough money for a WHM2c I equipped with 4 HLL and an LRM20. It works the same way as my 4xERPPC EXE-prime just switched JJs for LRM to have some indirect pressure power. I made this build because the 4xERPPC EXE works so fine for me that I thought I try something with lasers (interesting fact that I s**k with lasboats). I played only one match with it but the design worked well.

#47 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 11:26 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 19 December 2021 - 10:43 AM, said:

First I met a strange JVN build what had only missile launchers (I thought those are single-shot weapons) what damn hurts. It killed my Hatamoto with a single blow from behind while I duelled with a Supernova. I knew there is a Javelin in my back as well as two teammates whom fired on it. I thought a few shots in the back I could bear while finish my target so, no worries... BUMM! I got killed instantly. I hope I would not met this build often, albeit watch my back could help a lot. But I were unaware...

I think that you met JVN-10P Javelin. It has only missile hardpoints and from your description it seems that the 'Mech was packed with multiple RLs. One shot, but a lot of damage. If they hit your rear CT, it hurts.

Second. I got killed by ammo explosion on a mech I equipped with CASE. I were sure CASE mitigates such troubles so it were a complete surprise. Ammo explosion were the cause and not the name of the pilot who killed me because the message board given the enemy pilots name who made the killing blow on me. I think, it seems, we must be careful and not trust in CASE...

CASE ensures that the internal explosion does not spread into the adjacent section. In case your ammo exploded in your side torso and you were running XL engine, that ammo explosion was contained by CASE and the explosion destroyed just that side torso ... and 3 engine slots.
Thus, your 'Mechs died.

Keep in mind that IS 'Mechs with XL engines have 3 slots in their side torsos.

The cockpits of my Victor, Executioner and Hatamoto were displayed tilt about 15 degree clockwise. Interesting. Reallocate some armour on them solved this strange graphical glitch. Still interesting. I wonder what the hell caused the display tilt...

Posted Image

Also I managed to gather enough money for a WHM2c I equipped with 4 HLL and an LRM20. It works the same way as my 4xERPPC EXE-prime just switched JJs for LRM to have some indirect pressure power. I made this build because the 4xERPPC EXE works so fine for me that I thought I try something with lasers (interesting fact that I s**k with lasboats). I played only one match with it but the design worked well.

Have fun!

#48 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 30 January 2022 - 12:26 PM

OK. I thought so far such things just do not exists...

But, yet it does!

I got a match where noone had AMS and ECM! What do you think it means an SNV-A with 4xLRM20s?
Well, now dream about more such matches :) Insta-heaven feel for the win!

#49 ghostrider

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 07:15 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 April 2021 - 07:30 AM, said:

The result? 38 damage done and only 22 score... Noone could done worse than this, even if I challenge you all to do...

I once did 1...ONE damage in a Fafnir..farmed by a single small pulse flea...so whatever!

#50 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 February 2022 - 09:25 AM

View Postghostrider, on 02 February 2022 - 07:15 PM, said:

I once did 1...ONE damage in a Fafnir..farmed by a single small pulse flea...so whatever!

See, even I have much to learn...

btw

Yesterday were such a day again. First I chosen my Vulcan (I am really bad with it but play it time to time for skilling) and were on my way to kill a Corsair to decimate it's other leg when black screen...
... An error occured: Server connection lost...
Just clicked on it to dismiss the message...
...Blue screen death, PC restart...
I were in the mood and dropped with my Stormcrow driven by sheer frenzy thanks for the kind screens of black and blue. Killed a Marauder 2, a King crab and a Warhammer and almost finished an Atlas. To bad that only me and another teammate remained against four enemy mechs. The end result were 9:12 where three kills were mine but my PSR dropped.
Not helped much for my mood albeit love my Stormcrow (2x cMPLs, 2x cSRM6, 1x cLB10X). Now I start to think that I need to make myself into a frenzy, wrathful state since my best results are achieved when my mind covered by the red fog...

#51 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 07 April 2022 - 09:06 AM

So yesterday almost did it. Almost got the Johny Five... I piloted my SNV-A (4xcLRM20s + 4xcMedPulses). First solo kill were another SNV I lurmed into oblivion with DLOS (got a hit in cockpit but survived). Then peppered some mechs as fire support to help my team. Then only me and a team mate remained. I killed three more mechs with my lasers and duelled with the fourth (the fifth would-be kill) when disaster! I triggered my weapons to finish off my opponent but nothing happened?! The enemy successfully captured our base... Frustrated a bit that one shot needed for the old Johny's Five kills trick... But at the end I got a rather good summary:
Posted Image

If someone may think this is usual for me, well, no. The previous games (4) were all losses with an overall 2 KMDD and an average score of ~120. So this last match were played in my "frenzy state" when I could accomplish surprisingly well (just rarely happen)...

#52 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 09:46 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 07 April 2022 - 09:06 AM, said:

I triggered my weapons to finish off my opponent but nothing happened?!

What do you mean?

View PostDuke Falcon, on 07 April 2022 - 09:06 AM, said:

Frustrated a bit that one shot needed for the old Johny's Five kills trick...

Do not worry. I am sure that you will get that achievement in one of your future games.

#53 Zeddicuus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 10:09 AM

Damn man so close! The Johnny 5 one isn't an easy one to go after, at least for me hahaha. I came close with a KFX-C using 2 large Heavy Lasers with 4 kills but someone got the finishing blow on my fifth.

#54 Dormaus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 11:24 AM

Today were interesting to play 9:00 to 11.00 local time (CET)...

It's possible you had a run into my M*A*S*H JVN, runs in, dumps rocket 120 into someones back then promptly explodes.
Anyone who gets why I call it M*A*S*H gets a cookie.

#55 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 April 2022 - 07:51 AM

View PostDormaus, on 07 April 2022 - 11:24 AM, said:

It's possible you had a run into my M*A*S*H JVN, runs in, dumps rocket 120 into someones back then promptly explodes.
Anyone who gets why I call it M*A*S*H gets a cookie.

No. It were not you. The one got me ran away albeit had no ammo and weapons left (at the end in the result "he" had 1 kill and 120 dmg dealt overall but survived the battle)...

#56 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 09:26 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 April 2022 - 07:51 AM, said:

No. It were not you. The one got me ran away albeit had no ammo and weapons left (at the end in the result "he" had 1 kill and 120 dmg dealt overall but survived the battle)...

Running light 'Mechs armed with RLs can be fun every now and then, but usually I prefer arming my light 'Mechs with weapons with more lasting ammo supply.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users