• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,489 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:48 PM

Any tips on how to get headshot, besides "just aim"?

1. So getting opponent's head destroyed count as headshot?

2. If I use Snub PPC that destroy the head cockpit, but also damaging the CT with the same shot, would it still count as a headshot?

3. Finally, I'm aware of where the cockpit hitbox for headshots, as below:
https://mwomercs.com...-localization-2

- - - - - - - - - - -
I've been back playing MWO now, and am horrified that I've only got 14 headshots under Home>>Achievements, which means I get just under 1x headshot per month !!

Not so sure if I can get my headshot for this Trick-or-Treat accolade...

Edited by w0qj, 15 October 2021 - 09:49 PM.

#2 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 15 October 2021 - 11:29 PM

#3 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 11:34 PM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 15 October 2021 - 11:29 PM, said:

Yes, The Beef was a guru at headshots. Actually the Mech Master of MWO. Do not see him anymore.

Edited by GuardDogg, 15 October 2021 - 11:36 PM.

#4 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 12:01 AM

Well yeah tier4 that flamer thingy should work pretty often, other than that dual heavy gauss is pretty good at it or any other high enough frontloaded damage.

#5 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 01:41 AM

It depend on the torso and how many hardpoints, in theory a large pulse laser and a a heavy gauss be working out.
Shots on the head tend to happen when you cross over the head with a laser than when pinpointing and the higher amount of hits who are rechecked for a head shot is higher likely to hit the head, at least what the results were showing in the testing field.

Flamers cheese the chances to hit the head as shown in the video and flamers can as well be used to hit the head,
if the goal is to only register a critical hit. Flamers are part of energy/beam weapons category and uncertain on how critical shots are made when using flamers.

In practice dual heavy guass shouldn't be working or something I don't know about? Because every time you shoot at the part who is the head you check for a hit registration and it is likely the case that dual heavy gauss is hitting hard on the center torso and gauss has nothing to do with hitting the head because technically you could had stacked anything higher than 2 and it would had higher amount of chances to hit the head. Instead of using dual gauss try using only one heavy gauss because what makes gauss better at it is that it has higher critical chances to destroy a module.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,716 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 October 2021 - 01:55 AM

View Postw0qj, on 15 October 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

Any tips on how to get headshot, besides "just aim"?
Get a fast medium or a light and go hunting enemy spawns for disconnected / AFK mechs, then cleaning up ones that were shut down in battle. It's a dezgra tactic, no argument, but it works. Pulse lasers and ermicros recommended for short burn time, ECM helpful but not required.

1. So getting opponent's head destroyed count as headshot?
Yes.

2. If I use Snub PPC that destroy the head cockpit, but also damaging the CT with the same shot, would it still count as a headshot?
As long as it's the cockpit destruction that kills the mech, AFAIK.

I've been back playing MWO now, and am horrified that I've only got 14 headshots under Home>>Achievements, which means I get just under 1x headshot per month !!
I average one for every 67 hours or so played.

Edited by Horseman, 16 October 2021 - 01:56 AM.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:27 AM

Headshot secured!

Posted Image

#8 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:00 AM

Many thanks for everyone's input!

Got myself Wolfhound Grinner WLF-GR (35ton Light), and got my headshot:
ECM + Stealth Armor + Endo
LE220 (goes 101.8 kph)
5xMPL

The Standard Variants of Wolfhound will also (those got 6x Energy hardpoints!!).

The point is, Wolfhound is tall enough to get a relatively easier headshot, goes fast enough too Posted Image

Thank You for everyone's input!!

Edited by w0qj, 16 October 2021 - 08:13 AM.

#9 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:05 AM

Sean Lang makes headshots look so easy! :)

http://mwomercs.com/...-for-the-laughs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdlOCPDiU08

Edited by w0qj, 16 October 2021 - 08:07 AM.

#10 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:15 AM

View Postcaravann, on 16 October 2021 - 01:41 AM, said:

In practice dual heavy guass shouldn't be working or something I don't know about? Because every time you shoot at the part who is the head you check for a hit registration and it is likely the case that dual heavy gauss is hitting hard on the center torso and gauss has nothing to do with hitting the head because technically you could had stacked anything higher than 2 and it would had higher amount of chances to hit the head. Instead of using dual gauss try using only one heavy gauss because what makes gauss better at it is that it has higher critical chances to destroy a module.

Wait what? Do I missunderstand what you are saying.
In practice 50 damages to head is a kill, nothing to do with crits n stuff.
1 HGR doesn't kill with full head armor, dual gauss doesn't kill with full head armor.
Full hitpoints with maxed out skilltree seems to be 38 to 39 armor and structure total.

#11 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 October 2021 - 09:56 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 15 October 2021 - 11:34 PM, said:

Yes, The Beef was a guru at headshots. Actually the Mech Master of MWO. Do not see him anymore.

Nah Dimento was /is the King of Head shots. not sure if he still plays.

Didn't use gimic's like the Nova, his prefered platfrom was the twin Guass King Crab, passed the hundred mark years ago.

Last I talked it was over 250 if memory serves me right, I think he had some crazy target like 1000, he seemed on target for it.
I wonder if it was ever Achieved .

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 10:35 AM

solaris. esp div1.

annihilators are very easy to head shot, especially with 4 ac10s or a pair of ac20s on another annihilator.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 October 2021 - 10:36 AM.

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 October 2021 - 11:02 AM

View Postw0qj, on 16 October 2021 - 08:05 AM, said:

He's got a good internet connection, has lowered his mouse sensitivity all the way, and he practices, practices, practices. Plus yeah, compilation videos make it look easy.

For the rest of us, know your mech hitboxes and where to strike. Pick the most commonly seen mechs out of this list and memorize to the best of your ability... https://mwomercs.com...localization-2/

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 12:19 PM

definitely solaris, got it on the first try.

#15 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 12:34 PM

Just poked an Atlas in the eye....

#16 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 02:42 PM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 16 October 2021 - 12:34 PM, said:

Just poked an Atlas in the eye....

And that's why I named my Atlas "Curly". Nyuk, nyuk.

Posted Image

#17 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 07:17 AM

If you see an atlas, it is probably the easiest head hitbox to know off the top of your head. I only have a few headshots, but half of them are probably Atlases (Atli?)

#18 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 04:40 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 15 October 2021 - 11:29 PM, said:

View PostGuardDogg, on 15 October 2021 - 11:34 PM, said:

View PostC E Dwyer, on 16 October 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

Nah Dimento was /is the King of Head shots. not sure if he still plays.

Didn't use gimic's like the Nova, his prefered platfrom was the twin Guass King Crab, passed the hundred mark years ago.

Last I talked it was over 250 if memory serves me right, I think he had some crazy target like 1000, he seemed on target for it.
I wonder if it was ever Achieved .

People... Do any of you realize that between the three of yourselves, you are essentially actively asking and begging for "The B33F" to come out of hiding with a Headshot Montage Video constructed from a barrage of matches which he could easily have silently played during the last month or so? You are seeking an extremely dangerous thing here, and all just merely by mentioning his name. :o

~D. V. "One must not speak of 'The B33F' if one does not truthfully seek their emergence." Devnull

(p.s.: While my style of wording with this post may have humorous intent, there is as equally a chance that my words do not fall far from the truth.)

#19 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:16 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 October 2021 - 04:40 AM, said:

People... Do any of you realize that between the three of yourselves, you are essentially actively asking and begging for "The B33F" to come out of hiding with a Headshot Montage Video constructed from a barrage of matches which he could easily have silently played during the last month or so? You are seeking an extremely dangerous thing here, and all just merely by mentioning his name. Posted Image

~D. V. "One must not speak of 'The B33F' if one does not truthfully seek their emergence." Devnull

(p.s.: While my style of wording with this post may have humorous intent, there is as equally a chance that my words do not fall far from the truth.)

Well it IS almost Halloween. Speak his name 3 times in a mirror and he might feature you getting embarrassingly pwned in a video!

#20 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:19 AM

I just was searching video about Long Tom, then look about nova with flamers. I found Beef style much interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users