54 replies to this topic

#41 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:28 PM

Or ***** could just not be ***** and stop drop camping. Not everyone does it, so we know it's possible not to be a ****...

#42 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 02:11 AM

If u outskill the enemy to hard, it will 9/10 end in spawn camp. Simply because u want to end it fast and weaker team not leaving spawn (feeling secure)

#43 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:29 AM

A game, Conqueror's Blade (something like like a mmo version of Mount and Blade series) solves this issue with colored transparent Wall barriers that allow the spawned players to be protected as they come to battle and they can shoot through them any approaching spawn campers. I know it sounds super arcade-styled solution but it works there.

#44 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:49 PM

View PostAlexandros, on 08 May 2021 - 05:29 AM, said:

A game, Conqueror's Blade (something like like a mmo version of Mount and Blade series) solves this issue with colored transparent Wall barriers that allow the spawned players to be protected as they come to battle and they can shoot through them any approaching spawn campers. I know it sounds super arcade-styled solution but it works there.

How does it force to leave? The real problem in spawn camp is not the camp but the hiding in spawn. I rarely play bigger than 4 man group and can't remember my last spawn camp.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 08 May 2021 - 12:54 PM.

#45 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:10 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 08 May 2021 - 12:49 PM, said:

How does it force to leave? The real problem in spawn camp is not the camp but the hiding in spawn. I rarely play bigger than 4 man group and can't remember my last spawn camp.

The enemy simply cannot enter the colored area the army respawns it is blocked as I mentioned by colored transparent walls that you can see through. You cant enter and harm the spawning players but they can in case you try to camp.

Edited by Alexandros, 08 May 2021 - 05:10 PM.

#46 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:14 AM

Bad design. Players will just sit in spawn 30 mins. GG

Like I said, how does it force the guys out of their own spawn.
That said, between even team s an attack vs the spawn might be a valid strategy. Again it is your job to prevent the enemy from doing so (keeping the path blocked / support team mates asap).

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 09 May 2021 - 12:18 AM.

#47 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:35 AM

View PostAlexandros, on 08 May 2021 - 05:10 PM, said:

The enemy simply cannot enter the colored area the army respawns it is blocked as I mentioned by colored transparent walls that you can see through. You cant enter and harm the spawning players but they can in case you try to camp.

Okay, you seem to be under a misunderstanding. The act of camping is when you go into the woods, pitch a tent and stay there. "Spawn camping" therefore is when you drop into a match, pitch your metaphorical tent, and stay there. It is a problem. People do it, then die because others dropped to fight, found them, won the fight, and wanted to keep fighting.

You seem to be trying to address when a spawn is overrun, which is a problem caused by players dying at their spawn, usually because they choose to fight there, sometimes because they engaged a united team piecemeal and got torn apart without getting much damage in. We already covered this a page back. The trick to not being overrun is to push 'W'. Move into engagement.

'W' for the win. 'S' to spawn camp.

Your 'solution' is literally to make the problem worse. The more comfy you make the spawn, the less likely people will leave it.

~Leone.

#48 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 May 2021 - 01:06 PM

View PostLeone, on 09 May 2021 - 10:35 AM, said:

Okay, you seem to be under a misunderstanding. The act of camping is when you go into the woods, pitch a tent and stay there. "Spawn camping" therefore is when you drop into a match, pitch your metaphorical tent, and stay there. It is a problem. People do it, then die because others dropped to fight, found them, won the fight, and wanted to keep fighting.

You seem to be trying to address when a spawn is overrun, which is a problem caused by players dying at their spawn, usually because they choose to fight there, sometimes because they engaged a united team piecemeal and got torn apart without getting much damage in. We already covered this a page back. The trick to not being overrun is to push 'W'. Move into engagement.

'W' for the win. 'S' to spawn camp.

Your 'solution' is literally to make the problem worse. The more comfy you make the spawn, the less likely people will leave it.

~Leone.

Relax I meantioned an idea that works for another game- I didnt say IT IS THE BEST IDEA : "dont shoot." If you have something better to provide do it. I also forgot to mention that on that game it has 3 Marked huge zones (like the spawn zone) that need to be contested in order to advance, If you stay on spawn point you get LITERALLY NOTHING

Edited by Alexandros, 09 May 2021 - 01:09 PM.

#49 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 01:58 PM

But it doesn't sound like it works at all. From what I read it sounded like it rewarded not moving out of your spawn. But yes, something like doing no damage when you're within your drop zone would incentivize moving out, but at the point at which it comes to that, I feel like it's a bit much because then you get scared pilots sitting in their spawn, helpless, whilst ravenous falcons sit just outside, waiting for them to emerge. Besides, getting overrun when you do that should already be incentive enough.

Alright, if you want something better than fancy shields that wouldn't fit the world how bout...

Rather'n the assault an skirmish modes you do a 4 waves full team drops and on the fourth wave reinforce with every surviving mech from the first three? Of course, that'll just make looking for that last trolling raven even more annoying since they'll be able to do it four drops inna row, and would take waay too much time on larger maps like polar highlands.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 09 May 2021 - 03:18 PM.

#50 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 09:45 PM

i say spawn players in a area with a lot of cover and multiple exits, this area would have a boundary crossing all the exits. give spawning players a time limit to cross the boundry. failure to do so would result in them getting destroyed. perhaps they drop a daisy cutter to clear the drop zone prior to landing (i believe this was done in the vietnam war to clear landing zones for helicopters). the multiple exits and cover gives players an unpredictable exit location, so no one location can be camped in force. the spawn location is a death zone, if you are in there when the daisy cutter goes off, you die, its as simple as that.

there is also the ac20 bunker concept. mechs spawn in a crater, with exit points all around. there are several dual ac20 turrets up on towers. for the spawning side, if you do not leave the crater within a time limit, you are declared a coward and shot by your own turrets. if you are the enemy you stay out because those turrets will kill you. again multiple exits prevent camping in force at any one exit.

of course both these things would require map changes and would never be done. perhaps stick an artilliary piece near the drop zone, its range carefully selected to cover an area around the drop where a transition into cover can occur. the splashy nature of the arty will encourage players to clear the area. just use the long tom code.

#51 Kaukas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 05:00 AM

hello all, i go to enemy spawn sometimes - because claners doit also , and if a whole enemy lance atacks your spawn and if u drop alone its definitely no chance to survive in slow mech - but its game about war and like i said many times in other forum topics about this game - there are no rules in war and in bed - and people always gona come up with new ideas how to weaken enemy team.

my idea how to make spawn atacking more dificult and have more chance to survive alone if enemy lance atacks your spawn - is to make spawn surrounded by turrents on ground and change spawn points to better defensive positions on map - to make this more realistic lets say few dropships drop autonomous turrents on ground at same time when first mechdrop happens.

would be great if we had mines near spawn points that are triggered buy enemy mechs and are safe for friendly mechs - this way every team would have relatively safe area where they can hide and have more defensive position if enemy is overwhelming them and they can make a last stand in that position - in order to clear the mine field u gona need to destroy mines and that will take time - but problem is its new item and no idea if pgi is ready to start FW development and inventing new items ;(

anyway Russ said they gona look into FW development later this year so not much time left for that glorious day to come Posted Image then we need to inform them about all great ideas we have - for now i think noone from pgi really reads those FW forum topics ;(

and one more thing - if pgi can do development with only existing assets - then mabe make one dropship patroling spawn all the time - make all 3 spawns in one place and make one dropship come and go after some period of time - same like we had dropship waiting in scouting - dropship uses all its ammo and leave the area and new one comes after some time - mabe would be good idea to add some roket turents on dropship.

and probably good thing to have anouncement like "base atacked by enemy - dropship area atacked by enemy" - this way rest of team will know that someone is in spawn and mabe will help those people that are ambushed in spawn .

Edited by Kaukas, 10 May 2021 - 07:25 AM.

#52 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:19 AM

All your ideas make the respawn an even more attractive area to neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever leave again if 1st wave gone south, u see evil premade...
Then after evil premade made their way through turret mines... we are back to spawn camp.
Simply leave and u never get camped! Problem are just some qp maps, that put the spawn in a low ground like idiot caustic valley.

Problem is not leaving the respawn! If the enemy can push your spawn with a hole lance, then they made a good move and your team let them do so.

#53 Kaukas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:00 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 10 May 2021 - 06:19 AM, said:

All your ideas make the respawn an even more attractive area to neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever leave again if 1st wave gone south, u see evil premade...
Then after evil premade made their way through turret mines... we are back to spawn camp.
Simply leave and u never get camped! Problem are just some qp maps, that put the spawn in a low ground like idiot caustic valley.

Problem is not leaving the respawn! If the enemy can push your spawn with a hole lance, then they made a good move and your team let them do so.

hi,  i  dont  have  problem  with  spawn  camping  - but  some  people  do  so  i  just  trying  to  give  mu  opinion  on  that  topic  

i  say  from  my  experience  - when  u  alone  drop  with  new  mech  and  there  is  4  enemy  mechs  waiting  for  u  its  not  much  fun  because  u  know  whats  gona  happen  soon https://static.mwomercs.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png but  at  same  time  when  u  ambush  enemy  spawn  and  u  find  lonely  juicy direwolf droping  alone  it makes  u  smile  ;D

when  u  ask  for  help  and  your  team  ignors  u  -  and  enemy  lance  destroy  all  your  dropdeck  and  few  other  players  dropdecks  that  is  no  fun  but  its  reality  of  war  https://static.mwomercs.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png so that  just  shows  that  your  team  has  no  teamwork .

but  at  same  time if  u  have  good  defence  in  spawn and  u  loosing  badly  -  enemy  farming  your  team  -  that  spawn  can  be  good  place  for  last  stand  and  even  if  u  loosing  badly  on  open  ground  u  can  still  manage  to  destroy  few  enemy  mechs  if  they  approach your  spawn point  -  so  if  all  hope  is  gone  then  mabe  stay  in  spawn  and  make  defencive  fire  line  is  good  thing -  because outside u  gona die instantly

and i had matches on  boreal atack where people  never went outside gates and  not even  started to open them- they where hiding almost in spawn and claners needed to atack us jumping inside - those kind  of  matches  happen in  pugdrops and u  cant  do anything about it - its disaster for me personally but im  not the only  one who thinks - better die attaking then die from old age hiding in  basement - but its no fun  for enemy team too - so making spawn better defended wit turents and mines  would  be  more interesting for  good strong team to atack  pugs hiding in spawn and pugs gona  have  more bravery when  they  know  that  enemy will be  more damaged  when  they  reach  them.

but there is  other  option  - make spawn points  outside  map area - out  of  bounds - u  drop lets  say  in some  area  defended  by force shield generator  and your  weapons  are  disabled  because  u  can  damage friendly  shield - and  enemy  cant  hit  u  because  u  protected  by  shield  generator - u  walk  outside  that  are  and  u  cant  goback  because  its  out  of  bounds and  time  goes same  way  like  now  when  u  go  out  of  bounds.
and  in  order  to  avoid  of  shield abuse  -  people  will  get  message displayed  " u  need  to  move towards  battleground  or  u  gona  be  court marshaled  -  and  if  people  stay too  long  inside  shielded  are  they  mech  will  be  destroyed  buy  fireing  squad that  can  be  few  turents  inside  shielded perimeter Posted Image or buy   friendly dropship - disconects  will  have  some  time  to  comeback  if  its  posible  to  make  inside  game  - but  if  its  imposible  then  no  idea  how  to  deal  with  disconected  players .  

i  hope  pgi  will  use  some  resources for  FW DEVELOPMENT  - and  hope  they  make  special place  on  forum  where  they  read  our  ideas  , because  now  its  no  proof  that  someone  from  pgi  reads  this  topic  and  most  likely  where  just  talking  to  eachother   https://static.mwomercs.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

Russ  said  about  9  months  from  that  development  anouncement  to  FW development  start -  4  months  left  https://static.mwomercs.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

Edited by Kaukas, 10 May 2021 - 11:23 PM.

#54 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 01 June 2021 - 11:38 AM

30 second turrets in drop zone. They only activate each drop and then only for 30 seconds. Make them really nasty, say rapid fire ac20, heck naval rapid ac20. No one is going to want to go farm droppers with those. And if the dropper just wants to camp after 30 seconds attackers can push in.

Also hear the shrinking circle shield. Starts each drop covering entire drop zone, condenses inwards and by say 15 seconds or 30 its gone till next drop. Attackers cannot hit droppers until the shield compacts.

Question as always is PGI and their history of ignoring the community or inability to program

#55 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:11 PM

Incorrect. I will continue to push 'w' and engage until destroyed. All your turrets'll do is steal more kills from the opfor, just like the dropships currently do. If my team has overrun the enemy drop zone then we're winning, and trading in for a fresh mech is prolly a good plan anyways. As for the shrinking circle idea, I'm not seeing that do anything but allow me to jockey for position whilst the campers panic as the circle shrinks. Unless they can shoot me whilst in the bubble, in which case you're just delaying the problem.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users