63 replies to this topic

#21 James Hawker

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:31 PM

View PostLucky Noob, on 22 April 2021 - 08:54 PM, said:

i am in the same Boat, sold the non special variants for the nice Mechbays.Posted Image

A lot of us are. I already emailed support about some purchases I made the evening of the patch release to kit out my new mechs, and now I'm having to email them AGAIN to refund the mech sale. I have 8.5 million C-bills, thank god, but... Still.

Daeron, Matt, or whoever else, can I make one, single plea? Please, please roadmap these events beforehand. I would have waited to kit out the mechs until the sale started, and I wouldn't have sold my normal DRG-1G until after the event had run if I'd known about this stuff beforehand. Right now, it's paying off to NOT play the game early. If support doesn't get back to me and allow me to refund that DRG-1G sale, I'm going to be made to buy a second Stryker pack just to do the event through to completion. And sure, that's great, bunch more cockpit items and everything else, but... $20 just to participate in an event that I'd qualified for beforehand? That feels awful.

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 April 2021 - 10:30 PM

Just posting as customer feedback:

As a customer who had already bought this Stryker Booster Pack:

1) In the future, please do not require the Standard Variant victor accolades to unlock the bonus in this Event.
ie: Require *only* the Special Variants to unlock the bonuses.

Reason: I had almost deleted the DRG-1G Standard Variant, and also almost deleted the TDR-10SE Standard Variant, to use these MechBay x2 !
(Also: there is no way to get back these Standard Variants DRG-1G & TDR-10SE, as not on sale for CBills yet.
And you cannot buy the Stryker Pack a 2nd time!!)

2) How about one sub-event bonus for players who did not buy this Stryker Booster Pack, to keep them interested?
Something like, "Earn 10 Victories" to get 50MC Posted Image
Something like, get 50 MC for killing DRG-1G(S) and TDR-10SE(S)? Posted Image

3) It might be impossible to buy/gift the Stryker Booster Pack a second time, even if you want to. (!)

Look under this webpage: [Profile]>>[PreOrder]
It will show Stryker Booster Pack as "Complete", and perhaps maybe probably it might be impossible to buy/gift the Stryker Booster Pack a second time. (I hope that is not the case, for your sake...)

View PostJames Hawker, on 22 April 2021 - 09:31 PM, said:

A lot of us are. I already emailed support about some purchases I made the evening of the patch release to kit out my new mechs, and now I'm having to email them AGAIN to refund the mech sale. I have 8.5 million C-bills, thank god, but... Still.

Daeron, Matt, or whoever else, can I make one, single plea? Please, please roadmap these events beforehand. I would have waited to kit out the mechs until the sale started, and I wouldn't have sold my normal DRG-1G until after the event had run if I'd known about this stuff beforehand. Right now, it's paying off to NOT play the game early. If support doesn't get back to me and allow me to refund that DRG-1G sale, I'm going to be made to buy a second Stryker pack just to do the event through to completion. And sure, that's great, bunch more cockpit items and everything else, but... $20 just to participate in an event that I'd qualified for beforehand? That feels awful.

Edited by w0qj, 22 April 2021 - 11:55 PM.

#23 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:52 PM

Same issue here. I sold the standard mech variants of the Stryker pack.

I guess the simplest solution for PGI would be to modify the Event challenges for the Cockpit items. Perhaps to some other Dragon and Thunderbolt variants.

#24 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:57 PM

View PostKaLaM80 Squish, on 22 April 2021 - 08:41 PM, said:

This is the kind of event that NEEDS to be announced on the same day as the release...because I stripped my extra (non-S) mechs and sold them off for scrap just before going to bed, and then when I woke up in the morning, lo and behold, I needed them for an exclusive event.
Disappointed does not really cover it.

View Postw0qj, on 22 April 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

(...)
1) In the future, please do not require the Standard Variant victor accolades to unlock the bonus in this Event.
ie: Require *only* the Special Variants to unlock the bonuses.

Reason: I had almost deleted the DRG-1G Standard Variant, and also almost deleted the TDR-10SE Standard Variant, to use these MechBay x2 !
(Also: there is no way to get back these Standard Variants DRG-1G & TDR-10SE, as not on sale for CBills yet.
And you cannot buy the Stryker Pack a 2nd time!!)

I'm so glad I've didn't scuttled my non-S variants, just stripped them, because I knew that this kind of event will happen.

View PostBlitztooth, on 22 April 2021 - 06:49 PM, said:

Please drop the non-S variant requirements!

seems like the easiest solution, but I have no idea how hard it is to edit an event once posted..

This kind of event seems like a great move for promoting this type of new mech release.
It's a good way to reward the community for spending our moneys to support PGI

After making these month-long, I can finally say that I appreciate the events. If only my laptop stops to troll me with massive FPS drop and horizontal wobbling of cockpit...

View Postw0qj, on 22 April 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

2) How about one sub-event bonus for players who did not buy this Stryker Booster Pack, to keep them interested?
Something like, "Earn 10 Victories" to get 50MC Posted Image
Something like, get 50 MC for killing DRG-1G(S) and TDR-10SE(S)? Posted Image
(...)

I recall that PGI did such events for everybody, like with Clan Packs. Idk why they stopped.

Edited by Ch_R0me, 23 April 2021 - 12:01 AM.

#25 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:23 AM

I love the new thunderbolt and it is fun with an event that allow me to use TDR-10SE(S) and earn some extra stuff.
Much appreciated.

#26 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:31 AM

Being burned ages ago, so learned my lession, even I knew don't delete the space poor versions until after a release event....

Edited by CycKath, 23 April 2021 - 03:32 AM.

#27 6yxapb

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:14 AM

Facepalm.....event for donaters only. Facepalm. Nice politics. Game starving of new players, but you making event "not for everyone", for what? Just for money? Facepalm. Better make your game stop stupidly crushing when pressing alt+tab(when even ctrl+f4 cant help and task manager wont opening, just black screen and game cursor) and make adequate balance to stop idiotic lose series and 12-1/12-0 matches, which proving im right.

#28 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 07:12 AM

No sell. Only buy.

#29 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:28 AM

Nice Mechs, several new Mechs in game, armor not built up yet...Target Practice...

#30 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:43 AM

View Postmetallio, on 23 April 2021 - 07:12 AM, said:

No sell. Only buy.

I don't even know how to sell a mech. Now if I could sell cockpit items ... Posted Image

#31 AndyDeMan

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:52 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 22 April 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

Woot!

Yeah great event if you have not got the mechs to do at all and not even the trail to run it

#32 GM Patience

Senior Customer Service Agent

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:09 AM

Hi everyone, please get in touch with us if you sold your standard variants.

accounts@mwomercs.com

#33 CJ Davion

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:22 AM

Thanks, GM Patience! Will do!

#34 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:42 AM

View PostAndyDeMan, on 23 April 2021 - 08:52 AM, said:

Yeah great event if you have not got the mechs to do at all and not even the trail to run it

I mean, this is what they tend to do with new mech packs. They did it with the Dervish and Rifleman IIC (last mechs added). It is basically a carrot for players who haven't bought and for ones who did it is an extra thank you.

#35 imhoopjones

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:55 AM

Events like this are cool and appreciated but much like the trial mech challenge of the MAD-CAT IIB event I dislike needing to win with new and unskilled mechs. It seems extremely random and potentially grindy at times trying to win in t1 with an unskilled mech (I don't see why I would dump GSP into the standard variant)

Edited by imhoopjones, 23 April 2021 - 09:55 AM.

#36 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:59 AM

View Postimhoopjones, on 23 April 2021 - 09:55 AM, said:

Events like this are cool and appreciated but much like the trial mech challenge of the MAD-CAT IIB event I dislike needing to win with new and unskilled mechs. It seems extremely random and potentially grindy at times trying to win in t1 with an unskilled mech (I don't see why I would dump GSP into the standard variant)

You need 1 win, 1 kill, and 500 damage. And you get 25 GSP out of 1 of those. Hardly seems grindy if you can do it in 1 match.

#37 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:53 PM

Man getting 5 wins in that Dragon is brutal.. Its not a good mech. The Thunderbolt is a lot better.

#38 TK Romero

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:26 PM

Well like many others, also sold my non-S variants. Thanks PGI for making good on this and allowing people to contact support to get those mechs back for the event. (I won't be personally)

Like others have mentioned, would be better to not limit an event to a special, non-special, champion, etc. Wanted to also note that some people may spend C-Bills (I know we got several million with the pack) on Endo Steel and Double Heatsinks on the Grand Dragon to make a better build and get the event done. Then sell it afterwards for C-Bills and a mechbay losing out (potentially) on the invested C-bills.

Speaking of getting the event done! Please consider not pay walling events and putting up required mechs as temporary trial mechs to still participate and earn the rewards. (Edit) I completely understand the incentive to award the people who are helping finance the game, mainly thinking about those who would miss out on event prizes for not being part of a select group.

Lastly, digging the hand in hand event with a new mech pack. Well done!

Edited by TK Romero, 27 April 2021 - 12:34 PM.

#39 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:32 PM

View Post6yxapb, on 23 April 2021 - 06:14 AM, said:

Facepalm.....event for donaters only. Facepalm. Nice politics. Game starving of new players, but you making event "not for everyone", for what? Just for money?

This event is for people who bought the Stryker Pack. If they bought it, this is PGI's way of saying thanks and giving back to them. This has nothing to do with politics, it's just gratitude towards Stryker buyers. This has always been tradition whenever PGI has made new mechpacks. If you bought it, this is a "thanks" to you, if not, then oh well. Complaining about this is pretty stupid when you choose not to buy it out of spite or entitlement issues.

Edited by Will9761, 24 April 2021 - 12:56 AM.

#40 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:44 PM

View PostGM Patience, on 23 April 2021 - 09:09 AM, said:

Hi everyone, please get in touch with us if you sold your standard variants.

accounts@mwomercs.com

As usual you Guys are top in Customer Suport Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users