• The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:29 PM

Hi TK Romero,

This is worth getting, and you may wish to get your Standard Variants back for:
In this Stryker Booster Pack Challenge Event, you get an additional two (2) items of +5% CBills Mag Pouch hanging cockpit items.
This is in additional the the pre-order two (2) items of +5% CBills Mag Pouch hanging cockpit items.
So you can have up to four (4) items of +5% CBills Mag Pouch hanging cockpit items, if you pre-order an complete this Stryker Booster Pack Challenge Event (Styke A Pose sub-event).

Four items is especially useful if you play Faction Play (FP) where you deploy 4 mechs!
These 4x Mag Pouch items can be equipped on either IS or Clan mechs by the way!

I've just received these above four (4) items myself, so this is speaking from experience--it's worth getting!!
For just US$20, it's unheard of prices for these +CBills bonus items!

View PostTK Romero, on 23 April 2021 - 04:26 PM, said:

Well like many others, also sold my non-S variants. Thanks PGI for making good on this and allowing people to contact support to get those mechs back for the event. (I won't be personally)

Like others have mentioned, would be better to not limit an event to a special, non-special, champion, etc. Wanted to also note that some people may spend C-Bills (I know we got several million with the pack) on Endo Steel and Double Heatsinks on the Grand Dragon to make a better build to get the event done and then sell it afterwards for C-Bills and a mechbay.

...Lastly, digging the hand in hand event with a new mech pack. Well done!

Edited by w0qj, 23 April 2021 - 11:24 PM.

#42 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:35 PM

Try Baradul's suggestion/video for DRG-1G, 3x Snub-PPC + MRM10.
It works VERY well Posted Image

Or: max out its Light Engine to 360, you can go 97 kph, and treat your mech as a fast Medium mech--but with the armour of a Heavy :)

P.S. - I personally still like the Thunderbolt TDR-10SE(S) better, ECM+MASC+JJ and lots of toys to play with Posted Image

View PostMechaGnome, on 23 April 2021 - 03:53 PM, said:

Man getting 5 wins in that Dragon is brutal.. Its not a good mech. The Thunderbolt is a lot better.

Edited by w0qj, 23 April 2021 - 10:45 PM.

#43 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 April 2021 - 11:39 PM

View PostMechaGnome, on 23 April 2021 - 03:53 PM, said:

Man getting 5 wins in that Dragon is brutal.. Its not a good mech. The Thunderbolt is a lot better.

the Dragon is maybe a little fragile but i don't think its a bad mech.
i think mine have 3x snub ppc, and 2x10 rocket on.
its important to max out the armor , and relocate some of the armor from the back to the front.
plus add armor in the still tree.

Edited by Flanking Boy, 24 April 2021 - 02:00 AM.

#44 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 April 2021 - 11:55 PM

i wanted to call some of you cry-baby's that sold your non s variant,
but when i realised, that all new players did not know how it use to be, since we did not had any new mech pack since the summer of 2019. (btw i think its great the PGI customer support, its helping people out here)

but it have all way been like this, that there are a event for player that bought the new mech pack.
sometimes there are things in those event for players that did not buy the package. but maybe the skip it this time because there is an other event where the main-price is a mech and a mech bay.

#45 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:53 AM

PGIs customer support was really helpful with sorting out the sold standard variants of the Stryker pack!

#46 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:05 AM

The good news, there's a new generation of new players buying these mech packs (including me--I almost sold my Standard Variants of Thunderbolt+Dragon).

Fresh blood for MWO, April'21 PST/Gulag/Cauldron patches; things are looking up!

View PostFlanking Boy, on 23 April 2021 - 11:55 PM, said:

i wanted to call some of you cry-baby's that sold your non s variant,
but when i realised, that all new players did not know how it use to be, since we did not had any new mech pack since the summer of 2019. (btw i think its great the PGI customer support, its helping people out here)

but it have all way been like this, that there are a event for player that bought the new mech pack.
sometimes there are things in those event for players that did not buy the package. but maybe the skip it this time because there is an other event where the main-price is a mech and a mech bay.

#47 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 04:25 AM

That's a GREAT forum signature; just used yours to make my own signature...
imitation is flattery, right? :)

View PostLockheed_, on 23 April 2021 - 10:46 PM, said:

Big thanks to the Cauldron for putting in all the work to make the game fun again!
Note to PGI: This is the direction I am happy to support and spend money on the game again. Keep this heading!

#48 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 April 2021 - 08:29 AM

View Postw0qj, on 24 April 2021 - 02:05 AM, said:

The good news, there's a new generation of new players buying these mech packs (including me--I almost sold my Standard Variants of Thunderbolt+Dragon).

Fresh blood for MWO, April'21 PST/Gulag/Cauldron patches; things are looking up!

yes its really great with new players :D
and its great that some buys these mech-pack, if the game don't generate any money it will for sure die.
and i also think that sometime when you played the game for a long time, you forget how hard it was to get C-bils and all the money you needed for mech and mech bays.
i have +200 mech many are with a full skill tree, so i don't use many c-bils, i have most of the engines and equipment so therefore my cbils just piling up (+370 millions c-bils).
so what i try to say, its very easy for us that play the game for a long time to do stuff and to keep our mech and equipment, where new players have a much harder time, i just forgot for a moment.

#49 Nomad5926

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:14 AM

Honestly, I am loving all the events and little "missions" they are adding to the game. It gives me something to do, and gives me a reason to play different mechs and such.

#50 Nekromanteia

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 24 April 2021 - 06:20 PM

How long did you guys have to wait after sending in a support ticket regarding the sold non-special variants? I've only gotten a reply on them receiving said support ticket w/o a timeframe of sorts.

::EDIT:: Forgot that it's the weekends, sorry PGI!

Edited by Nekromanteia, 24 April 2021 - 06:21 PM.

#51 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 339 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 25 April 2021 - 02:29 PM

Thanks guys, enjoyed it and have added the nice little bonus items to my standard versions... must say... the new 4 mechs with the April patch/weapons rebalance have definitely made them the favorites in my 600+ mech collection...

#52 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:50 AM

View PostBig-G, on 25 April 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

Thanks guys, enjoyed it and have added the nice little bonus items to my standard versions... must say... the new 4 mechs with the April patch/weapons rebalance have definitely made them the favorites in my 600+ mech collection...

Damn that was a lot :D
600+ it must be nearly all?

#53 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:29 PM

According to this webpage after you login and press Profile:
http://mwomercs.com/profile

There are "only" 833 mechs out there, including Hero/Champion/Special/Loyalty mechs...

So 600+ mechs in this guy's mech stable is nothing short of amazing...
I mean, how much does it cost to buy this many mech bays, let alone the mechs?

(Even Baradul the MWO video content creator has <200 mechs in his mech stable...)

View PostFlanking Boy, on 26 April 2021 - 09:50 AM, said:

Damn that was a lot Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 26 April 2021 - 01:30 PM.

#54 Martaloc

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:06 PM

I never understand people why sell youre hard earned cashbought mechs, you can farm credit and buy other mechs , and when i need some mechbays i buy some MC and i have mechbays. So to all crybabyes who sold the nonstandard variants you deserved that you miss the Stryker event or the hurdle that you beg to the costumerservice giving back youre mechs.

#55 Agent Super Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:33 PM

Am I correct that all four of the hanging items that I have now earn the C-bill bonus? There's no difference between the original 2 from the purchase and the 2 from the event?
Also, if you hang them in a clan mech, does the bonus get muted?

#56 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:03 PM

Short answer: 'Yes' to all your questions!

Long Answer:
1) Yes, you get total of four (4) hanging items (called "Mag Pouch") that are identical (2x from Pre-Order, and 2x from Stryker Booster Pack Event), and these are time-limited items that you cannot get later on.

2) For each of these four (4) hanging items (called "Mag Pouch"), each of these these have +5% CBills bonus when equipped.
Obviously your mech can only equip one (1) hanging items (called "Mag Pouch") at a time.
But you can equip these on four (4) of your mechs, which can be useful in FP (Faction Play).
Yes, this Mag Pouch hanging item can be equipped on both IS mech, and also Clan mechs; there are no limitations!

3) I currently have two of these Mag Pouch items on my two Clan mechs:
~BAS-A in [Select_Mech_section] upon mouse over says, "Mag Pouch Bonus CBills +5%"
~NTG-JK Hero mech says, "Mag Pouch Bonus CBills +5%", and "Chasis Bonus CBills +30%" Posted Image

4) Personally I'm extremely happy about getting four (4) hanging items (called "Mag Pouch"), each of these these have +5% CBills bonus; these are at unheard of prices, and you get four (4) of these !!

View PostAgent Super Chicken, on 26 April 2021 - 02:33 PM, said:

Am I correct that all four of the hanging items that I have now earn the C-bill bonus? There's no difference between the original 2 from the purchase and the 2 from the event?
Also, if you hang them in a clan mech, does the bonus get muted?

Edited by w0qj, 27 April 2021 - 07:26 AM.

#57 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 339 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:25 PM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 26 April 2021 - 09:50 AM, said:

Damn that was a lot Posted Image

I'm a collector... Posted Image

View Postw0qj, on 26 April 2021 - 01:29 PM, said:

According to this webpage after you login and press Profile:
http://mwomercs.com/profile

There are "only" 833 mechs out there, including Hero/Champion/Special/Loyalty mechs...

So 600+ mechs in this guy's mech stable is nothing short of amazing...
I mean, how much does it cost to buy this many mech bays, let alone the mechs?

(Even Baradul the MWO video content creator has <200 mechs in his mech stable...)

1/3 C-Bill/MC purchases, 1/3 Complete Collections and 1/3 Mech Packs.

To be fair... I'm what you call a PC Battletech/MW fanatic, and thus I've got a little hording problem ;)

Edited by Big-G, 26 April 2021 - 04:29 PM.

#58 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:50 PM

Approaching 200 mechs myself; you've got (minor) competition heating up Posted Image
(Still leveling up Skill Tree for most of them though...)

View PostBig-G, on 26 April 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

I'm a collector... Posted Image

1/3 C-Bill/MC purchases, 1/3 Complete Collections and 1/3 Mech Packs.

To be fair... I'm what you call a PC Battletech/MW fanatic, and thus I've got a little hording problem Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 26 April 2021 - 04:54 PM.

#59 KaLaM80 Squish

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:21 PM

View PostGM Patience, on 23 April 2021 - 09:09 AM, said:

Hi everyone, please get in touch with us if you sold your standard variants.

accounts@mwomercs.com

Thank you for everything you've done Patience; I have now completed the challenges, and will be retaining the newly (re)stripped chassis' just in case...

#60 TK Romero

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:21 PM

View Postw0qj, on 23 April 2021 - 10:29 PM, said:

Four items is especially useful if you play Faction Play (FP) where you deploy 4 mechs!
These 4x Mag Pouch items can be equipped on either IS or Clan mechs by the way!

Wow, I play this game far to casually. None of the points made even crossed my mind. FP is something I haven't touched in forever, but admittingly the idea of a drop deck being at the ready with either faction with four c-bill boosters is enticing. Thanks w0qj for taking some time to point out benefits with the event prizes. I'll reach out to support soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users