#21 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:24 PM

View PostBodack Horseman, on 01 May 2021 - 01:01 PM, said:

Returning player here. Couldn't find any enjoyment in the game for a long time, weapon rebalance has the game feeling fresh and fun again. Cauldron knows what they're doing. Keep listening.

+1!

#22 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 01 May 2021 - 04:43 PM

This is a good thing. Even if you don't agree with the tweaks, more player base due to things actually being worked has no negatives I can see?

#23 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:25 PM

When i drop in my Tiers i always see Caddets in here, and on Coms i have regular old Founders and other returning Players.

Its an Great Time to be here and whitness the Bloom Posted Image

#24 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:30 PM

Bet you if they fixed Soup Queue we would be at 30K+ players. Been seeing a lot of people saying they are going to stop playing because of it.

#25 katoult

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:40 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 May 2021 - 03:19 PM, said:

That is, actually, a fact. Given you want to state facts in some misguided effort to dismiss what I said - which is in no way, untrue. I am absolutely correct in what I said.

So: any statement, regardless of whether it supports your position or not (and my post above is extremely positive towards your earlier statement up thread) is automatically regarded as a personal attack on you and some sort of criticism of the Cauldron?

Your patch has absolutely nothing to do with me retiring both my main and my seven alt accounts (of which this is one), with none of those accounts below Tier 3. Get off your high horse on that.

The reason for me retiring my accounts is a certain subset of the MWO playerbase - and you, personally, feature in there prominently - introducing a disruptive antisocial toxicity to the game over the last couple months, including directly and publicly attacking whoever is your personal nemesis-du-jour in an uncivilized, dehumanizing fashion.

And with that i'm permanently out of here as well.

#26 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:49 PM

It's a bad time to leave, game is finally coming out of the dark ages and getting some juicy changes.

I'm pleased with the revitalization efforts of the game, particularly the things coming from the Cauldron. At some point PGI will need to take the baton and start producing content and feature changes, but it is a good start.

#27 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:54 PM

That's great!
Can we please separate the group & soup queues?

#28 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:17 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 01 May 2021 - 06:30 PM, said:

Bet you if they fixed Soup Queue we would be at 30K+ players. Been seeing a lot of people saying they are going to stop playing because of it.

View PostKynesis, on 01 May 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

That's great!

I don't know, population started rising April 2020 onwards after the solo and group queues were merged because friends could finally play with friends again without resorting to sync dropping (btw I was against the merge because I knew it was going to be roflstomps, but hey, it let me play with friends again). If PGI re-instituted a group queue, they would have to do it with a FP/Solaris type queue where you can see how many people are queued, and allow solo opt in to jigsaw into full teams, or group queue would just end up being staring at circle warrior again.

Edited by Vxheous, 01 May 2021 - 09:18 PM.

#29 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:21 PM

View PostKynesis, on 01 May 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

That's great!

Returned back after 5 yrs.
The pop will grow even more, if you wont get stomped by groups even on tier 4/5. Tru.

#30 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:22 PM

Thanks Covid....? Nan, it is the cause but deserves no thanks.

#31 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,487 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 May 2021 - 10:09 PM

You've said it! Founder player returning back to MWO, been gone since the days of US$500 Gold Khan Clan Wave I package days... (voted with wallet)...

Got lured back because of a very special price for Steam Solaris 7 Hero pack (price in single digit USD) back in July 2020...

It's GREAT to be back; having a blast !!

View PostLucky Noob, on 01 May 2021 - 06:25 PM, said:

When i drop in my Tiers i always see Caddets in here, and on Coms i have regular old Founders and other returning Players.
Its an Great Time to be here and whitness the Bloom Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 01 May 2021 - 10:17 PM.

#32 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 10:16 PM

View Postw0qj, on 01 May 2021 - 10:09 PM, said:

You've said it! Founder player returning back to MWO, been gone since the days of US$500 Gold Khan Clan Wave I package days... (voted with wallet)...

It's GREAT to be back; having a blast !!

Welcome Home Soldier.

#33 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 12:30 AM

I'm concerned about the quirks changes. I suspect a number of my mechs are going to get nerfed. Particularly the MC mechs. I bought all of mine with event gold... so I'm not going to get too emotional, but... nerfing stats on notional real money items is questionable. I know that was a massive undertaking in WOT.

If the nerf bat hits too hard I'm not going to lose sleep about finding another F2P game.

#34 Pillowseller

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 12:55 AM

I wouldn't worry about nerfing, it's quite clear past/future changes are pivoted on the currently top performing mechs/systems (which one is that is a highly debatable topic though). If anything is nerfed that will be countered by other buffs, such as the AWS-8Q nerf with the PPCs buff.

Having said that, it's inevitable that some mechs become RELATIVELY weaker. I'll be surprised if CP-S won't be less dominant.

#35 Vamboozle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:03 AM

Returning old timer here both in terms of age and when I started playing (just realised I joined this forum in March 2012!!!) - previously played TT, all the Mechwarrior & Mechcommander games.

Pretty much played nothing else until early 2015 but by that point I was stale and newer, shinier toys had come along...

2015 to this year I’d occasionally fire it up for old times sake, play for a couple of hours, get bored and wander off again.

This year saw the MW5 release news and thought why not give it another go (yes I am one of those players dusting off the old Hunchback)

All I can say is I’m hooked again - to the point where I’m having to force myself not to play.

Somehow this time around the game balance seems more even (very rarely see roflstomps), weapons all seem to have a place (it’s not just a long range gauss, ppc, lrm fest), the quirks & skill trees help make the mechs all feel different.

However for me it seems the it’s the Tier system working that’s held me. The first few games in Tier 5 I wasn’t great but got to play long enough to remember how to, then I started to improve (by the end of Tier 5 I’d started to kid myself I was some sort of Mech God -lol), now into Tier 4 it’s got a bit more challenging again (my ideas of Mech Godhood have been slapped down)

I think it’s this that will keep me.

#36 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:47 AM

Just to be a contrarian, I'm enjoying it significantly less than ever. I'm not precisely sure why but I'm doing much less damage, dying much faster, and rarely ever being on a winning side. Apart from using snub PPCs a bit more I've not changed what I'm doing. It's very frustrating and I can't work it out.

WTF, Cauldron, FIX IT!!!!

#37 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:56 AM

View PostBrauer, on 01 May 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

Ash had an alt? What's the name?

cant remember now but yh i remember because he said his name just as the match started

#38 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 02:05 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 May 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

1 account. I even streamed all my games on it in April. About 30-40 games.

People playing on alt accounts is nothing new and people do it month in, month out for events so there is little inconsistency there.

I would not think for a second that "ever man and his dog" suddenly resumed playing on 20 alt-accounts.

So lets just focus on the positive here rather than sensationalist nonsense.

thats the point isnt it just how many new players are there or is it just the same players with new alts or is it old players bringing back 2 accounts

i have personally seen this before paid employees making fresh accounts to make the books look good i mean wasnt there a sale of the game gotta make sure those investors are happy riught

Edited by SCRAPMETAL99, 02 May 2021 - 02:07 AM.

#39 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,487 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 May 2021 - 04:00 AM

Please... just make yourself Tier 4/5 somehow, play regularly there, and see for your self the newly returned players...
and talk to them; you will see that these are real player accounts...

There are lots of players returning in Level 4/5 (like I do--leveling up unskilled mechs--and dying too),
and I regularly see mechs like TBR-Prime(I), BLR-1G(P), HBK-IIC(O), WHK-Prime(I), etc.
Recently saw the impressive WHK-C(S) from Steam Mech Performance Package...
Talked with a returning player who had no idea where his KGC-001(S) came from (it was from MW5 Pre-Order)...

Personally, I think the key point is how to keep these players interested for the next new months and until the end of this year!

And MWO has not been this rosy for a long time... Posted Image

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 02 May 2021 - 02:05 AM, said:

thats the point isnt it just how many new players are there or is it just the same players with new alts or is it old players bringing back 2 accounts

i have personally seen this before paid employees making fresh accounts to make the books look good i mean wasnt there a sale of the game gotta make sure those investors are happy riught

Edited by w0qj, 02 May 2021 - 07:35 AM.

#40 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 02 May 2021 - 04:23 AM

View PostVxheous, on 01 May 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

I don't know, population started rising April 2020 onwards after the solo and group queues were merged because friends could finally play with friends again without resorting to sync dropping (btw I was against the merge because I knew it was going to be roflstomps, but hey, it let me play with friends again). If PGI re-instituted a group queue, they would have to do it with a FP/Solaris type queue where you can see how many people are queued, and allow solo opt in to jigsaw into full teams, or group queue would just end up being staring at circle warrior again.

i’m not saying go back to the split 12v12 queues. Besides, they showed us they were wrong when they said to us there was no way to allow two man groups into solo play, which was exactly what many were asking to be done. 8v8 group seemed to be bringing back players, before it was completely ditched. There are alternatives.

We all know the combining of queues was a mostly fiscal decision.

In the meantime, I’m not sure if below are still the tonnage allowed. If you do the math in the max tonnage, there is no way that is even close to their long held mantra of 3/3/3/3. Could not find anything saying it was changed from these numbers.
From their April announcement.
2-player groups: Min Tonnage 40, Max Tonnage 200
3-player groups: Min Tonnage 80, Max Tonnage 255
4-player groups: Min Tonnage 120, Max Tonnage 280

Link:
https://mwomercs.com...es-4-week-test/

Edited to remove HTML format and add link.

Edited by KodiakGW, 02 May 2021 - 05:06 AM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users