Pgi: Can We Please Have An Answer To This.... It Seriously Needs To Be Addressed

56 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image

AND

Posted Image

I am in a 20 ton mech... a Romeo 5k none the less, 3 kills, 2 solo AND KMDD, 472 damage, and so forth and so on.... and I still take a PSR hit.

This is the crap that drives lights (and all players) insane..... Please explain to me why I dropped in PSR?

Anyone

#2 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:13 PM

Obviously the system couldn't get a full tier 3 match and pulled you as a ringer to lead a team of tier four potatoes to victory and vastly underestimated what you could do with a light.

For shame. PSR demands more of it's tier two light pilots! I only see two solo kills, for shame I say. Downgrade them!

~Leone.

P.S. Still two solo kills and a secure, not a bad run methinks.

#3 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:23 PM

The Tier System and PSR is terrible ,the best is to ignore all thats Tier Crap

#4 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:43 PM

Its disgusting.
And BS too.

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:22 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 13 May 2021 - 08:49 PM, said:

Please explain to me why I dropped in PSR?

Anyone

I know that you will hate me, but I have to say it:
Posted Image

Because you were the fifth highest scoring player of the defeated team. Usually only the two best defeated players get the PSR rise.

#6 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:43 PM

It's because your matchscore of 333 is lower than 9 other players in that game. Your PSR should probably be an equal, but being on the losing team probably ended up making it a slight negative (like extremely small negative, probably a couple points). You could plug all the matchscores from that screenshot into the PSR calculator, and it'll tell you how much you actually lost.

#7 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:46 PM

PSR movement is relative. You weren't even in the top 3 of the losing team.

PSR is not a reward system. You don't actually get anything for being tier 1 besides longer wait times.

#8 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:54 PM

Your team had a lot of high-scoring players and since the system is zero-sum, that was not enough to an increase with your score. Partially because the Match Score system rewards damage disproportionally much compared to kills. The Match Score adjustments that were supposed to happen after PSR adjustment never came.

You probably went down by something like 0.0000001.

Note that wins and losses are the ultimate result of games, so winning must matter a lot for PSR to have some accuracy in the system.

Edited by Gagis, 13 May 2021 - 11:54 PM.

#9 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:21 AM

Had something similar, 8 kills ~1200dmg and got downrated after losing the game lol. Was already a miracle that we lost this one

Edited by Quandoo, 14 May 2021 - 12:22 AM.

#10 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:55 AM

View PostQuandoo, on 14 May 2021 - 12:21 AM, said:

Had something similar, 8 kills ~1200dmg and got downrated after losing the game lol. Was already a miracle that we lost this one

There's no way you get downrated at ~1200 damage and 8 kills, that would give you roughly 600+ matchscore, which would be a positive sign in any quick play game, win or lose. Stop making up stories.

#11 x Deathstrike x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:18 AM

View PostVxheous, on 14 May 2021 - 12:55 AM, said:

There's no way you get downrated at ~1200 damage and 8 kills, that would give you roughly 600+ matchscore, which would be a positive sign in any quick play game, win or lose. Stop making up stories.

Well... he could get down rated if he did like an insane amount of team damage, or am I wrong?

#12 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:19 AM

WARCRIMES

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:24 AM

The next time post both the Mission Summary Team Table and the Mission Summary Player Table, please.

Without the Mission Summary Team table, it is impossible to judge your performance relative to the other players.

Posting only your personal stats is pointless.

#14 OmgKllL

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • 34 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMilan - Italy

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:35 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 13 May 2021 - 10:46 PM, said:

PSR is not a reward system. You don't actually get anything for being tier 1 besides longer wait times.

I definetely agree, it's something related to game balance only.

Darian you did good match score, **** the psr and be happy about the good score.

#15 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:44 AM

View Postx Deathstrike x, on 14 May 2021 - 01:18 AM, said:

Well... he could get down rated if he did like an insane amount of team damage, or am I wrong?

Ah yes, warcrimes would decrease his matchscore, but it would have to be a HUGE amount. I've had 1K+ games, where randos walked into my strike and I came out with 100+ team damage, and my match score was still over 400, so.

Edit: Just played a game on my alt account that I'm testing for how many games it takes for me to climb from Tier 5 to Tier 1 (currently in Tier 2 at 115 games played). Up arrow game despite losing, look at the matchscore, and only 2 kills 1 assist.

Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 14 May 2021 - 02:14 AM.

#16 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:52 AM

Matchscore is fine, except for the ams thing.

People just need a wiki somewhere to educate them on how it works, per example that the arrow only points to the direction but not the actual amount that you go down or up.

You could get 3 green arrows and 1 down arrow and still go down overal if you did dismally enough.

#17 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:10 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 13 May 2021 - 10:58 PM, said:

A lot of players obviously don't understand how the PSR system works and about every week or two someone starts a thread to complain about the unfair system.

They didn't understand how it worked before so nothing has really changed in that department.
End of the day if you are not a top performer in a given match, you go down.

I know I'm gonna get smashed for what I say next... Buuuut.

To me it largely seems those complaining about PSR are the ones that might think they are better than they actually are because pre-reset they made it into Tier 1.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 14 May 2021 - 04:21 AM.

#18 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:10 AM

1. Just curious, for your below HBR-Prime where you did 1500+ damage and 2kills/1assist,
did you use 100% HBR-Prime torso parts for that Set-of-8 bonus of -10% Heat generated?
(I'm thinking of getting the HBR-Prime(I) myself...)

2. I recently saw a newly returned player playing T4/T5 game in a standard variant Stormcrow, and he mixed/matched torso for max energy build. He had 900+ match score, doing 1600+ damage (I died, and happened to spectate in his cockpit by chance for the remaining half of the HPG Manifold QP game. He had 6 kills). so your below game match points & damage sounded about right!

View PostVxheous, on 14 May 2021 - 01:44 AM, said:

...Just played a game ...for how many games it takes for me to climb from Tier 5 to Tier 1 (currently in Tier 2 at 115 games played). Up arrow game despite losing, look at the matchscore, and only 2 kills 1 assist.

Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 14 May 2021 - 04:12 AM.

#19 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:23 AM

View Postw0qj, on 14 May 2021 - 04:10 AM, said:

1. Just curious, for your below HBR-Prime where you did 1500+ damage and 2kills/1assist,
did you use 100% HBR-Prime torso parts for that Set-of-8 bonus of -10% Heat generated?
(I'm thinking of getting the HBR-Prime(I) myself...)

2. I recently saw a newly returned player playing T4/T5 game in a standard variant Stormcrow, and he mixed/matched torso for max energy build. He had 900+ match score, doing 1600+ damage (I died, and happened to spectate in his cockpit by chance for the remaining half of the HPG Manifold QP game. He had 6 kills). so your below game match points & damage sounded about right!

No, I built the meta 2 Heavy large laser 4 ER Medium laser Hellbringer, using the A Head, Prime Left Torso, and the P Right torso

#20 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:19 AM

View PostLeone, on 13 May 2021 - 09:13 PM, said:

Obviously the system couldn't get a full tier 3 match and pulled you as a ringer to lead a team of tier four potatoes to victory and vastly underestimated what you could do with a light.

For shame. PSR demands more of it's tier two light pilots! I only see two solo kills, for shame I say. Downgrade them!

~Leone.

P.S. Still two solo kills and a secure, not a bad run methinks.

LOL

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 13 May 2021 - 09:23 PM, said:

The Tier System and PSR is terrible ,the best is to ignore all thats Tier Crap

I really don't care about the Tiers. I really don't

View Postmartian, on 13 May 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

I know that you will hate me, but I have to say it:
Posted Image

Because you were the fifth highest scoring player of the defeated team. Usually only the two best defeated players get the PSR rise.

Honestly I did not know that. NO where near as active as I used to be. I knew they reset everything a yearish ago and made it a bit more difficult (which I kinda agreed with) but to me this is what drives dedicated light players nuts.

View PostVxheous, on 13 May 2021 - 10:43 PM, said:

It's because your matchscore of 333 is lower than 9 other players in that game. Your PSR should probably be an equal, but being on the losing team probably ended up making it a slight negative (like extremely small negative, probably a couple points). You could plug all the matchscores from that screenshot into the PSR calculator, and it'll tell you how much you actually lost.

Hmmmm did not know there was a PSR calculator out there.... will have to look that up..... now you have my curiosity peaked

View Postcrazytimes, on 13 May 2021 - 10:46 PM, said:

I know there is no reward..... but some people (not me) wear it on the forums as I am holier than thou ( i usually just laugh)

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 May 2021 - 04:10 AM, said:

They didn't understand how it worked before so nothing has really changed in that department.
End of the day if you are not a top performer in a given match, you go down.

And this here, is the real issue. Lets face it, we all know that Damage is king for the match score. Skill vs Skill, a heavy / assault will usually score much higher simply because they have higher damage output. So it is very weighted against light mechs, especially since the last weapons patch. I posted this just to illustrate my point. I know full well PGI won't fix this, but come on.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 May 2021 - 04:10 AM, said:

I know I'm gonna get smashed for what I say next... Buuuut.

To me it largely seems those complaining about PSR are the ones that might think they are better than they actually are because pre-reset they made it into Tier 1.

I could care less what Tier I am in, I know my strengths I know my weaknesses, I get one shotted just like every other light one moment, and I deal out an *** whoopin the next. Been in this game since closed beta, i could care less about Tiers, they truly mean nothing. However to newer players it is something to "achieve". Kinda hard to do it as easily in a light vs an assault.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users