Warden Booster Pack

245 replies to this topic

#221 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:45 PM

View PostWill9761, on 19 May 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

Yeah, that is what I mean, for MW5 mods. But I can only hope we get Elemental types and bolt-ons for other mechs.
Elemental is clan only and the standard all Battle armor is judged by though the Inner sphere does have other designs and so does the clan.

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 May 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

• 2 copies of the 5% Stackable C-Bill Boost Hanging Item for Inner Sphere 'Mechs.

So these only work in Inner sphere mechs??
I thought this was the Warden pack not the Davion pack....

so does anybody know if these things work in clan mechs?

#222 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:51 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 May 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

Elemental is clan only and the standard all Battle armor is judged by though the Inner sphere does have other designs and so does the clan.

I know, I wouldn't mind seeing other BA variants being for specific factions. Like Elementals, Sylphs, and Gnomes for Clan Mechs and IS Standard Armor, Raidens, and Longinus for IS Mechs.

#223 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2021 - 03:27 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 May 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

Don't know for sure, but I haven't ever seen a tech tree restriction for cockpit items before. Pretty sure you could always put "clan" cockpit items in IS 'mechs, and vice versa. That'd explain PGI's lack of hustle to fix that, too, since they've made a typo about boosting IS 'mechs on a Clan pack.

#224 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:24 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 May 2021 - 03:27 AM, said:

Don't know for sure, but I haven't ever seen a tech tree restriction for cockpit items before. Pretty sure you could always put "clan" cockpit items in IS 'mechs, and vice versa. That'd explain PGI's lack of hustle to fix that, too, since they've made a typo about boosting IS 'mechs on a Clan pack.
yeah i was like "Inner sphere" but these are clan mechs... unless this is a Davion pack and not a clan mech pack.

#225 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:55 PM

Speaking of "IS in Clan Mechs"

The Mad Cat Mk II actually IS meant to be an IS mech. It was named the Mad Cat specifically BECAUSE the Sharks were marketting it to the IS.

#226 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:16 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 20 May 2021 - 05:55 PM, said:

The Mad Cat Mk II actually IS meant to be an IS mech. It was named the Mad Cat specifically BECAUSE the Sharks were marketting it to the IS.

Yeah, but by the same argument, the Annihilator is a Clan 'mech, meant for 2nd line garrison duty. This era is supposed to be chock full of "mixed tech" and salvaged equipment on both sides.

#227 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:29 PM

Anni was originally an IS Mech back in the SLDF days, though.\

It was just an extinct chassis in the IS until Wolf's Dragoons re-introduced it, and then it was exclusive to them until the FedCom Civil War era.

Edited by Arkhangel, 20 May 2021 - 06:30 PM.

#228 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:44 PM

were they still sharks at that point?

#229 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:45 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 20 May 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

Anni was originally an IS Mech back in the SLDF days, though.\

It was just an extinct chassis in the IS until Wolf's Dragoons re-introduced it, and then it was exclusive to them until the FedCom Civil War era.

I'd gotten the impression it was something designed during or just after the Exodus. Wasn't there not even anything about it in any of the old SLDF memory cores and data bases? So it would never have seen the light of day in the Inner Sphere, although it's an old enough design to pre-date all the later tech advancements and newer equipment.

I mean, Operation Klondike was fought with stuff they brought with them. The Annihilator could easily have been one of the first new designs right afterwards.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 20 May 2021 - 06:46 PM.

#230 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:18 PM

Don't know for sure, but I haven't ever seen a tech tree restriction for cockpit items before.

There's been a few - see the Civil War ultimate packs.

#231 Teemo41

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew Hope, Minnesota

Posted 23 May 2021 - 12:59 PM

Pre-ordered. As someone who put a lot of hours into MW2, it's worth it just for the standing items

#232 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 01:14 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 May 2021 - 06:45 PM, said:

I'd gotten the impression it was something designed during or just after the Exodus. Wasn't there not even anything about it in any of the old SLDF memory cores and data bases? So it would never have seen the light of day in the Inner Sphere, although it's an old enough design to pre-date all the later tech advancements and newer equipment.

I mean, Operation Klondike was fought with stuff they brought with them. The Annihilator could easily have been one of the first new designs right afterwards.
The Imp is a clan designed mech that has IS tech because it was built by the early clans before their technology advanced so it would use advanced SLDF tech but not clan tech.

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 May 2021 - 01:14 PM.

#233 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 01:33 PM

yet clanners like jade falcon and such still bought it.

View PostHorseman, on 21 May 2021 - 03:18 PM, said:

weren't thiose paint and patterns though and not cockpit items?

#234 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 May 2021 - 05:52 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 May 2021 - 01:14 PM, said:

The Imp is a clan designed mech that has IS tech because it was built by the early clans before their technology advanced so it would use advanced SLDF tech but not clan tech.

Sounds right. The 1X Annihilator uses double heatsinks, pulse lasers, and LBX autocannon. Sounds exactly like an SLDF-in-exile type design.

#235 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 07:43 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 17 May 2021 - 10:03 AM, said:

You can, in fact, change the pattern on a hero 'mech. You can't remove the pattern (you can't make it the default pattern that's on all the CB variants), but you can apply any pattern that you have unlocked, or can one-shot any pattern your heart desires. My Revnant has a Ghost Bear pattern, because it's not "Revnant", anymore, it's the MDD-D standard variant. (RV is the only Mad Dog with the CT Energy hardpoints required to properly build the MDD-D). Same thing with Protector (IS Orion Hero). That's been rebuilt as the ON2-M standard variant (Not the ON1-M, which is available in the in-game store), and is now just another Marik 'mech.
I do wish c-bill mechs had better default camos...

#236 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,425 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 May 2021 - 12:40 AM

The Warden Booster Pack (for Clan: Timber Wolf & Direwolf) cockpit bonus +CBills hanging items is definitely equitable on Clan mechs. Be careful: these are Pre-Order bonus items only.

So can these above items be equipped on IS mechs?
If the Stryker Booster Pack (for IS faction) is any pattern to follow, then yes, my guess is that the Warden Booster Pack bonus +CBills hanging items perhaps maybe equitable on IS mechs as well.

At least for the Stryker Booster Pack that I've pre-ordred, I can confirm that the bonus +CBills hanging items is equitable on both IS and Clan mechs!

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 May 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

• 2 copies of the 5% Stackable C-Bill Boost Hanging Item for Inner Sphere 'Mechs.
So these only work in Inner sphere mechs??

I thought this was the Warden pack not the Davion pack....

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 May 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

============================
Actually most of the ingame bonus +CBills items are Faction specific.
ie: IS +CBills cockpit hanging/standing items cannot be equipped on Clan mechs, and vice versa.

+CBills bonus cockpit items from buying multiple Premium Mech Packages, as of this writing:

a) Civil War Ultimate Packs (Faction specific +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/civil-war

b ) Civil War Escalation Ultimate Packs (Faction specific +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/...-war-escalation

c) Evolution Ultimate Packs (for IS Faction only: +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/evolution

d) Limited time IS New Player Bundle (for IS Faction only: +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/store/bundles

e) 2020 Annual (loyalty) Rewards Programme (Faction specific +CBills standing cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/...rewards-program

f) Speculation: I'm hoping/dreaming for this:
Limited time Clan New Player Bundle (for Clan Faction only: +CBills cockpit items)
(I'm purely guessing here--and hoping MWO would be reading this!!)

View PostHorseman, on 21 May 2021 - 03:18 PM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 26 May 2021 - 01:00 AM.

#237 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 May 2021 - 07:47 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 May 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

weren't thiose paint and patterns though and not cockpit items?
There are no C-bill boosting paints or patterns, no.

#238 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:20 PM

View Postw0qj, on 26 May 2021 - 12:40 AM, said:

The Warden Booster Pack (for Clan: Timber Wolf & Direwolf) cockpit bonus +CBills hanging items is definitely equitable on Clan mechs. Be careful: these are Pre-Order bonus items only.

So can these above items be equipped on IS mechs?
If the Stryker Booster Pack (for IS faction) is any pattern to follow, then yes, my guess is that the Warden Booster Pack bonus +CBills hanging items perhaps maybe equitable on IS mechs as well.

At least for the Stryker Booster Pack that I've pre-ordred, I can confirm that the bonus +CBills hanging items is equitable on both IS and Clan mechs!

============================
Actually most of the ingame bonus +CBills items are Faction specific.
ie: IS +CBills cockpit hanging/standing items cannot be equipped on Clan mechs, and vice versa.

+CBills bonus cockpit items from buying multiple Premium Mech Packages, as of this writing:

a) Civil War Ultimate Packs (Faction specific +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/civil-war

b ) Civil War Escalation Ultimate Packs (Faction specific +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/...-war-escalation

c) Evolution Ultimate Packs (for IS Faction only: +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/evolution

d) Limited time IS New Player Bundle (for IS Faction only: +CBills cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/store/bundles

e) 2020 Annual (loyalty) Rewards Programme (Faction specific +CBills standing cockpit items)
http://mwomercs.com/...rewards-program

f) Speculation: I'm hoping/dreaming for this:
Limited time Clan New Player Bundle (for Clan Faction only: +CBills cockpit items)
(I'm purely guessing here--and hoping MWO would be reading this!!)
Well i got some faction specific pain camos like for clan mechs but those are also kinda mech specific but i think i got a wolf, ghost bear and smoek jag camos, so sue me i had to choose 3

#239 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:22 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 26 May 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

Well i got some faction specific pain camos like for clan mechs but those are also kinda mech specific but i think i got a wolf, ghost bear and smoek jag camos, so sue me i had to choose 3

Yeah, the faction specific camos are only for their respective factions, so you can't put IS Camos on Clan 'mechs, and you can't put Clan Camos on IS 'mechs (no Ghost Bear Atlas for me :( ). But none of those are CBill-boosting, either. To the best of my knowledge (although I never bought any of the packs with CB Boosting cockpit items), Faction Camos are the ONLY decoration locked to one side or the other, and all other camos, all cockpit items, and all decals can be applied to any 'mech without restriction.

Bolt-ons, of course, are the complete opposite, where they're restricted to a single chassis, even though they're discreet items that have to be purchased individually (like cockpit items).

#240 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 08:35 PM

There are cbill and exp boosting cockpit items that can only be used by mech of the respective tech faction, Clan or IS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users