PATCH NOTES WHEN?!

#7 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:26 PM

Question (pertaining to suggestions for future 'mechs). What was the issue, again, with Crit-Splitting? Is there something in Cryengine that outright prevents it, or was it just deemed too complicated to attempt?

I'm asking on behalf of:
Atlas-S2
Bushwacker-L1
Technically the King Crab

Speaking of the King Crab: if we get the 010, it'd be really cool to recreate the SRM6's that were symmetrically arrayed around the outside of PPC barrels in each torso, rather than the standard rectangular array of tubes that has been PGI's standardization for ease of artwork.

#8 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:42 PM

Patch notes when?

#9 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:00 PM

How about those delicious patch notes?

Edited by nuttyrat, 17 May 2021 - 06:00 PM.

#10 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:03 PM

Gib patch notes plz.

#11 imhoopjones

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:01 PM

Boggles the mind that a reminder to buy product takes precedence over patch notes.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:11 PM

View Postimhoopjones, on 17 May 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

Boggles the mind that a reminder to buy product takes precedence over patch notes.

Well I think it was considerably lower effort post compared to patch notes, so that doesn't surprise me and I don't fault them for that.

That being said, can't wait to read those patch notes!

#13 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:11 AM

Stryker Booster Pack is a FUN package, especially Thunderbolt TDR-10SE(S) with ECM+MASC+JJ !

THANK YOU for this package :)

#14 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 08:16 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 17 May 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

Question (pertaining to suggestions for future 'mechs). What was the issue, again, with Crit-Splitting? Is there something in Cryengine that outright prevents it, or was it just deemed too complicated to attempt?

I'm asking on behalf of:
Atlas-S2
Bushwacker-L1
Technically the King Crab

I have no idea what you are talking about... Posted Image

Could you explain it to me ??

Speaking of the King Crab: if we get the 010, it'd be really cool to recreate the SRM6's that were symmetrically arrayed around the outside of PPC barrels in each torso, rather than the standard rectangular array of tubes that has been PGI's standardization for ease of artwork.

If they could fix the badly aligned weapon in the right claw of the KGC-000 first then I would be happy to add that variant to my collection somewhere in the future! :)

#15 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 May 2021 - 08:59 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 19 May 2021 - 08:16 AM, said:

I have no idea what you are talking about... Posted Image

Could you explain it to me ??

So in TT build rules (which were copied rather accurately into MW2, so I don't see why they can't work in MWO with the right coding), you could split the critical slots of large weapons between components. This was necessary in the case of the Arrow IV artillery missile system, since the system was actually 15 criticals, and there's only 12 crits on any component in a 'mech. :) It was meant to be arm-mounted, with 10 crits in the arm and 5 in the adjacent side-torso.

The benefit is that you can fit much larger weapons in a component than will actually fit there. The downside is that you now have double the chance to receive a critical hit which will destroy the weapon.

In the case of the Bushwacker, that 'mech always mounts its large ballistic in the right arm. The -L1 variant uses a Light Engine 275 for increased survivability, mounts the same ERLL in the CT as the X1, and mounts an LBX20 autocannon in the right arm, WITH the lower arm and hand actuators present. That's an 11 crit weapon in a component that now has 8 crits available.

In order to do this, 8 crits of the weapon are placed in the arm, with the remaining 3 crits placed in the next component towards the CT (right torso, in this case).

The King Crab is supposed to have lower arm and hand actuators, WITH those AC/20's. The AC/20's are supposed to have 8 crits in the arms, and two more crits located in the side torsos (so if your torso is opened, but not your arm, and you get machine gunned, you have a chance of the AC/20 getting destroyed even though your arm isn't opened up, yet).

In the case of the Atlas S2, that mounts a Heavy Gauss Rifle in the right torso, with CASE and a Light Fusion Engine. Consequently, 9 crits are located in the right torso (the remaining space after 2 for the engine and 1 for CASE are used up), and the remaining 2 crits are placed in the CT. I'm pretty sure that build can be placed on the D-DC once crit splitting is accounted for, because it has ECM and a couple of missile racks in that torso, with some lasers in the arms.

One thing that will need to be accounted for, however: Heavy Gauss Rifles CANNOT be arm-mounted, because the recoil from the rifle would literally rip off the arm. They also cannot be mounted in tank turrets for the same reason. Technically, every Bushwacker that tries to torso-mount a Heavy Gauss should be landing on their back from the recoil after every single shot. But we don't have knockdowns...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users