334 replies to this topic

#281 TK Romero

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:57 PM

Aww man.. the Snub Nose got a Clan ER PPC mechanic. Couldn't it be an overall damage reduction to 9 instead? Well, it's a good weapon system overall and I still like a pinpoint 28 alpha with an AC20+SN PPC combo.

#282 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:15 PM

While we are on the topic of Star Trek, it's online game ST:O (past its 11th Anniversary now), it's more of a "Star Trek" themed game.
What was mentioned in just 1 TV episode sometimes gets magnified into a major map enemy, as are some equitable items on your character.

I personally feel MWO can be a MechWarrior themed online game;
not every detail needs to be followed to the letter for adherence to MechWarrior or even BattleTech.
Just my cent.

Just to give you an idea of ST:O in the context of MWO, for example:
~The MechWarrior universe just discovered the Pandorai planet with its anti-gravity minerals!
You can hire a Pandorai pilot/mercenary and they will give you +3% Speed Tweak!
You can also procure a chunk of Pandorai mineral as your sitting cockpit item, for +3% Kinetic Burst boost!

~The MechWarrior universe just discovered the Polar planet with ice that does not melt!
You can also procure an ice chunk from Polar planet as your sitting cockpit item, for +3% Cool Run boost!

~Of course, above pilot/mercenary and cockpit items are just the uncommon varieties. You can of course procure at a price the rare / very_rare / epic versions for even better ingame results!

View PostC337Skymaster, on 21 May 2021 - 04:11 PM, said:

Well, then I guess that's where we get the artistic license of "1000 years in the future" (kinda like Star Trek does with shields and whatnot). The tech of the universe is "Ferro Fibrous" and "Foamed Steel" and whatnot, that we can say (whether it is or not) is better at defending against the energies involved, or at withstanding the damage being applied, etc. I mean, "realistically" we can't tie a gyroscope to a human brain and use it to move a 10m tall bipedal robot cross-country at close to 100kph, either. Posted Image

But if we believe hard enough, we can make it happen! Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 21 May 2021 - 09:23 PM.

#283 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 22 May 2021 - 02:46 AM

Dear PGI!
Ever since this patch came out and I touched the 'Mechs in the description, I've been getting an "Invaild build" error message no matter how I configure them.

Please correct this error as soon as possible.

#284 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 22 May 2021 - 04:09 AM

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 22 May 2021 - 02:46 AM, said:

Dear PGI!
Ever since this patch came out and I touched the 'Mechs in the description, I've been getting an "Invaild build" error message no matter how I configure them.

Please correct this error as soon as possible.

Did you re-adjust the armor?

https://youtu.be/2ehmSsg3MM0

#285 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:25 AM

I wanted to play streak mechs for a week to see if streaks can currently be used on the battlefield?
However, literally a couple of one and a half to two hours game sessions of streak mech were enough for me.
I take my words back when I said that streaks became a weapon only against light mechs. Streaks are now useless even against light mechs.
Cauldron earns the achievement "Kill assist" and "Kill most damage dealt" for killing streaks. PGI earns the achievement "Killing blow" for killing streaks.
Gg, Cauldron. Gg, PGI.

P.S.Cauldron, you listened to the wrong people with their whining, that supposedly streaks against the lights always is OP. You listened to the nagging of people who simply have no idea how to play on lights, how to position themselves on the battlefield, whom they should choose as a target, and who it is better to stay away from. Together with the PGI, you have killed an entire weapon system of two factions.

P.P.S. It remains to test my 2xATM-9 Shadow Cat and 2xssrm-4 + 2xATM-9 Huntsman on the battlefield. Although I am already almost certain that my worst assumptions will come true.

#286 YiffyInAJiffy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:44 AM

Wanted to wait till I got enough time in to offer any feedback.

New canyon is pretty great, nascar exists at times but it's been slowed down and enough ramps/cover/positions around the map where I don't have to commit or die.

No matter what mech I bring to the map (brawl, skirmish, harassing, long range, lrm, flanking etc) I can find my niche somewhere in the map and help my team, that more than anything has made me really fond of it.

#287 YiffyInAJiffy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:20 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 May 2021 - 12:25 AM, said:

Cauldron earns the achievement "Kill assist" and "Kill most damage dealt" for killing streaks. PGI earns the achievement "Killing blow" for killing streaks.
Gg, Cauldron. Gg, PGI.

There is such a thing as being overdramatic, I can imagine makes it really hard to take complaints as valid, especially with lines like that.

I've found that the aggressive atm mechs I enjoy alot are doing worse, the passive "sit in the team clump and just hold locks" atm boats have been doing the same, though I'm finding myself more often playing discount LRM as a result. I'd have preferred more love for active use then passive use in all honesty, so I can understand and mirror the complaints there (love my atm9 shadowcat too!)

At the very least, now that the "max" damage per missile has been dropped, I'd really like to see an ammo adjustment (upwards) to help out the mechs with mid range tonnage to have an easier time running them.(maybe bump them to SRM amount? 120 per ton iirc?)

edit- Grammar corrections as I am the big dumb

Edited by YiffyInAJiffy, 24 May 2021 - 03:22 PM.

#288 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 05:35 PM

View PostYiffyInAJiffy, on 24 May 2021 - 12:20 PM, said:

At the very least, now that the "max" damage per missile has been dropped, I'd really like to see an ammo adjustment (upwards) to help out the mechs with mid range tonnage to have an easier time running them.(maybe bump them to SRM amount? 120 per ton iirc?)

I hate to disappoint you, but it will have a very small positive effect, and here's why.
While the SSRM and ATM received their portion of "love" in the form of a significant reduction in damage (and the SSRM also received an increase in heating), the other weapon systems, on the contrary, received a significant increase in damage (if not directly, then indirectly).
1) An increase in missile ammunition for ATM (as well as for SSRM) can return the amount of damage done only if you shoot more for a longer time. The logic is simple: with a 25% reduction in damage, you will need to increase the number of volleys by about 25% to achieve the same results.
2) An increase in damage (direct or indirect) of all other weapons systems directly leads to a decrease in the match time (have you already noticed a direct contradiction with the point above?): you receive the same (old) damage in a shorter time, your opponents receive the same (old) damage in a shorter time (or more damage for the same (old) time, here as you like).
3) By the time the increased ATM ammunition could play its role (i.e. increase the damage done), everyone will already be dead: either you specifically, or your entire team (and therefore soon you personally), or all opponents.
If you state everything that I wrote briefly, we get: an increase in the ATM ammunition can lead to an increase in damage only if the TTK and TTD increase, but the improvement of all other weapon systems has already led, on the contrary, to a decrease TTK and TTD.
That is why an increase in the number of missiles in one ton of ammunition has practically no positive effect.

#289 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:11 PM

For the sake of fairness, I must point out the positive changes in the game. I pumped my gift TBR-C (C). His mobility is something that he lacked for a very long time. Yes, it is still made of cardboard, but still it got better (or returned to a better state).

I do not undertake to give unambiguous estimates for new Canyons yet. An ambiguous map: it has become open to snipers and lurmwarriors, the game starts with a wide nascar, but at the same time new passages and ramps give more freedom of maneuver (and I like that).

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 24 May 2021 - 06:20 PM.

#290 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:41 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 May 2021 - 05:35 PM, said:

The logic is simple: with a 25% reduction in damage, you will need to increase the number of volleys by about 25% to achieve the same results.

Ah, the classic math blunder that Kanajashi and Spirit of the Law love so much. :)

When dealing 3/4 the damage, one needs to carry 4/3 the ammunition to compensate, so for a 25% reduction in damage, you need to increase ammo by 33%. :)

#291 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 07:13 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 24 May 2021 - 06:41 PM, said:

Ah, the classic math blunder that Kanajashi and Spirit of the Law love so much. Posted Image

Well, in this case, I was talking about the required number of shots to achieve the same (old) results, and not about the amount of ammunition per ton for achieve the old results.

#292 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2021 - 07:19 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 May 2021 - 07:13 PM, said:

Well, in this case, I was talking about the required number of shots to achieve the same (old) results, and not about the amount of ammunition per ton for achieve the old results.

I think it's the same math: 33% more shots, too. Because you need 3/4 (damage) x 4/3 (shots) to multiply together to make 1/1, to keep the end result the same.

#293 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 07:37 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 24 May 2021 - 07:19 PM, said:

I think it's the same math: 33% more shots, too. Because you need 3/4 (damage) x 4/3 (shots) to multiply together to make 1/1, to keep the end result the same.

It depends on what to take as the starting point of reference. I started from the damage values before the patch, you take new damage values as a starting point.
But on the whole, I agree with you. The starting point that you took is more logical because it is with these values that we are dealing now, and the values from which I started off are already a thing of the past.

#294 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:56 PM

C-SSRM ammo was increased with the damage reduction during the April Patch.

#295 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 01:19 AM

Now i have played maybe a dozend matches on the new canyon and i really love it, the map designer did a fantastic job. the placement of the new ramps is good, you can still run through the canyons unseen and than take a ramp and have a nice brawl or you take position on the high ground somewhere and shoot from distance. no stupid nascar cause it doesnt make any sense on the new design.

#296 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:23 AM

View PostPaul Meyers DEST, on 27 May 2021 - 01:19 AM, said:

Now i have played maybe a dozend matches on the new canyon and i really love it, the map designer did a fantastic job. the placement of the new ramps is good, you can still run through the canyons unseen and than take a ramp and have a nice brawl or you take position on the high ground somewhere and shoot from distance. no stupid nascar cause it doesnt make any sense on the new design.

Just gotta turn the anti-grav generator off so all those rocks can stop floating. :D

#297 lolbbq

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:48 PM

Patch is awesome. Cannot wait for the changes to hit all other mechs. TBR is usable, firestarter is great, Gyr is not a bus anymore.

New Canyon creates so many more interesting gameplay options. No more cliffs so breaking sightlines to backstab or hide from lrms is no longer a 3 min walk to get back into the fight. Trenchline has a lot more exits for brawlers to pop up onto the high ground and/or dive into the adjacent trench. Bring a sniper or a mid-range build and there are plenty of dominating positions at both ranges with spread out cover and decent options to achieve wide or narrow firing arcs as desired. Bring LRMs, get a good position to effectively suppress the enemy's firing lines or punish players who do not know want to seek cover. - Every play has a counter both of which are equally viable in this map.

Good job. Hopefully we see fixes like this on other maps.

#298 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 May 2021 - 06:18 PM

Clan streaks are a complete steaming pile of waste now. a flea came up and brawled me in heavy. I had 2 x C-SSRM6's with cap and targeting comp 1. He was already showing some orange from lasers. he survived 4 x center locked shots and lived to run off. That is a level of complete uslessness. if the 6 pack is that bad, the 2's and 4's are now dead weight. You have to give them back some damage.....

Edited by Mechsniper, 29 May 2021 - 06:18 PM.

#299 byebye360

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 08:20 PM

Went and tried c-ssrms and atms again now that I have a bit more time, i'm just going to give up on them and swap them for srms or lrms, in the rather small tube count I've been using them with as a secondary or tertiary weapon they no longer work for me.

#300 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 01:21 PM

View Postbyebye360, on 29 May 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

Went and tried c-ssrms and atms again now that I have a bit more time, i'm just going to give up on them and swap them for srms or lrms, in the rather small tube count I've been using them with as a secondary or tertiary weapon they no longer work for me.

They are going to be getting damaged buffed back up a bit. The goal of the nerf was met, but a bit too well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users