Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Hot Fix Patch Notes

24 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:34 PM

Greetings MechWarriors!
We hope you are enjoying the launch of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries on Steam, GoG, and XBox, all of the updates, and the first DLC "Heroes of the Inner Sphere"! This is just a quick post to let you know that we have a patch coming out today to address the following issues:
  • A Steam overlay co-op invite feature has been added, so you can now invite your friends via the native Steam overlay invite system.
  • Some players experienced an issue with 'Mechs missing from Cold Storage after the Game update. This issue had already been resolved for Epic Game Store, but is now resolved for all other platforms including Microsoft Store and Gamepass.
  • There was an issue where foliage spawners only spawned one DCC mesh type per tyle resulting in a lack of diversity, this has been resolved on all platforms.
We hope you continue to enjoy MW5Mercs, and as always if you have any technical issues or bugs to report, be sure to email support@mw5mercs.com or contact us in the MechWarrior Discord Server in the appropriate channels.
--The MechWarrior 5 Team

#2 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:53 PM

I had no problem installing, starting and enjoying the new features in single player mode. I will probably play more frequently; may go co-op soon. I really like the airstrike! YIKES.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:06 PM

that explains some of the problems steam users were having that epic users were not.

#4 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:39 PM

Still looking forward to the day I can redeem my unused pre-order on a platform other than Epic! :)

#5 ForQAll

• Pip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:08 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 01 June 2021 - 04:44 PM, said:

I don't even play MW5 but that image looks BAD A S S !
I wish mechs in MWO would look that dynamic!

I play both and Mw5 looks good. However, maybe it's just me but I'd argue that on certain maps like Tourmaline, River City, etc. MWO looks definitely better than mw5. It doesn't have the destruction of buildings and stuff.. but the mechs, Colors, weapon effects and particles all look amazing. Kind of a testament to how well MWO has held up on the CryEngine.

Both games have their ups and downs graphically though. Mw5 probably looks overall better and has more graphical bells and whistles.

Edited by ForQAll, 01 June 2021 - 05:14 PM.

#6 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:41 PM

MW5 has better visuals but the controls are not as precise as MWO. I kind of see it as a more casual Mech game than MWO...

One thing I have noticed about the maps in MW5 is often the little trees and rocks are scattered in an area but are all the same 3D model so it kind of look strange. There was one ice map where a piece of ice sticking from the ground was used hundreds of time. Looked really strange. Some more variety of models would do wonders.

Otherwise, I have been enjoying revisiting MW5 and have a couple of new mechs have been using a Dervish with some Chem lasers. The salvage is good to see and the extra things like operatons and the little "find 3 of these" quests are nice. Overall it's a better game than on launch.

#7 SniperFury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:36 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 01 June 2021 - 04:39 PM, said:

Still looking forward to the day I can redeem my unused pre-order on a platform other than Epic! Posted Image

I will never understand this, you pre-ordered, they changed the conditions and you stuck around. You had time to get a refund and keep the things you got as a benefit for pre-ordering. To keep on this right now is ridiculous you got your game when you didn't refund. I refunded.

#8 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:58 PM

So, how do I recover my missing cold storage mechs after I've already updated?

#9 eX Khan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:33 PM

If only 'M A S E' was still around to see that his gold mech collection helped make MW5 possible. Especially after the dissapointment in 2009. I remember he donated a Masakari pack on NGNGtv, RIP a legend.

Edited by eX Khan, 01 June 2021 - 11:38 PM.

#10 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 June 2021 - 09:51 PM

View PostKano111, on 01 June 2021 - 05:41 PM, said:

One thing I have noticed about the maps in MW5 is often the little trees and rocks are scattered in an area but are all the same 3D model so it kind of look strange. There was one ice map where a piece of ice sticking from the ground was used hundreds of time. Looked really strange. Some more variety of models would do wonders.

I believe that was fixed in this patch.
  • There was an issue where foliage spawners only spawned one DCC mesh type per tyle resulting in a lack of diversity, this has been resolved on all platforms.

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 01 June 2021 - 09:52 PM.

#11 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:37 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 01 June 2021 - 04:44 PM, said:

I don't even play MW5 but that image looks BAD A S S !
I wish mechs in MWO would look that dynamic!

The image looks badass because the mech featured in it is doing something that no mech in MWO or MW5 can actually do...

Turn it's head.

#12 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:58 AM

anyone else issues with not counting kill tracked tank units at "Destroy #xy tanks " jobs ?

and no its not because KI kill the tanks. I gave them the dont shoot order,so i shoot the tanks only but still not counting the tracked Tanks counter

Edited by Mighty Spike, 02 June 2021 - 03:00 AM.

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 03:37 AM

The "Tracked Tanks" job is a dodgy one, iirc. It is believed it's actually looking for a certain type of tracked vehicle without telling you which one exactly. Devs have already been alerted about that.

#14 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 June 2021 - 04:23 AM

View PostSniperFury, on 01 June 2021 - 06:36 PM, said:

I will never understand this, you pre-ordered, they changed the conditions and you stuck around. You had time to get a refund and keep the things you got as a benefit for pre-ordering. To keep on this right now is ridiculous you got your game when you didn't refund. I refunded.

I opted to support PGI in their finalization of the product (deserved or not), as well as retain access to such things as their discord channel and the various PDF documents, etc. I just don't want to download the Epic launcher as I've heard it's still clunky, it's yet another launcher to have to track and maintain, and the services available from Steam, specifically Remote Play, are more appealing to me. As yet, I haven't heard any legitimate reason for not allowing the conversion to other platforms other than "we don't want to". I'm still hoping they'll change their mind about that, even if it's required to execute on a case-by-case basis, since it's perfectly legitimate for them to not want someone to effectively have two copies of the game for "the price of one" (though I did technically pay the price of three).

#15 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:46 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 02 June 2021 - 03:37 AM, said:

The "Tracked Tanks" job is a dodgy one, iirc. It is believed it's actually looking for a certain type of tracked vehicle without telling you which one exactly. Devs have already been alerted about that.

yeah i know. Ryanna says when 1 of the needed Tanks is near, I need Demolisher and Manticore´s and killed lot of them but still not counitng the dead tanks

#16 Zevron

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:07 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 June 2021 - 01:37 AM, said:

The image looks badass because the mech featured in it is doing something that no mech in MWO or MW5 can actually do...

Turn it's head.

Can Atlases even turn their head in lore? I didn't think any 'Mech could.

#17 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 June 2021 - 11:20 AM

View PostZevron, on 02 June 2021 - 10:07 AM, said:

Can Atlases even turn their head in lore? I didn't think any 'Mech could.

That's questionable, but a vast majority of the artwork has 'mechs turning their heads to look at things.

#18 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:06 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 June 2021 - 11:20 AM, said:

That's questionable, but a vast majority of the artwork has 'mechs turning their heads to look at things.

IMO it make sense that mechs would be able to turn their heads (where the design allows for it anyways).
The head would always have a lot less mass than the torso, so it would make sense to let it turn separately and more quickly than the torso to help the pilot get a better view of their surroundings.

#19 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 June 2021 - 04:25 PM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 01 June 2021 - 09:51 PM, said:

I believe that was fixed in this patch.

OK good to know thanks for the response. I didn't notice this bug when I first started playing it on original launch so it must have been a recent thing.

#20 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the update. Even before this update. The game runs smooth as never before on my few years old laptop. When I ran it a year ago on egs.. ugh, the optimalization was down in the cellar. Glad a fixetifix came in form of Steam overlay. it was a bit clunky when I played with two relatives last Sunday.
I also play it on Xbox One. The controls are... as good as it gets, something getting used to, but getting there. Incredible that it runs so well, to bad about no infantry there but, understandable. The graphics on the xb is pretty good when having in mind on how old that box is.

PS: Leave the collision damage as is ( DONT weaksauce it as in mwo, ugh ). You can actually wreck at least smaller mechs when you for some reason are out of ammo and no salvage crates are nearby, which FYI gives you some ammo.
And no, I still want Field Repair Bays and Mobile Field Bays randomly on mission types like Beachhead and muliple step/ maps mission.
Loved that I smashed of an enemy Commandos right arm by ramming it with my Shadowhawk!

Edited by Tordin, 03 June 2021 - 09:09 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users