My Most Lop-Sided Match Maker Game, Ever

65 replies to this topic

#61 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:30 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 June 2021 - 08:12 PM, said:

agree with everything you said except assaults being good as lrm boats lol. I still think an lrm assault is a waste of an assault. I laugh out loud every time I see lrm kingcrabs or lrm40 fafnirs with no other weapons.

My LRM/ATM Assaults are the most successful. First of all, LRMs aren't DMG weapons. They're suppression weapons. Enemies have to hide behind cover instead of openly attack your team. It gives tactical advantage to your team. You have something like LRM40+TAG, may be even ECM and BAP, that grant almost instant lock, but when enemies try to get close to you, they have to eat something like Gauss/LGL/MRM, so they're in lose-lose situation.

Again. There is firepower vs speed imbalance in this game. This two should be tradeoff. But there are Light/Medium 'Mechs, that have too much firepower. And therefore Assaults are pointless. Armor should be their advantage. But anybody and their grannies can just two-shot their STs. Attacking openly is suicide. Only Assaults, that are OP enough to have firepower to kill other 'Mechs almost instantly, are viable. Kodiaks and Annihilators. But they're filtered by MM very fast. I don't see them in my Tier 3/4 matches.

Edited by MrMadguy, 07 June 2021 - 10:32 PM.

#62 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:42 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 07 June 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

My LRM/ATM Assaults are the most successful. First of all, LRMs aren't DMG weapons. They're suppression weapons. Enemies have to hide behind cover instead of openly attack your team. It gives tactical advantage to your team. You have something like LRM40+TAG, may be even ECM and BAP, that grant almost instant lock, but when enemies try to get close to you, they have to eat something like Gauss/LGL/MRM, so they're in lose-lose situation.

Again. There is firepower vs speed imbalance in this game. This two should be tradeoff. But there are Light/Medium 'Mechs, that have too much firepower. And therefore Assaults are pointless. Armor should be their advantage. But anybody and their grannies can just two-shot their STs. Attacking openly is suicide. Only Assaults, that are OP enough to have firepower to kill other 'Mechs almost instantly, are viable. Kodiaks and Annihilators. But they're filtered by MM very fast. I don't see them in my Tier 3/4 matches.

really? according to ash lrms are dps weapons. LOL.

absolutely theyre suppression weapons as well as being damage weapons. thats why i have x4 LRM15 launchers on my stormcrow. to maintain a consistent rate of fire and keep people suppressed. and to straight up murder people who go into the open past the point of no return.

and every time I see an LRM assault on my team its spamming the help command and getting obliterated by a light mech. And they cant even LRM properly so theres no point to even helping them. and i just played a game where I killed a night gyr with six LRM15s and nothing else in a kitfox... it was a free kill.

and I 100% agree that speed and firepower should be a tradeoff.

I feel CXL is still incredibly unbalanced and allows clan mechs to have both firepower and speed at the same time. Which is why you have clan mediums and heavies going 82kph delivering huge 75+ damage alphas at medium range. The whole reason heavy large lasers got damage nerfed previously was to try and lower that alpha and now its back up to where it was before after the recent cauldron buff. I dont really get why clan laser vomit needed a buff again when people were screaming to nerf it before... this balancing in circles drives me crazy.

Edited by Khobai, 08 June 2021 - 05:01 AM.

#63 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:55 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 June 2021 - 10:12 PM, said:

Not that this has anything to do with the lopsided matchmaker. Just proving that Ash is wrong as usual.

It never does - deflection is what you do when you're caught in a lie. This time around you conveniently showed everyone you don't understand how to use UAC10/5s - good job.

Would be good if you actually addressed your false claims now I've made it rather clear via way of evidence you're just making up things, again.

#64 Castigatus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:26 AM

Khobai I'm just going to be blunt with you since you don't seem to listen to anything else.

If you think people play in groups purely to victimise solo players for easy kills [Redacted], there is no other way to put it, and if you think groups somehow give an advantage to their team just by being a group then [Redacted]. I don't play in a group to make it easier for myself, I do it because I find playing with friends vastly more enjoyable than playing alone. Also, I say this as a tier 5 potato who will probably never get into even tier 4 because I simply don't take this game seriously enough to care about that.

You have communication options, use them. You have the ability to coordinate your team even if you don't communicate beyond pinging a map, use it. Stop trying to kneecap an entire group of players just because you don't want to use the tools you already have.

Edited by Armchair General, 08 June 2021 - 09:13 AM.

#65 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:05 AM

View PostCastigatus, on 08 June 2021 - 06:26 AM, said:

Khobai I'm just going to be blunt with you since you don't seem to listen to anything else.

If you think people play in groups purely to victimise solo players for easy kills [Redacted],

I dont think that at all though. You think i think that because [Redacted].

I think people play in groups to play with their friends. That is the primary motivation for forming a group.

The non-functioning matchmaker thats unable to properly balance groups is what caused people to get preyed on in group queue and faction play. And It drove so many small casual groups and units out of group queue that the entire queue eventually self-destructed.

And certain groups absolutely did get pleasure out of farming pugs. The group vs pug spawn camping that went on in faction play was downright sadistic. Herding pugs back their spawn zone so they could be systematically slaughtered like sheep upon respawn. So dont give me that crap that they didnt victimize pugs because they certainly did. And they did it repeatedly. Because they could.

Although I will admit not all groups were like that and some groups wouldnt spawn camp to give pugs a fair game.

Edited by Khobai, 08 June 2021 - 09:24 AM.

#66 Armchair General

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:21 AM

Folks please keep it civil and dont start to insult each other. Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users