Jump to content

The Speed Of Light Event - 2 Free Mechs In June


108 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:16 PM




JUNE FREE MECH EVENT!




A NOTE ABOUT SPECIFIC WEAPON DAMAGE TARGETS

Please be advised that the Weapon damage requirements are very specific.

EXAMPLE
For the "Earn 1000 Damage with Clan SRM 6" Challenge, You must use that exact weapon system.
For the "Earn 1000 Damage with IS SRM 4" Challenge, You must use that exact weapon system.

Using SRM 4 With Artemis is a different stat pool and will NOT count towards your goal.

all of the weapon systems requirements are available to be used without purchase on the Light Trial Mechs


#2 D V Devnull

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationBumbling around their Mech Garage, wishing they could see Mechs in "MechWarrior 2"-style Enhanced Imaging WireFrame...

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:21 PM

Hmm... Looks like this is going to turn crazy in a quick order... :P

~D. V. "And I think I got here first?" Devnull

#3 G2SC

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:29 PM

nice 2 free mechs!

#4 gearheadstu

    Rookie

  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:13 PM

It looks like the event is bugged. Damage from SRM-4s with Artemis is not being counted towards the Javelin award.

I've played two matches in an ASN-21 running 4x SRM4-As. Between the two matches, I've dealt around 700 damage, but the "Earn 1000 damage with IS SRM4" still shows 0 progress.

Posted Image

Edited by gearheadstu, 04 June 2021 - 06:14 PM.


#5 crazytimes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:12 PM

Not complaining, it's just funny that have about 15% of mechs... and almost every single free mech from the last 2 years is a repeat of one of them. Same goes for both these.

Still, free stuff is free stuff, I shall accept them.

#6 Tarzan of Barsoom

    Member

  • Pip
  • @ui_title_%s_Rank_13
  • @ui_title_%s_Rank_13
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:17 PM

Damage inflicted by Clan SRM6 with Artemis is not counting for the event. I was able to change the SRM's to standard guidance and it seems to be working

Edited by Tarzan of Barsoom, 04 June 2021 - 07:59 PM.


#7 Daeron Katz

    Senior Marketing and Community Manager

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:20 PM

View Postgearheadstu, on 04 June 2021 - 06:13 PM, said:

It looks like the event is bugged. Damage from SRM-4s with Artemis is not being counted towards the Javelin award.

I've played two matches in an ASN-21 running 4x SRM4-As. Between the two matches, I've dealt around 700 damage, but the "Earn 1000 damage with IS SRM4" still shows 0 progress.

Posted Image

Only works with Clan SRM6 and IS SRM4. Will not work with Artemis.

#8 Terran123rd

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:22 PM

I can confirm that damage done with SRM+Artemis is not being counted.

#9 Locked Bolt

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:42 PM

In the picture the Javelin and Arctic Cheetah are both shown with paint jobs, on the event page it does not have a mission to earn the paint that is shown in the picture. Is this an oversight or intentional? As the previous free mechs did have paints as a reward.

#10 EightBitKnight

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 162 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:47 PM

Well looks like I'll be hitting the old mechlab after work and dust off the old SRMs mechs. Catapult here's looking at you baby lol

#11 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 08:25 PM

TWO (2) free mechs for June!

A big THANK YOU to MWO!!

===============================
As a returning player, never got any of the free mechs from the past 2 years; missed all of them!
THANK YOU to MWO!!


View Postcrazytimes, on 04 June 2021 - 07:12 PM, said:

Not complaining, it's just funny that have about 15% of mechs... and almost every single free mech from the last 2 years is a repeat of one of them. Same goes for both these.

Still, free stuff is free stuff, I shall accept them.

Edited by w0qj, 04 June 2021 - 08:40 PM.


#12 Ch_R0me

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 433 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 05 June 2021 - 12:51 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 June 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

~D. V. "And I think I got here first?" Devnull

Everybody is just waking up in Europe... Posted Image

Earn 1500 Damage with Clan ER PPC


> Me processing this
> Inner TheB33f intensifies

Posted Image

#13 Buenaventura

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 440 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:06 AM

View Postgearheadstu, on 04 June 2021 - 06:13 PM, said:

It looks like the event is bugged. Damage from SRM-4s with Artemis is not being counted towards the Javelin award.

I've played two matches in an ASN-21 running 4x SRM4-As. Between the two matches, I've dealt around 700 damage, but the "Earn 1000 damage with IS SRM4" still shows 0 progress.


View PostTarzan of Barsoom, on 04 June 2021 - 07:17 PM, said:

Damage inflicted by Clan SRM6 with Artemis is not counting for the event. I was able to change the SRM's to standard guidance and it seems to be working

View PostTerran123rd, on 04 June 2021 - 07:22 PM, said:

I can confirm that damage done with SRM+Artemis is not being counted.

Event is NOT bugged. For the game, SRM6 and SRM6a are two different weapon systems, same goes for SRM4 and SRM4a or SRM2 and SRM2a (and for the LRMs, too).

But, you aren't the first ones to wonder about this, some events in the past either had it in the challenge description or even made both versions count (I seem to remember some challenge with both LRM15 and LRM15a counting).
Maybe Daeron will pick up the idea to have requirements like this in the future say "SRM4 damage (SRM4+Artemis does NOT count)". Posted Image

#14 catgirl

    Member

  • PipPip
  • CS 2020 Participant
  • CS 2020 Participant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:21 AM

I appreciate the solid light 'mech picks!
Even if I have 'em, free is free Posted Image
I've been playing with brand new players recently and they'll definitely love earning these.
p.s. bring your bug swatters for all the new light mech jumpies Posted Image

Edited by catgirl, 05 June 2021 - 01:23 AM.


#15 Ch_R0me

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 433 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:03 AM

Just gonna say that after doing some matches, this particular event is very smooth to go. Keep it up. Posted Image

#16 Serial Number

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:07 AM

Another amazing UAV detection event. So fun to see lights suicide rushing to launch UAV.

#17 Vamboozle

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 103 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:39 AM

Luckily spotted the fact that SRM+Artemis doesn’t count before I’d spent TOO long doing damage that didn’t count.

And man do I hate PPCs…..still I’ll grit my teeth and get on with it

#18 NumberFive

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:54 AM

Hey PGI, quick suggestion.
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving all the free mechs but please stop giving us free mechbays.

Put the mechs on 'pending' until we have a free mechbay of our own. Let us collect them for up to three months.
The free mechs are great for new players especially, they make a huge difference to how playable the game is, but if you want to monetise that - in a very respectful, sensible, proportionate way - make people buy the mechbays.

It'll cost players, what? about a buck fifty a month if we buy a ten pack on sale. That's very, very reasonable. It's not evil microtransactions, it's not EA Games style pay to play, it's just the cost of keeping the servers running and the lights on.

#19 minnowzzz

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:02 AM

View PostNumberFive, on 05 June 2021 - 04:54 AM, said:

Hey PGI, quick suggestion.
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving all the free mechs but please stop giving us free mechbays.

Put the mechs on 'pending' until we have a free mechbay of our own. Let us collect them for up to three months.
The free mechs are great for new players especially, they make a huge difference to how playable the game is, but if you want to monetise that - in a very respectful, sensible, proportionate way - make people buy the mechbays.

It'll cost players, what? about a buck fifty a month if we buy a ten pack on sale. That's very, very reasonable. It's not evil microtransactions, it's not EA Games style pay to play, it's just the cost of keeping the servers running and the lights on.


if you want to support the game that is fine (I have), but for the love of god stop advocating to make other people's experience worst

#20 Bolo Atari

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 254 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:22 AM

View PostSerial Number, on 05 June 2021 - 04:07 AM, said:

Another amazing UAV detection event. So fun to see lights suicide rushing to launch UAV.


Woah woah ... are you saying that's NOT how you launch UAVs from light Mechs?!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users