15 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel08

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:28 AM

Hi! My friend is having fps issues. His fps is always like 15 or 20 and he has low graphics settings. Is there any way for him to increase his performance?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:32 AM

Does he have a decent ping rate in game? What's his graphics card hardware and PC memory like?

#3 Daniel08

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:36 AM

My friend is logging in and he is gonna answer soon

#4 Lottemeds

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:40 AM

i havent checked my ping but i think it isnt too bad. my memory 4gb and my cpu is a intelcore i5 max 2.8 GHz

#5 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:41 AM

View PostDaniel08, on 08 June 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

Hi! My friend is having fps issues. His fps is always like 15 or 20 and he has low graphics settings. Is there any way for him to increase his performance?

Greetings!

Well, this is a difficult question to answer. Low FPS can be caused by many things, ranging from low-end/obsolete PC over having some PC-intensive programs running in the background (sometimes without even realizing it) to having a good PC with just some parts creating a performance bottleneck.

Could you post the specifications of your friend's PC, please? (Like GPU, CPU, HDD, OS, etc).

#6 Daniel08

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:46 AM

That is what he send me
[color=#DCDDDE]cpu: intelcore i5 max 2.8 GHz i dont wtf why odd is memory is 4GB OS: WIN10 HDD SS256GB[/color]

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:48 AM

View PostLottemeds, on 08 June 2021 - 09:40 AM, said:

i havent checked my ping but i think it isnt too bad. my memory 4gb and my cpu is a intelcore i5 max 2.8 GHz

You've got the minimum memory to run the game, so that will slow you down a bit there. And if your ping rate in game (hit TAB when a match is running) is under 300, you should be okay on network.

How about your Graphics Card? That's key. Check the system requirements page here and see how yours ranks up against it. (You don't need much, its an old game engine, but an integrated graphics card on your motherboard, for example, won't cut it.)

https://mwomercs.com...20#entry6081020

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 10:02 AM

View PostLottemeds, on 08 June 2021 - 09:40 AM, said:

View PostDaniel08, on 08 June 2021 - 09:46 AM, said:

That is what he send me
[color=#DCDDDE]cpu: intelcore i5 max 2.8 GHz i dont wtf why odd is memory is 4GB OS: WIN10 HDD SS256GB[/color]

Check these current MWO system requirements:

Posted Image

The memory of your PC is acceptable, but not great.

The CPU of your PC should be relatively okay.

Could you post what GPU do you have? Does your PC have a dedicated GPU?

#9 Daniel08

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2021 - 10:21 AM

He is having around 100 ping. He is checking out his gpu

#10 Lottemeds

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 10:23 AM

my GPU is a Intel® HD Graphics 510 I know that my graphic card isnt in the rec so maybe thats why..

Edited by Lottemeds, 08 June 2021 - 10:28 AM.

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 10:29 AM

View PostLottemeds, on 08 June 2021 - 10:23 AM, said:

my GPU is a Intel® HD Graphics 510

I am not sure if this integrated graphics processor is sufficient to run MWO with decent FPS.

#12 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:13 PM

Yup, it's your graphics card. The Intel 510 is well below the minimum requirements.

My benchmark site of choice, for example, rates my graphics card at a whopping 12.2% rating. It runs 75fps no problem.

https://www.tomshard...archy,4388.html
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 12.2% GP107 1354/1455 MHz 2GB GDDR5 75W

the Intel® HD Graphics 510 doesn't make the list. And Tom's recommends that you won't get 15 fps out of one.

https://forums.tomsh...gaming.3057512/

Upgrading your existing desktop might not be worth the money you'd put into it. At a minimum you'll want to double the RAM and upgrade to a used graphics card (which might also require a larger power supply).

#13 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 June 2021 - 08:28 PM

Try Video Settings = Low for everything, and use MrVaad's User.cfg and it worked for me,
at least I don't die when hit by RAC/UAC/AC dakka ballistics which in the past dropped me to SINGLE FPS (frame per second) which was what usually kills me. ie:

1. Try setting "low" for both "Particles" and "Environment"?

You can set this at: [Settings]>>[Video]>>[Advanced_Options]

2. Have you tried MrVaad's optimization scripts for user.cfg ?
It can help reduce stutters and frame dips.

http://github.com/Mr...Tweaks/releases

http://mwomercs.com/...ide-and-usercfg
http://mwomercs.com/...5-mwo-dimmdrive

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Edit]
Now I have no further excuse but to face the terrible truth--it's the piloting/positioning errors that's killing me!
[/Edit]

Edited by w0qj, 08 June 2021 - 08:31 PM.

#14 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:13 AM

Generate and post the top section of your dxdiag, from beginning to just pass the sound card.

1. Til then, is this a prebuilt, ie Dell, HP, etc ?
2. Normal desktop or a SFF (small form factor).. or is this a laptop/netbook /hides...??

There is no real help with the integrated GPU into the CPU. Definitely do not need close to the top of the line but any integrated GPU in CPU will never get close. A Geforce 1050 TI would work fine but even then it is dependent on several things with the system, case (normal or SFF) PSU, etc.

The links w0qj provided will help but with that integrated GPU, only a few FPS.

#15 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:36 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 09 June 2021 - 05:13 AM, said:

Generate and post the top section of your dxdiag, from beginning to just pass the sound card.

1. Til then, is this a prebuilt, ie Dell, HP, etc ?
2. Normal desktop or a SFF (small form factor).. or is this a laptop/netbook /hides...??

There is no real help with the integrated GPU into the CPU. Definitely do not need close to the top of the line but any integrated GPU in CPU will never get close. A Geforce 1050 TI would work fine but even then it is dependent on several things with the system, case (normal or SFF) PSU, etc.

The links w0qj provided will help but with that integrated GPU, only a few FPS.

From Steam's main screen, go to Help -> System Information. That will provide system information that can be used to find out if that rig can be upgraded to meet minimum spec. Alternatively, CPUID's CPU-Z can be used to get more detailed information.

If this is a prebuilt, then his system's manufacturer and model number are also important (and cannot usually be found that way).

Ideal case it's just plugging in a new GPU. Worst case he's stuck with the config he has.

Edited by Horseman, 09 June 2021 - 12:37 PM.

#16 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:00 AM

Even with a better gpu. The System is rly on the weak side. 4gb ram. Cpu!!!!... I would prob not invest money in this system. Maybe u can use the case, cooler etc. but i rly doubt. Has anyone tried gaming on 11500 apu or ryzen apu? Maybe that is a "cheap" path with the option to reach a out for gpu later.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 12 June 2021 - 03:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users