Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries In The Pc Gaming Show At E3!

14 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:12 AM

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries in the PC Gaming Show at E3!
The biggest annual showcase dedicated to PC gaming, the PC Gaming Show, will return on June 13 at 2:30 PM PST / 5:30 PM EST.
Broadcasting from Los Angeles during the E3 weekend on twitch.tv/pcgamer, youtube.com/pcgamer, and featured prominently within E3’s official programming and Twitch Gaming’s Hottest Games of Summer lineup, the PC Gaming Show will reveal 39 new trailers, game announcements, and interviews to audiences around the world.
Building on the show’s independent 2020 presentation that drew 5.9M viewers, this year's broadcast will combine professionally-produced video packages with live, energetic commentary, broadcasting from the official E3 stage in Los Angeles as well as the aforementioned spaceship.
The 2021 PC Gaming Show is presented by Intel and MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, partners with a longstanding legacy in PC gaming. This year's sci-fi theme celebrates the rich history and future of these two partners, a company and franchise that have defined the spirit of PC gaming.
As part of both E3 and Hottest Games of Summer, the show can be streamed on a record number of services, including Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Steam, TikTok, VENN, Reddit, Entertainment Weekly, and international partners such as WEBEDIA, Wechat, Bilibili, and AfreecaTV. PC Gamer will be working with both the ESA and Twitch to promote the show through prominent co-streamers.

#2 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:31 AM

Hmmm, EG7 and Microsoft manage to push to have MW5 as the primary co-sponsor to the E3 gaming show. Hopefully the polish to MW5 has been effective enough to draw in a bunch of new players (and thereby revenue) to keep the MechWarrior franchise alive. I suppose we'll see soon enough if MW5/MWO have any special announcements for this streaming event.

Curious, though: there's been no June Dev Vlog and we haven't gotten any information on specific Cauldron details for the June patch. Did E3 eat all the community management time? If that's the case it's understandable, but it would have been nice to be given a warning, first, not to expect much direct communication for the month.

Anyway, best of luck moving forward with MWO and MW5. Oh . . . and MWO Flamer fixes . . . hopefully they're in the June patch. We need those.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:43 AM

That definitely a prime spot, should see a bump in steam charts for MW5 from it.

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:21 AM

Cross-promotion marketing: give Hero mech(s) in MechWarrior Online for everyone who buys/bought the top-tier MW5 Dropship Collection pack.

#5 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:31 AM

Good news at every turn! Congratulations.

#6 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 13 June 2021 - 12:46 PM

. . . and this, to prove how quickly PGI backtrack on making any significant improvement to MWO. Another kick in the teeth for everyone who has supported MWO over the years and saw their financing of the game disappear into a series of vanity projects, namely S7 and MW5.

Focus on your supporter's needs for improvements in MWO.

#7 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 June 2021 - 02:05 PM

I can't believe they are doing a poll on regarding Battletech Factions... Im watching YongYea's Live stream and they just showed some of it.

BTW Glad to see you got put in that Interview Bombadil.

Edited by Wing 0, 13 June 2021 - 02:21 PM.

#8 Breidr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 13 June 2021 - 03:11 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 13 June 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

. . . and this, to prove how quickly PGI backtrack on making any significant improvement to MWO. Another kick in the teeth for everyone who has supported MWO over the years and saw their financing of the game disappear into a series of vanity projects, namely S7 and MW5.

Focus on your supporter's needs for improvements in MWO.

Yep, I keep seeing MW5 news here. This is MWOMercs, not MW5Mercs. Glad to see my support has been funneled. This is Planetside 2 all over again. I helped fund H1Z1 while my game was given the middle finger. THey do this whole Cauldron thing to hype us up, and then immediately go back to MW5 full time it seems.

I hope someone finds a way to mod multiplayer into MW5 so this game can finally die and I can play my mechs without playing $10 per chassis.

#9 AAllard

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 13 June 2021 - 03:16 PM

You know, I appreciate they are trying something. If MW5 goes will it might help get more help on MWO. Who knows. I did like the PC builds.

#10 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:01 PM

They did mention the release of MW5 on Steam etc would be taking up time and resources, and right now in MWO we have some pre-orders for interesting new variants and a free mech event where they are giving away 2 mechs.

MWO not the main focus, but it is better than nothing (which was the case for a long while in MWO) tbh.

It's only mid June so have some patience guys. Hopefully we see that patch come through as promised.

Edited by Kano111, 13 June 2021 - 05:07 PM.

#11 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:35 PM

View PostNightbird, on 13 June 2021 - 09:43 AM, said:

That definitely a prime spot, should see a bump in steam charts for MW5 from it.

View Postw0qj, on 13 June 2021 - 10:21 AM, said:

Cross-promotion marketing: give Hero mech(s) in MechWarrior Online for everyone who buys/bought the top-tier MW5 Dropship Collection pack.

View PostKano111, on 13 June 2021 - 05:01 PM, said:

They did mention the release of MW5 on Steam etc would be taking up time and resources, and right now in MWO we have some pre-orders for interesting new variants and a free mech event where they are giving away 2 mechs.

MWO not the main focus, but it is better than nothing (which was the case for a long while in MWO) tbh.

It's only mid June so have some patience guys. Hopefully we see that patch come through as promised.

People... I can see a way for PGI to get enough population after this mention of "PC Gamer" as to cause them to want to focus a lot more on MWO right now. All they would have to do is launch an in-game Event on MWO that made the unreachable "PC Gamer" Camo Pattern(s) possible to be earned for the Mech(s) which happen to have them. Either that, or make them possible to be purchased in-game when the player is in their "MechLab > Camo Spec > Pattern" section of the customization options. It would very likely draw positive attention in rather short order. B)

~D. V. "They are mentioning 'PC Gamer' here? They should make the Camo available in order to get more people." Devnull

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 07:27 PM

They already told us months ago that this was happening and MWO would pick up in august. This is Exactly what they said they were doing.

#13 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 17 June 2021 - 11:23 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 15 June 2021 - 07:27 PM, said:

They already told us months ago that this was happening and MWO would pick up in august. This is Exactly what they said they were doing.

Like they told us last August. And the August before that. How'd that go?

I believe not a single word they say about doing anything for Mechwarrior Online. Not. One. Word. They no longer deserve their customers trust.

#14 ChaosMarine

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 June 2021 - 01:02 PM

The PC Gamer show was cringe as all hell. I'd have asked for a refund.

#15 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 07:29 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 17 June 2021 - 11:23 AM, said:

Like they told us last August. And the August before that. How'd that go?

I believe not a single word they say about doing anything for Mechwarrior Online. Not. One. Word. They no longer deserve their customers trust.

What did they say last august you are talking about? The game was basically on maintenance and nothing was promised that i recall.

Maybe you have had your head under a rock since last october, but pretty much everything they talked about back in oct/nov they have been progressing towards.. and last i checked the game had a bunch of map reworks, and updates on long with huge balance changes some new mechs and a new map coming for years end if all goes as scheduled. If you wanna be bitter about what ever that is fine, but they have made a pretty solid game, and one of the best mech experiences to date. It's not perfect but hardly deserves the ridicule and rhetoric.

Its the same song people been singing since since 2014.. still not happy and mostly never will be.There is always mech 4 and legacy systems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users