114 replies to this topic

#101 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:56 PM

View PostClanWolfJ JEFFERoW2, on 19 July 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

Eltra Violet confermed. Replace the U with the E because you'll be seeing them poping up now.

Firemoth and/or Stone Rhino will be a great addition as a next pack for the clans.

Hate to be that smart-×××, but that would be the DWF-C not the DWF-E.

#102 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:03 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 July 2021 - 08:52 AM, said:

There is a disappointing amount of logic in this recommendation, as the Firemoth is definitely the type of 'mech that would require a high amount of skill to use properly.

That said, we don't have enough light 'mechs in the game as a universal observation (regardless of the "type" of light, there just aren't enough of them, overall).
Next to the firemoth i'd really love to see the Locust IIC and other IIC's we are missing perhaps a second IIC pack could be launched later.....

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 July 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

Correctly implemented, that only applies to Omnimechs that don't normally carry jump jets, but have a one-off version that does (DWF, BAS, TBR, NCT, ACW, COU, KFX, and any that I missed). 'Mechs that carry jump jets fixed to the base chassis should still not be able to remove or modify them (EXE, NTG, SMN, HMN, SHC, ACH, MLX, plus any of those that I missed). Just to keep expectations in check. (For what it's worth, you're supposed to be able to add jump jets to any Omnimech, willy-nilly, up to the engine rating divided by the tonnage, but of course: balance).
This exactly i remember when the kitfox had removable jump jets i came back one day to find my kitfox had too many jump jets, but I do agree that mechs that do not come with fixed jump jets should have pod mounted jump jets like the Kitfox Dire wolf etc.

#103 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:20 PM

Just a friendly reminder, there's a whole section about discussion of new mechs.
Mechwarrior Online 2021: Mechs

Please talk about other mechs than the Direwolf C and the Timberwolf Bountyhunter there.
Thank you.

#104 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:53 AM

I like this so much, but two questions...
1. COuld you allow the elementals on some other clan mechs, too?
2. You missed SUCH a big opportunity for the enhanced imaging for the coloring. Like the police lights on the urbanmech, pressing L would disable and enable it. I wish this was a thing

#105 evlkenevl

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 05:59 AM

Tron, what have you become?

#106 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:39 AM

#107 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:46 AM

Hope you guys all know that there are many of us who are very excited and appreciative for what we are getting. I'd kinda figured we were in "just bug fixes" mode, so seeing updated maps and such is great. Thank you to the whole team.

#108 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:18 PM

ok i gotta admit the elementals are pretty awesome, painting them is even more awesome, good job on that one guys, just finished building my mechs, haven't even run a match and I feel it is money well spent!

#109 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:37 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 15 July 2021 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hopefully towards the end of this month.

Posted Image

#110 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:58 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 August 2021 - 11:37 AM, said:

Posted Image

He did post in the event thread that the announcement would be this week. It is just Monday still.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 August 2021 - 11:44 AM, said:

Look for the August Free Mech Event Coming Next Week!

Edited by Kodan Black, 09 August 2021 - 11:58 AM.

#111 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 01:19 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 09 August 2021 - 11:58 AM, said:

He did post in the event thread that the announcement would be this week. It is just Monday still.

That's the free mech challenge, NOT the next IS variant booster pack.

#112 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 04:31 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 August 2021 - 01:19 PM, said:

That's the free mech challenge, NOT the next IS variant booster pack.

Ah, sorry. Got myself confused.

#113 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 02:18 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 17 July 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

I've been interested in, and advocating for the Firemoth for a long time. It faces the difficult problem of being TOO FAST. With MASC engaged, it exceeds the speed at which it can be reliable located over the network, and would be rubber-banding all over the place. I would love to see more opinions and discussion about how to solve that. If the whole community is all on board with nerfing it's top speed or somehow making it's MASC speed slower, that'd probably put it back into consideration.

The Firemoth is the only Clan mech with MASC Mk 1 right? Just set the MASC Mk 1 speed bonus to be under the threshold. No other mechs are effected, and you still get the agility bonus of MASC.

That's only if it takes minimal effort to bring into the game... It is just a Mist Lynx with the arms upside down after all Posted Image

As has been mentioned already, Lights don't usually make as much money, and the Firemoth would be no different. There are some popular mechs that would sell a lot better and would be a more feasible investment. Its unclear how feasible it is that we might see a new chassis in MWO as it is, let alone more than one, so there are probably better options.

P.S. The Warden mechs are great and were a great pack!

#114 Warpf1end

Rookie

• The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 04:40 PM

I came here 4 months later to see how to get elementals Posted Image I really look forward to seeing them on other omni-mechs.

#115 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 10:01 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users