Posted 17 July 2021 - 01:28 PM

#82 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 01:54 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 17 July 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

If the whole community is all on board with nerfing it's top speed or somehow making it's MASC speed slower, that'd probably put it back into consideration.

As a light pilot, I don't see an issue with nerfing the top speed. That been said, light mechs sell the worst of any weight class so for the health of the game I wouldn't recommend it anyways.

#83 Le Bum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:46 PM

By all means, if you ever find the time I would love to see little animations on the elementals in the future. They look awesome

#84 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:38 PM

Creating an alternate set of Elemental bolt-ons for other omnimechs is a thing I've considered. I'm also considering how to do it in a way that wouldn't diminish the exclusive Warden bolt-ons.

I've been interested in, and advocating for the Firemoth for a long time. It faces the difficult problem of being TOO FAST. With MASC engaged, it exceeds the speed at which it can be reliable located over the network, and would be rubber-banding all over the place. I would love to see more opinions and discussion about how to solve that. If the whole community is all on board with nerfing it's top speed or somehow making it's MASC speed slower, that'd probably put it back into consideration.
Perhaps removing the masC stating it as "Sacrifice to get it to work in game." I mean that would free up tonnage for maybe some other fancy ideas you guys can come up with (jump jets) for a hero mech or other builds.

On top of that i would really like to see some more IIC mechs like the Locust IIC Commando IIC Battlemaster IIC Shadowhawk IIC and the wolverine IIC (Aka Hellhound) i feel the clans really needs more mechs in the game to even out the huge amount of Inner sphere mechs.... i think the IICs and Dasher/Firemoth would be great.

I'd be on board for either removing the MASC or Reducing it's MASC speed to 170 or so? Alternativly maybe just make the MASC on board smaller thus also reducing it's masc speed?
Again this would have to be stated as "otherwise the game server would have trouble finding the mech in the game resulting in rubber-banding even on low ping" I can see the Prime, A, B, M and H, I configs being viable. The I configs improved heavy laser can be written off as "Well we don't give you and EMP effect with heavy lasers anyway" So on that note you guys can use any builds that carry improved heavy lasers since we kinda already have them... minus the explosion like a guass. Kinda pushing for removing it entirely or making it smaller....

On the note for the elementals maybe the warden ones are the only Bolt-ons with that special skin (like hero mechs special paint camos?? I'd be fine with that....

Edited by KursedVixen, 17 July 2021 - 10:30 PM.

#85 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:04 PM

Creating an alternate set of Elemental bolt-ons for other omnimechs is a thing I've considered. I'm also considering how to do it in a way that wouldn't diminish the exclusive Warden bolt-ons.

I've been interested in, and advocating for the Firemoth for a long time. It faces the difficult problem of being TOO FAST. With MASC engaged, it exceeds the speed at which it can be reliable located over the network, and would be rubber-banding all over the place. I would love to see more opinions and discussion about how to solve that. If the whole community is all on board with nerfing it's top speed or somehow making it's MASC speed slower, that'd probably put it back into consideration.

I like what I'm hearing with the Elemental Bolt-Ons being for other clan mechs. It would cause quite a stir for some people, just to hear, "Why couldn't you make some for my regular Summoner, or My Invasion Variants!? Why should the Warden mechs get special treatment when ours don't!?"

On a special note, when it comes to Battle Armor Bolt-ons, It would be nice to throw in the IS Standard Armor as Bolt-Ons. These babies would look nice on IS Mechs:
Posted Image

As for the Fire Moth, I am one of the people who agree that the Fire Moth MASC speed should be nerfed. I get that Fire Moth fans want the high speed, but you have to ask yourself this, "Do I want novelty or viability?". Honestly, I'd prefer viability because if we can get the Fire Moth with reduced MASC speed, then it would be a small price to pay, but a worthy sacrifice for its MWO debut.

Edited by Will9761, 18 July 2021 - 08:26 AM.

#86 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:27 PM

Fire Moth is an insta-buy for me.

I don't care how its issues are solved... I just want that little thing in game

Edited by Navid A1, 17 July 2021 - 11:27 PM.

#87 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,481 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 July 2021 - 12:41 AM

Any chance that the Clan version of the New Player Packs (and +CBill bonus cockpit items) would be introduced along with the Warden Booster Pack? :)

#88 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 626 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 July 2021 - 01:47 AM

Ahem.

What about adding standard, grey Elementals in the same manner like Warden specific Mech variants after some time?
Few posts earlier I've advocated for that Posted Image

My option would be to nerf the max speed, to tune up the boosted (with MASC) max speed to the maximum the (outdated) CryEngine could handle. Yet, I could ask for the Minefield consumable to counter; because with the Fire Moth speed-tank, killing it would be extremely difficult regardless.

#89 D E C A Y

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:17 AM

Will the quirks be changed when the mechs come out or will they get changed?

#90 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:14 AM

My thoughts from the other day on that were that given the Dasher's low armor capacity the rubber banding issue might not be such a bad thing, as it can be manipulated and used defensively by players in place of the armor the 'mech doesn't have in the first place. The counter to this is that the 'mech can pretty much be one-shot by any weapon with any reasonable range.

A question, Mark: what is this "top speed", exactly, that you're unwilling to go above? The Firemoth's base speed, with speed tweak, is 174.2 kph. If you're willing to push it to 200 kph with MASC (vs the 216 it's supposed to go, which becomes 232.2 with speed tweak), I suppose that's an acceptable reduction. If your cap is at 175, though, I'm not sure 0.8 kph is worth it.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 18 July 2021 - 08:16 AM.

#91 P o l a r i s

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:55 PM

What about creating an alternative to the artillery/air strikes and make an elemental strike? One that obviously spawns elementals at the feet of mechs in a certain radius. They then fire ERSML or Micro lasers at enemies inside the radius for a short duration of time or until destroyed.

Edited by P o l a r i s, 22 July 2021 - 08:31 PM.

#92 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 626 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 July 2021 - 10:15 PM

View PostP o l a r i s, on 18 July 2021 - 05:55 PM, said:

What about creating an alternative to the artillery/air strikes and make an elemental strike? One that obviously spawns elementals at the feet of mechs in a certain radius. They then fire ERSML or Micro lasers at everyone in the radius for a short duration of time or until destroyed.

At everyone would be very dishonorable, you know. Posted Image
Let's just stay vs enemy.

View PostWill9761, on 17 July 2021 - 10:04 PM, said:

(...)
On a special note, when it comes to Battle Armor Bolt-ons, It would be nice to throw in the IS Standard Armor as Bolt-Ons. These babies would look nice on IS Mechs:

[image here]

Yeah, I would definitely accept IS Standard BA, yet... We still don't have IS Omni's, you know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View PostWill9761, on 17 July 2021 - 10:04 PM, said:

As for the Fire Moth, I am one of the people who agree that the Fire Moth MASC speed should be nerfed. I get that Fire Moth fans want the high speed, but you have to ask yourself this, "Do I want novelty or viability?". Honestly, I'd prefer viability because if we can get the Fire Moth with reduced MASC speed, then it would be a small price to pay, but a worthy sacrifice for its MWO debut.

I've opted to nerf base speed to the extent that boosted speed would match the maximum speed the CryEngine can support; That would be sufficient to make Fire Moth relatively killable (especially with neg quirk about increased recieving crit chance on MASC) without making it OP Locust, Piranha, Cheetah or Flea or whatever you use for speed-tanking. Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 18 July 2021 - 10:15 PM.

#93 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2021 - 04:48 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 18 July 2021 - 10:15 PM, said:

I've opted to nerf base speed to the extent that boosted speed would match the maximum speed the CryEngine can support; That would be sufficient to make Fire Moth relatively killable (especially with neg quirk about increased recieving crit chance on MASC) without making it OP Locust, Piranha, Cheetah or Flea or whatever you use for speed-tanking. Posted Image

You don't have to nerf base speed to nerf MASC boost. The Shadow Cat is a prime example of this: its base speed is 97.2 kph, but its MASC speed is only 108 kph. Per the rules of MASC, the Shadow Cat should be moving 129.6 kph (Arctic Cheetah Speed). 108 KPH is the speed anything that moves a base of 81 kph is supposed to boost to with MASC engaged.

So it's entirely possible to allow the Firemoth to move its base speed of 162, and only get a 10 kph boost, instead of the 33% speed boost that it's supposed to have, which is what "breaks the game".

I still think, as weak as the Dasher is supposed to be (and this would work better if Omnis had fixed armor allocations, as they're technically supposed to, as well), "engage rubber-band mode" would be a legitimate defensive tactic for MWO pilots to use. :)

#94 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 July 2021 - 06:43 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 July 2021 - 04:48 AM, said:

I still think, as weak as the Dasher is supposed to be (and this would work better if Omnis had fixed armor allocations, as they're technically supposed to, as well), "engage rubber-band mode" would be a legitimate defensive tactic for MWO pilots to use. Posted Image
The Dasher would be no weaker than a Locust or Piranha

#95 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:21 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 19 July 2021 - 06:43 AM, said:

The Dasher would be no weaker than a Locust or Piranha

Well, and that's why I brought up "fixed armor allocations". Technically Omnis couldn't change how much armor they carried, or where they carried it, so the Dasher would have been stuck at only 2 tons of armor, instead of being able to raise it to the 20 ton max of 4 tons. As it is, the stock base speed with reduced MASC speed will be the best option, provided that still caps out close to 200 kph, and isn't restricted to 175 or something.

#96 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:52 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 19 July 2021 - 08:46 AM, said:

As much as I would appreciate another clan light, if a new mech gets released it should not be a light mech. It has to be something that works for new players and mech dads as well so it doesn't fail in sales.

There is a disappointing amount of logic in this recommendation, as the Firemoth is definitely the type of 'mech that would require a high amount of skill to use properly.

That said, we don't have enough light 'mechs in the game as a universal observation (regardless of the "type" of light, there just aren't enough of them, overall).

#97 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 745 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 19 July 2021 - 03:21 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 July 2021 - 07:44 PM, said:

pretty sure i already pointed that out in this thread and on the youtube vid as well as many other people Posted Image

And? Am I supposed to check every single comment to check if someone somewhere sometime made a similar observation? Hate to break it out to you but chances are everything you say and do was said and done before by someone else. But you don't have smartasses telling you that they said the same before you did, don't you?

#98 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,481 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 July 2021 - 04:01 PM

At least return back to us the option to remove JumpJet from Omnimech torso/leg parts... like it was before... thanks!

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 July 2021 - 08:21 AM, said:

Well, and that's why I brought up "fixed armor allocations". Technically Omnis couldn't change how much armor they carried, or where they carried it, so the Dasher would have been stuck at only 2 tons of armor, instead of being able to raise it to the 20 ton max of 4 tons. As it is, the stock base speed with reduced MASC speed will be the best option, provided that still caps out close to 200 kph, and isn't restricted to 175 or something.

#99 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2021 - 06:28 PM

View Postw0qj, on 19 July 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

At least return back to us the option to remove JumpJet from Omnimech torso/leg parts... like it was before... thanks!

Correctly implemented, that only applies to Omnimechs that don't normally carry jump jets, but have a one-off version that does (DWF, BAS, TBR, NCT, ACW, COU, KFX, and any that I missed). 'Mechs that carry jump jets fixed to the base chassis should still not be able to remove or modify them (EXE, NTG, SMN, HMN, SHC, ACH, MLX, plus any of those that I missed). Just to keep expectations in check. (For what it's worth, you're supposed to be able to add jump jets to any Omnimech, willy-nilly, up to the engine rating divided by the tonnage, but of course: balance).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 19 July 2021 - 06:29 PM.

#100 JEFFERoW2

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:03 PM

Eltra Violet confermed. Replace the U with the E because you'll be seeing them poping up now.

Firemoth and/or Stone Rhino will be a great addition as a next pack for the clans.

Edited by ClanWolfJ JEFFERoW2, 19 July 2021 - 07:04 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook