114 replies to this topic

#41 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 06:30 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 16 July 2021 - 04:02 AM, said:

Haven't heard anything more than the rumor that "The cauldron is updating them". My desired end-state for JJ is for my DWF to be able to lift itself through an opening in Crimson Strait and land on the upper deck. I envision extending the reticule shake to be anytime a 'mech is off its feet (even a non-JJ 'mech falling off an edge), to balance the super-high poptarting that would suddenly be possible.

You'll probably be a bit underwhelmed if that's what you're hoping for. Lights are getting a large buff, mediums essentially nothing, heavies and light assaults are getting a small buff and heavy assaults are getting a medium buff.

Here's what a few omni-mechs with locked-in jump jets are getting as an increase in jump height for example:
MLX: 98.9% increase
ACH: 93.0% increase
SHC: 3.9% increase
HMN: 4.5% increase
SMN: 27.0% increase
EXE: 65.9% increase

You can read more details about it (including charts for all jump jet quantities at all weights) here: https://mwomercs.com...mpjet-overhaul/

#42 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 16 July 2021 - 06:36 AM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 15 July 2021 - 11:33 AM, said:

(...)
The materials for them came along rather quickly, as it's the exact same setup as the 'Mechs, and yes, the Elementals are colourable.

Posted Image

The exciting part, getting them all working together! I originally had a stretch goal of trying to put some idle animation on a few of them, something subtle, where they'd stay still for a while, then move a little bit. It was ambitious, and while I really liked the idea, I knew it was unlikely I'd have time to do that before the deadline. As I expected, there wasn't time, and so they remain static.

Posted Image

(...)

What a shame, it would be damn awesome to see the whole Point being ready to swarm the enemy mech.Posted Image

And BTW:

Please add Standard Elementals for purchase for Clan OmniMechs for , AFF? Posted Image

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 July 2021 - 11:30 AM, said:

REMINDER!

There will be a Warden Pack Challenge Event once the pack is delivered.

DO NOT sell your Standard Variants until the event has concluded!

Good that you've remembered this time to post the warning Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 16 July 2021 - 06:41 AM.

#43 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 July 2021 - 06:55 AM

So are the elementals paintable??

#44 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:07 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 July 2021 - 06:55 AM, said:

So are the elementals paintable??

Yes, they said that they are paintable.

#45 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:24 AM

#46 MechWpnsTech

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:56 AM

are both mechs omni mechs or only the one? timber wolf with fixed slots instead of omni like the rest of them ?

#47 Kurt the Merc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 08:22 AM

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 16 July 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

are both mechs omni mechs or only the one? timber wolf with fixed slots instead of omni like the rest of them ?

It has some of its quirks listed as set bonuses so I think we are good.

#48 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 16 July 2021 - 08:45 AM

All this is undoubtedly cool, but guys, take the money and animate the elementals. Let them militantly shake their arms with their arms and squat a little along with the movement of mech.

#49 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 16 July 2021 - 08:45 AM

I can't wait to NOT SELL STANDARD VARIANTS FOR C-BILLS DUE TO EVENT. (Not that I ever do, but just figure it can't hurt to make sure everyone has as much warning as possible.)

#50 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 July 2021 - 08:53 AM

Need Elemental Point Consumable now.

#51 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 July 2021 - 09:23 AM

View PostLepestok, on 16 July 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

All this is undoubtedly cool, but guys, take the money and animate the elementals. Let them militantly shake their arms with their arms and squat a little along with the movement of mech.

View PostKodan Black, on 16 July 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

I can't wait to NOT SELL STANDARD VARIANTS FOR C-BILLS DUE TO EVENT. (Not that I ever do, but just figure it can't hurt to make sure everyone has as much warning as possible.)

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 July 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

LOL! :lol: ... Either through direct statement or reverse psychology of post, the three of you make me chuckle a bit. Thanks for the humor, because it definitely helps my day to not be dreary. :D

~D. V. "got a good laugh from these thoughts about Warden Pack stuff, and they are thankful for it" Devnull

#52 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 16 July 2021 - 10:17 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 15 July 2021 - 10:10 PM, said:

that's jump jet capacity not quirks....

OK, you know what I mean

Edited by GargoyleVine, 16 July 2021 - 10:18 AM.

#53 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 16 July 2021 - 11:03 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 16 July 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

[DO] NOT SELL STANDARD VARIANTS FOR C-BILLS DUE TO EVENT.

quoting for extra visibility

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 16 July 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Both are omnis, they just decided to use "BH" as an omni configuration name instead of something unused with a single letter. Unlike the Warrant, it will be a CBill version, not a hero mech (once you can buy it ingame).

#54 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 July 2021 - 11:38 AM

View PostLepestok, on 16 July 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

going along with the idle animation idea how about making them dance or do some animation when the player get's a kill with them on... like how some cockpit items have animations when you get a kill i think that would be aewsome.

#55 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 11:54 AM

#56 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:00 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 07:24 AM, said:

Yes, in exactly the same way as the mech skin. The base gray, dark green paneling and the bright green wireframe are all colorable. The brightness on the wireframe uses a lot of spec and gloss though, so the green will hint through most colors, like the red on the Stryker pack's grand dragon.

Excellent.

*Prepares TRON camo*

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 July 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

Could use it, along with the minefields. Although rather Elementals would have a hard time against pesky lolcusts, rofleas, reeranhas and cheaters. Posted Image

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 July 2021 - 11:38 AM, said:

going along with the idle animation idea how about making them dance or do some animation when the player get's a kill with them on... like how some cockpit items have animations when you get a kill i think that would be aewsome.

Match that up with awesome warhorn, like Red WC 2017 one...
Yeah, that would be damn awesome. Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 16 July 2021 - 12:01 PM.

#57 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:02 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

As much as all of these ideas are beyond scope, and about 2 months too late to do anything about, this is the first one I hadn't thought of already, and I love it.

And for those who are sharing what they wish this stuff could do, I know. And please understand your sharing is valuable, and you should not stop. It might give me a good idea for the future, or find a way to make a popular idea happen.

what you could do is if you want to add animations to them is to set a deadline for around August 10~ and see what you can do (stick with something simple), then used that as a bonus reason to get the early adopters bonus before it ends on August 17th

additionally you can do that and recycle them for elementals without the Neon paint scheme for other clan mechs

Edited by minnowzzz, 16 July 2021 - 12:03 PM.

#58 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:07 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 15 July 2021 - 11:33 AM, said:

I hope you all enjoyed this, and I'll be watching this thread for a couple days, answering as many questions as I can, so please ask away.

Man i love this sorta deep dive into the dev side of things. I really wish you guys would do a monthly blog or something. Taking an hour once a month to do a quick write up about the behind the scenes of something. I find this stuff incredibly interesting. Even stuff like the engine or gui. Maybe I'm just a nerd but i hope love this stuff and would like to see more.

Any info on the re-scale and how that will effect these mechs in particular? Can't wait to try, you had me at Pulse laser quirk (my favorite timber built)

Any chance of adding these bolt on's to other mechs in the same chassis and not just the pack mechs? (aka buying the pack unlocks the ablity to add this stuff to my other mechs of the same type. For example Buying extra's and then using them on all my thunder bolts, Or adding elementals to say a hero dire that i want to buy. Posted Image

One last thing, while i do like your final skin on the lower pic (looks kinda metallic) I really love the other one above on the right with the missile pack, It really looks fantastic. Please consider adding that as a timber skin as well (even if we would have to wait a bit, but i don't think anyone would complain about having a second skin injected to their account down the road. Maybe a holiday gift for all.

Cheers and keep up the great work. I cant wait to see future bolt-ons, the latest ones from the last two packs are really a big step up from the earlier stuff.

Edited by JC Daxion, 16 July 2021 - 12:22 PM.

#59 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:14 PM

Any chance we can see the color channels for both the Elementals and Warden Mechs? I'm itching to see what different colors look like on both.

#60 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:24 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 16 July 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

And for those who are sharing what they wish this stuff could do, I know. And please understand your sharing is valuable, and you should not stop. It might give me a good idea for the future, or find a way to make a popular idea happen.

Was also thinking about adding some voice-overs and specific commands (on the Command Wheel, of course highlighted) to use Elementals to secure area / swarm the enemy / support fire etc.

The inspiration came when I've thought about implementing Lament and his Drone Operating System to command Drone Mechs Posted Image

But probably that would be dead in the water as it is. Posted Image

EDIT:

View PostWill9761, on 16 July 2021 - 12:14 PM, said:

Any chance we can see the color channels for both the Elementals and Warden Mechs? I'm itching to see what different colors look like on both.

I would approve, hence my idea to go full TRON Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 16 July 2021 - 12:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users