44 replies to this topic

#21 D E C A Y

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 August 2021 - 06:48 AM

thx guys really needed this event no gsp rn hope to see more of these soon!

#22 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 August 2021 - 10:55 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 August 2021 - 06:26 AM, said:

You didn't give me enough time to recognize the Event's number and post again. I only just caught wind that we're on Event #420 now. Heck, it makes me wonder what kind of plant that the folks at PGI are smoking here. I think that I may just want some. Posted Image

I would as well. Posted Image

Perhaps something from the Braben's Frontier?

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 August 2021 - 06:26 AM, said:

By the way... Are you sure you really don't want/need the total of "77 GSP + 3 Days Active Premium Time" for yourself? It's pretty darned juicy! Posted Image

~D. V. "and now the Organically-Related '420' Joke has finally been cracked..." Devnull

Please, I have enough of GSP atm.
The offer whole wouldn't suffice for even 1 Mech! Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 07 August 2021 - 10:58 AM.

#23 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 07 August 2021 - 11:16 AM

I appreciate it!

Edited by catgirl, 07 August 2021 - 11:16 AM.

#24 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 August 2021 - 12:27 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 August 2021 - 12:02 AM, said:

Oh, the bar ain't THAT low....... Otherwise, I would have collected my 'Ace Of Spades' Achievement at some time in the last 5+ years of being here... give or take the year that I was away, anyway. Posted Image ~D. V. "You underestimate those 'potatoes' which you are talking about!" Devnull

250 match score twice? Thats less than average i believe lol

Dont even know why they have these. Might as just well give the gsp for logging in.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 07 August 2021 - 12:28 PM.

#25 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 August 2021 - 04:05 PM

View PostCh_R0me, on 07 August 2021 - 10:55 AM, said:

I would as well. Posted Image

Perhaps something from the Braben's Frontier?

Eh... maybe... provided it isn't what got turned into the "Terra Therma" battlezone. We both definitely would not want to be inhaling volcanic ashes. :P

View PostCh_R0me, on 07 August 2021 - 10:55 AM, said:

Please, I have enough of GSP atm.
The offer whole wouldn't suffice for even 1 Mech! Posted Image

Maybe not a whole 91-Point Mastered Skilling for a Mech which you own, sure. But it would have come within 11,200 XP (14 GSP) of completing such a Skilling application. That's a rather healthy distance covered. ^_^

Oh well... I do understand what burnout feels like. Enjoy the rest, and I'll catch you later! ;)

View PostMonkey Lover, on 07 August 2021 - 12:27 PM, said:

250 match score twice? Thats less than average i believe lol

Actually, from the last things elsewhere on these Forums which I was hearing, the Average Match Score has fallen off to around 220 or so. But no, that is still not Potato Level by any means, as that kind of performance is down around an Average 150 Match Score or less. Like was said in my previous post, it would probably be that I gained my "Ace Of Spades" Achievement long since by now if people had fallen to that level. Heck, since the PSR Reset and changes, then I would probably also have a 'Tier 1' Badge again already too. Oh yeah... don't forget the overload of Headshots to go with that, as I would probably be then amongst the 1K+ Headshots Group of the player base, and further have the "Guillotine" Achievement long since to go with it! Wouldn't that be funny... :mellow: -_- :lol:

View PostMonkey Lover, on 07 August 2021 - 12:27 PM, said:

Dont even know why they have these. Might as just well give the gsp for logging in.

Oh? You know THAT would be too easy, right? People have to show they're invested enough to earn it and stick around for a bit in order to collect the GSP to use. Otherwise, there could be a ton of Accounts made, and people picking up the GSP in their stuff, only to have all those names fall dormant again because they encountered something they were not really invested in. The toughest thing with an online game is always getting people to feel attached – or at least invested enough – to actually want to stick around. :(

~D. V. "When you want to '420 Blaze' in the fictional MWO atmosphere, you do not want to be getting smoked." Devnull

[One minor little Edit by the Post's Author due to how the post laid out... All fixed now!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 07 August 2021 - 04:07 PM.

#26 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:02 PM

Thank you for this event, hope more of this in the future!

#27 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 August 2021 - 11:23 PM

PGI this event is a miss for me, and a big one. 90% of my gameplay time is skilling up mechs. Right now I have just one mech to finish up (probably will end skilling it in next two matches). After that I will almost stop playing. Grinding c-bills is a thing I don't want to do.

#28 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 12:48 AM

View PostGarran Tana, on 07 August 2021 - 11:23 PM, said:

PGI this event is a miss for me, and a big one. 90% of my gameplay time is skilling up mechs. Right now I have just one mech to finish up (probably will end skilling it in next two matches). After that I will almost stop playing. Grinding c-bills is a thing I don't want to do.

I think you're missing something here. Those various Challenges which reward GSP mean that you effectively are NOT spending out (C-Bills) which you're complaining over the grind of. As a friendly reminder, you're looking at a formula where...

"1 GSP = 45K (C-Bills) + 800 G(eneral)XP"

...is all packed up into a single item. In essence, by doing the Event and completing stuff, the result is that you're NOT losing here, but gaining instead. And further, you're also gaining towards any future Mech-making that you may eventually do. All told, that is a rather nice plus, so don't discount yourself here! ^_^

Also, do you have any other alternate long-standing goals on MWO which you're trying to reach? Maybe you can also put toward some effort on those! :)

~D. V. "You don't have to entirely limit your fun, Garran Tana, to the Skill Node work that you do." Devnull

#29 Tommy Atkins

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 August 2021 - 03:33 AM

View PostWid1046, on 06 August 2021 - 03:40 PM, said:

It is a clever formula, however you started with the wrong number. They aren't giving away a prize with 1 GSP in it, so instead you get (2 + 12) * (11 / 2) = 14 * 5.5 = 77

Yeah, I thought it would be 78, but the first reward isn't 1 GSP, it's 3 days Premium Time which kind of messed up the math.

They should do a GSP event with an arithmetic progression from 1-13 to get that 91, though. They could call it the Baker's Dozen Event or something.

#30 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 August 2021 - 05:11 AM

77 GSP seem a tad low.. not even one mech skilled up..

I know its free but still. meh.

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 05:14 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 09 August 2021 - 05:11 AM, said:

77 GSP seem a tad low.. not even one mech skilled up..

I know its free but still. meh.

As a compensation for the missed GSP from the lootbags, it's plenty, though.

#32 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 09 August 2021 - 05:42 AM

This is literally an added extra event that gives you free GSP and people are complaining. Posted Image

#33 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2021 - 08:28 AM

Any plans for sales anytime soon?

#34 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:19 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 09 August 2021 - 08:28 AM, said:

Any plans for sales anytime soon?

It would probably be better to hold off on sales until after whenever they finish the quirk patches. Apparently at least the Shadowhawk and Centurion are planned for this month, however the only person that I've heard that those particular mechs were confirmed from never replied when asked where they got their information.

Hopefully they'll be able to finish the quirks in two months like the mobility patches, which would make September a fantastic time for a sale.

View PostHeavy Money, on 05 August 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

We know that the patch later this month is going to be a first batch of quirk passes on some of the most underperforming chassis/variants. The only two confirmed so far are Shadowhawk and Centurion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the free mech is one of these mechs that is getting re-quirked. It wasn't a coincidence that they did a Timberwolf the month that it was getting its agility buff that turned it into one of the best heavies.

So don't be surprised if it IS a current crap mech, but it likely won't be crap for long.

#35 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 06:52 PM

View PostWid1046, on 09 August 2021 - 09:19 AM, said:

It would probably be better to hold off on sales until after whenever they finish the quirk patches. Apparently at least the Shadowhawk and Centurion are planned for this month, however the only person that I've heard that those particular mechs were confirmed from never replied when asked where they got their information.

Hopefully they'll be able to finish the quirks in two months like the mobility patches, which would make September a fantastic time for a sale.

Mayhaps, but I'm still aching for a sale so I can test the JJ changes from last month. My touman is a little light on JJ capable heavies and assaults for some reason (probably because JJs weren't a big selling point prior to the patch), and now I'm hankering for a couple of Victors, Highlanders, and MAD-IIs test out the viability of JJs on bigger mechs.

#36 Ludo22

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:06 PM

This was not my favorite event. I finished the requirements in a weekend by just casually playing and then clicking redeem when I was done for the day. Any event is nice since it is basically free stuff but this has been the least interesting event since I picked the game up again in February.

#37 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 August 2021 - 07:17 AM

Propose Special Mega Mech Package Sale (Pre-Cauldron Quirk Balance Pass), for big mech packages US$80 and above!

https://mwomercs.com...rk-balance-pass

View PostWid1046, on 09 August 2021 - 09:19 AM, said:

#38 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 01:36 PM

Nice amount of GSP, now next event pls.Posted Image

#39 Duck Dodgers of the Quack Clan

• Pip
  • The Raptor
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 07:32 PM

Thank-you for the event, However, I was alarmed to notice the unnecessarily violent and threatening name assigned to the third challenge -- "Duck Hunt." This primitive pastime should not be encouraged. Duck lives matter!

Sincerely,
Duck Dodgers of the Quack Clan

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 11:11 PM

View PostDuck Dodgers of the Quack Clan, on 10 August 2021 - 07:32 PM, said:

Thank-you for the event, However, I was alarmed to notice the unnecessarily violent and threatening name assigned to the third challenge -- "Duck Hunt." This primitive pastime should not be encouraged. Duck lives matter!

Sincerely,
Duck Dodgers of the Quack Clan

Hello there, Duck Dodgers ....... Are you allowing yourself to be creatively offended here? It sure seems like that is what happens to be going on here. Why do I think this? Because the word "Duck" can be used to reference something else which hides, such as that Mech & player who threw the UAV in the air. So what the phrase "Duck Hunt" happens to reference in this case literally has NOTHING to do with the bird animal. Instead, what it has to do with is the person hiding – or "ducking down" – who happens to be deploying that UAV consumable, which one must then shoot – or "hunt" – down out of the air. That is literally all it is, and NOTHING more! B)

~D. V. "disspelling your misconception of the phrase 'Duck Hunt' in the 'Shoot To Skill' Event's usage" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users