#41 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 05:18 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 23 August 2021 - 05:13 AM, said:

AMEN! Brother! AMEN! Posted Image

That moment when you made a lot of kills/damage/assists/match points and then have a look at the Event Stats : Hmm... I seem to be missing some WINS ?!?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I had a lot of matches where my damage output was high or even made multiple Solo Kills but my team thought it was a better idea to LURM and camp the whole time so we lose anyway and they don't even do 50% of my damage output at the end! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sometimes I am really having some serious doubts if I should keep on playing this game from time to time... Posted ImagePosted Image

Look at it that way, if people like you stop playing the s****y lurmers win and there's less of us against mor of them... Posted Image

#42 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:20 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 23 August 2021 - 05:18 AM, said:

Look at it that way, if people like you stop playing the s****y lurmers win and there's less of us against mor of them... Posted Image

Thank you for the inspiring words! :)

#43 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:44 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 23 August 2021 - 05:18 AM, said:

View PostRoodkapje, on 25 August 2021 - 09:20 AM, said:

Thank you for the inspiring words! Posted Image

Now if only everyone could just get to the point again where they respect each other's combat styles, are all willing to actively communicate, and would keep their Team alive around them... Then the various matches that we all play could be a lot more fun too. :D

Heck, I know this is a discussion for a different topic... such as one I know is in progress in the General Discussion area... (Please just take my words here as a passing thought, and do not expand discussion about this within this thread!!!) .......

Spoiler

...and... I will throw that in a shrinker here because the page simply does not need extra scroll. :(

~D. V. "Like you, wishing they knew where the communication from 5.5 years ago went..." Devnull

[Quick Edit by the Post Author for a formatting inconsistency...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 25 August 2021 - 01:46 PM.

#44 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:26 PM

Don't mistake my words here, Dev. I do appreciate LRM support for their capabilities to suppress enemy movement and softening targets! It's the s****y lurmers I don't like. You know the ones hanging out 800m away from the enemy, shooting all their ordnance into terrain... Posted Image

#45 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 10:18 AM

Okay... I'm at fault for the slight off-topic, but I should not be unclear with my own standing on things... :wacko:

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 25 August 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

Don't mistake my words here, Dev. I do appreciate LRM support for their capabilities to suppress enemy movement and softening targets! It's the s****y lurmers I don't like. You know the ones hanging out 800m away from the enemy, shooting all their ordnance into terrain... Posted Image

I hear that and agree, as people definitely should never waste Lock-On Missiles by splatting them on the terrain. :D

I'm worried more about the ones who honestly want to be Team Support and hit the Enemy with those Lock-On Missiles but fall under most (or more likely, ALL) of the following criteria...
  • have to fight their own body, either due to age or disability
  • can't get things to lock fast enough to feel safe about coming closer than 800m
  • can't deal enough damage because the spread is too wide
  • have to stay behind cover because Torso Twist is not allowed while attacking
  • have a slow computer which can't be upgraded, and are therefore unable to handle the overload from incoming LoS Ballistic Weapon attacks
  • can't handle LoS battling because of one or more of the above (particularly the first item)
...and yet are also serious about playing & battling on MWO while not asking their Team to unnecessarily overexpose for them. :mellow:

Heck, there used to be a time about 5.5 years ago when I remember that a LRM-Boat which also had SRMs on-board (as in, more of a hybrid build) could help get a good push going, and be able to help rapidly crush targets at a range bracket of about 230m from what they were hitting. But, we have ended up with OverNerfed Missiles both in Locking and Non-Locking forms, with the MRM ending up king in capability over all of them to the point of "OverBoat Or Die" to make anything else work, and even then it still ends up that sometimes those simply can't. If only we could get communication & coordination among Teams to become more of a thing again, as those are the days I wish would return, then the game might have a better chance of recovering a giant active population... *sigh* -_-

EDIT (a few minutes later) :: Admittedly however, the state of Events has improved in the last 5.5 years... I would not want to have that revert! :wub:

~D. V. "Maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses, but I could swear that MWO was a lot better 5.5 years ago." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 26 August 2021 - 10:26 AM.

#46 Agent Super Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 11:01 AM

Almost time for next month - it's been a year since the last time letter and number decals were on sale - any chance colorable decals will be on sale with next month's event?
A lot of new players need to adorn their mechs :D

#47 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 01:28 PM

View PostAgent Super Chicken, on 09 September 2021 - 11:01 AM, said:

Almost time for next month - it's been a year since the last time letter and number decals were on sale - any chance colorable decals will be on sale with next month's event?
A lot of new players need to adorn their mechs Posted Image

Before we get to that... I think one thing needs to be said to Matt/Daeron and anyone else at PGI who helped with making this Event possible... ;)

THANK YOU for this month's Shadow Hawk SHD-2K Event, Matt/Daeron/'Events Team @ PGI'!!! :D

And now for me to get ready for unpacking my own, since all of my Challenges on the roster are done. B)

~D. V. "It's always a good idea to be thankful for the enjoyable things which one has earned!" Devnull

#48 Vulso

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:57 AM

Looking forward to the September event. ;)

#49 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:17 AM

View PostVulso, on 15 September 2021 - 03:57 AM, said:

Looking forward to the September event. Posted Image

This ^^^^ :D

#50 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary