Shadow Hawk Shd-2K - August Free Mech Event

49 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 August 2021 - 01:48 AM

EDIT :: See you all on the battlefields, once I can get there. Somebody keeps making my teleporter to 3062 disappear off somewhere. -_-

View PostWulverado, on 12 August 2021 - 11:34 AM, said:

I like the way you earn these grazy loots, slugging Dakka on the field!

You might want to re-read the Event's Challenges once more. Sorry about bursting your bubble, but it's not really all Dakka here... :unsure:

~D. V. "Dakka will only get you one-third of the way for Weapon-Specific Damage stuff." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 13 August 2021 - 01:49 AM.

#22 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 13 August 2021 - 02:36 AM

View Postw0qj, on 12 August 2021 - 09:42 AM, said:

I trust that MWO would add something substantial to the IS mech side this time around (3rd Quarter mech pack),
because the Clan Warden Booster Pack had added substantial to the Clan side, ECM or Dire Wolf (!!), and ECM for Timber Wolf (!). Posted Image

Since IS has no omnis, the value of clan packs will probably always be higher than IS packs.
At this point it seems PGI stays with "what is the least exciting possible variant of an IS mech that someone mentioned that we still can sell?" like the DRG-1G instead of the DRG-7K.

View PostCh_R0me, on 12 August 2021 - 10:46 AM, said:

I would be more inclined to buy Q3 MekPak if it would be good (like IS OmniMechs for example Posted Image)

IS omnis will not be introduced in a quarterly pack, as you probably know. Should they ever get to do them, I'd guess there'll be a long preorder phase with multi stage packs like they did with f.e. the Phoenix mechs.

#23 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 13 August 2021 - 04:37 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 13 August 2021 - 02:36 AM, said:

IS omnis will not be introduced in a quarterly pack, as you probably know. Should they ever get to do them, I'd guess there'll be a long preorder phase with multi stage packs like they did with f.e. the Phoenix mechs.

Fine by me. If only decide to do so, that is...

#24 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:26 AM

Motion to include *new* Loyalty Mech, Dragon DRG-7K for the 2021 Annual (Loyalty) Reward Program! :)

View PostBuenaventura, on 13 August 2021 - 02:36 AM, said:

...we ... like the DRG-1G instead of the DRG-7K. ...

#25 AwDangit

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 07:01 AM

after you complete the one that gives the mech, how long until you get it?

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:15 AM

View PostAwDangit, on 13 August 2021 - 07:01 AM, said:

As long as it takes for you to...
  • Pull up the In-Game Event Browser
  • Expand the "Active Events" section
  • Click on the name of the current Event, in this case "Shadow Hawk SHD-2K - August Free Mech Event"
  • Scroll down to the correct Challenge, in this case "The Prize"
  • Click the "Claim" button in that Challenge object
...and within seconds, the "Shadow Hawk SHD-2K" plus a fresh "Mech Bay" will be instantly yours. This is the ONLY way to get the Event Challenge Tracker Items instantly. :D

Now with that said, I hope you did NOT use the Event Web Page's "Redeem" button. Unfortunately, if you did, then you're in for one bloody long wait. It could take anywhere from the short period of 15 Minutes if you're lucky, to several hours, or even the next day. Or it could even be stuck such that you have to shut down MWO and then bring it back up to re-login. And that sadly will not guarantee it either. More insanely, it could also silently inject without telling you, and you'll have to go digging around for it, only to feel bad that you could not find it sooner. :(

So... Whatever you do, please ALWAYS do your Claims/Redeems of Event Challenge Tracker Items via the In-Game Event Browser function. Trust me when I tell you that you will NEVER regret doing it this way. :huh:

~D. V. "hopes that they saved you, and that your SHD-2K Mech is not totally stuck in limbo" Devnull

#27 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 05:20 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 August 2021 - 09:15 AM, said:

So... Whatever you do, please ALWAYS do your Claims/Redeems of Event Challenge Tracker Items via the In-Game Event Browser function. Trust me when I tell you that you will NEVER regret doing it this way. Posted Image

No.

As soon as you are waiting for the mechbay to load, the web version updates. It takes up to 10 seconds to load the in game rewards thing, and you have to wait for the mechbay to load first.

If you're trying to bash through an event quickly, the in game browser takes way too long to check what you still need. I only use it at the end of an event to make sure I got everything.

#28 Haven17

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:38 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 14 August 2021 - 05:20 PM, said:

No.

As soon as you are waiting for the mechbay to load, the web version updates. It takes up to 10 seconds to load the in game rewards thing, and you have to wait for the mechbay to load first.

If you're trying to bash through an event quickly, the in game browser takes way too long to check what you still need. I only use it at the end of an event to make sure I got everything.

yep but seems to be fine to me. give it a few mins, shd-2k is a fun versatile mech with top mounts!

#29 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 08:23 AM

If you're trying to bash through an event quickly, the in game browser takes way too long to check what you still need.

I only use it at the end of an event to make sure I got everything.

Not my experience over the years that I have been playing this game ?!

Having a laptop or an extra monitor on which you can see the webpage is not that bad at all! ;)

#30 BabySusie

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 05:34 PM

Is the shoulder mount on the free mech energy and ballistic or just energy?

View PostAwDangit, on 13 August 2021 - 07:01 AM, said:

You should receive it immediately like the Atlas AS7-D in the Beach party event

#31 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 15 August 2021 - 08:04 PM

View PostBabySusie, on 15 August 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

Is the shoulder mount on the free mech energy and ballistic or just energy?

The 2K variant has 3 left torso energy at cockpit level, a head missile at cockpit level, and two right torso missile just below cockpit level. The 2K has no ballistics.

#32 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 09:50 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 15 August 2021 - 08:04 PM, said:

The 2K variant has 3 left torso energy at cockpit level, a head missile at cockpit level, and two right torso missile just below cockpit level. The 2K has no ballistics.

Make that 3 RT missiles and no head-missile Posted Image

#33 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:32 AM

I pass this free mech, the first since I play MWO...
I hated Shadowhawk (+Griffin) in TT BT and I still not really love them. So I not want this mech, perhaps the next one if that would be a Fire moth or Jade hawk (or Eyrie or Wakizashi)...

#34 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 August 2021 - 04:31 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 15 August 2021 - 09:50 PM, said:

Make that 3 RT missiles and no head-missile Posted Image

Ya beat me to the edit. s'what I get for posting without checking my math on Mech DB. Posted Image

#35 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:54 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 16 August 2021 - 08:32 AM, said:

I pass this free mech, the first since I play MWO...
I hated Shadowhawk (+Griffin) in TT BT and I still not really love them. So I not want this mech, perhaps the next one if that would be a Fire moth or Jade hawk (or Eyrie or Wakizashi)...

So basically you are giving up on a free MechBay and some CBills, since you can sell the Shithawk?

#36 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:03 AM

Could we please never again have wins as a condition in stomp city?

#37 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:21 PM

You know what would make this event even more exciting? A patch notes preview with quirks for all the mechs including the SHD-2K....

#38 Shadowfell Chicken

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 10:11 AM

Hey PGI, been a long time since there's been a sale on number and letter decals - any chance for colorable decals to be on sale soon?
A lot of new unit members needing their bling!
Please and thanks!!

#39 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:22 AM

<<<snip>>>

No.

View PostHaven17, on 14 August 2021 - 08:38 PM, said:

yep but seems to be fine to me. give it a few mins, shd-2k is a fun versatile mech with top mounts!

View PostRoodkapje, on 15 August 2021 - 08:23 AM, said:

Not my experience over the years that I have been playing this game ?!

Having a laptop or an extra monitor on which you can see the webpage is not that bad at all! Posted Image

Hello there, people... I think that crazytimes is having a disconnect on what they're reading versus what I am actually saying. (It almost feels like something I've heard from some Real Life stories that made it to being Reddit-posted too.) So, let me iterate this a little better... :huh:

In terms of tracking any Event that's going on, I will also advocate using the webpage to keep a watch on it, but ONLY to keep a watch on it. (And like Roodkapje said, it works best to have it off on a second monitor.) It is admittedly faster for tracking in most cases, although I have seen times where it will literally make you wait a few minutes before you see any change to your standing. Unfortunately, the website method of tracking is only effective up until the Minimum Requirement is reached on any Challenge's displayed items. After that, the In-Game Event Browser absolutely MUST be used to continue tracking status, as it is the only item that sees the overflow properly. Sure, it's a bear to wait for the In-Game Event Browser to display, but it's well worth it to get the additional info this way, since toggling around is reasonably faster in there after it loads up. :mellow:

On the other hand, trying to do the Claim/Redeem process on the website side has caused too many problems for people, as there is NO Injection Dialog triggered by it, and it DOES NOT tend to give items immediately. Sometimes, the website's Claim/Redeem buttons will even force you to wait up to 24 hours, particularly if signing out and doing the login again doesn't cure it. That makes the In-Game Event Browser the ONLY suitable way to get what you have earned instantly, like I have said before. I can at least personally certify from my own use that the In-Game Event Browser delivers instantly upon clicking the Claim/Redeem buttons which it provides. I am admittedly not happy about the issue on the website side either, as the Injection Dialog should trigger either way, but right now PGI doesn't have the resources available on hand to fix that and use the Injection Queue like they do with the Loot Bags that come along periodically. However, I'm not gonna push about that, as I understand that PGI's MWO Team is down to very few people at this time. :o

Anyway, to re-iterate the intent of my earlier post along with this one, the long and short is this... Watching the tracking of an Event is absolutely fine through the website, even better if you have a second screen to put it on. But, if you intend to Claim/Redeem something, use the In-Game Event Browser to do it... Well, unless you want your stuff getting stuck in limbo for some time to come, or be really bloody hard to find if it's already been given to you. I explicitly DID NOT say that people would be best to avoid the website and only use the In-Game Event Browser for everything, as that is not true. -_-

~D. V. "hopes that their thoughts about the website's tracker and the In-Game Event Browser are now clear" Devnull

#40 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 05:13 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 17 August 2021 - 08:03 AM, said:

Could we please never again have wins as a condition in stomp city?

AMEN! Brother! AMEN! Posted Image

That moment when you made a lot of kills/damage/assists/match points and then have a look at the Event Stats : Hmm... I seem to be missing some WINS ?!?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I had a lot of matches where my damage output was high or even made multiple Solo Kills but my team thought it was a better idea to LURM and camp the whole time so we lose anyway and they don't even do 50% of my damage output at the end! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sometimes I am really having some serious doubts if I should keep on playing this game from time to time... Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users