Solaris Leaderboard Rewards Ending

107 replies to this topic

#101 Lokos

Rookie

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 12:33 AM

I found I take it easier now to lose a match Posted Image No more broken keyboards and monitors. I don't care about rating anymore, much. Before it was rather depressing, especially in a case of a very close game. Less grinding now too, no need to fight all matches to qualify.

Edited by Lokos, 03 September 2021 - 12:34 AM.

#102 MicalMikalMoto

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 06:05 PM

Might I add another suggestions for revamping Solaris:
One single queue, and at the start of each match, the players vote on both the map AND a stock mech variant out of a random pool (5 mechs, including a random assortment of champions and heroes, with loadouts that lend themselves to the arena, ie. no LRM boats).

Both pilots are then given the same mech in the match.

This will reduce wait times, and insure that optimized loadouts don't dominate the matches, thus preventing "farming".

You can also increase the GXP/C-Bill payout so that it is worth it for players to participate.

#103 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 05:06 AM

This was inevitable. The game mode at it's onset was requested by a fraction of the player base.
PGI listened to that fraction of the player base and put resources into Solaris. This sounds good on it's face.

They did this at a time when FP was on the rocks and needed attention, and was losing players.

The players took this new direction as a sign that FP was going to be ignored. This caused players to leave. So now there is development of a new game mode for a fraction of a shrinking player base.

I hope PGI can refocus on the core of this game and return to Solaris game mode in the future. But it can't be a priority. Sorry Solaris fans, if they don't save their core game there won't be any Solaris at all.

#104 Locked Bolt

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 08:24 AM

I think Solaris should be decreased to 3 to open divisions; they would change once per week. Solaris would be decreased to 3 open divisions so as to decrease the number of queues but still retain variety.

Then Solaris should have 3 or more (definitely more) separate game modes that on a daily or hourly basis rotate between the 3 open divisions. The modes for example would be: 1v1, 2v2, 4v4 (In a quasi scouting mode), the event queue and any others the community can come up with.

Most importantly an option where you can queue for multiple divisions ,and the match maker will go for the most even match between all available options. Also regardless of what changes get put into the game there should be a look at the current ranking of all mechs because of the large amount of cauldron changes.

Finally the new variants from the warden booster pack should be added to Solaris.

The Direwolf prime still has the ability to take ecm in its ct which is the whole purpose of the warden pack.....

#105 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 04:31 PM

WELL THEN --- we need scouting missions back then, its already built, and can be from 1 to 4 man missions, and maybe even allow heavy mechs, WHAT BLAST THAT WOULD BE, -- EMAGINE 2 TIMBERWOLFS, LOCK HORNS with 3 med mechs, from the IS, think you IS free born can handle that.

SAWK Clanner

#106 RJF JES

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationRussia Komsomolsk on Amur

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:33 AM

A very bad decision. With this decision, you are dealing a very strong blow to this game mode. I expected that you would be able to make changes to this mode that would bring players here. And they did the opposite. I believe that the fight 1 vs 1 is primarily fair/balanced than 12 vs 12. Very sorry

Edited by RJF JES, 28 November 2021 - 03:34 AM.

#107 Tankboy304

Rookie

• The Stalker
  • The Stalker
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 08:45 PM

I just started playing Solaris this week - and I'm a Legendary Founder.

I had to have a friend show me the ropes (how to pick a mech - it was so complicated!).

My single comment is this:

MAKE IT EASY to see how many people are playing. Really, if you're in the main lobby of the game and you glance up and see there are 30 people in S7, well then...a LOT more people would jump in, I can almost guarantee it.

#108 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 02:14 PM

hate to tell you but i think THIS mode will be dead soon ----

SAWK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users