Hunter Pack: In The Mechbay With Mark Nicholson

104 replies to this topic

#101 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 10:32 AM

So the Beam Spam McMuppet build on the STK-7D actually looks pretty slick, not gonna lie. I know, I know, "but Stalkers are bad!" They're not likely to stay bad, if the Warden 'Mechs were any indication both the Pixhawk and the Stalker will get their turn in the Great Quirkening in the same patch the Hunter 'mechs drop in. The Stalker doesn't have the reach or punch of an equivalent Clan laservomit heavy, but it does do pretty heckin' well for itself in terms of heat dissipation for a Sphere design, and I don't think I've ever seen a Stalker that can hit ~70kph post-Tweak.

This build by itself is honestly leaning me into wanting to buy the Hunter pack, and previously I was entirely uninterested in the Stalker and thus unlikely to buy the pack. But this thing kinda feels like a Clan beamvomit machine masquerading as a Sphere war blimp, at least on paper. And Stalkers have way better geo than most Clan frontrunner heavy beamers. They're pretty compact for a Sphere assault 'Mech, and they have that tendency to naturally spread damage with only minor waggles. Seems like it'd be fun, especially for people who actually like and enjoy piloting laser-based designs.

#102 ShogunKid

• PipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 October 2021 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for keeping us in the know, Mark! It's been a treat to see how everything has been developing. Looking forward to the Hunter Pack release! Posted Image

#103 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:29 PM

Any word on the perks for the two mechs yet?

#104 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:09 AM

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 14 October 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

Any word on the perks for the two mechs yet?

Actually, yes, there is. Please check the upcoming v1.4.247.0 (2021-10-19) Patch Notes @ https://mwomercs.com/news/2021/10/2560-patch-notes-142470-19october2021 for further information. You'll find your answer mixed in among the other Mechs and their changes. :)

~D. V. "They stuck your answer over in the v1.4.247.0 Patch release data." Devnull

#105 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:32 PM

Hey there, Mark, great job on the Mechs! I really like the little details and the bolt-ons are killer.
One thing I noticed, the left shoulder Energy slot on the PXH-7S(S) is showing a broken PPC model. It's missing the blue lens. So far only PPC and ER PPC seem affected.

Edit: This is also true for the non-special variant.
Posted Image

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 20 October 2021 - 01:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users