• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:03 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 14 September 2021 - 08:54 PM, said:

I see
"
How many games do I need to play to get the Top 500 rewards?

The Team needs to play 20 games, then their entire roster will be available for Top 500 Rewards."

kind of sucks

but like we say it is what it is

Not sure how it sucks, you get a lot more for LESS time commitment and effort than other monthly free mech events.

#22 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:16 AM

I suppose it's more the idea of going through the hassle and rigmarole of finding eight people willing to get bullied by actual comps for half a day. The reward package is indeed quite enticing, I'm going to miss those colors, but the hours of misery required to earn it are a lot less so. Especially given the endless bureaucracy and bookkeeping required of Ultracomp teams.

Still, the comp folks get so little in this game, I'm not going to begrudge them their slick reward package once per year.

#23 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:29 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 14 September 2021 - 08:54 PM, said:

I see
"
The Team needs to play 20 games, then their entire roster will be available for Top 500 Rewards."
kind of sucks
but like we say it is what it is

I don't understand, make team --> drop 20 times, if you are very bad you will lose a game in 2 mins and into a next game, takes about same time or less (if you lose fast) than 20 normal games.

View Post1453 R, on 15 September 2021 - 06:16 AM, said:

I suppose it's more the idea of going through the hassle and rigmarole of finding eight people willing to get bullied by actual comps for half a day. The reward package is indeed quite enticing, I'm going to miss those colors, but the hours of misery required to earn it are a lot less so. Especially given the endless bureaucracy and bookkeeping required of Ultracomp teams.

Still, the comp folks get so little in this game, I'm not going to begrudge them their slick reward package once per year.

what half a day / hours, how long do you think it takes those comp teams to bully you dead?

#24 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:31 AM

View PostCurccu, on 15 September 2021 - 06:27 AM, said:

I don't understand, make team --> drop 20 times, if you are very bad you will lose a game in 2 mins and into a next game, takes about same time or less (if you lose fast) than 20 normal games.

Nobody except Comps has any clue how the registration process for Comp play works, or where to send your e-mails, or what any of the other necessary paper-shuffling to qualify for Comp rewards is.

Heh...besides. Have you seen this forum? Most of the folks in GD think it should be made illegal to have even one, single friend you can play MWO with. How many of them have seven or more on tap? Even if I pulled together my whole-*** group of buddies, everybody who could possibly drop, I think we've got six? Me, Maker, Salt, Rach, Wild, Kevin...yeah. Six. Two shy, and no way to make that up.

Oh well.

#25 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:43 AM

View Post1453 R, on 15 September 2021 - 06:31 AM, said:

Nobody except Comps has any clue how the registration process for Comp play works, or where to send your e-mails, or what any of the other necessary paper-shuffling to qualify for Comp rewards is.

Heh...besides. Have you seen this forum? Most of the folks in GD think it should be made illegal to have even one, single friend you can play MWO with. How many of them have seven or more on tap? Even if I pulled together my whole-*** group of buddies, everybody who could possibly drop, I think we've got six? Me, Maker, Salt, Rach, Wild, Kevin...yeah. Six. Two shy, and no way to make that up.

Oh well.

Wow such negativity :D

https://mwomercs.com...hip-series-2021

Questions?

Please join our Discord server and we will be happy to answer!

everything can be done in game, comp tab --> create team. --> invite friends

if you are shy of few maybe asking @ comp section in here forums you might might find few free players who also are interested in easy rewards, again you don't have to win anything just drop 20 times.

if not interested in creating team maybe someone other people are looking for more players to create team to get rewards.

#26 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:45 AM

There is 0 bureaucracy involved. Your team of random casuals (any team, actually) can be set up completely in-client. The bureaucracy only starts when you enter the playoffs.

#27 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:47 AM

Exactly, just play 20 games, you don't have to win 1. You can all drop and blow yourself up if you really want to, but there are a lot of people doing what you're doing and you'll be matched against them at least some of the time.

#28 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:03 PM

(to know specific person) I am actively looking for a team sorry if I don't like to walk in lock-step to the comp crowd

after being in the military most of my life and probably all of yours I told my self I am done taking orders

oh well
I really loved the events the past year and a half
drop when you want, grind when you want, take a break when you want,

this a screen shot of Comp Discord I just took

Posted Image

what a mess

I gave up e-mailing Discord admin about the continuous problems with discord

why could they not do things on MWO forums ?

anyway like I said it sort of sucks

but it is what it is

#29 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:21 PM

Oh well.

You could always put up a post in the MWO Comp discord looking for some people to add to your roster. Heck i would even join your band of MechWarriors to get the 20 matches for the rewards, and could maybe even drum up a few people.

All you have to do is ask my dude, instead of just dismissing this by calling out 'compies'

Comp is for everyone!

#30 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:25 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 15 September 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

(to know specific person) I am actively looking for a team sorry if I don't like to walk in lock-step to the comp crowd

after being in the military most of my life and probably all of yours I told my self I am done taking orders

oh well
I really loved the events the past year and a half
drop when you want, grind when you want, take a break when you want,

this a screen shot of Comp Discord I just took

Posted Image

what a mess

but it is what it is

I think part of the problem is that you are using the discord website and not the app ... use the app instead. As far as where to go to find a team / post that you are interested in playing is under the recruitment section .. just scroll down the left side a bit and you'll see them there :)

#31 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:36 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 September 2021 - 07:23 AM, said:

I'm sure they are busy crafting the Loyalty Program post and next weeks patch notes. And getting ready for the Clan booster pack.

probibly going to be a hero light. which doesn't do me any good because i already own all the hero lights.

#32 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:53 PM

Oh well.

i tried to set up accounts for my cats but they are terrible at mechwarrior. t4 at best.

i actually did go through the trouble of setting up a comp team once, for the sweet participation trophy (there was mc involved). its not hard, but getting 8 people to show up at the same time, and have 8 opponent do the same. that's hard. i think the team managed 1 or 2 drops, but i had responsibilities to deal with and missed the drop. so ive never actually dropped in comp.

dane himself called me out on trying to organize a team on the forum, you need more attention deficit forms of communication to do the job. like discords, phones and texts. things i dont use.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 September 2021 - 04:09 PM.

#33 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:35 PM

even as an IS loyalist as far as mechs go i don't mind them alternating free mechs. maybe one day i might play a dirty clanner mech so having a few free ones isn't bad. (hell i don't even play light mechs at all unless you include the odd Urbie)

as far as comp play goes i'm not going to bother. not interested and no amount of rewards will get me to be interested. (not saying it needs to go away just that its not for me. let the comps have their event) i don't have any friends that play MWO (ok i don't have hardly any friends at all) so it would be one big headache to get into it. i also don't play on any kind of scheduled often going weeks without playing.

if they do another QP free mech event i will participate even if its clan. hell if nothing else its a good bit of nice rewards and a free mechbay.

#34 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:15 AM

I'm a living dinosaur.

I would love to have that Special Variant NTG-D(S) reward from MWO Comp for 20 games participation.
But I'm in Asia, so it'll be very difficult to drop with everyone else (who seem to be in Europe & North America).
Have no real friends ingame. In short, I'm a MWO loner Posted Image

And oh, and I do not use discord (hence living dinosaur remark). Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 16 September 2021 - 05:16 AM.

#35 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:54 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 15 September 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

Spoiler

what a mess

but it is what it is

Other problems than that "you do not have permission to send messages"? If I'm not wrong there is 10 minute mute on new channel joiners because spam bots or something.

PS. and looks like you were able to write there.

#36 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:55 AM

View PostCurccu, on 16 September 2021 - 05:54 AM, said:

Other problems than that "you do not have permission to send messages"? If I'm not wrong there is 10 minute mute on new channel joiners because spam bots or something.

PS. and looks like you were able to write there.

yeah slowly making progress
I still get a JAVA error and I a discord setup fail

so I can't use the discord app

it is what it is

#37 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 02:03 PM

View Postw0qj, on 16 September 2021 - 05:15 AM, said:

I'm a living dinosaur.

I would love to have that Special Variant NTG-D(S) reward from MWO Comp for 20 games participation.
But I'm in Asia, so it'll be very difficult to drop with everyone else (who seem to be in Europe & North America).
Have no real friends ingame. In short, I'm a MWO loner Posted Image

And oh, and I do not use discord (hence living dinosaur remark). Posted Image

i for one don't like when people re-invent the wheel. so you come up with yet another proprietary communication suite and im supposed to jump on board with the rest of the lemmings? its especially troublesome when the "new way" is inferior to some of the things we used as far back as the '90s. its the current generation's qwerty, there is something better yet people use the worse option anyway (i dont fathom to guess what the modern generation's dvorak is).

Edited by LordNothing, 16 September 2021 - 02:06 PM.

#38 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:38 PM

And lo, 1453 was proven correct in their assertion that the Sphere would receive the next free 'Mech.

And it was a Wh@#$hammer.

And it was...decent-ish.

WH@#$hammer Free 'Mech Announcement.

#39 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:53 PM

i think i own one already, but lots of colors, dekkles and boltons in the event, along with the usual gsp. worth it just for those, and a free mech bay.

#40 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:55 PM

Warhammer-6R. would have been fair if the next free mech was a Clan mech (not that i would use it) but it is what it is. the Warhammer isn't a bad mech honestly. will have to boot up the game in a bit and see if i have that one already. i think i have 2 Warhammers right now might be 3 i can't remember.

oh sell if i already have that one i'll just sell it to free up the mechbay, not that i really need mechbays at the moment. i think i have 4 empty ones right now. i do like that they are adding bolt-ons to the rewards for these events though would have been nice to have some MC here and there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users