230 replies to this topic

#81 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:16 PM

I love the use of hot gas on Caustic Valley and wish it was used more profoundly on the reborn version. I love that I need to switch vision modes to NV to see through it and mostly use HT on this map. We could use little things like that on other maps. It makes the gameplay more engaging.
So far the new versions of maps are amazing gameplay wise and made me come back to play a lot more.

Edited by Garran Tana, 20 September 2021 - 03:33 AM.

#82 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:21 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 September 2021 - 03:18 PM, said:

URBANMECH

> Added +100% Ballistic ammo per ton (AC 2/5/10/20 - UAC 2/5/10/20 - LB 2/5/10 - Gauss - L Gauss - RAC 2 /5)

Posted Image

#83 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:58 PM

AWESOME
AWS-8T:
  • Removed Structure bonuses from LT, CT, RT
  • Added +20 Armor to LT, RT
  • Added +27 Armor to CT
  • Added +15 Armor to LA, RA
  • Increased heat to -15%
  • Added Large pulse laser HSL +1
AWS-8V:
  • Removed Structure bonuses from LT, CT, RT
  • Added +27 Armor to CT
  • Added -20% Laser duration
  • Added 20% PPC velocity
AWS-9M:
  • Added 10% Energy range
  • Increased ERPPC velocity to 40%
AWS-PB:
  • Removed Structure bonuses from LT, CT, RT, LA, RA
  • Added +27 Armor to CT
  • Added 10% Missile velocity
  • Added -20% Laser duration
  • Added 10% PPC velocity

Re: Awesome's Quirk Pass / Loadout
I would like to thank the team for their hard work to bringing the quirk pass to fruition.

While it's great to see some of the uncommon Awesome finally get more armor on the torsos (I presume this is meant to get people to consider trying those variants out), does this also mean that the team currently considers the 8Q/8R/9M to have adequate durability?

I really hope to see the torso armor buff normalised across all Awesome variants. Based on Lore flavour, the Awesome is well known for durability and siege capability, and that should be preserved in its gameplay.

Other than that, while others may disagree, I like that the slower Awesome variants are not getting their engine cap raised to preserve the flavour that they are not exactly so for ground speed.

(Disclosure: Heavy user of the 9M/8Q, and fan of Awesome in general.)

On the other hand, would the team also be open to consider adding 1 more weapon hardpoint to the Pretty Baby as part of consideration to bring its customizability up to scratch with the non-hero variants? The higher engine cap is inadequate to make up for its woeful hardpoint distribution.

Re: Other Quirk Pass
How does the team like the idea of introducing quirk that increases heat cap (could be overall heat cap, or could only be to heat cap from heat sinks only)?

Re: Weapon Pass
Will more weapon pass be done in the next few patch cycles?

Playing with the MAD-6S with 4 ER PPC (no heat quirks, so 12 heat each before skill tree, but able to fire 4 without ghost heat) and feeling how underwhelming it was got me thinking - If mechs without ER PPC/energy heat quirks are hardly using ER PPCs, that should mean ER PPC is a candidate to see slight buff to heat generation - like 11.5. (However, I don't have data to back this hypothesis). I imagine 11 with the current set of quirks starts to get too much and may need to back down some heat quirks.

Edited by Matthew Ace, 18 September 2021 - 06:08 PM.

#84 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:32 PM

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 18 September 2021 - 12:43 AM, said:

Why PGI, why???

The new HPG map is horrible...now, you made another old classic map "reborn".

There are a lot of options from the FP maps... Why do not work with them???

This is not the classic/original Caustic map. It will be either the 3rd or 4th Caustic map..

#85 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:51 PM

Great changes across the board - thanks to everyone involved. AC40 king crabs with massive armor quirks will bring a fun wildcard element to the game.

I can't remember if the IS Jenner has had a balance pass yet, but I haven't seen anyone pilot one for a while - at least not with any degree of success.

Looking forward to FP improvements & the return of planetary conquests & other elements which raise the stakes of the game.

#86 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:00 PM

This is great. I can't wait to watch all the content creators do the following...

1. Explain that Mech A has undergone some quirk updates.
2. Take a quick look at all the Mech buffs on the Mech pane, realizing nothing is color coded to differentiate between base stats and stats adjusted by skills.
3. "Let's go to the Mech store and see the changes!"

/faceplam

#87 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:41 PM

View PostMatthew Ace, on 18 September 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

On the other hand, would the team also be open to consider adding 1 more weapon hardpoint to the Pretty Baby as part of consideration to bring its customizability up to scratch with the non-hero variants? The higher engine cap is inadequate to make up for its woeful hardpoint distribution.

The PB is actually probably the strongest 80 ton IS brawler available right now because of the structure quirks and the ability to shrug off critical hits and its huge natural firepower quirks. The head energy slot is a little bit goofy, but it's still an incredibly strong platform even before this repass. The +armor may actually be a tiny nerf for it compared to just having + structure when the -85% chance to be crit is factored in.

Edited by Commoners, 18 September 2021 - 09:42 PM.

#88 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:04 AM

View PostMatthew Ace, on 18 September 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

does this also mean that the team currently considers the 8Q/8R/9M to have adequate durability?
All of those are heavily weapon quirked. They probably don't need to compensate more.

#89 Mr Munted

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:28 AM

View Postnuttyrat, on 17 September 2021 - 09:25 PM, said:

More quirk changes are to come, including the Quickdraws, so not to worry. As bear_cl4w mentioned, The Cauldron is only able to make so many changes at once so please keep an eye out for future patches .. and keep the feedback coming!

I second or third or whatever it is up to with the Quickdraws. I'd also add in the Night Gyr, I bought one when I heard about the announcement of the original mobility pass (before the new values were released) which included the Atlas, Hunchback and Night Gyr. The Night Gyr is still like piloting a school bus through a tar lake. It's as unmanoeuvrable as a Blood Asp but with less armour, worse hardpoints, ECM not in the CT and worse quirks. When that patch was released I jumped in a Hunchback and was like "not bad", then the Atlas and was like "hey that's more like it" then in the Night Gyr I was like "huh they must be doing this in the next patch because it's still just as bad". It's was so terrible then and now every mech has had its mobility improved...man! The Timberwolf was also marked as a "red mech" ie Terrible mobility, all the buffs but whereas its acceleration went to 29 and has become far more viable the Night Gyr missed out!

The Night Gyr has the slowest acceleration of any heavy mech at 17, looking at the Cauldron spreadsheet the average for all heavy mechs is 31.8, it's almost twice as slow as other heavies. Even worse the average for all assaults is 19.6! It's got all the disadvantages of an assault without any worthwhile quirks to make up for it, damn thing is literally as slow as a 95T Nightstar!

But anyway, Quickdraw, I care far more about the Quickdraw, do that mech please!. The laser QKD mechs at least used to be fun mechs to play, not the most powerful but they were different and you could throw them around, I'd love to see it come back to that. But the Night Gyr always sucked so I don't feel like I'm missing out there!

Edited by Mr Munted, 19 September 2021 - 03:30 AM.

#90 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:56 AM

The NTG is still so strong it needs absolutely nothing.

#91 Mr Munted

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:05 AM

What makes it strong? Because it can run a lot of AC2s?

#92 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:08 AM

View PostMr Munted, on 19 September 2021 - 04:05 AM, said:

ECM jumpjet sniper.

#93 Mr Munted

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:27 AM

View PostHorseman, on 19 September 2021 - 04:08 AM, said:

ECM jumpjet sniper.

Eh fair enough, maybe I just can't make it work. I'm not sure what you are running on it though, I thought its strength was boating ballistics not pop tarting, it doesn't have any PPC quirks other than the Jade Knight So8 for PPC velocity but only 2x energy on the right arm isn't ideal. It doesn't have many missile slots for SRM pop tarting either. I guess you could run LBX10s?

Anyway, Quickdraw buffs, that's the key.

#94 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:47 AM

View PostHorseman, on 19 September 2021 - 12:04 AM, said:

All of those are heavily weapon quirked. They probably don't need to compensate more.

I'd concede that to a certain extent (been a long time users of those variant) - but it is kind of moot if they lose about half its main weapons when it gets so much as to be sneezed at. And Awesome kind of get focused down first when pushing enemy line as a group. The armor nodes from skill tree does not do enough to make up for this either.

Edited by Matthew Ace, 19 September 2021 - 05:16 AM.

#95 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:49 AM

Night Gyrs have always been incredible. Assault-level firepower in a heavy mech with tons of JJ's. If you buffed their mobility they would just be way too dominant.

Quickdraws are pretty good already. Maybe the 4G & 4H could use minor buffs. The 5K is basically a Thunderbolt with JJ's & better mobility.

#96 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:11 AM

View PostGoedmaker, on 18 September 2021 - 10:02 AM, said:

I don't get this either. The original lore/rules and stuff were likely never made with a modern arena PVP like MWO in mind, so I don't get why people would care if the mechanics for such a radically different type of game don't match up perfectly with the original rules.

Because the original rules describe something that supposedly exists in the real, physical world around us, albeit 1000 years in the future. In order to maintain immersion in the universe, behavior and statistics of equipment should remain consistent across the board. Everyone who insists that everything should remain faithful to the record sheets and the lore are those who are invested in the story behind the numbers. Those who insist that everything should change willy nilly with no rhyme or reason except for the ever elusive "balance" have no care or love for the story and only care about winning with absolute ruthlessness. And just for the record, "balance" is impossible to obtain. The closest you'll ever get to "balance" is to change everything radically every day so that nobody ever gets used to anything, and you can never establish a "meta". The second you stop making constant changes, a meta will settle out, and suddenly that meta will be "OP" and unbalanced.

#97 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:16 AM

View PostMr Munted, on 19 September 2021 - 04:05 AM, said:

UAC10/5
AC10+ ERPPC
4LPL ERML
Dual Gauss / Dual ERLL
1 Gauss 4 ERL
UAC20/Dual UAC10

I mean I can keep listing plenty more builds but I am sure you get the idea.

#98 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:19 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 September 2021 - 06:11 AM, said:

Those who insist that everything should change willy nilly with no rhyme or reason except for the ever elusive "balance" have no care or love

Unfortunately you are yet again making up an absolutely crazy fiction in your mind.

The changes have been fully detailed in the patch notes with the reasons etc etc.

#99 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:21 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 19 September 2021 - 06:11 AM, said:

Because the original rules describe something that supposedly exists in the real, physical world around us, albeit 1000 years in the future. In order to maintain immersion in the universe, behavior and statistics of equipment should remain consistent across the board. Everyone who insists that everything should remain faithful to the record sheets and the lore are those who are invested in the story behind the numbers. Those who insist that everything should change willy nilly with no rhyme or reason except for the ever elusive "balance" have no care or love for the story and only care about winning with absolute ruthlessness. And just for the record, "balance" is impossible to obtain. The closest you'll ever get to "balance" is to change everything radically every day so that nobody ever gets used to anything, and you can never establish a "meta". The second you stop making constant changes, a meta will settle out, and suddenly that meta will be "OP" and unbalanced.

An AC/2 does small amounts of damage at long range in Battletech and MWO

An AC/20 does a large amount of damage at short range in Battletech and MWO

An Atlas is a walking slab of metal that carries a great deal of firepower in Battletech and MWO

A Locust is a quick mech which has to rely on flanking and backstabbing to survive in Battletech and MWO

The exact numbers behind how this is achieved in Battletech and MWO are different. The effect is more or less the same

#100 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 08:25 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 19 September 2021 - 06:21 AM, said:

An AC/2 does small amounts of damage at long range in Battletech and MWO

Sort of true - although its DPS per ton is extremely high - higher than any other AC, despite also having the longest range.

I think they need to reduce the weights of other AC's, ie:

AC5 from 8 to 7 tons
AC10 from 12 to 10 tons
AC20 from 14 to 11 tons

Then we might actually see people playing those weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google