182 replies to this topic

#141 ChairmanMauzer

Rookie

• The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:18 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

I'm still looking for where in the USA constitution it says you have a right to not be offended by somebody else's religious beliefs.

Says the guy who thinks he has a right to not be offended by trans equality. LOL

I just want to be left alone, to live my life, without other people's beliefs being shoved in my face. I'm able to respect your right to live your life in peace as you see fit, but don't you dare try to force it on me or my kids to accept as normal and healthy.

Yet that's what is happening. You literally can't turn on a television (or now apparently a video game) without someone trying to shove their lifestyle in your face.

Where in the constitution do you base the assumption you have a right to not see or hear LGBTQ people or causes in public or on media?

Edited by ChairmanMauzer, 05 October 2021 - 11:22 AM.

#142 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:20 AM

I'm still looking for where in the USA constitution it says you have a right to not be offended by somebody else's religious beliefs.

And yet you're in here being offended by someone posting 'trans rights' lol

EDIT: snap

Edited by Nickiepoo, 05 October 2021 - 11:20 AM.

#143 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:25 AM

trans rights, by the way

#144 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:26 AM

View PostCommoners, on 05 October 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

So this is an actual question with some nuance.

"White Pride" is a statement that has become completely intertwined with white supremacist groups like the KKK, as you mentioned, and neonazis. It's recognized as a hate slogan by the ADL, which, along with SPLC, are considered two reputable watchdog groups that observe hate groups in the U.S. Here's a fairly brief link about why it's a difficult one, but it would probably be a best practice to not go around shouting that in any community BECAUSE of how deeply intertwined it is with those hate groups.

https://www.adl.org/...rms/white-pride

"Black Pride" is not broadly coopted by recognized hate groups, however, so it'd probably ride. This also requires some nuance because there ARE groups like the NBPP that is a separatist splinter from the BPP that is considered a hate group. If someone was unequivocally supporting the NBPP in allchat it would be similar outcome to someone supporting any other hate group.

I guess the religious equivalent of your first one would be swasitkas. A Buddhist isn't going to be able to come into MWO and paint swastikas, despite it being Buddhist religious symbiology, all over their mech for very obvious reasons. It was a symbol coopted so deeply and inseparably by a hate group that it basically can't be used in an innocent context.

Thanks for the honest reply, but SPLC is the most biases source you could have cited, they are literally the propaganda arm of the democratic party in the usa.

Why should any if this be allowed in game coms, get on SARNA, find a lore based unit name, it's not that hard. Most people playing this game are here to escape reality. Not engage in this chicanery.

It's absolutely sexual in nature and while most of us here are adults, not all are. Drop the sexual recruiting and brainwashing and we'll not have any issues... I'm not the one who is passing laws in Africa to execute homosexuals, I'm not the one tossing them off buildings in Afghanistan.

If you want to fight real human rights violations go there and do something about it.

Shaming and ostracuzing Christians on an internet forum isn't doing th any good.

#145 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:31 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 11:26 AM, said:

Thanks for the honest reply, but SPLC is the most biases source you could have cited, they are literally the propaganda arm of the democratic party in the usa.

Why should any if this be allowed in game coms, get on SARNA, find a lore based unit name, it's not that hard. Most people playing this game are here to escape reality. Not engage in this chicanery.

It's absolutely sexual in nature and while most of us here are adults, not all are. Drop the sexual recruiting and brainwashing and we'll not have any issues... I'm not the one who is passing laws in Africa to execute homosexuals, I'm not the one tossing them off buildings in Afghanistan.

If you want to fight real human rights violations go there and do something about it.

Shaming and ostracuzing Christians on an internet forum isn't doing th any good.

you haven't answered my question yet. Also you were provided with examples of trans folks being murdered and ignored it.

#146 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, it's a good thing that link goes to the antidefamation league then if you think that about the SPLC.

Here's an article with academic sources that you can purvey if you'd like to learn more about "White Pride" as a statement.

https://www.populism...ry/white-pride/

I'll be honest, I don't know if you're sincere in asking these questions to me or if you're intentionally being obtuse about "White Pride" as a hate slogan.

Edited by Commoners, 05 October 2021 - 11:40 AM.

#147 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:41 AM

1) Kids under 16 can't play MWO without parental consent https://mwomercs.com/privacy
You're free to consent to them playing a game in which trans players exist, though.

2) It's funny you mention homophobia in Africa and Christianity....

https://www.theguard...mophobia-africa
https://www.independ...193593.html?amp
https://www.vox.com/...d-homophobia-to

Edited by Llyranor, 05 October 2021 - 11:42 AM.

#148 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:46 AM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 10:20 AM, said:

"having the gay."

"people's made up gender pronouns and sexual preferences"
"cut off you weenie and dress like a girl, keep it to yourself."
"I'd appreciate my kids not having that stuff shoved in their face and told it's normal and healthy."

"keep your darned sexual perversions to yourself and don't force them on me or my kids."

"I may not agree with the tranny global **** lifestyle and militant atheist agenda"
they don't need to be brainwashed into celebrating mental illness either."

"But for the record I self identify as a Kit Fox Purifier."

How the f*ck have you not been banned. This is disgusting and you should be ashamed.

What a disgusting person.

#149 Danichi Itobar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:50 AM

View Post1453 R, on 05 October 2021 - 09:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

I put this image on most of my 'Mechs, somewhere or other. It's my own little personal trans lady acknowledgement, an icon I enjoy displaying on my machines for all of the exactly zero people who look at other folks' deckles before they get burned off.

According to your logic, Paladin22 (and 6th Messenger, and Danichi, and all the rest), this should get me banned from MWO, yes? After all, I'm sowing discord by aggressively forcing my beliefs down others' throats and using MWO as a soapbox to espouse my own personal beliefs at the direct expense of other folks. By stacking two deckles on top of each other to make a cheeky little trans-woman symbol that pretty much nobody but me will even see, let alone recognize, I am degrading the MWO experience for the entire playerbase and making MWO a worse place to be for every single cis player in it. How dare I push the LGBTQ+ Agenda in this game about shooting robits by using deckles to decorate my 'Mechs!

Suppose y'all better get to setting up a mass reporting campaign to get me to stop putting that deckle combination on my robits. Gotta think of the children, after all. Gotta think of the poor, impressionable children...

This should not get you banned because it does not interfear with gameplay. Obstructing the chat does. I don't care WHAT is placed in the chat as long as it doesn't make me miss someone call out a target or warning me that a light is about to back stab me. ALSO, i think this is a wonderful way to show your support for a cause!

You have all made this an issue about LGBT rights.. its not. This is just an issue about KEEPING THE COMS CLEAR SO WE CAN PLAY THE GAME AS IT IS INTENDED. Spamming causes problems. Spamming controversial statements causes more problems and becomes distracting. YES LGBQ rights are controversial, suck it up, like it or not that the facts, the world we live in right now period. Cops rights are controversial, I'm an ex cop, and spamming "blue lives" should not be allowed either... NO SPAM should be allowed, especialy spam with controversial material. Anyone who spams things like this is serously just trolling AND doing their cause a disservice.

#150 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:51 AM

View PostDanichi Itobar, on 05 October 2021 - 11:50 AM, said:

This should not get you banned because it does not interfear with gameplay. Obstructing the chat does. I don't care WHAT is placed in the chat as long as it doesn't make me miss someone call out a target or warning me that a light is about to back stab me. ALSO, i think this is a wonderful way to show your support for a cause!

You have all made this an issue about LGBT rights.. its not. This is just an issue about KEEPING THE COMS CLEAR SO WE CAN PLAY THE GAME AS IT IS INTENDED. Spamming causes problems. Spamming controversial statements causes more problems and becomes distracting. YES LGBQ rights are controversial, suck it up, like it or not that the facts, the world we live in right now period. Cops rights are controversial, I'm an ex cop, and spamming "blue lives" should not be allowed either... NO SPAM should be allowed, especialy spam with controversial material. Anyone who spams things like this is serously just trolling AND doing their cause a disservice.

click on name, mute, problem solved. if problem persists, report. Again, this specific issue has inspired you to make some of your first posts ever on these forums. why do you think that is?

#151 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:52 AM

Block them then. It takes 2 seconds.

Communication is faster, easier and more efficient with liberal use of the push to talk key anyways.

#152 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:52 AM

PGI has already clearly stated that human rights as they are enshrined and recognized aren't considered political, so they're free game, so no. You're not speaking for PGI on that. LGBTQ rights fall under this umbrella.

You are correct on things that aren't under the umbrella of human rights, like how being a cop is not considered a protected status in the same way that religion, race, gender, sexuality, and religion are.

Edited by Commoners, 05 October 2021 - 11:53 AM.

#153 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:54 AM

So you're fine with the Trans Rights team name because it has no effect on gameplay? i.e the thing that caused this topic to actually pop up.

To be clear, this isn't a leading question, I'm just asking if you're actually fine with that part of this subject.

Edited by Nickiepoo, 05 October 2021 - 11:57 AM.

#154 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:03 PM

Cops rights are controversial

Which "cop rights" are controversial?

#155 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:06 PM

View PostLlyranor, on 05 October 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

as armed, well-paid enforcers of the law, cops of course have to struggle to bwahahahahaha

#156 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:09 PM

View PostLlyranor, on 05 October 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

No he's right, qualified immunity being allowed to exist is pretty controversial.

#157 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:15 PM

don't you dare try to force it on me or my kids to accept as normal and healthy.

Whether or not its normal/healthy is an opinion, and is between you and your kids. Feel free to discuss it with them in the manner you see fit.

It's absolutely sexual in nature and while most of us here are adults, not all are. Drop the sexual recruiting and brainwashing

"Trans rights" doesn't constitute recruiting/brainwashing.

#158 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:22 PM

View PostCherokeeRose, on 05 October 2021 - 10:20 AM, said:

I don't get on comms and preach about Jesus, or Corona vaccines, or presidential candidates.

Jesus would preach love and acceptance, so.... maybe you should be a better Christian.

Corona vaccines have basis in fact as being safe and effective, so I'd be with you in preaching about those. Science is science.

I would argue preaching about presidential candidates in MWO was stupid, but if you want to do so, go for it.

#159 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:47 PM

Just as an aside on the whole 'Blue Lives Matter' thing.

Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) is a profession. One is not born a LEO, nor is one indelibly and unchangeably a LEO. Law enforcement officers are individuals selected and trained to carry out a task, namely to enforce the law. They are given certain powers and privileges as part of executing that task which ordinary citizens lack. As part of the responsibilities inherent to possessing those powers and privileges, LEOs are generally held to a certain standard of conduct, competence, and professionalism. When events show that this standard is not being met, such as, say...a rash of people getting straight-up murdered in extremely suspect ways whilst the departments of those who did the killing actively work to interfere with and block investigations? It's only natural, I would say, to seek methods of ensuring this standard goes back to being met.

The current state of law enforcement in the United States is a disservice to both the citizens whose lives are being ruined or outright lost and to the officers who want to do better but are unable to. Police are equipped and trained as paramilitary combat troops, not as peacekeepers, mediators, and civil servants. I've read several accounts from both LEO personnel and individuals in the training field that many police precincts actively avoid or prohibit attendance of/access to classes on de-escalation and nonviolent conflict resolution in favor of acquiring further tactical training.

LEOs are not born. They are made. Someone we trust with the powers and privileges afforded an officer of the law should be able to demonstrate they can be trusted with those powers. if not? They do not get to retain them.

Simple as that.

#160 Beet Wagon

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:40 PM

This is such an absolutely wild take lmao, I'm honestly in awe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users