Are We Gonna Talk About This Apology Letter?

449 replies to this topic

#381 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,833 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:49 AM

View PostGoedmaker, on 06 October 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:

A US father being forced to allow his underage son to be given transgender meds

You got a source on that one? Cuz I know for a fact that US doctors will not prescribe elective hormone therapy treatments to anyone under the age of 18 precisely because the minor cannot yet consent.

#382 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:49 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 06 October 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

Addicts always choose to become addicts.

Is this guy for real?

Ah yes Codeine 'causing an addiction to morphine is 100% choice. What a god damned idiotic thing to say.

Is this really the calibre of intelligence in this place?

#383 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:50 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 06 October 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

I was a child - i was born dumb as i remember very well!

And thus had to trust my parents and the adults around me to show me the way and protect me from dangers until i was learned and experienced enough to undestand how the things, how the world goes.

Then there is the problem that "parents" mirror themself and there dreams, fears, needs into their childs and make them, force them do things they never dared to do themself and make the childs live their parent dreams for them.

So the whole childs know better and save the world thing is factually not true!

That is why child soldiers are used, youth organizations are the most supported in totalitarian systems and ideolgies etc.

Bcs. they do NOT know better!

And in the vast majority of cases you are absolutely correct. The last time I checked, diagnosis of prepubescent gender dysphoria was one in one hundred thousand children. Or, to put it another way, only ten in a million children are in a position where this is even a question, and prepubescent transition is most certainly not the universal answer even for that tiny percentage.

But sometimes it is an ​answer, when both parents and medical professionals agree that the diagnosis is blind-idiot obvious. That and for every "crazy lesbian couple forces their son to be a gurl" story out there, I imagine there's a thousand deadbeat dads who beat their son half to death because he dared to put a ribbon in his hair or try on a pink unisex shirt. Those boys may not even be LGBTQ+ at all, but they sure as hell get assaulted like they are, eh? And I can pretty much guarantee you that for every prepubescent transition someone gets, there's another prepubescent child that would've been served by early transition and didn't get it.

After all, if they had gotten it, there'd be no need for adult transitions, would there?

#384 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:52 AM

View PostPika, on 06 October 2021 - 11:44 AM, said:

At least there has been some good from this forum thread: I know exactly who to block the moment I see them.

This is why this place has been called the Brown Sea for 8 years. So many people here lack even the most basic shred of common decency. But hey, don't you dare say anything bad about "Gamers" as a group, because that's different.

What a god damned disgusting community this has become.

((In before the 'lol jsut leave then' crowd show up with their complete lack of self-awareness))

Lol just leave then, the Outreach HPG thread was afterall, soo much better! I like how you think this community is disgusting because they don't *all* agree with your particular point of view, representing as they do a wide array of human kind from all over the world many for whom English isn't their first language. So many players here just lacking that basic shred of dignity eh? Get over yourself mate.

#385 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:54 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 06 October 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

Lol just leave then, the Outreach HPG thread was afterall, soo much better! I like how you think this community is disgusting because they don't *all* agree with your particular point of view, representing as they do a wide array of human kind from all over the world many for whom English isn't their first language. So many players here just lacking that basic shred of dignity eh? Get over yourself mate.

I mean expecting your fellow man not to be literally oozing with hatred is not really setting the bar all that high.

#386 Goedmaker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:55 AM

View PostNickiepoo, on 06 October 2021 - 11:43 AM, said:

Thankfully there's a range of adult professionals who do and you can't just show up to a hospital going 'one reassignment please!' like it's pack of smokes from a cornershop.

When they first came out, kids could buy a pack of smokes though, and you can find plenty of old advertisements by doctors themselves promoting cigarettes. It was only much later that we got all these laws banning tobacco sale to underage kids. This is the point I am arguing.

#387 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:56 AM

View PostPika, on 06 October 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

Is this guy for real?

Ah yes Codeine 'causing an addiction to morphine is 100% choice. What a god damned idiotic thing to say.

Is this really the calibre of intelligence in this place?

Well lookie here, the personal attacks finally begin. Anyone surprised at which side of the pond they were flung? By choice I mean the action of taking an addictive substance instead of, say, being born with a particular configuration of mind and genes. I was defending trans people as not being the same as addicts, in that they are "born this way" and cannot simply "quit" being themselves through therapy the way addicts might be able to.

Really, is this the calibre of your int~ wait. Nope. Not going there.

#388 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:56 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 06 October 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

You got a source on that one? Cuz I know for a fact that US doctors will not prescribe elective hormone therapy treatments to anyone under the age of 18 precisely because the minor cannot yet consent.

They could but they'd have to admit they cut out 66% of the parties involved to make his assertation stick. The case revolves around a family fighting for custody of a child, the child being transgender is a sort-of-side battle going on as the father does not want to have it happen. The child and the mother do.

https://www.nytimes....nder-child.html

Should you care to read the NYT article on it. It is pretty much unrelated to this.

#389 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:58 AM

View PostGoedmaker, on 06 October 2021 - 11:55 AM, said:

When they first came out, kids could buy a pack of smokes though, and you can find plenty of old advertisements by doctors themselves promoting cigarettes. It was only much later that we got all these laws banning tobacco sale to underage kids. This is the point I am arguing.

No what you're doing is expressing that you think transgender folks are sick and unnatural. Your hatred is pretty naked. Every other "argument" you've presented has been a post-hoc rationalization. You went out and found edge cases that make your hate "make sense".

Anyone can do that. It doesn't make it any less garbage.

#390 Goedmaker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:58 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 06 October 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

https://www.bbc.com/...canada-50172907

#391 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:00 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 06 October 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

Imagine being proud of the fact you hate someone for existing and then pretending like you're in the right.

I don't care if someone agrees with me on a myriad of topics. Being a reasonable enough person not to advertise you're a hate filled waste is something I DO expect.

And in response to your other post: Are you for real? The personal attacks start NOW? After 4+ pages of people calling trans people degenerate and posting suicide numbers as a joke and only NOW do you think it's getting personal?

"Rules for thee, but not for me" eh? Gross.

#392 Splitcart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:01 PM

View Post1453 R, on 06 October 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

Hot take: transitioning is drastically less expensive, dangerous, and disruptive to the body when it happens before puberty. Puberty, especially male puberty, cannot be undone and causes irreparable damage to the body if the person inhabiting that body does not desire to be male.

Children are young. They are not stupid. Does every third little boy/girl want to be a girl/boy instead and need that chance? No. But there are inarguably cases where a child's gender identity is obvious and allowing them to suffer the impossible damage of puberty before they're allowed to make a decision, and thus incur the dramatically higher costs, dangers, and traumas of the adult transition process, is just as irresponsible as forcing a prepubescent transition on someone who doesn't want one.

You know what happens to a vast majority of ‘transgender’ kids who DON’T take off-label meds to transition? They grow out of it. You know what happens to the ones who do? It’s so well known that it is a (dark) meme, and many end up regretting it.

#393 Danichi Itobar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:02 PM

View Posttrans catgirl, on 06 October 2021 - 05:13 AM, said:

No that's literally it. I've said trans rights once.

Literally once.

The forum sign was added after the apology was posted.

Name is fine, no problems, Saying trans rights in the chat is fine once like you said, no problem. SPAMING it in the ingame dissrupting chat was a problem for me and many others. This actualy shouldn't even be about you or the trans community. It should be about that alpacka person to decided to spam.

And NO to all who say the issue here is the team names , the orginal issue here was someone who was cowed to for spamming because of what they were spamming, this is about the actions of ONE person who was trolling and KNEW they were trying to get under peoples skins by doing so. It's about a drama queen plain and simple.

And sorry you've been harrassed, that's wrong too. But so is bending the knee to disruptive behavor.

Now here's the thing, I was actually in a few of the games that this was happening in and it was friday and saturday night,, i think, one or the otheror both, i just know it was this weeked. Ether way, the person in were talking about was suspeneded then it was lifted when they figured out they suspened an actual trans person. THATS WRONG. And no, the suspention as far as i know didn't expire unless it was a 12 or 24 hour one and we haven't been told. Do you want diffent treatment because your trans?

#394 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:05 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 06 October 2021 - 11:54 AM, said:

I mean expecting your fellow man not to be literally oozing with hatred is not really setting the bar all that high.

If you think anyone here is "oozing hatred" because of a few harsh words they typed then you may need to gain some perspective. It is a symptom of text based communication that this happens. Statistically speaking given the number of contributors here it's fairly unlikely that a poster here would be a bonafied sociopath. But then again, your own words are symptoms of this phenomenon as well, so I'll just say that I wouldn't take everything read here at such face value. If for no better reason, than to not raise your own blood pressure needlessly.

View PostPika, on 06 October 2021 - 12:00 PM, said:

Imagine being proud of the fact you hate someone for existing and then pretending like you're in the right.

I don't care if someone agrees with me on a myriad of topics. Being a reasonable enough person not to advertise you're a hate filled waste is something I DO expect.

And in response to your other post: Are you for real? The personal attacks start NOW? After 4+ pages of people calling trans people degenerate and posting suicide numbers as a joke and only NOW do you think it's getting personal?

"Rules for thee, but not for me" eh? Gross.

You planning to address that awkward moment where you called me an idiot for defending trans people orr... Didn't think so. "Imagine" being this uptight, as one might say, if they lacked sufficient vocabulary to express themselves in a less mematic manner.

#395 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:05 PM

A W

#396 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:06 PM

View PostGoedmaker, on 06 October 2021 - 11:55 AM, said:

Yes, you're arguing that transgenderism is harmful and trans people are unnatural which is why people are disagreeing with you.

View PostRickySpanish, on 06 October 2021 - 12:05 PM, said:

If you think anyone here is "oozing hatred" because of a few harsh words they typed then you may need to gain some perspective.

Yeah, calling people degenerate and unnatural is just a communication issue, they don't really hold deeply held beliefs that trans people shouldn't exist. Right.

Edited by Nickiepoo, 06 October 2021 - 12:10 PM.

#397 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:07 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 06 October 2021 - 12:05 PM, said:

If you think anyone here is "oozing hatred" because of a few harsh words they typed then you may need to gain some perspective. It is a symptom of text based communication that this happens. Statistically speaking given the number of contributors here it's fairly unlikely that a poster here would be a bonafied sociopath. But then again, your own words are symptoms of this phenomenon as well, so I'll just say that I wouldn't take everything read here at such face value. If for no better reason, than to not raise your own blood pressure needlessly.

You planning to address that awkward moment where you called me an idiot for defending trans people orr... Didn't think so. "Imagine" being this uptight, as one might say, if they lacked sufficient vocabulary to express themselves in a less mematic manner.

Lol I called you an idiot for saying addiction is a choice.

Jesus. I thought you were leaving, make this thread better and do what you told us all you would many posts ago.

#398 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:08 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 12:01 PM, said:

You know what happens to a vast majority of ‘transgender’ kids who DON’T take off-label meds to transition? They grow out of it. You know what happens to the ones who do? It’s so well known that it is a (dark) meme, and many end up regretting it.

lots of longtime players suddenly inspired by this topic to make some of their first posts ever on this forum. I wonder why?

also lots of claims you're making there!

#399 Danichi Itobar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:08 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 06 October 2021 - 10:13 AM, said:

Someone was permabanned because he used to say "evening ladies", for real I mean?

See, this is an example of the the rules being applied unfairly. This person was permabaned for disruptive behavor in chat. Shouldn't a suspention for the same thing be at least upheald?

No group should have special treatment. Apply the rules across the board. To do other is to do a disservice to ALL involved.

#400 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,071 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:10 PM

Pgi done f ed up. Now they trying to fix it. In other news when is the re-re-scale happening?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users