Are We Gonna Talk About This Apology Letter?

449 replies to this topic

#401 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:10 PM

View PostDanichi Itobar, on 06 October 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

See, this is an example of the the rules being applied unfairly. This person was permabaned for disruptive behavor in chat. Shouldn't a suspention for the same thing be at least upheald?

No group should have special treatment. Apply the rules across the board. To do other is to do a disservice to ALL involved.

he shouldn't have been banned for that either.

or did I just blow your mind

#402 Splitcart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:12 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 October 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

lots of longtime players suddenly inspired by this topic to make some of their first posts ever on this forum. I wonder why?

also lots of claims you're making there!

I am literally at work right now, but go ahead and look up the stats.

Edit: Also, I just looked, that was my fourth post, so you’re already being disingenuous.

Edited by Splitcart, 06 October 2021 - 12:13 PM.

#403 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:13 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 12:12 PM, said:

sounds like it's on you to provide that proof!

also you were so compelled by how much you dislike trans people that not only did you leave lurker mode after years of playing this game, but you're posting at work

Edited by pattonesque, 06 October 2021 - 12:14 PM.

#404 Danichi Itobar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:14 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 06 October 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

Pgi done f ed up. Now they trying to fix it. In other news when is the re-re-scale happening?

Re re scale? Now thats interesting, are we talking about mech size or another quirk pass?

#405 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:15 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 12:12 PM, said:

I just did and it's like 1% lol

#406 Splitcart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:17 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 October 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

sounds like it's on you to provide that proof!

also you were so compelled by how much you dislike trans people that not only did you leave lurker mode after years of playing this game, but you're posting at work

Not a lot of time because I actually have to work, but, first hit on google. https://khn.org/morn...ansgender-care/

Edit: You know why? Because I care about children and think that mutilating them is wrong, ohhhh how horrible of me! But sure, let’s just devolve into personal attacks, because it’s all you can do.

Edited by Splitcart, 06 October 2021 - 12:20 PM.

#407 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:22 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

Edit: You know why? Because I care about children and think that mutilating them is wrong, ohhhh how horrible of me! But sure, let’s just devolve into personal attacks, because it’s all you can do.

Nobody was personally attacking you ahahaha talk about a victim complex.

#408 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:26 PM

View PostDanichi Itobar, on 06 October 2021 - 12:14 PM, said:

Re re scale? Now thats interesting, are we talking about mech size or another quirk pass?

Mech size. Mainly I'm constantly trying to get the is jenner's old scale restored but a lot of other 35 ton mechs could use size adjustment. Quirks are just an edit that can be done in a day. Rescale takes a whole lot more work on the actual models,hit boxes etc. There's a video on youtube of the scale comparision before and after. The jenner's in partiular got hit with the now-godzilla-size ray.

#409 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:27 PM

As a kind reminder, good folks of all genders and persuasions, it is HIGHLY unlikely that even a single person's opinion of trans issues will be altered in the least bit by a thread on an MWO forum, no matter how strongly you may feel about the subject.

But what is it that we CAN accomplish and discuss in the thread??? Bear in mind that game moderators screwed up SO badly this time that PGI is now forced to leave a thread unlocked that finally permits the community to discuss the game's said screwed up moderation, asinine interpretation of The Rules, and the antiquated and poorly written Rules themselves which have been treated as gospel up until this point by moderators who need both better training and to be more effectively managed.

Eye on the prize, guys and gals ;) Incompetent game moderation, the needed rescale, and the bad matchmaker are three of the primary issues facing MWO, and we can now discuss all three instead of just two.

#410 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:32 PM

View PostCapt Deadpool, on 06 October 2021 - 12:27 PM, said:

As a kind reminder, good folks of all genders and persuasions, it is HIGHLY unlikely that even a single person's opinion of trans issues will be altered in the least bit by a thread on an MWO forum, no matter how strongly you may feel about the subject.

But what is it that we CAN accomplish and discuss in the thread??? Bear in mind that game moderators screwed up SO badly this time that PGI is now forced to leave a thread unlocked that finally permits the community to discuss the game's said screwed up moderation, asinine interpretation of The Rules, and the antiquated and poorly written Rules themselves which have been treated as gospel up until this point by moderators who need both better training and to be more effectively managed.

Eye on the prize, guys and gals ;) Incompetent game moderation, the needed rescale, and the bad matchmaker are three of the primary issues facing MWO, and we can now discuss all three instead of just two.

I think this thread has done a great job of outing bigots so far, I consider that a win.

#411 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:35 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

Not a lot of time because I actually have to work, but, first hit on google. https://khn.org/morn...ansgender-care/

neither of the links on that site work :)

#412 Goedmaker

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:46 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 October 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

lots of longtime players suddenly inspired by this topic to make some of their first posts ever on this forum. I wonder why?

also lots of claims you're making there!

Because lots of players are probably sick of political correctness and transgenderism being driven into games exclusively by liberals and the LGBT crowd.

People can't make games anymore without your crowd breathing down their neck, people can't play games or communicate now without your crowd eying them like hawks, waiting for even the smallest excuse to scream at them and call for bans and censorship and cancel people. It's the reason why the entirety of Activision with WOW and Overwatch has been turned into a dumpster fire, as they've gotten taken over by a need to pander to the outrage mob by redesigning stuff instead of making the games not suck.

It's the reason why people like Veigle went all those years without getting banned. Nobody normal gives a **** about someone saying "evening ladies", but with the surge of LGTB people in today's year, a simple greeting is enough for them to lose their minds and permaban him.

#413 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:50 PM

View PostGoedmaker, on 06 October 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

Because lots of players are probably sick of political correctness and transgenderism being driven into games exclusively by liberals and the LGBT crowd.

People can't make games anymore without your crowd breathing down their neck, people can't play games or communicate now without your crowd eying them like hawks, waiting for even the smallest excuse to scream at them and call for bans and censorship and cancel people. It's the reason why the entirety of Activision with WOW and Overwatch has been turned into a dumpster fire, as they've gotten taken over by a need to pander to the outrage mob by redesigning stuff instead of making the games not suck.

It's the reason why people like Veigle went all those years without getting banned. Nobody normal gives a **** about someone saying "evening ladies", but with the surge of LGTB people in today's year, a simple greeting is enough for them to lose their minds and permaban him.

was there a surge of LGBT people playing MWO in the last few months?

Also I'm so very sorry the world is changing around you in a way you find to be scary and confusing. Many people beforehand have experienced this as well -- change a word or two and much of your rant could apply to, say, a bigot in the 60's ranting about black folks. I can assure you that nothing extra will be required of you other than some basic courtesy toward trans folks. I don't think you're emotionally equipped to handle that, but it is possible.

#414 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

View PostGoedmaker, on 06 October 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

Ah yes liberals, that small niche group of people who represent over half of the US voting population.

#415 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

View PostBrauer, on 06 October 2021 - 12:32 PM, said:

I think this thread has done a great job of outing bigots so far, I consider that a win.

I blame our garbage 'education' industry, every single corporate cable disinformation network (all are atrocious), and the social media plague rather than the unthinking human products manufactured by such institutions (who really are not at fault for either the genes they were born with or the education they received). Though it is helpful to society when said products unwittingly identify themselves...

Edited by Capt Deadpool, 06 October 2021 - 12:57 PM.

#416 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:52 PM

View PostPika, on 06 October 2021 - 12:07 PM, said:

Lol I called you an idiot for saying addiction is a choice.

Jesus. I thought you were leaving, make this thread better and do what you told us all you would many posts ago.

Not while somebody is wrong on the internet. And you are wrong. Context is important here which you continue ignore quite on purpose. Once again, I said that people suffering dysphoria do not perform any action (choice) to make themselves as such. Addiction is a choice in that you initiate it by some action - like taking the painkillers, which then gets you hooked. I did not say that it is a choice you can necessarily avoid. But unlike being dysphoric, addiction can be cured by therapy or avoided entirely by not taking the substance in the first place. Essentially, one is not born an addict, but they may well be born wit dysphoria or develop it in some unavoidable way due to a fundamental mismatch between physical and psychological configuration. External input is not required.

Edited by RickySpanish, 06 October 2021 - 12:54 PM.

#417 Splitcart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:54 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 October 2021 - 12:35 PM, said:

neither of the links on that site work :)

They all work for me. Basic jist is 94% of kids who DON’T take mind altering drugs and hormones grow out of it, while the ones who DO take mind altering drugs and hormones do not grow out of it, almost as if their mind were altered by some mysterious mind-altering force... Activists say it’s wrong because it goes against their narrative, so it must be wrong. Something like that at least.

#418 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:58 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

They all work for me. Basic jist is 94% of kids who DON’T take mind altering drugs and hormones grow out of it, while the ones who DO take mind altering drugs and hormones do not grow out of it, almost as if their mind were altered by some mysterious mind-altering force... Activists say it’s wrong because it goes against their narrative, so it must be wrong. Something like that at least.

So wait, you're saying that only the kids that actually want to go through with transitioning actually end up going through? And you're saying that this is a bad thing?

Oh wait, they're bring brainwashed, right. lol, okay. They only like it because of the chemicals in the water the make the frogs gay!

#419 Splitcart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:05 PM

View PostNickiepoo, on 06 October 2021 - 12:58 PM, said:

So wait, you're saying that only the kids that actually want to go through with transitioning actually end up going through? And you're saying that this is a bad thing?

Oh wait, they're bring brainwashed, right. lol, okay. They only like it because of the chemicals in the water the make the frogs gay!

See now it just sounds like you’re treating the proven fact that chemicals in the water were causing frogs to transition is not true, because you don’t like the person who broke the news....

And yes, when there is a ~94% chance to grow out of it, but instead you put a child on drugs that will essentially lock them into a demographic with very high attempted suicide rates, I think that is a bad thing and is harmful to children.

Edited by Splitcart, 06 October 2021 - 01:07 PM.

#420 Beet Wagon

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:05 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

I went ahead and clicked through and absolutely nothing in those articles is talking about kids taking hormones, they're both about social transitioning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users