• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:01 PM

King Crab[color=#00FFFF]
KGC-001:[/color]
<p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 255, 255); font-family: "Stratum1 Regular"; background-color: rgb(25, 25, 25);">
  • Added ERPPC HSL +2

Am I missing something? This mech only has 2 energy available?

#242 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 October 2021 - 04:12 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 October 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

I think it's because it got +1 LL., that means it can alternate between 3 by 3 CERLL from a distance, would be completely oppressive on massive maps like Boreal Vault and Alpine Peaks.

I wonder how broken a 3x HLL though?

I'm pretty sure the HSL quirk is specific to ERLL (its stock loadout) and replacing them with HLL would trigger Ghost Heat again.

#243 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 05:27 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 20 October 2021 - 03:09 AM, said:

Because I play only clans in FP and whine how OP IS mechs are.

Here is some data I pulled from the leaderboards yesterday regarding what was shown on the player cards of the top 10 players of each division

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's the stats of the best 'Mechs in 1v1 if Clan Mechs were that good why there are almost none

#244 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 05:36 AM

View PostStaude, on 21 October 2021 - 05:27 AM, said:

Here is some data I pulled from the leaderboards yesterday regarding what was shown on the player cards of the top 10 players of each division

That's the stats of the best 'Mechs in 1v1 if Clan Mechs were that good why there are almost none

Is quick play 1v1, or are there other mechs involved? A mech that is good in Solaris may not be nearly as good in QP and vice versa because straight-up 1v1s with no other considerations do not happen all that much in QP.

#245 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 05:45 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 21 October 2021 - 05:36 AM, said:

Is quick play 1v1, or are there other mechs involved? A mech that is good in Solaris may not be nearly as good in QP and vice versa because straight-up 1v1s with no other considerations do not happen all that much in QP.

it's about the balance of mechs and weapons not about tactics or playing skills

#246 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 05:54 AM

View PostStaude, on 21 October 2021 - 05:45 AM, said:

mmmm, what is the size of Solaris maps? ... well, forget it, nvm

#247 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 05:57 AM

so,Panzer VIII Maus was the best, the deadliest and THE war wining tank of WWII. Roger.

#248 TubbyToast

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 06:05 AM

Yeah sure IS super OP but what actually important is that uac5s (clan,is) are underperforming, specially with the ghostheat we getting. On close range they r not that strong and further away +500m ppcs, gauss and lasers dominating at the moment.

#249 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 06:08 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 21 October 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

so,Panzer VIII Maus was the best, the deadliest and THE war wining tank of WWII. Roger.

what did i say that's the one! Skills and tactics are the other Mechs and weapons cannot be influenced, but the performance of the game cannot be influenced It's about a basic requirement if player x makes a mistake, player y will always have an advantage

#250 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 06:51 AM

what are you talking about dude

#251 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:09 AM

Solaris is Solaris and 12 vs 12 is a whole different beast - the solo/duo small scale maps play completely different to the team play big scale maps of 12vs12 or FP.

#252 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 21 October 2021 - 11:00 AM

View PostSereglach, on 15 October 2021 - 08:29 PM, said:

Anyway, according to this post, here, Mark said the PXH would be following proper arm hardpoint priorities from the original concept and actual PXH lore now ... yet that doesn't appear to be the case in the screenshots for this patch. Has that changed? Was it unable to happen for some reason? For clarity, on the stock loadout, the only handheld laser should be the single LPL in the right arm, with the other lasers in the forearms (first hardpoint in the forearm, then handheld).

Since no one answered, I went and answered it myself. For anyone who cares, no, the PXH was not exactly fixed to properly place hardpoints. The first energy hardpoint on the L arm is going into the forearm, as it should, but the first energy hardpoint on the R arm is going into the hand instead of the forearm. So on stock loadouts it looks right . . . do any customization and it quickly looks off.

I was looking forward to not having huge pistol hitbox extensions and corner-poke flags sticking off my arms for various builds I was contemplating running . . . oh well. At least it's a little better than it was before . . . at least stock builds look right.

#253 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 October 2021 - 11:55 AM

Balance of mechs and weapons in Solaris has nothing to do with the balance of mechs and weapons in quick play.

#254 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 11:59 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 October 2021 - 11:55 AM, said:

Balance of mechs and weapons in Solaris has nothing to do with the balance of mechs and weapons in quick play.

this is such an obvious point that I cannot believe this other dude is even arguing it

#255 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:21 PM

In solaris you can also afford to severely underengine and underammo your mechs to fit an appropriate firepower load. You can't do that in quickplay without dying an ignoble, horrific death.

Being able to spend less tonnage on engine and not get schwacked for it favors the IS mechs that usually have to pay a severe tax in engine weight or survivability loss, while clan mechs are able to keep good speeds without a high cost in slots (from their XL, endo, ferro, and 2 slot DHS) or tonnage, which allows them in turn to mount a disproportionately larger amount of guns when compared to an IS mech that is concerned with going the same speed.

But in the solaris setting where the maps are relatively tiny it isn't important to go fast as long as you aren't just straight up unable to get around a corner or over a ridge. An IS mech going 40kph doesn't have to be concerned with getting isolated and picked apart. As long as you aren't gimping your heat by undersizing your engine you can do whatever you want.

IS tech also favors brawling and running hot when compared to most clan loadouts, and that's the style that is most favored in solaris.

Take an optimized solaris loadout into quickplay and you'll likely get dunked on by a wolfpack, left behind in a nascar, and will run out of ammo very fast if you do somehow manage to survive.

Edited by Commoners, 21 October 2021 - 12:22 PM.

#256 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 October 2021 - 01:07 PM

Solaris has hard locked divisions with mechs on small maps without 22 other players to worry about.
Mechs can afford to be slower and pack more guns, less heatsinks, less significantly less ammo etc etc. Hence Solaris builds are very specific for the mode and often do not translate well into Quick Play.

Trying to use Solaris as some kind of justification for your point shows a pretty big lack of understanding, almost desperation. You've lost all credibility bringing Solaris into a QP balance discussion.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 21 October 2021 - 01:14 PM.

#257 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 October 2021 - 02:20 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 October 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

I think it's because it got +1 LL., that means it can alternate between 3 by 3 CERLL from a distance, would be completely oppressive on massive maps like Boreal Vault and Alpine Peaks.

View Postdario03, on 20 October 2021 - 07:23 PM, said:

Because in a previous patch it got erll hsl+1 which is a strong quirk. And one of things that makes it strong is it allows the mech to fire all of its lasers in a shorter duration. So for instance a common build is 6erll and instead of 2+2+2 you just have to delay once and do 3+3.

Alright... I think that I can pretty much presume from there that it got to be OverPowered with any further Quirks applied, and thus needed correction. Thanks, 'The6thMessenger' & 'dario03', for the heads-up on this. :)

~D. V. "Now gets why the SNV-1 had to be changed with Oct. 2021's Patch" Devnull

#258 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 09:26 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 October 2021 - 01:07 PM, said:

Solaris has hard locked divisions with mechs on small maps without 22 other players to worry about.
Mechs can afford to be slower and pack more guns, less heatsinks, less significantly less ammo etc etc. Hence Solaris builds are very specific for the mode and often do not translate well into Quick Play.

Trying to use Solaris as some kind of justification for your point shows a pretty big lack of understanding, almost desperation. You've lost all credibility bringing Solaris into a QP balance discussion.

on the one hand I don't care about QP, on the other hand, the mech balance does not play such a big role in the QP as in the FP, because I can use both sides but if I don't value this mode (FP) it looks a little different

#259 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 11:09 PM

While I appreciate the efforts to re-work this map, Viridian Bog needs a complete re-work, not a patch like it's currently had.

Viridian Bog is hand's down the worst map right now. It's virtually impossible to play as an assault (and I am no noob) and is completely geared towards mediums and lights. There is too much foliage, not enough cover, and visibility is too poor. The map itself is completely one-dimensional, with limited strategies that each team can employ.

PGI, please continue to re-work this map.

Edited by Titan Prometheus, 21 October 2021 - 11:19 PM.

#260 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:56 AM

Playing as a non-JJed light, it's hard to navigate around the steps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users