Mwo Vs Wot

49 replies to this topic

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 06:37 PM

i figure a weapons pack is going to have to wait until the cauldron finishes the bulk of its work. id definitely get them involved in a new weapons pack so as to find the best niches to fill within the available in the design space and to come up with a balanced implementation. ive herd them say something from 8 monts to a year, which is more than enough time to get other work done at pgi's end. id love to see a rebranded and well advertised mega update by the end of next year. otherwise the best they can do is try to maintain the current status quo for as long as possible.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 October 2021 - 06:40 PM.

#42 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 12:21 AM

I still wonder what a re-re-branding would do. Sure Solaris is gone, sadly. I realy liked to play it every now and then.
FP is also near dead? Not sure, haven't looked into it for ages.

Anyway beside not pointing to a dead mode in the title, what will the rebranding do? I mean is it to attract new players?
Is it just so people don't get confused about the missing mode?

The other part is realy that if they do the rebranding they first need to come up with a bigger plan. Everything needs to be updated, balanced and some new stuff thrown in before a rebranding plus ads would archive anything.

#43 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 October 2021 - 05:06 AM

I stopped playing WoT years ago. Wargamming threw balance out the window for profit aand it's just got worse and worse.
Their business model is corrupt, and digusts me.

Make new premium Tank, with amazing stats so the guilable, and the bads buy it, when sales slow, nerf it in the name of 'balanz'

Of course when it was relitively new, it was on the whole a better game, than MWO as it had only three things to balance one big gun, armour and speed..

MWO with it's vastly differing weapons systems was always going to be a Mare to balance, yet they did well.

They certainly got the clans right despite many rabid clan fans saying they were ruined because PGI took away the instant win button.

Only thing they've really dropped the ball on has been stealth Armour. adding it now means we have hidden 100 ton assault mechs being stationary snipers. it's a gimick on a 50 ton mech, but a serious balance issue when you can hide in plain sight with a pair of Guass and PPC's

#44 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:00 AM

View PostAndrewlik, on 27 October 2021 - 11:38 AM, said:

I used to play World of Tanks for a long time, (Heck, search my username on google and you can find some of my old forum posts) but eventually quit because it felt overly monetized, pay to win, and balance was out the window.

I recently (like january) started playing MWO coming from MW5 coming from HBS BT, and I find that MWO does do alot of things better than WoT (at least for me):

1. Monetization
I don't feel like I'm being gouged for money at every corner. I don't feel like I "need" to spend money in order to "Afford" to play the mechs I want - this, tied into the fact there is no "tech tree" means I can far more easily play the mech I want to play
Cosmetics are a bit overpriced, but otherwise, MWO's monetization feels fair.

2. Balance and customization

(Almost surely thanks to The Cauldron), MWO's meta feels far more varied, with alot more builds that are "viable" than WOT.
I mean, the difference between "meme" and "meta" is far smaller in MWO than in WOT.
WOT ranked meta has devolved into the same ~6 or so fast heavies and mediums with impenetrable turrets and 1 light that just makes other lights obsolete.
In MWO, I'm seeing alot of variety, even between mechs of the same chassis and variant.
With MWO, there is such good customization that on some mechs (such as my previous Catapult K2) I can't decide on whats the best build because so many feel viable, where as with WOT there is rarely more than 1 way to play a tank.

What do you guys think? For me, in all aspects (outside of graphics), MWO does what WOT did for me but better in all regards.
It just lacks the content creation community WOT had - Quickybaby, World of Lols, I haven't really found an exact equivalent for MWO.

Your big mistake is not playing War Thunder.

#45 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,425 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 November 2021 - 03:31 PM

Faction Play (FP) is very active lately; almost no wait if you play as a Group in FP ;)

#46 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 November 2021 - 05:51 AM

View Postw0qj, on 02 November 2021 - 03:31 PM, said:

Faction Play (FP) is very active lately; almost no wait if you play as a Group in FP Posted Image

Not been my experience. What time of day are you logged in and playing? (That makes all the difference.)

#47 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 04:04 PM

Well, at least FP was very active for at least 2 days North American evening Nov 2nd & 3rd...
FP launches every few minutes...

Back to relatively peace+quiet FP right now though...

Faction Play (FP) is very active lately; almost no wait if you play as a Group in FP Posted Image

#48 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 05:15 PM

OK, FP is VERY active again today Nov 4th, 1am UTC time and onwards (basically 9pm and onwards New York time).

It does look like FP is much more active than before ;)

#49 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:10 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 29 October 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

The few things I remember from playing WoT:
>The game was heavily nation biased. You either played the Big Three or you struggled. And gods forbid you tried to play thhe British tanks.
>The game was heavily weight-biased. The heavy players whined and the game was altered. Narrow corridor maps became the norm, and there was plenty of cover from artillery.
>The game was (and probably still is) a paypiggies wet dream. Pay up or struggle. Premium ammo was literal p2w.
>Armour and gun penetration values were changed at a whim and **** historical accuracy
>HP pools for tanks

I played Warthunder early days and it was Russia or bust.. Everything else was junk compared so i said not for me.. plus it was annoying people could run into you and not die but you did..

Terrible game.

#50 blastedmast3R

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 11 November 2021 - 02:09 PM

I quit WoT because I felt like the guys who play are just a lot more toxic in general. Toxic isn't a term I just throw around though. They seem to have zero patience for those who are learning the game, and have no reservations about tearing you to shreds. I wasn't willing to put up with that.

By comparison, MWO players seem to have no misgivings about giving constructive advice without all the salt. For me, that was the deciding factor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users