Map Details - 00:41 - 22:00
Current Events - 22:03 - 31:02
Looking Forward - 31:03 - 40:00

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:03 PM

Fix the damn steps on the Bog.

Also add a cave on the middle mountain.

EDIT:

New Map from Hellebore Spring? Isn't that just basically Canyon Network with more flower patches?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 November 2021 - 05:08 PM.

#3 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:05 PM

Annihilators getting stuck on new hellbore map

"What are you doing step Piranha?"

Awesome work guys, new map looks amazing, keep up the loot bag events, these are invaluable to new players looking to expand their mech bays or getting their first hero mech.

Looking forward to 2022, *cough* Anni C

Edited by Stonefalcon, 01 November 2021 - 05:18 PM.

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:22 PM

THANK YOU for the Dev Log talk timeline overview; much appreciated !!

#5 RJF Daniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:04 PM

ttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssccccccccccrrrrrrriiiiiiiipppppppppppttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!....................Posted Image

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:21 PM

How do we get mech chassis back to the front of the line? There is quite the list that is needed.

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:27 PM

A Russian server? Go on, hate Australians a little more...

#8 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:58 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 01 November 2021 - 08:27 PM, said:

Boris!

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:27 PM

ah, the mechwarrior snews.

the new map looks like its gon be gud though.

Edited by LordNothing, 01 November 2021 - 10:42 PM.

#10 Dousk

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:36 PM

Thats awesome! Great work all
Overall I like the latest changes to the game and I'm really looking forward for the new map

One thing I think could improve a LOT though is the Steam store, can we have some love there?
It has been neglected for so long now..
Would love to see some booster/hero packs and maybe also bring back the performance packs that disappeared from there a long time ago? Posted Image

#11 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:20 AM

I don't doubt François's skill at making good maps in terms of balance. But from a visual point of view, his maps are much inferior to vanilla ones.

Edited by Lepestok, 02 November 2021 - 12:38 AM.

#12 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:56 AM

View PostLepestok, on 02 November 2021 - 12:20 AM, said:

I don't doubt François's skill at making good maps in terms of balance. But from a visual point of view, his maps are much inferior to vanilla ones.

Kind of agree but that's kind of pervasive in many maps like Viridian bog.

Sometimes the needless trees clutter my field of view I can't make a god damn shot.

#13 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:09 AM

Remember how we talked about no one wants to watch an hour long video when the actual information could be conveyed in a handful of bullet points?

#14 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:36 AM

Year 2020 wants his roadmap back! Posted Image

#15 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:56 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 02 November 2021 - 12:56 AM, said:

Sometimes the needless trees clutter my field of view I can't make a god damn shot.

That is the whole point about the trees. You are not supposed to have "god" damn shots. Just regular shots ^_^
Its partial cover and requires people to move around. So its good to have them. Also gives other playstyles a bit of room to manouver without beeing just targets.

#16 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2021 - 03:46 AM

When I thirst saw an image of the new map I thought "damn, that's a damn brown ugly map" but now I'm really hooked after I saw the new impressions. Could be the best looking map in the future, specially when the skybox wouldn't be brownish (just a suggestion Posted Image).

#17 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 02 November 2021 - 03:55 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 02 November 2021 - 01:56 AM, said:

That is the whole point about the trees. You are not supposed to have "god" damn shots. Just regular shots Posted Image
Its partial cover and requires people to move around. So its good to have them. Also gives other playstyles a bit of room to manouver without beeing just targets.

And we're back with the "Lumberjack" Achievements that where discussed years ago... can we please have them?

#18 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for the info, unlike most others i like all the new maps (except Canyon) the rest are amazing, even Caustic i enjoy.

Keep up the good work. Please add some new content at some point (outside of maps) Also please consider Quickplay dropdecks. at a match intro.

Urbanmech IIC please!

Edited by MechaGnome, 02 November 2021 - 04:35 AM.

#19 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:47 AM

Ooooooooohhh... Me and my overloaded brain... Here I go with another Batch Reply!!!
(By the way, I avoided using emoji in this post because I know the Forums have a hidden limit that I definitely would have bumped off of!!! Sorry to anyone that causes to get the wrong expression from me!!! At least I was able to put good gaps between those I would be replying to...)

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 01 November 2021 - 04:38 PM, said:

MechWarrior Online October Dev Log

First up, you guys and the most important one of my entire Batch Reply here... By the way, I'm glad your Developer VLog can be comfortably listened to at 1.1x the normal playback speed, as I was in a bit of a hurry for much-needed time.

I'm a little confused by Daeron and their mention of a Patch on November 14th (around 23:05 in the video) which happens to occur on a Sunday during this month. Other pages claim that the Patch will not happen until the 23rd of the month, including the Annual Rewards Qualification Page itself. Could we have some clarification of when this will happen, please? Is there something which I'm royally missing here?
(EDIT :: Scratch this above item... I didn't realize you guys were talking about December's Patch there, and you can thank 'Aidan Crenshaw' for helping me catch myself!!!)

Speaking further of the Annual Rewards that you're giving, it also happens that I'm glad you picked some unusual Variants to bring into the game. There's no question that MWO was overdue for these, and so I'll be happily awaiting their entry into general gameplay. After all, who doesn't want to blast an Atlas or UrbanMech out of the air? I think that I'll enjoy seeing a few of those!

Also, you have my Thanks for posting this video and giving us an insight into the overload which those of you at PGI are dealing with on a near-daily basis. I rather much get the feeling that some of this work-from-home madness has put some real hiccups into things too. Hopefully you'll all get to smooth it out in good time.

Maybe you could also check in on the discussion for the ToT7 Loot Bag Event while you're at it? I'm not the only person confused by there only being 6 Days after the Event to open Loot Bags and get Grand Prizes before time runs out, while the Trackers still get all 14 Days to work with! Were the Loot Bags and Grand Prizes supposed to have more time, as to match with the Trackers allowances?

In regard to the Russian Server which you're planning to add, it happens that I'm stoked for it. But it also comes with an extra question... When is the control which enables the player to select what Servers they wish to play on going to receive the repairs/fixes needed to make it once again always functional? This particular disruptive Bug has been going on for way too long, and it will actively interfere with the Russian MWO Server's Release into use for players to jump on.

I happened to notice in addition that you're aware of the issue with the steps on Viridian Bog at this time. Glad to hear it, and will be looking forward to the repair/fix for this one. If you would like some additional feedback, I think it might be nice to expand the board a little on the C-Line side of things, and prevent that wall from being the unintended trap that I have started to notice it becoming. But please try not to lose that wall's particular interesting contour, because I did notice the potential for an opposing Light to give others trouble, and I don't see any reason to lose that during an expansion on the C-Line side either!

View PostRJF Daniel, on 01 November 2021 - 07:04 PM, said:

ttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssccccccccccrrrrrrriiiiiiiipppppppppppttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!....................Posted Image

Hi there, Daniel... You must have missed the slightly hidden Transcript Control in the midst of YouTube's page for the Developer VLog video. It is rather easily reached by using the triple dots ("...") to the right of the "Save" command and selecting "Open Transcript" from the list of options which appears for use. Admittedly, it appears to be an auto-translation of what is being said in the video, but at least that's better than not having one to find at all.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 November 2021 - 07:21 PM, said:

How do we get mech chassis back to the front of the line? There is quite the list that is needed.

There is only one more that we need right now... It must be the "UrbanMech IIC" which comes forth!!!

View PostBowelhacker, on 01 November 2021 - 08:27 PM, said:

I do not think that is PGI's intent in this matter... I think they are trying to give Russians a server to play on where they are more likely to be put together and allow them to use their voices without having to understand English so much. This actually results in an outcome of being caring/loving towards Australians a bit more, because then you have less chance of collision between Australians and Russians in terms of things like language barriers. It also means that when I get put on the Oceanic Server for a Match during the day, then I can expect more people who understand what I'm saying (and trying to be constructive about) to actually be present. And if it happens that I get put on the Russian Server instead? Well, at least I'm aware in advance of nobody being likely to understand me!

View PostSteve Pryde, on 02 November 2021 - 03:46 AM, said:

When I thirst saw an image of the new map I thought "damn, that's a damn brown ugly map" but now I'm really hooked after I saw the new impressions. Could be the best looking map in the future, specially when the skybox wouldn't be brownish (just a suggestion Posted Image).

Heh... What would you think about a Light Purple Skybox being implemented? It would fit with all the purple plants and such, right along with Francois's apparently favorite choice (around 14:30 in the video) of color. Personally in terms of seeing something different, it happens that I would look forward to viewing something of that kind.

...and now I'm off again, but at least my mind doesn't feel like it's bursting at the seams anymore! After this 2021 October MWO Developer VLog being posted, I'm looking forward to things a little bit more... and that's good.

~D. V. "Now waiting for what the future holds after seeing the 2021 October MWO Developer VLog" Devnull

[Edit by the Post's Author for something that had to be marked out because they didn't realize the correct context at the time!!!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 02 November 2021 - 07:58 AM.

#20 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:51 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 02 November 2021 - 05:47 AM, said:

I'm a little confused by Daeron and their mention of a Patch on November 14th (around 23:05 in the video) which happens to occur on a Sunday during this month. Other pages claim that the Patch will not happen until the 23rd of the month, including the Annual Rewards Qualification Page itself. Could we have some clarification of when this will happen, please? Is there something which I'm royally missing here?

The fact that they were talking about Decemebr 14th Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users