2021 Loyalty Reward 'mech Stats And Pattern!

56 replies to this topic

#21 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:10 AM

View PostCharon DOC Stock, on 03 November 2021 - 07:38 AM, said:

As it doesn't respect the original design why didn't you call those variant AS7-K3P and UM-R80P?
It hurts my Lorewarrior feelings. I regret having bought MC and a booster pack to qualify for this "rewards".
Wallet closed now.

Some people... XD

#22 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:44 AM

I ' M E X C I T ED

#23 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 November 2021 - 09:46 AM

As it doesn't respect the original design why didn't you call those variant AS7-K3P and UM-R80P?
It hurts my Lorewarrior feelings. I regret having bought MC and a booster pack to qualify for this "rewards".
Wallet closed now.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 03 November 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

Some people... XD

I'm actually a little confused here. This is probably one time that I'm just not seeing the reason for being upset. :o

The provided initial Stock Build for the UM-R80 matches the Record Sheet as shown on Page 7 of the other Thread (https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/281535-2021-mechwarrior-online-annual-rewards-program/page__view__findpost__p__6431125) where discussion was happening. About the only oddity/difference is that they did the traditional PGI-executed inflation of HardPoints which one has access to. Nothing really that problematic, albeit they probably should have done the inflation on the opposite Arm of that design... and that's even if for no other reason than avoiding further Nascar-promoting issues that we've all been trying to get away from? :mellow:

Maybe the only major difference was with the AS7-K3 design, but they were trying to avoid game-disrupting contention between the Missile and Ballistic HardPoints there. It really would have ruined that Atlas if the Missile and Ballistic HardPoints had remained on the same side in MWO's game climate, simply because it would have choked out way too many design options. Also, there is the fact that PGI's own modeling for the Atlas does not have Missile HardPoints on the Right Torso either, and may not in the near future. Sure, there is the inflation of Energy HardPoints happening, but that's only to keep the AS7-K3 able to work properly against other Variants already present in the game. Perhaps there needed to be more Missile HardPoints (not merely only one) and not an inflation of Ballistic HardPoints in this Variant's particular case? Or perhaps they should have spent extra modeling time here, and made something akin to the AS7-K5 idea which I had earlier (https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/281705-2021-loyalty-reward-mech-stats/page__view__findpost__p__6433208) and posted the HardPoint counts about? I just don't know... :(

Oh well... One more unsatisfied player in the MWO game climate to have to worry about on the battlefields now... And one more instance of me "not getting it" in my poor dense head. -_-

~D. V. "doesn't get someone's mentality over inbound new Mech releases, and what they add to MWO here" Devnull

#24 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 03 November 2021 - 11:58 AM

Wallet closed now.

Hey, I'll take his if he doesn't want em. I mean, only thing better than a stealth urbie is 2 stealth urbie. Plus a 2nd Atlas wouldn't be awful.

#25 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 09:48 PM

I'm personally a little confused why you'd put jumpjets on an Atlas to begin with, since the only use I'd likely get out of them is using them to negate leg damage from a fall, such as you can experience when very randomly a bunch of impatient people all decide to inexplicably go up the exact same to tiny ramp you're alrready on but that doesn't mean I'm going to complain about the people who clearly wanted one.

Maybe they have a way of making effective use of them that I haven't considered. As it is, the urbie and viper variants already in the game both seem to get a lot more use out of jumpjets then most heavy and assault mechs that *already* have them are capable of (being caught in traffic jams in combat are often lethal for fairly lightly armored mechs, and jump jets are a great way to get out of them or avoid being in one to begin with by opening up alternate routes heavierr mechs can't take)and if there's a chance this'll somehow allow similar alterrnate routes to open up to these atlases, which let's be honest, we all know will be on every team we drop with regardless of game mode for at least the next few months, it's still a net win in my book.

Why complain about something that might even if it's by accident, help with a persistant annoyance we've all dealt with?

#26 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:37 AM

Its a shame i was hoping the urbie was getting two large pulse lasers and a RAC5 Posted Image with 169kph.

View PostKodan Black, on 03 November 2021 - 11:58 AM, said:

Hey, I'll take his if he doesn't want em. I mean, only thing better than a stealth urbie is 2 stealth urbie. Plus a 2nd Atlas wouldn't be awful.

All these incoming stealth urbies with no serious weaponry...

View Postambosen, on 03 November 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

I'm personally a little confused why you'd put jumpjets on an Atlas to begin with, since the only use I'd likely get out of them is using them to negate leg damage from a fall, such as you can experience when very randomly a bunch of impatient people all decide to inexplicably go up the exact same to tiny ramp you're alrready on but that doesn't mean I'm going to complain about the people who clearly wanted one.

Maybe they have a way of making effective use of them that I haven't considered. As it is, the urbie and viper variants already in the game both seem to get a lot more use out of jumpjets then most heavy and assault mechs that *already* have them are capable of (being caught in traffic jams in combat are often lethal for fairly lightly armored mechs, and jump jets are a great way to get out of them or avoid being in one to begin with by opening up alternate routes heavierr mechs can't take)and if there's a chance this'll somehow allow similar alterrnate routes to open up to these atlases, which let's be honest, we all know will be on every team we drop with regardless of game mode for at least the next few months, it's still a net win in my book.

Why complain about something that might even if it's by accident, help with a persistant annoyance we've all dealt with?

I instantly take all the jumpjets off 99 % of my heavies and Assault mechs.. they are so useless and limit heat and tonnage.. Obviously clan ones i'm stuck with sadly..

Edited by MechaGnome, 04 November 2021 - 06:42 AM.

#27 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:57 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 04 November 2021 - 06:37 AM, said:

I instantly take all the jumpjets off 99 % of my heavies and Assault mechs.. they are so useless and limit heat and tonnage.. Obviously clan ones i'm stuck with sadly..

you should always have at least one JJ on any mech that can take it. the utility is worth losing a few KPH from an engine

#28 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:58 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 04 November 2021 - 06:37 AM, said:

at least 1 JJ always when anyway possible,
- gets you in places that you wouldn't get without them / take massive shortcuts to get into places.
- can juggle some damage off with JJs
- saves some leg health from jumping down from places

edit: on topic: Urbie and Viper looks pretty nice, might get that urbie.. ECM + 3-4 LPPC seems pretty good mech. UM-R80 (L)

Edited by Curccu, 04 November 2021 - 07:11 AM.

#29 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:20 AM

To clarify, I'm not saying jump jets on a heavy or assault are completely useless, I'm just saying you tend to get more relative "bang for your buck" with them with lights and mediums, particular when it comes to mobility, hit evasion, height, ect. On some maps for example, a viper with jump jets can literally jump high enough to hit invisible walls in the ceilings of those maps.

And being able to jump to a height high enough to be a difficult to locate spotter for your teams' missile boats or snipe without easy detection is obviously an advantage in some situations. And well, while it doesn't always work, sometimes quickly jump jetting while moving side to side or backwards, or forwards can screw with the arc inbound missiles enough they'll miss, particularly with inner sphere ones since they typically all come down in one fairly uniform and dense volley. That trick can sometimes work even with a fairly wide assault.

#30 Aedryel

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:46 AM

A Stealth Atlas with Jump Jets...huh. Considering an assault JJ takes up 2 tons my bet is they will equip 2 at most to be at least marginally capable of hill climbing in order to dish out some sniping high-ground,
because 1/3 of the QP matches nowadays are already predetermined by which team brings more longrange abusers.

If this equipment combination became that common that even the 100 tonner fatasses can jump (...to a degree),
now would be a good time to give...let's say...Stormcrows JJs combined with a head-mounted ECM if at it.
You might ask why Stormcrows in particular? Just because I like them, this is as good justification as any.

On second thought, no, just release a JJ/ECM variant of each mech chassis, why would keep unique niches unique.

#31 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 09:24 AM

View Postambosen, on 04 November 2021 - 08:20 AM, said:

To clarify, I'm not saying jump jets on a heavy or assault are completely useless, I'm just saying you tend to get more relative "bang for your buck" with them with lights and mediums, particular when it comes to mobility, hit evasion, height, ect. On some maps for example, a viper with jump jets can literally jump high enough to hit invisible walls in the ceilings of those maps.

And being able to jump to a height high enough to be a difficult to locate spotter for your teams' missile boats or snipe without easy detection is obviously an advantage in some situations. And well, while it doesn't always work, sometimes quickly jump jetting while moving side to side or backwards, or forwards can screw with the arc inbound missiles enough they'll miss, particularly with inner sphere ones since they typically all come down in one fairly uniform and dense volley. That trick can sometimes work even with a fairly wide assault.

I mean sure, but one JJ is always useful. huge utility in many circumstances

#32 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 10:07 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 04 November 2021 - 09:24 AM, said:

I mean sure, but one JJ is always useful. huge utility in many circumstances

Unless you've got one of the assaults that has the nerfed 2 ton each jumpjets and no skill points whatsoever in the tree, yes. At that point, the single jump jet will oft times literally run out of fuel before you can even use it for reducing leg damage from a fall. Even between the existing heavies and assaults with jump jets, there's often a noticable performance gap in effectiveness for tonnage dedicated to jump jets, and sometimes from their actual tabletop game versions, particularly comparing to earlier battletech materials.

The rifleman IIC in the tabletop for example is an example of a heavy mech that gets a surprising amount of mileage and general use from jump jets, also in most of the other videogames it appears in. Unless something's changed I'm not aware of, this game caps you to three jump jets on that mech, when both the tabletop and many of the other videogame versions can support up to 8, with a vertical flight capacity of 150 meters with the standard in tabletop 5 jumpjets. In this one, you have 3 jumpjets and even with skill points in the jump jet tree maxed out, you won't get the full 150 meterrs of flight, vertically, or horizontally before they cut out, even from a slope. Think the most I've ever gotten was just over 60, which to be fair, does also surpass the fairly standard "30 meters jump distance" of the newer tabletop rules for what 3 jump jets on that mech would normally be capable of.

Obviously, most of the mechs in this game get less jumping height then tabletop versions for a combination of balance and level design reasons, but still, it's kind off weird going from a high end performer for jump height in the heavy category to lower end average.

If I put jump jets on an assault, I'm going to put multiple just because there seems to be a bit of a quiet nerf mechanic at play in terrms of mech size versus jumpjet lift and distance capacity.

#33 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 10:11 AM

I always mount JJs in heavies and assaults that can take them, often to the full amount with the associated skill tree perks. I use them mostly to spread damage to the legs and throw off aim at me, but they are also super useful for exploiting terrain shortcuts. I can cut through the city maps faster by jumping onto buildings and walking on roofs.

Now imagine if buildings could be destroyed and one could accidentally fall through the roof of a weak building Posted Image

#34 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 11:00 AM

And apparently I will be the first to talk about the Pattern Preview Images which those at PGI have posted! They're glorious and make me wonder what the Color Channels will be like. I wonder if anyone there would be willing to post an alternate image showing how the Color Channels are set up, as well as give information on what pre-applied sheen that has to be compensated for when choosing a Color to use. That way, people can begin dreaming about the Paint Jobs which they might wish to apply later. :)

~D. V. "definitely likes the close-up Pattern Preview and the detailing shown in it" Devnull

#35 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:06 PM

Color Channels?

Like... Gold mechs? Platinum mechs: Posted Image

[Edit]
Never mind... misunderstanding...
Still awaiting for my Gold, Platinum/Silver, & Bronze mechs ;)
[/Edit]

(Very interested...at least I do not have to spend US$500 for it !!)

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 November 2021 - 11:00 AM, said:

And apparently I will be the first to talk about the Pattern Preview Images which those at PGI have posted! They're glorious and make me wonder what the Color Channels will be like. I wonder if anyone there would be willing to post an alternate image showing how the Color Channels are set up, as well as give information on what pre-applied sheen that has to be compensated for when choosing a Color to use. That way, people can begin dreaming about the Paint Jobs which they might wish to apply later. Posted Image

~D. V. "definitely likes the close-up Pattern Preview and the detailing shown in it" Devnull

Edited by w0qj, 06 November 2021 - 03:39 AM.

#36 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:22 PM

For the UrbanMech, could you guys add the cross-shaped geometry for the machine-guns on the second laser slot on the right arm?

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 03:19 AM

Two to reply to... okay! :D

View Postw0qj, on 05 November 2021 - 10:06 PM, said:

Color Channels?

Like... Gold mechs? Platinum mechs: Posted Image
(Very interested...at least I do not have to spend US$500 for it !!)

To describe: When you're configuring what colors your Mech will wear on the Pattern – or Base Camo – that you're using, there are three options given. Each one of those is called a Color Channel and is altered to meet your request. Basically, you click a color, and it is literally applying & channeling your request into making a physical implementation. So what I am asking for is knowledge on what areas of the Mech that any Color Channel will affect. That will enable both myself and others to have the ability of planning out in advance how we might wish to configure our own. :)

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 05 November 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

For the UrbanMech, could you guys add the cross-shaped geometry for the machine-guns on the second laser slot on the right arm?

I'm actually in hope that they will ultimately put the extra HardPoint over on the Left Arm instead, and not promote the right-hand Nascar which has made MWO much less enjoyable in the last few years. That also means a slimmer profile, not too much extra modeling to be done, and no need to worry about setting up some added angles. :o

...and now I'll scram for a bit. See you all later! B)

~D. V. "giving thoughts about Color Channels & HardPoint Model Mounts in return" Devnull

#38 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 09:37 PM

View Postambosen, on 04 November 2021 - 10:07 AM, said:

Unless you've got one of the assaults that has the nerfed 2 ton each jumpjets and no skill points whatsoever in the tree, yes. At that point, the single jump jet will oft times literally run out of fuel before you can even use it for reducing leg damage from a fall. Even between the existing heavies and assaults with jump jets, there's often a noticable performance gap in effectiveness for tonnage dedicated to jump jets, and sometimes from their actual tabletop game versions, particularly comparing to earlier battletech materials.

The rifleman IIC in the tabletop for example is an example of a heavy mech that gets a surprising amount of mileage and general use from jump jets, also in most of the other videogames it appears in. Unless something's changed I'm not aware of, this game caps you to three jump jets on that mech, when both the tabletop and many of the other videogame versions can support up to 8, with a vertical flight capacity of 150 meters with the standard in tabletop 5 jumpjets. In this one, you have 3 jumpjets and even with skill points in the jump jet tree maxed out, you won't get the full 150 meterrs of flight, vertically, or horizontally before they cut out, even from a slope. Think the most I've ever gotten was just over 60, which to be fair, does also surpass the fairly standard "30 meters jump distance" of the newer tabletop rules for what 3 jump jets on that mech would normally be capable of.

Obviously, most of the mechs in this game get less jumping height then tabletop versions for a combination of balance and level design reasons, but still, it's kind off weird going from a high end performer for jump height in the heavy category to lower end average.

If I put jump jets on an assault, I'm going to put multiple just because there seems to be a bit of a quiet nerf mechanic at play in terrms of mech size versus jumpjet lift and distance capacity.

a single jump jet is useful even on 100 tonners. you aren't taking it in order to jump on top of buildings and such, but to make quicker turns, scale steep slopes, and get around the numerous small obstacles and bumps in the terrain, which can often bring you to a complete halt otherwise. i would always recommend taking at least one jump jet whenever possible, unless a particular build simply won't fit or has to be severely compromised in order to do so.

#39 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 November 2021 - 06:11 AM

The Dire Wolf DWF-C with ECM + JJ in CT comes to mind.
You cannot remove the 2ton JJ from CT, and the DWF-C feels either very short on ammo (2tons extra would be nice!), or feels too hot (2x DHS extra would be nice!).

I for one would gladly pay for a new Dire Wolf Hero mech with only ECM in CT, and no JJ.

View Postcougurt, on 06 November 2021 - 09:37 PM, said:

...i would always recommend taking at least one jump jet whenever possible, unless a particular build simply won't fit or has to be severely compromised in order to do so.

#40 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 10 November 2021 - 04:57 AM

That pattern looks really really nice. makes me want one for my summoner <.<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users