2021 Loyalty Reward 'mech Stats And Pattern!

56 replies to this topic

#41 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 November 2021 - 09:40 AM

View Postambosen, on 04 November 2021 - 10:07 AM, said:

Unless you've got one of the assaults that has the nerfed 2 ton each jumpjets and no skill points whatsoever in the tree, yes. At that point, the single jump jet will oft times literally run out of fuel before you can even use it for reducing leg damage from a fall. Even between the existing heavies and assaults with jump jets, there's often a noticable performance gap in effectiveness for tonnage dedicated to jump jets, and sometimes from their actual tabletop game versions, particularly comparing to earlier battletech materials.

The rifleman IIC in the tabletop for example is an example of a heavy mech that gets a surprising amount of mileage and general use from jump jets, also in most of the other videogames it appears in. Unless something's changed I'm not aware of, this game caps you to three jump jets on that mech, when both the tabletop and many of the other videogame versions can support up to 8, with a vertical flight capacity of 150 meters with the standard in tabletop 5 jumpjets. In this one, you have 3 jumpjets and even with skill points in the jump jet tree maxed out, you won't get the full 150 meterrs of flight, vertically, or horizontally before they cut out, even from a slope. Think the most I've ever gotten was just over 60, which to be fair, does also surpass the fairly standard "30 meters jump distance" of the newer tabletop rules for what 3 jump jets on that mech would normally be capable of.

Obviously, most of the mechs in this game get less jumping height then tabletop versions for a combination of balance and level design reasons, but still, it's kind off weird going from a high end performer for jump height in the heavy category to lower end average.

If I put jump jets on an assault, I'm going to put multiple just because there seems to be a bit of a quiet nerf mechanic at play in terrms of mech size versus jumpjet lift and distance capacity.

One hex (30 meters) per jump-jet. One (standard) Jump-Jet per hex of walking speed (engine rating divided by tonnage). So a 300-rated engine on a 100 ton 'mech can support 3 jump jets (300/100). A 400 rated engine on the same 'mech can support 4 jump jets (but you can equip less if you want). Improved Jump Jets can equip up to the running speed's worth (1.5 times walking speed, rounded up to the next whole number for the sake of TT, something PGI fixed to keep things consistent. 60/30x1.5 = 2x1.5=3. An Urbie could mount 3 improved jump jets, which are double-size and double-weight of regular jump jets, so you effectively get half the performance for the size, but with a raised cap).

Rifleman IIC being 65 tons, with a 195 engine, 195/65 = 3 (DWF speed). 3 x 30 = 90 meter jump range.
SMN is 70 tons with a 350 engine: 350/70 = 5. 5 x 30 = 150 meter jump range.

As for current MWO mechanics: one area where I appreciate the Cauldron's work has been that of mobility: Jump Jets are better than they were a few months ago (though still not as far as I hoped to see them go, and without the balancing mechanic I proposed that would have nearly eliminated pop-tarting and restricted them to repositioning-only).

What with the improvement in jumping around, I really miss being able to snipe from the top of that mountain in the middle of Crimson Strait. That's where I leveled up most of my Novas, Vipers, and Mist Lynx's.

#42 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 November 2021 - 09:50 AM

View PostCharon DOC Stock, on 03 November 2021 - 07:38 AM, said:

As it doesn't respect the original design why didn't you call those variant AS7-K3P and UM-R80P?
It hurts my Lorewarrior feelings. I regret having bought MC and a booster pack to qualify for this "rewards".
Wallet closed now.

By the same token, refitting the DWF-C with a standard Streak 4 and a half-ton of ammo instead of the one-shot SSRM4 launcher, at the expense of a heat sink, should have rendered it as the DWF-CP. Alas, PGI seems to have given up on that nomenclature some years ago, now. For the same reason we don't get One-Shot missile launchers (lots of work to be immediately replaced and never touched again), we're getting a double-count of jump jets instead of Improved Jump Jets, since their only benefit was raising a capacity limit that no longer exists, at the expense of being half-strength-per-ton as their standard counterparts.

I'm honestly surprised to see the Atlas-K3, having figured they'd have gone with the S3, first (the variant from MW4), but "Minimum Viable Product" is the name of the game, and the important consideration to keep in mind is the minimum number of hardpoints that require new graphics to be created (thus the lack of the Atlas' right-eye energy hardpoint, and keeping the missile on the same side it's always been). I guess jump jets on an Atlas were considered a bigger variation (with no artwork required) than the eye-mounted laser, and I would have to agree with them on that.

#43 topcat257

Rookie

• The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 10:39 AM

Looks cool! Was REALLY hopeing for a custom face plate for the atlas k3 like they
Did the atlas AS7-(L) but still excited for this

#44 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 November 2021 - 03:19 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 10 November 2021 - 04:57 AM, said:

That pattern looks really really nice.

Agreed... still wondering how the Color Channels will behave, though... :)

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 10 November 2021 - 04:57 AM, said:

makes me want one for my summoner <.<

Maybe they'll do it next year? Or maybe create a new series of Event Rewards for players? I dunno... :o

~D. V. "Good Camo indeed... Perhaps another round of Mechs will get them later?" Devnull

#45 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 10:58 AM

I know that for the majority of players the Atlas is the real prize, but personally I can not wait to try the Dragonfly. Posted Image

#46 Dantecrab

Rookie

• Subaltern
  • Subaltern
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:30 AM

My loyalty viper vanished from my mech bay. is there anything I can do? I'm pretty sure I didnt sell it. Was looking forward to it.

#47 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:46 AM

View PostDantecrab, on 26 November 2021 - 11:30 AM, said:

My loyalty viper vanished from my mech bay. is there anything I can do? I'm pretty sure I didnt sell it. Was looking forward to it.

It's a special 'mech, thus impossible to sell (even if you wanted to). You should email support@mwomercs.com and tell them about it. They should be able to explain what's going on.

#48 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 12:37 PM

View PostDantecrab, on 26 November 2021 - 11:30 AM, said:

As the first thing, check your Mechlab filters (Trial/Owned; Clan/Inner Sphere).

As the second thing, check your tonnage filters (Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault) and Hero/Special filters.

As the third thing, check your "Favorite" filter.

I am pretty sure that your Blue Viper is still in your 'Mechlab, just you can not see it because of some active filter setting.

#49 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 11:14 AM

Feedback on the Atlas K3 Model: It's missing 2 of the laser "plugs" in the CT:
Posted Image

#50 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:26 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 November 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

Feedback on the Atlas K3 Model: It's missing 2 of the laser "plugs" in the CT:
Posted Image

That's a "feature". :) (Pretty sure if you go strip the CT lasers off of any other Atlas, it'll look exactly the same, even on the D-DC, which also lacks the CT laser hardpoints.

#51 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 05:57 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 27 November 2021 - 01:26 PM, said:

That's a "feature". Posted Image (Pretty sure if you go strip the CT lasers off of any other Atlas, it'll look exactly the same, even on the D-DC, which also lacks the CT laser hardpoints.

Well, let me inform you, that this is not the case. I have some other Atlases where this feature is not present:

Boar's Head

Posted Image

AS7-D

Posted Image

AS7-D-DC

Posted Image

Kraken

Posted Image

Kraken and D both have unused Hardpoints in the CT, but there are no missing "plugs".

#52 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 30 November 2021 - 05:32 AM

OP says there should be an AMS hardpoint on the UM-R80(L) right torso... but it does not have on ingame.
Has that been dropped or forgotten?

Did I miss anything?

---

I can't belive it took me a week to notice... (shame on me!)

Edited by Cyrilis, 30 November 2021 - 06:22 AM.

#53 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2021 - 01:20 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 28 November 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

Well, let me inform you, that this is not the case. I have some other Atlases where this feature is not present:

Boar's Head

Posted Image

AS7-D

Posted Image

AS7-D-DC

Posted Image

Kraken

Posted Image

Kraken and D both have unused Hardpoints in the CT, but there are no missing "plugs".

I stand corrected! Either way, I'm fully of the opinion that it should be fixed, because it looks so inconsistent to have the other plugs, and be missing the ones over the unequipped hardpoints. I just thought I remembered seeing that elsewhere, before. (It's been a long time since I modified an Atlas).

EDIT: not only was I wrong about the missing plugs, but having examined my own Atlases, including this one, more closely, I'm realizing that the inside walls of those two hardpoints are "invisible". If you look closely at them, you can see clear through their inner surfaces towards the next outside object (CT armor straight through, or Sky/Arms/Head if you can get it at just the right angle).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 02 December 2021 - 01:26 PM.

#54 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 December 2021 - 01:27 PM

Confirm this has been corrected/actioned: AMS hardpoint already added back to UM-R80 mech via this 14-Dec-2021 patch!

View PostCyrilis, on 30 November 2021 - 05:32 AM, said:

OP says there should be an AMS hardpoint on the UM-R80(L) right torso... but it does not have on ingame.
Has that been dropped or forgotten? ...

#55 Ragnhild

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 09:28 AM

I never wanted to have an Urbanmech and this one now is blocking a Mechbay.
I cannot regularly sell it, is there any other way of getting rid of it?

#56 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 11:51 AM

View PostRagnhild, on 21 January 2023 - 09:28 AM, said:

I never wanted to have an Urbanmech and this one now is blocking a Mechbay.
I cannot regularly sell it, is there any other way of getting rid of it?

Well, it came with it's own mechbay and it's not blocking anything. You can't sell it regularly. You can only contact support and ask them to remove the mech from your account. Doing so will not get you a free mechbay, though. But then why would you? It's actually one of the best 30tonners out there.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 22 January 2023 - 11:51 AM.

#57 Ragnhild

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 02:48 AM

"Doing so will not get you a free mechbay, though."
Yepp, worked fine. Supportive support is supportive Posted Image

"But then why would you?"
1) I dislike the model as such at least since 1998
2) I like the Phoenix Hawk I bought instead

Posted Image

Edited by Ragnhild, 25 January 2023 - 02:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users