#1 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image

Greeting from 2WAR,

MWO is a wonderful game. The stompy robot action ranges from being fast and intense to cautious and tactical. For many of us that have been here for years, it has been a memorable experience.

However, as fun as outplaying and being outplayed can be, the question of whether a display of skill was honest or not casts a shadow on this game. MWO does not use anti-cheat not does PGI put effort in catching dishonest players.

We at 2WAR cannot solve the problem, however we can be a part of the solution. If anyone has doubts as to whether we play honestly or not, we offer the ability to spectate us play. Join our Discord Server with this link: https://discord.gg/AFHDeX4fjf

Enter the marked channel when you know we are playing, and even if we are in a private channel we will move you in and you may ask anyone to stream for you. Not all of us have great internet connections, but we will try.

Posted Image

The only limitation is if you or your group is playing on the other team in a match, then you must wait until the next match for fairness reasons.

I hope that all units that love this game, and want to preserve the community we have, would be willing to join this initiative in some way to ensure we all are enjoying honest fun.

Over and out.

#2 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 29 October 2021 - 08:10 PM

So who was accusing you of cheating?

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 October 2021 - 09:08 PM

I feel very confident that Nightbird is not cheating, but there is some "drama" in the community that is happening as we speak. It is, however, not connected to 2WAR AFAIK.

#4 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 29 October 2021 - 10:07 PM

Nightbird has never and will never cheat. He Is just extremely competitive (IE) Good Refresh rate/mouse settings and general playstyle along with meta builds

#5 SVEDRUM

• Pip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 30 October 2021 - 02:05 AM

Nightbird speaks not only for itself, but also for our unit 2WAR.

#6 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 799 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 02:34 AM

Viewing "fair play" can shock you. This is dangerous sh1t. Be careful, you can fall asleep while watching "fast and intense" action Posted Image

#7 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 30 October 2021 - 04:59 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 30 October 2021 - 02:34 AM, said:

Viewing "fair play" can shock you. This is dangerous sh1t. Be careful, you can fall asleep while watching "fast and intense" action Posted Image

LOL. Funny you say this, because I started to fall asleep in my chair during B33f’s last Twitch stream. No offense to him because I was also trying to find info about using the Save Editor with Yet Another Mech Lab in MW5. Hoping to have him do a stream with that mod.

Figured it all out last night while playing Young Frankenstein on the TV behind me. So I could host a game with enough assets to allow full customization. Pausing when it got to the best parts of the movie.

”Sed-a-give!!!”

#8 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 05:46 AM

A: not sure what this should fix. Mwo has the best anticheat in beeing a niche game and server hit detection.
B: sure an aimbot could be noticed but not wall hacks etc.

#9 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 05:56 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 29 October 2021 - 08:10 PM, said:

So who was accusing you of cheating?

Bad players / Noobs

#10 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 08:53 AM

We've had accusations against multiple members of our unit. Also, please keep any who accused whom discussions out of this thread since it is against ToC.

#11 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,723 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 30 October 2021 - 09:00 AM

A player recently accuse me of cheating with of all thing - LRM's.
I invited him to a privately lobby just to show him and he accepted.
And this is a player that's been around for a few years.
He learned it's all about positioning and knowing the terrain and maps.
And yes some people are just that good with a particular weapon system.
He did apologize and learned a valuable lesson.
When you see people like Nightbird and a few others.
Just say "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid" and try to stay out of his damn line of sight.

#12 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 12:24 PM

My favorite hackusation against me that I remember was when I put stealth armor on a cataphract, walked up to an atlas, and UAC20 double tap / 5MPLed him in the cockpit as he gormlessly stared directly at me.

He said I was cheating and there was no way I could have gotten rid of my red triangle.

I also got one for having a tarcom 8 on a panther with two ERPPCs where I was shooting people from 1500m and a guy I was counterpoking from across the map was angry about it.

I have no doubt that hackers exist in MWO, but I usually think that people accusing others of hacking are diluted if there isn't clear evidence of it happening.

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 12:52 PM

The only time I had a suspision about hacking was when RACs where introduced. Didn't know there where programs that help you clicking at the right time.
They came up for a time but nowadays I think I hardly see any anymore. Most stuff I see is pretty normal AC fire.
Also found out that you can be very fast even without the programs....well you never stop learning ^_^

#14 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 03:11 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 30 October 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

A: not sure what this should fix. Mwo has the best anticheat in beeing a niche game and server hit detection.
B: sure an aimbot could be noticed but not wall hacks etc.

If I streamed my screen to you, wouldn't that rule out B?

Edited by Nightbird, 30 October 2021 - 03:11 PM.

#15 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 05:47 PM

I am not sure how is the state in mwo. But at least in other titles u can show the viewers an diffrent screen from what u see. So u got mark (what eher the programm does) and your viewers cant see.

#16 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 06:22 PM

View PostNightbird, on 30 October 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

We've had accusations against multiple members of our unit. Also, please keep any who accused whom discussions out of this thread since it is against ToC.

Hmm, this reeks of a preemptive PR move to allay response to soon to be released evidence of rampant cheating...

Or so politics has taught me.

#17 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 October 2021 - 06:26 PM

yo what the hell is happening??

#18 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 10:51 PM

Go reddit

#19 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 11:41 PM

So how's PGI going with the investigations?

#20 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 October 2021 - 02:09 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 30 October 2021 - 09:00 AM, said:

A player recently accuse me of cheating with of all thing - LRM's.
I invited him to a privately lobby just to show him and he accepted.
He did apologize and learned a valuable lesson.
Unfortunately, he was an outlier. Today's culture spawns tons of people who are NOT capable of accepting that they might be wrong.
They would rather screech about "not buying your excuses" than facing the possibility they might have missed or misunderstood something - if forced to face incontrovertible proof that they were wrong, they will reject it out of hand, dismiss anyone and any source that backs that proof as part of your evil conspiracy, and then escalate into straight blind hatred for daring to question their infallible authority.

View PostCommoners, on 30 October 2021 - 12:24 PM, said:

My favorite hackusation against me that I remember was when I put stealth armor on a cataphract, walked up to an atlas, and UAC20 double tap / 5MPLed him in the cockpit as he gormlessly stared directly at me.

He said I was cheating and there was no way I could have gotten rid of my red triangle.

I also got one for having a tarcom 8 on a panther with two ERPPCs where I was shooting people from 1500m and a guy I was counterpoking from across the map was angry about it.

I have no doubt that hackers exist in MWO, but I usually think that people accusing others of hacking are diluted if there isn't clear evidence of it happening.

Pretty much.
I've had a Solaris opponent accuse me of cheating because "all streaks went for legs". I had no Streaks, just a bunch of regular SRMs with Artemis.
I've had an opponent accuse me of cheating because I blew up his side torso when he was shut down from overheating, resulting in his mech shutting down right after repowering when the game recalculated his heat levels.
I've seen players claim cheaters make their missiles explode in the air (obviously AMS does not exist).
I've seen players claim cheaters are hacking their network connections / PCs to make them lag and get testy when called out on just how batshit f***ing insane that claim is.
I've even seen players claim it is cheating to refit one's mech or to choose mechs for their roles based on hardpoints and hitboxes (imagine that!).

Edited by Horseman, 31 October 2021 - 03:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users