November Free Mech Event

52 replies to this topic

#41 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:45 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 15 November 2021 - 11:03 AM, said:

Chill, Dev Posted Image this user was making a joke...

Okay... You had me going there for a moment. :)

On other notes, it appears that Challenge has been silently fixed, and now properly reads...

As of this post, the 2021 November EBJ-B Event 8th Challenge Title said:

CAULDRON BORN

...after somebody sneaked by and tweaked it. I do wish however that whoever fixed this would have posted back to say that they did, so I could have then directly thanked them for not letting it remain misspelled. It's seriously not a rude demand for a response, but a hope that they would want the communication lanes to stay open and positive. And heck, since I am trying to help, then it would have been possible to toss a 'Like' on their post too. If they have done the non-constructive behavior of ignoring me on the Forums here, then they're missing out on some easily-gained 'Like' count and any useful constructive feedback which I can provide. :o

Oh well... Back to pumping out some results for the Event Totals which I have left to do. That reminds me... I just double-checked the Thread and found that I failed to post about my being grateful for this 2021 November EBJ-B Event which we have going on, so...

To whoever helped make the 2021-11 EBJ-B Event this time, as well as whoever fixed the misspelling, THANK YOU!!!

...and I'll leave them the suggestion of "Hot and Furry from the Cauldron" or just "Hairy Hot Cauldron" as a name that this Event could have been tagged with. B)

~D. V. "glad for the spelling fix, thankful for the 2021-11 EBJ-B Event happening, and suggesting a Title too" Devnull

#42 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 November 2021 - 04:21 AM

Ebon Jaguar EBJ-B build suggestions here, also for all free monthly mech build suggestions Posted Image

http://mwomercs.com...free-mech-guide

http://docs.google.c...Aud8VihUp7zDCUw

Edited by w0qj, 16 November 2021 - 04:22 AM.

#43 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 04:31 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 November 2021 - 11:45 PM, said:

Back to pumping out some results for the Event Totals which I have left to do.

The good thing is that you can concentrate on getting the Cauldron-Born itself and once you get the 'Mech itself, you can re-arm it with ballistic or missile weapons to complete the remaining parts of the challenge.

#44 mangusta

Rookie

• The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 3 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:47 PM

Ebon Jaguar, very nice Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by mangusta, 16 November 2021 - 12:48 PM.

#45 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:32 AM

OK, event completed. Now for XMas lootbags and December Mech Posted Image

#46 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:19 AM

View Postmangusta, on 16 November 2021 - 12:47 PM, said:

Ebon Jaguar, very nice Posted Image Posted Image

View PostCh_R0me, on 03 December 2021 - 12:32 AM, said:

OK, event completed. Now for XMas lootbags and December Mech Posted Image

Hey, you two... You may have gone through November 2021's Event and completed it, you may have an EBJ-B Mech earned now, and you may be looking forward to the Next (Probably what we'll call "Mechmas 2021" here???) Event with whatever good awesomeness comes with it. But... never forget to thank those at PGI who made the Event for all of us to enjoy... We all need them to feel like they should not want to hide from their Mech-piloting players, because it does not help communication between players and PGI when they do hide.. ;)

~D. V. "It's always best to give PGI thanks for stuff in Events that you earn, regardless of anything else." Devnull

#47 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 09:04 AM

Any particular reason why the Camo Grey colour reward isn't turning up in my palette after 2 days completing that section? The Blood Orange and Escalation Sky Blue appeared after about an hour of finishing those parts of what is, a fun event for a decent mech - ty PGI.

#48 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 09:25 AM

View Postcazeral, on 07 December 2021 - 09:04 AM, said:

Any particular reason why the Camo Grey colour reward isn't turning up in my palette after 2 days completing that section? The Blood Orange and Escalation Sky Blue appeared after about an hour of finishing those parts of what is, a fun event for a decent mech - ty PGI.

Use this e-mail to ask the MWO Support service:
accounts@mwomercs.com

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 12:13 PM

View Postcazeral, on 07 December 2021 - 09:04 AM, said:

Hi there, 'cazeral'... other than what 'martian' wrote...

View Postmartian, on 07 December 2021 - 09:25 AM, said:

Use this e-mail to ask the MWO Support service:
accounts@mwomercs.com

...have you already pressed the Event Challenge's corresponding "Redeem"/"Claim" Button to acquire the Reward which you're telling us you have earned? Also, 'cazeral', provided the answer is "Yes" to that Question which I'm asking, did you initiate the Redeem/Claim from the Website's page elements or from the In-Game Event Browser functions? If from the Website, you may have fallen afoul of a Bug/Issue which many before you have tripped upon, and it may take some time before you'll finish acquiring the Reward which you earned, either because you're waiting for the Injector System to do it's job, or something is waiting for you to simply not be in the MechLab so it can do what it must. Running a few battles, going to the Testing Grounds and returning, or even doing a Re-Login can usually correct this, provided it isn't something that put your earnings on a time delay. If you did the Redeem/Claim from the In-Game Event Browser functions, then you might merely need to either go run a few battles or simply re-login to the game. If you don't have your "Camo Grey" Color within the next 48 Hours however, then definitely Contact MWO Support for sure at the address which 'martian' provided for your use. :huh:

~D. V. "just providing a more detailed explanation of why 'cazeral's Reward may not have shown up" Devnull

#50 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:54 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 December 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

If you don't have your "Camo Grey" Color within the next 48 Hours however, then definitely Contact MWO Support for sure at the address which 'martian' provided for your use. Posted Image

The longest waiting experienced by me, after redeeming rewards through the web page, was 24 hours. 48 hours is a little too long, even for PGI. Posted Image

#51 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 08:53 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 December 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

Hi there, 'cazeral'... other than what 'martian' wrote...

...have you already pressed the Event Challenge's corresponding "Redeem"/"Claim" Button to acquire the Reward which you're telling us you have earned? Also, 'cazeral', provided the answer is "Yes" to that Question which I'm asking, did you initiate the Redeem/Claim from the Website's page elements or from the In-Game Event Browser functions? If from the Website, you may have fallen afoul of a Bug/Issue which many before you have tripped upon, and it may take some time before you'll finish acquiring the Reward which you earned, either because you're waiting for the Injector System to do it's job, or something is waiting for you to simply not be in the MechLab so it can do what it must. Running a few battles, going to the Testing Grounds and returning, or even doing a Re-Login can usually correct this, provided it isn't something that put your earnings on a time delay. If you did the Redeem/Claim from the In-Game Event Browser functions, then you might merely need to either go run a few battles or simply re-login to the game. If you don't have your "Camo Grey" Color within the next 48 Hours however, then definitely Contact MWO Support for sure at the address which 'martian' provided for your use. Posted Image

~D. V. "just providing a more detailed explanation of why 'cazeral's Reward may not have shown up" Devnull

Thanks to you and martian for your kind suggestions. I'm thinking it was more along your suggestion D.V as I was just checking again before contacting support, when low and behold, 4 days late, the colour appeared on my palette! Thank you though, both, for taking the time and pointing me in various directions to help - much appreciated.

#52 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:24 AM

View Postcazeral, on 09 December 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

... 4 days late, the colour appeared on my palette!

Wow! New recognized record for the team PGI! Posted Image

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 06:10 PM

View Postcazeral, on 09 December 2021 - 08:53 AM, said:

Thanks to you and martian for your kind suggestions. I'm thinking it was more along your suggestion D.V as I was just checking again before contacting support, when low and behold, 4 days late, the colour appeared on my palette! Thank you though, both, for taking the time and pointing me in various directions to help - much appreciated.

You're very welcome, 'cazeral', and I'm glad to hear that your "Camo Grey" paint color finally arrived in your Mech Garage for your personal use. :D

As a small tip... If you wish to try your best at avoiding this accidentally happening again in the future, then please make sure to use the In-Game Event Browser to do any Redeem/Claim Operations when getting any Rewards which you have put in the effort to earn for yourself. (The web pages for keeping track of Events are still useful for simply keeping aware, but they have been known to cause problems when doing Redeem/Claim Operations to collect stuff.) However, if you're already doing that, and this happened during use of the In-Game Event Browser to get what you earned, then you'll want to still Contact MWO Support and give them a heads-up that something in the MWO Game Client itself may have gone goofy. ^_^

~D. V. "here is to a hope that 'cazeral' will never have this Reward-granting Bug ever happen to them again" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users