#81 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:42 PM

View Postw0qj, on 24 November 2021 - 05:10 PM, said:

So can you confirm that Clan Wave 1 special variants cannot change its Camo??
TBR-Prime(I), NVA-Prime(I), DWF-Prime(I), etc.

It got changed sometime before I bought my pack, (which is why I was surprised the NTG-D(CS) was limited that way), but I noticed the other day that it's still listed in the store page as a "feature" of one of the Invasion 'mech packs. (It might actually have been listed on Wave III, since that's the one I don't have, yet, and would have been admiring in the store).

To my understanding, the new Night Gyr is currently the only 'mech in the game with this limitation. The Invasion packs are the only place I've seen it mentioned, so I don't know if there was a similar limitation on earlier packs. Either way, it's been removed on all of them by now. Look at bullet point #2.

Posted Image

EDIT: I see similar text on the Resistance II pack, so it seems like it was a thing for the multi-'mech packs back in the day.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 24 November 2021 - 05:59 PM.

#82 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:05 AM

View PostFelbombling, on 19 November 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hey Cauldron gang... can you put some pressure on PGI to colour-code the base quirks to make life easier for everyone when it comes to viewing the Mech Stats in the Mech Lab? With all the changes in recent months and in months to come, it would go a long way in helping the player base reassess their Mech builds.

Many thanks.

Been asking for this for years.. not sure why they haven't implemented it yet because absolutely no one would be against it..

#83 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:31 AM

View PostSevronis, on 23 November 2021 - 11:24 AM, said:

Got people in the Skye Ranger discord already noting that the NTG reward from comp queue matches was not injected into their accounts. I'm at work so can't check mine yet, but I know I should be getting one as well.

Got the NTG but didn't get the MC yet..

#84 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:50 AM

I'd like to pass my thanks to the Cauldron for working this diligently on the game and continuously improving the balance,

I'd ask one question, sorry if this was asked before : will there be some thoughts on the Flamers or they are considered good enough as they are? Just curious about this "peculiar" weapon ;)

Again, many thanks for your efforts Cauldron Team! and to PGI too, for taking their inputs in!

#85 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 25 November 2021 - 07:54 AM

Hey Cauldron gang... can you put some pressure on PGI to colour-code the base quirks to make life easier for everyone when it comes to viewing the Mech Stats in the Mech Lab? With all the changes in recent months and in months to come, it would go a long way in helping the player base reassess their Mech builds.

Many thanks.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 25 November 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

Been asking for this for years.. not sure why they haven't implemented it yet because absolutely no one would be against it..

I express my support for this idea too :)

Would be a perfect QoL update, to be able to still discern what are the mech quirks from the Skills, weapon type color based too,
I can only see the wall of Ammo text spamming the list, now that mechs are getting these type of quirks too! (unless they rework that too eventually?)

#86 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:16 AM

Would appreciate help to add back this +5% AC2 cooldown for MAL-1P which was already there before this Nov'2021 patch, as this is actually quite noticeable on ballistic-only builds on MAL-1P.

I did prefer (and bought) MAL-1P for this extra +5% AC2 cooldown, otherwise I would have just stuck with my MAL-1R instead (which I also have, but much prefer MAL-1P). Thanks!

View PostNavid A1, on 24 November 2021 - 03:50 AM, said:

...MAL-1P: Better LBX spread, better cooldown for all ballistic weapons other than AC2. unchanged missile performance, 5% less cooldown for AC2. ...

.... besides AC2 on MAL-1P which was nerf'd by 5% on cooldown (0.1 seconds, which might be addressed in a future patch) ...

Edited by w0qj, 25 November 2021 - 09:04 AM.

#87 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 November 2021 - 01:57 PM

Because there is no developer resources to do it. You are well, well aware of it so come on - don't say you are 'not sure why'.

That said Cauldron have most certainly asked to have them cleaned up/grouped and colour coded. I think Navid even had an example proposal.

It would be a very nice/small improvement to have for all players from Vets to brand new players. Just have to hope it happens.

View PostWarmasterRaptor, on 25 November 2021 - 07:50 AM, said:

I'd ask one question, sorry if this was asked before : will there be some thoughts on the Flamers or they are considered good enough as they are? Just curious about this "peculiar" weapon Posted Image

It's come up a few times but nothing definitive in terms of do they actually need it.

Right now 2-3 flamers is pretty strong, actually really strong. Can completely invalidate 2 mechs with them.

Do you think they need attention? If so - what?

#88 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:22 PM

View Postw0qj, on 25 November 2021 - 08:16 AM, said:

Would appreciate help to add back this +5% AC2 cooldown for MAL-1P which was already there before this Nov'2021 patch, as this is actually quite noticeable on ballistic-only builds on MAL-1P.

I did prefer (and bought) MAL-1P for this extra +5% AC2 cooldown, otherwise I would have just stuck with my MAL-1R instead (which I also have, but much prefer MAL-1P). Thanks!

Don't forget you only have 4 AC2s on the 1P. So you have other weapons onboard - all took a buff with a global cooldown so the DPS is a net buff for the mech.

Builds like the below are all better for it overall as some examples:

mal-1p - AC5/PPC
mal-1p - AC2/LPPC
mal-1p - AC2/ERPPC
mal-1p AC10/LPPC
mal-1p LBX5/PPC

So while one specific weapon became a little less (literally, a tiny bit) the door definitely opens with the global cooldown to better scenarios with more weapons which overall is a nett buff for the mech in a big way.

With a lot of the changes and posts I read - it mostly comes down to people just needing to spend some more time in the mechlab and playing around which for many is the fun part.

#89 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 November 2021 - 05:32 PM

We've told them so, and they agree too. Hope they can spare some UI designer time towards it.

View Postw0qj, on 25 November 2021 - 08:16 AM, said:

We could give that 5% back... needs to be brought up but it has to wait till January patch.

#90 Jake Peril

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 09:04 AM

Many thanks.

View PostWarmasterRaptor, on 25 November 2021 - 07:54 AM, said:

I express my support for this idea too Posted Image

Would be a perfect QoL update, to be able to still discern what are the mech quirks from the Skills, weapon type color based too,
I can only see the wall of Ammo text spamming the list, now that mechs are getting these type of quirks too! (unless they rework that too eventually?)

I do not interact with these forums a lot, let alone post, but this is an absolute must-have by now.

So many changes have been made to the quirks, skills and some game mechanics over time, and there still is no proper manual or wiki.
Every time I want to replay an older 'Mech I have to go in, remove all skills, re-assess the loadout if it is still valid or needs tweaking, read ancient patch notes or consult one of the many external sources, like Reddit, Smurfy's (which is outdated, unfortunately), MechDB, Sarna, MetaMechs etc.
Having the quirks color-coded, grouped, filtered or even the option to grey out or disable those that do no apply to the current loadout would be a massive time-saver.
There are many things that annoy me about the UI to no end (like the jumbled mess of hexagonal color boxes, just why?), but this particular one regularly drives me up the wall, seething with white-hot rage.
Posted Image

#91 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 09:09 AM

View PostJake Peril, on 30 November 2021 - 09:04 AM, said:

I do not interact with these forums a lot, let alone post, but this is an absolute must-have by now.
Having the quirks color-coded, grouped, filtered or even the option to grey out or disable those that do no apply to the current loadout would be a massive time-saver.
There are many things that annoy me about the UI to no end (like the jumbled mess of hexagonal color boxes, just why?), but this particular one regularly drives me up the wall, seething with white-hot rage.
Posted Image

There is the entire thread about this problem: Pgi, Would You Please Color-Code The Base Quirks On Mechs?!

#92 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 09:21 PM

I actually prefer (and bought) MAL-1P for this extra +5% AC2 cooldown, otherwise I would have just stuck with my MAL-1R instead (which I also have, but much prefer MAL-1P). Thanks!

[Edit]
A general +5% AC family autocanon cooldown would change things up a bit, since few players use this, and ballistic space is limited in this mech anyways!
[/Edit]

View PostNavid A1, on 25 November 2021 - 05:32 PM, said:

We could give that 5% back... needs to be brought up but it has to wait till January patch.

Edited by w0qj, 03 December 2021 - 06:30 PM.

#93 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 30 November 2021 - 11:30 PM

probably posted this in the wrong section...

View PostCyrilis, on 30 November 2021 - 05:32 AM, said:

[...] there should be an AMS hardpoint on the UM-R80(L) right torso... but it does not have on ingame.
Has that been dropped or forgotten?

Did I miss anything?

---

I can't belive it took me a week to notice... (shame on me!)

#94 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 05:24 AM

Hello to the developers and patch makers, just a light note, since this recent patch using the viper and the game itself
- Problems I have with the Viper (L) is every time this mech alone come near another mech, it starts glitching out or teleport movements (usually within 100m of another mech). Which is annoying as I cannot focus on the enemy with HMG at close range.
- Game, has crash without even a notification. Game just exits. 3 times, so far not during a match.

#95 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 05:28 AM

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 01 December 2021 - 05:24 AM, said:

Hello to the developers and patch makers, just a light note, since this recent patch using the viper and the game itself
- Problems I have with the Viper (L) is every time this mech alone come near another mech, it starts glitching out or teleport movements (usually within 100m of another mech). Which is annoying as I cannot focus on the enemy with HMG at close range.
- Game, has crash without even a notification. Game just exits. 3 times, so far not during a match.

Hey there! Do you run MWO via the standalone launcher? If so, try to run the repair tool. If you are using steam, delete your shader cache files manually.

#96 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 12:32 AM

Err... so how do you manually delete your shader cache files?
(I'm using Steam for MWO)

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 01 December 2021 - 05:28 AM, said:

Hey there! Do you run MWO via the standalone launcher? If so, try to run the repair tool. If you are using steam, delete your shader cache files manually.

#97 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 12:49 AM

View Postw0qj, on 02 December 2021 - 12:32 AM, said:

Err... so how do you manually delete your shader cache files?
(I'm using Steam for MWO)

Navigate to

C:\Users\#youruser#\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders

and delete the folder "cache".

#98 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:22 AM

Please tell me what happened to the game after December 2? On December 2, I played, everything was as usual. On December 3, I went on a business trip, returned on December 5. Turned on the game. Literally during the second battle, my FPS dropped to 5-8 during in battle. Realizing that I shouldn't suffer, I turned off the game. On December 6, I sat down again to play my favorite game. And during the second battle, the FPS dropped again to 5-8. I thought it was because the computer was heating up. I changed the thermal grease on the processor and video card. Today I started playing and again the same situation - in the second and subsequent battles, FPS dropped to 5! In such conditions, I cannot even do 100 damage. I just don't understand what's going on around me! Naturally, there can be no question of any more or less accurate shooting in such conditions.
How can I now complete the tasks of the current event? On assaults, I managed to gain 4000 damage in three days. Today I played two battles on heavy mechs, scored a total of 212 damage. As a result, the experience bar quickly rolled backward. And, naturally, I do not benefit my team.
What happened to the game in less than three days of my absence?
Has anyone else noticed a drop in FPS?

#99 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:24 AM

Everything as usual. Sorry Voice, this seems to be on your end.

#100 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:45 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 07 December 2021 - 04:22 AM, said:

What happened to the game in less than three days of my absence?
Has anyone else noticed a drop in FPS?

Your PC has had issues. Like most random issues, user end.

And no, FPS totally fine and I played/streamed and shout casted on the 5th as well. No issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users